Gaming Football Manager 2016

Woodzy

Cheapest place to get this and still get beta access (I don't want much...)? I guess the days of picking this up brand new for £17 are gone.

nooshka

When is the beta being released? Is it friday, as thats 2 weeks until release the date?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wow. The highlight videos look just as bad as every year and that's the best they could find for a trailer? You can see the teams are still defending with less cohesion than your average Premier League team..

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Wish i was 15/16 again so i could spend my time playing this. Nowadays im lucky if i get 1 hour of gaming every 2 days and thats always spent playing playstation.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The whole thread is one big clusterfeck and reminds me why I left the forum.

For starters, the OP is banned. Not sure why, but that's not exactly uncommon on that forum. About halfway down the page, all4everdragon takes over the "complaint" role and posts a save. Someone discovers he's exploiting the ME and start to use it against him to attack him; Cougar2010, bless his socks, calling him dishonest. Then that post, by Neil Brock, tries to derail the thread by mixing in two unrelated issues (AI squad building and the original complaint, players complaining about a lack of games). His real aim is to defend his employers - but he doesn't consciously know, such is the echo chamber he's been in.

And, of course, reasonable ideas like this one get no replies, positive or otherwise.

In all4everdragon's shoes, he now has to defend himself against 2 moderators, a forum veteran calling him dishonest, and a staff member - all set on what appears to be discrediting him, even to the extent that reasonable ideas are less important. At this point, it doesn't even matter whether he's right or wrong - he's David and they're his Goliath.

There is a phrase, "the customer is always right". This phrase is not supposed to be used literally, of course - but the spirit of the phrase is important. It's used as a motto that your customer must always be satisfied - not that whatever they're saying about your product is 100% correct. If a customer tells a sales representative to go to hell because they're dissatisfied with your product, should the sales representative literally go to hell? No! "The customer is always right" means you should get your butt over to them and make them happy.

A number of years ago, Miles misunderstood this statement and chose to controversially (his words) say:

What SI have done is go in entirely the opposite direction to "the customer is always right". The customer not always being right is a casus belli to attack critique with the hound dogs. And when the critique is done by moderators and staff, that poisons the well and nobody will want to defend them for fear of getting themselves banned (and they're ban-happy).

I personally see a lot of parallels to "old school" organisations, such as the WWE. The backroom staff of the WWE are really old school - people who have been in the business for decades, and are very much used to the old ways, such as hazing and working stiff (i.e. hitting people harder than necessary) towards newcomers. Slowly, but surely, WWE is changing, but it's something that won't be fully embraced for decades. The SI forums are a really, really old community - as old as Redcafe I think, if not older if you include lineage to Championship Manager - but unlike Redcafe, many of the staff are veterans, tight-knit, and similar-minded.

SI do need to be careful because the IT industry is full of "didn't see that coming" events. In the 90s, nobody thought Microsoft would be vulnerable. In the early-2000s, everyone thought Yahoo! would duke it out with Google for eternity. Around about 2010, Apple was struggling with Samsung, but the tables have turned. Closer to gaming, something like Cities: Skylines blindsiding SimCity could appear out of nowhere. This is a world where new software can go to market extraordinarily quickly and the average age of programmmers is dropping too as programming becomes more accessible. Enough discontent and they might piss off enough programmers to do a Cities: Skylines...
I'd love it if this happens. Monopolies are no good for consumers anyway. I remember the days of USM, Premier Manager, Player Manager duking it out together with CM. Hell, we've only got 2 major football games nowadays whereas I grew up playing various football games like Actua Soccer, World Wide Soccer etc.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I loved Player Manager. Player Manager 99 I think it was where I had a fecking amazing team.

Baxter

Anyone know if you can do it like last year. I pre-ordered off amazon, got the code sent and did't get charged. This still possible?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Carrick:

Schneiderlin:

Schweinsteiger:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Smalling should have the same or more potential than Jones.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently Griezmann has a release clause of 77 million? Feck that. No idea who to sign as that's way too much. Will probably leave the squad as is and see how I do with Rooney and everyone else, who needs changing.

Also Arsenal and Chelsea have had bids accepted for Stones for 40m rising to 60m... Feck that. I'll stick with Jones/Smalling/Rojo/Blind

Last edited:

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Is the beta worth me qutting my FM15 save? What are people's first reactions on tactics etc?

I have it but wont be playing it until the weekend

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just had a quick browse on the SI forums. Not many people moaning tbh which is a suprise.
Its pretty good so far, only complaint really being that I don't like how they made the tactics screen. Instructions are nice, but the main tactics page where you pick your team. Looks way too cluttered and the shirt icons on the little pitch there are too big and bulky.

Other then that, its good so far. Arsenal and Chelsea had a transfer battle and were going over £50m to get stones which could show that the AI isn't afraid to spend big on quality players, same with real Madrid bidding for reus. Maybe they fixed the squad building from the AI? Too soon to say though.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Its pretty good so far, only complaint really being that I don't like how they made the tactics screen. Instructions are nice, but the main tactics page where you pick your team. Looks way too cluttered and the shirt icons on the little pitch there are too big and bulky.

Other then that, its good so far. Arsenal and Chelsea had a transfer battle and were going over £50m to get stones which could show that the AI isn't afraid to spend big on quality players, same with real Madrid bidding for reus. Maybe they fixed the squad building from the AI? Too soon to say though.
I really hope they have. Its gets too easy after a bit. Once you sign the right players you can dominate for decades in every competition because the AI teams have weaker squads.

I also hope I can select my team using the right click button of my mouse. They got rid of that last year.

I might load it up tonight just to test tactics and stuff. I prefer to play when the full game comes out and all the facepacks and graphics are out too.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I think its a lot like FM15 actually apart from the UI changes. I can't really see anything drastically different overall. I've seen a lot of injuries in pre-season which is a little worrying.

The new Pro Zone stats are good, seems a lot more detailed. The UI for it again isn't brilliant but the information is very good. Average positions for with the ball and without as well as passes received from are really promising for tactic messing. One thing I can't find is a completed percentage. Having to work it out yourself with this much information just seems like an oversight.

Still struggling to get AM L/R's to track back though in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. I'm having to go to a 4-4-1-1 to get them to come back when we don't have the ball.

dsch

They're defending the ugly-ass tactics screen to the hilt:

User: Not being able to have an AM (attack) and a complete forward (support) in the same tactic without their boxes overlapping is annoying - I may have to restrict my tactics to those which are aesthetically pleasing.

Mod: There's a very good reason that they overlap ... nice visual representation of how they are impeding each other on the pitch in game too...

User: Huh??? A Complete Forward/S has roam from position, how would he interfere with an AM/A, he would be running around the AM/A trying to get in position to get the ball to pass to the AM/A.

Mod: They can (and will) still occasionally occupy the same space, hence their proximity on the tactics screen.

ottosec

I've played half of a season so far, the game looks and plays pretty smooth. There are a lot of great youngsters at United this year.

This is Pereira after 6 months and a Mata tutoring:

Vanja Savic, Fosu_Mensah and Gribbin also have very high potential, i'm trying to train them too. There is no Angel Gomes in the game, tho.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Shaw and Martial look to have poor potential which is odd
I read on the forums that they base everything off last season and don't take this seasons into account when adjudging them even though 10 league games have been played and potentially another 5+ more in other competitions.

Macern

Pee pee pants
How has Shaw only got 11 crossing.
Because he isn't a very good crosser.

My main issue is how immensely underrated Smalling is. How the hell is his acceleration/pace only 13/14? fecking Jones is quicker.

Shaw and Martial look to have poor potential which is odd
Hopefully at least Martials will ve fixed by rge time of the full game is released. Doubt they touch Shaw as he is injured but hopefully he gets fixed.
Meh, don't believe those screenshots from the number of stars in potential given by the assistant. Compare it to yourself taking over some club, which has an assistant who tells you what he thinks of the players. It's not necessarily true, especially potential is impossible to predict. Take those stars with a pinch of salt, Martial's potential is probably -9 which will make him an absolute beast worldclass striker in some saves and more average in other save.

paulscholes18

Started with Man Utd in Lamela 22m and Mario 12.5m (Villarreal) and sold (3rd fm in a row these 2 have been 1st out the door) young (southampton 7m) and Valencia 15.5 m(he had a choice between psg and Monaco and picked Monaco)

Trying to play the way LVG wants us to play,

Structured, control, high line, slower tempo, farirly wide, shorter passing, play out defence, retain possession, more discipline, dribble less, stick to position. Prevent short goal kicks and tight marking

Starting 11

Ddg
Darmian smalling Blind Shaw
Morgan
Cml BFS
Lamela Herrera Memphis
Martial

Just beat Bristol City in a friendly 4-0 Lamela x2 & Martial in the 1st half and Wilson in the 2nd after 11 changes at H/T

Last edited: