g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2016

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Started with Man Utd in Lamela 22m and Mario 12.5m (Villarreal) and sold (3rd fm in a row these 2 have been 1st out the door) young (southampton 7m) and Valencia 25.5 m(he had a choice between psg and Monaco and picked Monaco)

Trying to play the way LVG wants us to play,

Structured, control, high line, slower tempo, farirly wide, shorter passing, play out defence, retain possession, more discipline, dribble less, stick to position. Prevent short goal kicks and tight marking

Starting 11

Ddg
Darmian smalling Blind Shaw
Morgan
Cml BFS
Lamela Herrera Memphis
Martial

Just beat Bristol City in a friendly 4-0 Lamela x2 & Martial in the 1st half and Wilson in the 2nd after 11 changes at H/T

I don't know whats more unrealistic. You selling Valencia for 25m, or not playing Rooney if you are playing the LVG way :o

Ainu

Hopefully at least Martials will ve fixed by rge time of the full game is released. Doubt they touch Shaw as he is injured but hopefully he gets fixed.
It doesn't work like that. I know from posting in the data forum that the Man United researcher (not an SI Games employee btw) doesn't like to make data changes unless he's seen a good deal of the player. Martial's stats have been set by the Monaco researcher at the end of last season and they will likely remain that way until the first data update arrives (which is usually around January). Anyway I'd expect him to have a -10 potential which could make a him a good player or potential world beater depending on your save. Even on my FM14 save he's turned out a world class striker for Real Madrid and I doubt he would've been downgraded by now.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
So fired it up last night and picked Real Madrid. I hate it when they mess with things which aint broken. What is the whole point of the background screen going blurry when you save the game or click next to progress? Just like the tactics screen, there was no need to mess around with that. The design a manager thing at the start is pointless. Still cannot pick my starting XI by right clicking the mouse like FM14 and previous versions but I got used to that during FM15 so not really a major issue. Designed a tactic (4-2-3-1), selected a strong team and won my first game against Mechelen 10-2 with Benzema hitting 5. The match engine looks good and I like the different camera angles.

Just waiting for a update or patch which will make the tactics useless :)

Aussie_Red_Devil

It doesn't work like that. I know from posting in the data forum that the Man United researcher (not an SI Games employee btw) doesn't like to make data changes unless he's seen a good deal of the player. Martial's stats have been set by the Monaco researcher at the end of last season and they will likely remain that way until the first data update arrives (which is usually around January). Anyway I'd expect him to have a -10 potential which could make a him a good player or potential world beater depending on your save. Even on my FM14 save he's turned out a world class striker for Real Madrid and I doubt he would've been downgraded by now.
Ok cool wasn't sure if they took feedback on those sort of things. Having said that it doesn't seem like the team at Football Manager is good at taking any sort of feedback on board at all.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Currently managing Norway. How do I make custom set-pieces? And where do I find the training screen?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Right lets give this a crack.

Just seen create a club on the start menu. Could be interesting.

Ill start with a standard United save first.

Ainu

Ok cool wasn't sure if they took feedback on those sort of things. Having said that it doesn't seem like the team at Football Manager is good at taking any sort of feedback on board at all.
The researchers aren't part of the Football Manager team but are voluntary people who visit matches (even youth matches) and use their own observations to rate players. That's the reason why the Football Manager database is so well regarded, they basically have more scouts than any top team in the world. The United researcher is very fair and once he's seen enough of Martial you can expect correct ratings, even if they may seem a little harsh to us fans as we tend to overrate our own players a little. But as I said, I'd be very surprised if Martial doesn't have a -10 potential, which is the highest variable potential you can give a player. He's still a little too young and raw to get a fixed potential.

Macern

Pee pee pants
The researchers aren't part of the Football Manager team but are voluntary people who visit matches (even youth matches) and use their own observations to rate players. That's the reason why the Football Manager database is so well regarded, they basically have more scouts than any top team in the world. The United researcher is very fair and once he's seen enough of Martial you can expect correct ratings, even if they may seem a little harsh to us fans as we tend to overrate our own players a little. But as I said, I'd be very surprised if Martial doesn't have a -10 potential, which is the highest variable potential you can give a player. He's still a little too young and raw to get a fixed potential.
In most FM's, there are only one or two, or even 0 players who have -10 potential. Last year, only Ødegaard and Tielemans had it, and in previous (recent) FM's, I can only remember Eder Alvarez Balanta and Wilshere or Ramsey (don't remember which of them) getting it. Point is, it's extremly rare and Martial last season didn't prove anything near enough to get -10. And they won't make him -10 after only two months at United.

I haven't checked his potential but I'm very certain it's -9. It might be fixed but I'm 99% sure it isn't -10.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Is there a demo?/When's it out?

Macern

Pee pee pants
Can't decide which club to go for. Last FM I won the CL with Bournemouth, so my aim is obviously to top that or at least do something similar. Any good teams? Preferrably with a rich owner or something. I need money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mata can't seem to stay fit for more then 3-4 games. Keeps getting injured. Probably bad luck as it would be weird if they made him injury prone as he almost never picks up injuries in real life.

Also Smalling gets a yellow almost every game.

Last edited:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I hate the huge block things when you are on your tactics screen. Why did they change that?

Its amazing how something so meaningless can be so annoying.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
In most FM's, there are only one or two, or even 0 players who have -10 potential. Last year, only Ødegaard and Tielemans had it, and in previous (recent) FM's, I can only remember Eder Alvarez Balanta and Wilshere or Ramsey (don't remember which of them) getting it. Point is, it's extremly rare and Martial last season didn't prove anything near enough to get -10. And they won't make him -10 after only two months at United.

I haven't checked his potential but I'm very certain it's -9. It might be fixed but I'm 99% sure it isn't -10.
I think Ramsey was the only -10 in 2010, 2014 had Balanta, Marquinhos and Pogba, swapping Marquinhos for Januzaj in the January update. I don't think I've ever seen more than 3 players with it. I'd be surprised if Martial is -10 from the start, but he might well get a boost in the update if he continues this form

NoLogo

So first impression. It's a great update. A lot of small things got improved. Player interaction is and press-conferences are still annoying because 50% of the time you can't make a reply you would in real life and have to chose something you hope will do the least damage.

But a lot of the other stuff has been really great. I for one love the new tactic screen even though the player blocks on the field are a bit irritating at first but I'm already used to this after just an hour of playing.

I won't really start a serious save game though as I don't feel like playing before I have a fix for all the competition names and stuff like that.

Aussie_Red_Devil

So first impression. It's a great update. A lot of small things got improved. Player interaction is and press-conferences are still annoying because 50% of the time you can't make a reply you would in real life and have to chose something you hope will do the least damage.

But a lot of the other stuff has been really great. I for one love the new tactic screen even though the player blocks on the field are a bit irritating at first but I'm already used to this after just an hour of playing.

I won't really start a serious save game though as I don't feel like playing before I have a fix for all the competition names and stuff like that.
Funny you should mention about competition names. I just cannot play this game without that and logos and everything. I dont know why as it doesn't actually do anything but it's a part of the game i need for some reason lol

NoLogo

Funny you should mention about competition names. I just cannot play this game without that and logos and everything. I dont know why as it doesn't actually do anything but it's a part of the game i need for some reason lol
Yeah for me too. I just hate it if the names aren't correct, it's not a game breaker but I just can't stand it for some reason. Probably because everything else in the game is like the real world stuff but just some competition and team names are changed and it annoys the hell out of me. :lol:

bosnian_red

All the logos, player face packs, name fixes and all that are already out on sortitoutsi, you can use most of the stuff from last year as well.

Aussie_Red_Devil

Yeah for me too. I just hate it if the names aren't correct, it's not a game breaker but I just can't stand it for some reason. Probably because everything else in the game is like the real world stuff but just some competition and team names are changed and it annoys the hell out of me. :lol:
I used to play it just as is. But then on fm 13 i downloaded a logo pack and everything and it made me a bit of a snob and cant stand seeing United have a plain red crest lol

bosnian_red

Oh cool didn't know the name fix from last FM still works. Thanks for the info.
I don't know if the name fix is the same, you just delete that one file and replace it with the one they put on sortitoutsi (for the fake names). But the graphics all work. For competition names I think you need to load the editor data I think, which was also there but I didn't download it yet. You just need to reapply the fake names thing every patch so no point doing it for the beta, but it is save game compatible.

NoLogo

I don't know if the name fix is the same, you just delete that one file and replace it with the one they put on sortitoutsi (for the fake names). But the graphics all work. For competition names I think you need to load the editor data I think, which was also there but I didn't download it yet. You just need to reapply the fake names thing every patch so no point doing it for the beta, but it is save game compatible.
How can I load the editor data? It's not yet out for Beta.

bosnian_red

How can I load the editor data? It's not yet out for Beta.
This file will need to be re-applied if/when patches/updates are released to ensure full compatibility. This is due to the fact that some files which are removed when installing this file are automatically re-installed by Steam when official patches come out.

The sortitoutsi real names fix changes the instances of fake names in Football Manager 16 to the proper, real life names for awards, cities, stadiums and competitions, in cases where the actual name is not licensed. It will also fix the fact that the German National team doesn't call up real players. These are fully save-game compatible.

There is also a club name changes file, which changes the names of clubs in a way which ensures that any nicknames entered in the default database are retained. This file includes the proper names for German, Italian and French clubs to circumvent licensing restrictions. It also adds real-life media and journalists, with 26 media files added to encompass all major footballing nations and continents. Finally, it includes a small file which corrects the 3-Letter competition names to correspond with any changes made in the lnc files. For all these files to work, however, you will need to start a new game.
From the download link (soritoutsi, fm2016 add ons, real names fix). So there isn't a editor data file, but just the second bit needs a new game for it to work.

bosnian_red

Finished my first season already, in 3rd with united, arsenal top and Chelsea 2nd, city 4th. Tried just going without signing anyone, then bought Laporte in January and now just completed deals agreed for Reus and Griezmann to join in the summer (both for over 60m after installments)... Not sure I need them both though. But then again, only Memphis and martial are good going forward.

Martial was pretty good, missed like 23% of the season through injury but got something like 16 goals and 12 assists. Memphis got 22 goals I think, Rooney got 20, Herrera got 9. Mata and Jones were injured for over 30% of the season though, and I'm not sure where to play mata generally as I can't really get him to be useful on the wing and Rooney was a lot better as a 10.

Overall a lot of the same problems in real life. Poor going forward, only had like 64 goals all season, but a very good defence with de Gea winning the golden glove. Also Smalling and Shaw were my 2 highest rated players... Oddly realistic.

Last edited:

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Really enjoying this. My tactics from FM15 work in this version and I've downloaded all the logo and face packs. Waiting for the full game so I can start a proper save.

ottosec

Just finished a season 2nd with 89 points. First was City with 98(!!!) points. They had a crazy run of around 20 straight wins, one of them against me. :eek:

Looks like I need to step up my game.:D

bosnian_red

Dortmund finished 15th in the bundesliga, level on points with the 16th placed team who got relegated only staying up on goal differential... Weird.

bosnian_red

So you can't offer new contracts to your current staff if they worked at a rival club in the past (Neil Hough worked with Liverpool between 1995-99 and since then has been at United apparently, but he doesn't want to enter discussions because United is rivals with Liverpool. Hopefully that's fixed as it's beyond stupid.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So me and my mates are going to start this online tonight?

How many seasons can you do before the game comes out?
As for starting it before the actual release, is there going to be any disadvantages by starting it early?

Obliviously bug issues, but when they patch the game, them fixes would work on my saved game I assume? or would I need to start a fresh game for them to take effect

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

As for starting it before the actual release, is there going to be any disadvantages by starting it early?

Obliviously bug issues, but when they patch the game, them fixes would work on my saved game I assume? or would I need to start a fresh game for them to take effect
Fresh game. I wouldn't start something online until the full game is released.

ottosec

It's basically the full game, only released 2 weeks earlier.

Lastwolf

Finished my first season already, in 3rd with united, arsenal top and Chelsea 2nd, city 4th. Tried just going without signing anyone, then bought Laporte in January and now just completed deals agreed for Reus and Griezmann to join in the summer (both for over 60m after installments)... Not sure I need them both though. But then again, only Memphis and martial are good going forward.

Martial was pretty good, missed like 23% of the season through injury but got something like 16 goals and 12 assists. Memphis got 22 goals I think, Rooney got 20, Herrera got 9. Mata and Jones were injured for over 30% of the season though, and I'm not sure where to play mata generally as I can't really get him to be useful on the wing and Rooney was a lot better as a 10.

Overall a lot of the same problems in real life. Poor going forward, only had like 64 goals all season, but a very good defence with de Gea winning the golden glove. Also Smalling and Shaw were my 2 highest rated players... Oddly realistic.
I found Pereira to be pretty decent.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It's basically the full game, only released 2 weeks earlier.
This is what I am thinking.
But, if there is a major bug to be found, and they bring out a patch, I am worried I will have to start a complete new game again, but hopefully it would patch the current save