Gaming Football Manager 2016

Cina

Yeah, both him and Wilson have been good young players for me and are squad players for now. Januzaj as well now. All have like 3-4 star potential as well.
Januzaj was by far the best player in the game for me in FM15. Ballon D'ors every year once Messi hit 31/32. Shame he's been dropped down a peg but inevitable I guess.

ottosec

This is what I am thinking.
But, if there is a major bug to be found, and they bring out a patch, I am worried I will have to start a complete new game again, but hopefully it would patch the current save
I don't think that has ever happened. Pretty much all patch changes are applied to the current save, except the potential and ability changes, of course.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Januzaj was by far the best player in the game for me in FM15. Ballon D'ors every year once Messi hit 31/32. Shame he's been dropped down a peg but inevitable I guess.
Januzaj in 15 had a set PA of 175 or 177/178 I think. He might be back to a -9 or just a lower set pa. Not sure. Doesn't seem as good as before but he still has high potential though. Think it was like 4 stars for him, maybe half of one being black shaded.

Cina

Januzaj in 15 had a set PA of 175 or 177/178 I think. He might be back to a -9 or just a lower set pa. Not sure. Doesn't seem as good as before but he still has high potential though. Think it was like 4 stars for him, maybe half of one being black shaded.
I thought he was a -10 in 15? He looked better than 178 to me. Used to constantly rack up 50+ goals and assists as a Trequarista for me.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I thought he was a -10 in 15? He looked better than 178 to me. Used to constantly rack up 50+ goals and assists as a Trequarista for me.
He was -10 in the last update of 14, then a set PA of 175(or so) all through 15.

EDIT: In 15, Januzaj and Mata on the wings made United near unstoppable for the first few years. For some reason, Mata was probably the best player in the game for the CPU, and would consistently rack up Ballon d'Ors.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Januzaj was a best for me in '14 when i played him out of position just behind the striker. he would notch up 20-25 goals a season.

Lastwolf

I've been playing mata on the right and he's scored like twice the number of goals of anyone else on the team with.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Has anyone tried the Create-a-club feature yet?

I'm starting off with Dortmund just to see how things go.
It's almost like cheating, but i'm gonna choose a bunch of wonderkids and play them in my first XI and see how well I do

Ainu

Any impressions from people who played a good deal of it (like more than a season)? Still enjoying an FM14 save but if the match engine is sufficiently improved I'd consider a switch.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Any impressions from people who played a good deal of it (like more than a season)? Still enjoying an FM14 save but if the match engine is sufficiently improved I'd consider a switch.
The match engine is better than 2015 but IMO nowhere near as good as 2014 as it still doesn't allow you to implement different styles of play effectively and IMO is still too heavily geared toward attacking football. That said I'm commenting on the Beta version and I don't start the game as a top 4 side as that would remove any challenge from the game so my experiences may be different from others. I still believe that 2014 is the best match engine they have produced recently.

bosnian_red

I like it. Finished my first season with united in 3rd after only buying Laporte in the January transfer window and struggling to find a set up that really worked. Seems more challenging then the past few where I used basically the same tactics and eventually became dominant after a few months. The AI has better transfers so far as well I've found, so it could make it harder to sustain dominance.

bosnian_red

I've been playing mata on the right and he's scored like twice the number of goals of anyone else on the team with.
He kept getting injured for me, missed over 30% of the season and since I wasn't sure where to play him so he's at his best, I ended up selling him for like £50m and brought in reus and griezmann for like £60m each. Both are beastly so far.

Jonno

Im away in Thailand and I can't seem to get onto steam out here.

Is there a way I can purchase a digital copy direct as a file from a website?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What's the "handheld" version like? My laptop is bolloxed and I may get this for iPad to keep me going at work

ottosec

Im away in Thailand and I can't seem to get onto steam out here.

Is there a way I can purchase a digital copy direct as a file from a website?
I got mine from greenmangaming. There is always a voucher available for at least 20% off, so it should be a good price, much better than the steam price. Around ‎£28 with the voucher.

I've been playing a lot since the launch and the game is really good, definitely worth buying.

Jonno

I got mine from greenmangaming. There is always a voucher available for at least 20% off, so it should be a good price, much better than the steam price. Around ‎£28 with the voucher.

I've been playing a lot since the launch and the game is really good, definitely worth buying.
Cheers mate, so you just paid online and they sent you a link to download the file?

Jonno

Or did it make you download the game through steam?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I started a season as United earlier. My first game was at Anfield and I lost. As a result my morale was f*cked from the get go and the season has been absolute shit. Didn't even qualify for the CL after losing 5 - 1 away to Napoli, load of shite.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I played a season with Madrid and ended up 2nd, 2 points behind Barca. I found that my FM15 tactics file worked. Only for a bit. Keep having to tweak tactics every now and again. I've started a non league save with Nuneaton and hopefully this will be my long term save. Just need a non league tactic. The one I used for the Madrid save is not really suited for non league (played 4 lost 4 so far).

Match engine is better than FM15 but not as good as FM14 and the AI teams are really making some cracking signings. Southampton for example have signed Correa on loan from Ath Madrid as well as Berrardi from Sassuolo.

ottosec

Or did it make you download the game through steam?
They send you a steam key and you download the game from there. You can't play it without steam.

I thought you said you can't get in Steam store, sorry.

Jonno

They send you a steam key and you download the game from there. You can't play it without steam.

I thought you said you can't get in Steam store, sorry.
It was a problem with my hotels wifi, I've downloaded a VPN and now I can access Steam, so I will purchase with the website you suggested, cheers!

ottosec

It was a problem with my hotels wifi, I've downloaded a VPN and now I can access Steam, so I will purchase with the website you suggested, cheers!
No, problem, don't forget to use the 20% voucher, you can find it on their main page.

Any of you managed to make a direct tactic work? Only tactics that work for me consistently are the possession based ones. :boring:

NoLogo

Wow, just wow. I lost the first leg of the semi final against Barca with 3-0 at the Nou Camp but actually was the better team which felt super frustrating. Cue the second leg and this happens.

That Martial winning goal had me cheering like an idiot and running through my room ending it with a Mourinhoesque kneeslide. :lol:

I just love this game for moments like this.

Edit: CL final will be against Juventus. I'm also in the FA Cup final against Chelsea. In the league I'm currently third with City leading by 7 points ahead of me and 5 points ahead of Spurs with 3 games to go.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm just completely shit at this game now, apparently. This might very realistically be the first Football Manager game ever that I'll get the sack in my United game. I've had a few good games, but seems like every half-decent team just runs circles around me, getting shot after shot on goal. At the same time, my offensive players seem completely clueless. I mean, I love it when my United games turn out more challenging than winning the treble right away, but I might be taking it a bit far this time.

I just don't know anymore :lol:

paulscholes18

Sold Rooney last day of the 1st window to Arsenal and 3 days later he's already on the transfer list :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Wow, just wow. I lost the first leg of the semi final against Barca with 3-0 at the Nou Camp but actually was the better team which felt super frustrating. Cue the second leg and this happens.

That Martial winning goal had me cheering like an idiot and running through my room ending it with a Mourinhoesque kneeslide. :lol:

I just love this game for moments like this.

Edit: CL final will be against Juventus. I'm also in the FA Cup final against Chelsea. In the league I'm currently third with City leading by 7 points ahead of me and 5 points ahead of Spurs with 3 games to go.
Rooney missed a pen :lol:

bosnian_red

Won the title in my second season pretty early with everyone way behind, and have the semi's of the CL coming up against PSG. Finally got a formation and tactics that work as I want them though. The possession part is inconsistent (usually get around 55%, sometimes upper 60's and once got 75%), but it gives me a solid defence with a great attack.
4-1-4-1 basically.
Martial (af a)
Griezmann (wp a) Herrera(rpm s) Pjanic (ap a) Reus (wp a)
Schweinsteiger (dlp d)
Shaw (cwb a) Laporte (bpd d) Smalling (bpd d) Darmian (cwb a)
De Gea (sk d)
Memphis, Rooney, Januzaj, schneiderlin, pereira, tielemans, Jose Gimenez, Jones, Rojo, Young, Wilson, ter avest (young full back), Savic (the reserve keeper since I sold everyone else) make up the rest of the first team squad. Will probably sell Schweinsteiger in the summer as he was complaining about being home sick, and Schneiderlin is as good right now, along with having Tielemans and Pereira fighting for spots.

Martial has 31 goals in 40 games so far, Reus with around 20 goals and 20 assists, while the others haven't scored that much. Griezmann and Memphis around 10-15, Rooney around 10, Januzaj at like 8. Pjanic I only bought in the January window but he's been class.

Last edited:

NoLogo

Rooney missed a pen :lol:
Yeah. I was so fuming. Wanted to sub him off already for Martial but than he scored two before taking a knock and dropping below 60%, so I subbed him for Martial who than scored the winner.

I won both cups btw. 1-0 CL final victory vs. Juve thanks to an own goal from Chiellini, was a pretty even game though and could have gone either way. The FA Cup final I won 2-1 with the winning goal also being an own goal by Baba Rahman. Good to know Own Goal is still on my wage bill. :D

NoLogo

Final league table.

If not for my shitty start I might have challenged City for the title.

But I had lost 5 out of the first 10 games or so and City lost their first game I think around the 17th game or so. I also lost way too many games against the top teams, I lost against Arsenal and City twice, against Chelsea and Tottenham I had a loss and a draw and against Liverpool I was even with a win and a loss. But on a positive note I scored the most goals this season and won the CL. :D

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I can't wait for the 13th, my pre order with cdkeys never came with the BETA. Where did you guys get the image packs from this year? is there a torrent knocking about? can someone PM me please.

Jonno

For the second year running I just can't for the life of me get 4-2-3-1 working. It's used so much in real life these days, and not just that, a lot of the AI Premier League winners on the game use it week in week out.

When I use it, we can't keep the ball, whoever I play up top is ineffectual, and we lose quite heavily against inferior teams.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Won the title in my second season pretty early with everyone way behind, and have the semi's of the CL coming up against PSG. Finally got a formation and tactics that work as I want them though. The possession part is inconsistent (usually get around 55%, sometimes upper 60's and once got 75%), but it gives me a solid defence with a great attack.
4-1-4-1 basically.
Martial (af a)
Griezmann (wp a) Herrera(rpm s) Pjanic (ap a) Reus (wp a)
Schweinsteiger (dlp d)
Shaw (cwb a) Laporte (bpd d) Smalling (bpd d) Darmian (cwb a)
De Gea (sk d)
Memphis, Rooney, Januzaj, schneiderlin, pereira, tielemans, Jose Gimenez, Jones, Rojo, Young, Wilson, ter avest (young full back), Savic (the reserve keeper since I sold everyone else) make up the rest of the first team squad. Will probably sell Schweinsteiger in the summer as he was complaining about being home sick, and Schneiderlin is as good right now, along with having Tielemans and Pereira fighting for spots.

Martial has 31 goals in 40 games so far, Reus with around 20 goals and 20 assists, while the others haven't scored that much. Griezmann and Memphis around 10-15, Rooney around 10, Januzaj at like 8. Pjanic I only bought in the January window but he's been class.
When did you buy Griezmann? How much did he cost you?

Nice looking team.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Well one season in and smashed it
Quadruple witha goal difference of over 100 in the league... I dont know if it's just too easy (is beta less involved as I pretty much stuck with the same tactics throughout) Or if I was just lucky?
But this was the team...
Basically sold a lot of players (Rooney, Fellaini, romero, rojo, blind Young, valencia and got a big offer and managed to talk them up even more for Herrera so took it)
Then brought players who mostly added goals to the squad then all out attack
----------------------de gea-----------------
-------------Smalling------stones--shaw
Darmain---------------Schneiderlin-----
-------------Schweinsteiger ---------------
--------Mata------------------------------depay
-------------------kane-------lukaku-----------
Valdes, Jones, chambers, Carrick, Tielmans, beradri, martial
Johnson, mcnair, Murru, ajer, periera, fisher, wilson
With janauzj to come back from loan as well Plus plenty of good kids scouted

bosnian_red

When did you buy Griezmann? How much did he cost you?

Nice looking team.
Bought him and griezmann at the end of the first season. Griezmann was around 60m, like half of it paid in installments, and reus was around 67m, with a bit of that in installments and a bit in goals/appearances and all that. Griezmann has a release clause of £77m or something like that and they wouldn't negotiate that down for a while. Was hard to get both of them to join as well.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I tried to start games with Hoffenheim and Borussia Monglenbach and the same issues are happening. Even if I use the retain possession instruction my midfield gives the ball away like candy. If I use the control strategy we create no chances and concede. If I use attack we create a few chances but concede a boatload. If I use counter we do not touch the ball and still concede.