Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This guy is disgusting for a 17 year old. Had a leak agreed to sign him but he signed a new deal instead. Gutted. Luckily the release clause only got bumped up by 5 Million so now I wait!

Looks like a Roberto Carlos regen, just needs better free kicks!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Us mere mortals doing our best to keep one team on track while Berbaclass improves the whole of Poland

Nickosaur

Okay - so i've started a save in Chile's second division, with Santiago Wanderers. Despite the name they are actually located in the city of Valpariaso, a port city on the coast, west of the capital Santiago. I went there a couple of years ago and it's a really cool place.

Predicted to come 3rd, i have no idea what the league rules are but i'll aim to get them promoted. Got feck all money and I can barely afford to get an extra scout in, let alone a head of youth development :lol: This is going to be such a wake up call, rarely start at clubs with as little money as this.

Took a look at the squad and have set up the best suited formations - got strong wingers so going to try a 'wing play' tactic. Never really tried that one before, usually it's gegenpress, tiki taka or control possesion, so will see how we get on.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Us mere mortals doing our best to keep one team on track while Berbaclass improves the whole of Poland
It’s almost funny now I’m so dominant I’m buying wonderkids with the intent of loaning them to Legia/Poznan to improve them in Europe :lol:

Currently 130+ unbeaten in the league. Built a new stadium and maxed out our facilities.

Still not got a CL win but I’m hoping it will be in the next few years. Apart from that my goal is to become the most successful club in Poland. 14 titles it the most anyone has won so I have 8 to go after my 7 in a row.

Maluco

Okay - so i've started a save in Chile's second division, with Santiago Wanderers. Despite the name they are actually located in the city of Valpariaso, a port city on the coast, west of the capital Santiago. I went there a couple of years ago and it's a really cool place.

Predicted to come 3rd, i have no idea what the league rules are but i'll aim to get them promoted. Got feck all money and I can barely afford to get an extra scout in, let alone a head of youth development :lol: This is going to be such a wake up call, rarely start at clubs with as little money as this.

Took a look at the squad and have set up the best suited formations - got strong wingers so going to try a 'wing play' tactic. Never really tried that one before, usually it's gegenpress, tiki taka or control possesion, so will see how we get on.
I have tried wing play a few times and never got any consistency so I will be interested to see how you get on!

There are so cracking players released by PL teams at the end of each season, and I would be looking in to getting some American youngsters in while they are 17 and free!

It’s almost funny now I’m so dominant I’m buying wonderkids with the intent of loaning them to Legia/Poznan to improve them in Europe :lol:

Currently 130+ unbeaten in the league. Built a new stadium and maxed out our facilities.

Still not got a CL win but I’m hoping it will be in the next few years. Apart from that my goal is to become the most successful club in Poland. 14 titles it the most anyone has won so I have 8 to go after my 7 in a row.
A lot of people get tired of saves when they just win, but I never would, especially if you have put time and effort in to get the save to that stage. Have to enjoy the success you’ve created as long as possible :)

Berbaclass

A lot of people get tired of saves when they just win, but I never would, especially if you have put time and effort in to get the save to that stage. Have to enjoy the success you’ve created as long as possible :)
Yeah I don't understand that either. It's the best thing dominating with a team that you've built. I guess the nice thing is with a club like mine in Poland my players are susceptible to having their head turned until we make the league the best there is.

This save has the potential to be one of my favourite ever. I think my longes save (Bayer Leverkusen in FM11) went until 2053. I think I might get past that on this one.

Nickosaur

Christ I've never had to manage a budget as carefully as I'm doing now. Probably should have expected that for a team in the Chilean second division! Budget is so tight that instead of send out my 1 club scout to search for me, I've invited about 50 free agents to trial at the club. Most were awful, but there were a couple that could definietly do a job for the first team. Problem is, the better ones were asking for £500 a week... I could only afford around £250 a week :lol:

So I crammed in a few last minute lucrative friendlies to end pre-season and managed to raise some funds, adjusted the wage budget and now I can afford to pay players up to £600 a week. Grabbed in some of the better trialists and the squad is in a much better place now.

I have tried wing play a few times and never got any consistency so I will be interested to see how you get on!
I gave up on wing play after 4 games it yielded 1 wins, 2 draws and a loss. My wingers and full backs were getting 6.1 - 6.4 each games. Clearly something in the tactic wasn't working, but I couldn't be bothered to analyse properly and see where we were going wrong. So I've moved back to what I know best - a positive tiki taka. Instantly saw better results - 3 wins in a row and I'm up to third in the league.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Turns out South Africa is pretty dominant in the ACL, winning 6 of the last 7.
Ended up with Sundowns who were sort of mid-table but with quite a lot of cash. Splashed out last year, altered my PSG tactic (haven't really been taking a tactic from team to team) and smashed everything in sight last year.
Signed a player named Sunday Sunday, who does appear to be so good they named him twice. Guy currently has 35 goals from 38 games from left midfield. Walked pretty much every award he could last year.

Maluco

First week in January of season 3. Slough Town are top of the National League by 13 points. Two strikers with 14 pace doing the business.

Got the dream of a Prem team at home in the FA Cup. Bournemouth came and smashed us 3-0, we then lost our next league game 1-0 and promptly went out of the FA Trophy too. Very disappointing.

However, with 400k in the bank, a 10 point lead in the title race and a young squad with good cover, a disappointing 3 loss week is the last one we will spend in Slough.

Coventry City (massive by comparison) have offered me an interview and, despite having shortcomings about my failures to keep harmony in the dressing room at Slough, have offered me the job.

Second week of January, 12th in League One, 8 points off the playoffs, I have told them in my interview that I think I can take them into them this season.

No transfer budget and wage bill is at maximum. Squad is a bit of a mess and don’t know where how we will be able to build it up again. Players are worth nothing. We will have to sell a few top earners and hope I can get in loans and start to win quickly!

sebsheep

First week in January of season 3. Slough Town are top of the National League by 13 points. Two strikers with 14 pace doing the business.

Got the dream of a Prem team at home in the FA Cup. Bournemouth came and smashed us 3-0, we then lost our next league game 1-0 and promptly went out of the FA Trophy too. Very disappointing.

However, with 400k in the bank, a 10 point lead in the title race and a young squad with good cover, a disappointing 3 loss week is the last one we will spend in Slough.

Coventry City (massive by comparison) have offered me an interview and, despite having shortcomings about my failures to keep harmony in the dressing room at Slough, have offered me the job.

Second week of January, 12th in League One, 8 points off the playoffs, I have told them in my interview that I think I can take them into them this season.

No transfer budget and wage bill is at maximum. Squad is a bit of a mess and don’t know where how we will be able to build it up again. Players are worth nothing. We will have to sell a few top earners and hope I can get in loans and start to win quickly!
Getting questions about squad harmony and issues with the press every job interview is the most annoying thing. I don't even remember ever having a issue with the press and the player stuff is just normal wants to play more/leave stuff.

Maluco

Getting questions about squad harmony and issues with the press every job interview is the most annoying thing. I don't even remember ever having a issue with the press and the player stuff is just normal wants to play more/leave stuff.
I think it is based on players complaining about game time, but that happens at every club and is hardly losing the dressing room.

Got criticized for finances too despite trying to use pay for play contracts and getting a few cup runs that generated cash.

400k in the bank of a non league club compared to the 30k when I came and I am rated terrible at finances and get asked why I couldn’t control them at Slough.

Coventry must be in a bad way to take on a financial liability who can’t control the dressing room!

diarm

Just saw this on reddit:

Would be an automatic broken laptop for me.

NoLogo

Well second season was actually great. Won the league with 103 points, pretty awesome season, won the FA Cup and the CC so everything fine and dandy. Well Season feels still like shit and I'm on the verge of resigning because I lost the fecking CL final against Liverpool. Which is btw the first time ever I lost against Liverpool, which of course happens in the CL final, ooooofffff course SI. :mad:

Ah crap this way I at least have a trophy I can still aim to win.

NoLogo

Absolutely no chance. 2D classic only
I'm with you mate. 3D just looks so shit, I can't bring myself to use it. I get that this game is supposed to run on pretty much the lowest end PCs/Laptops and all that but for a company that earns this much in game sales it's a bit of a joke how bad their 3D game is, from the generated player faces to the game graphics, it looks like a football game from early 2000s.

sebsheep

Absolutely no chance. 2D classic only
I haven't used 2D since they introduced 3D. I like seeing actual players running about. With the correct camera angle you don't miss out on the tactical side of it either.

Berbaclass

I haven't used 2D since they introduced 3D. I like seeing actual players running about. With the correct camera angle you don't miss out on the tactical side of it either.
The animations aren't good enough yet. 2D is easily better still.

sebsheep

The animations aren't good enough yet. 2D is easily better still.
They could definitely do with a proper upgrade but the quality of the graphics doesn't really bother me with games like FM. I'm used to poor graphics, I grew up playing things like

Berbaclass

They could definitely do with a proper upgrade but the quality of the graphics doesn't really bother me with games like FM. I'm used to poor graphics, I grew up playing things like
It's not the graphics it's the fact that what's actually happening doesn't really translate into what you're seeing due to the limitations of the animations.

sebsheep

It's not the graphics it's the fact that what's actually happening doesn't really translate into what you're seeing due to the limitations of the animations.
In what way? There are a couple of small things like the fouls for penalties which can be weird, some of the dribbling (what football game doesn't have issues with that though?) and the odd goalkeeper flopping over. Nothing major though.

Berbaclass

In what way? There are a couple of small things like the fouls for penalties which can be weird, some of the dribbling (what football game doesn't have issues with that though?) and the odd goalkeeper flopping over. Nothing major though.
There's a lot of weird stuff that happens.

NoLogo

Liverpool are nuts in my save game. At the start of the second season they signed Dybala for €102M from Juve and now they signed Martinez from Inter for €115M at the start of the thrid season. Meanwhile I sit on €369M transfer kitty and all I want to do is ship out players that take away too much playing time from my youngsters. :houllier: :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I caved and bought this for the first time for 4 or 5 years ice I'm gonna be home for the forseeable.

Where's the best place for logo/kits/face megapacks and general database updates (for proper league/cup names and whatnot)? I checked a couple of my usual places and a lot of have been taken down. Are the leagues/clubs getting heavy handed with the graphics now?

Lay

Mexico reached the World Cup final by beating Scotland, Australia and Morocco in the knockouts. Croatia the other finalists had to face Netherlands, Brazil and Argentina to reach the final. Definitely a lopsided draw :lol:

Croatia won in the final.

Dan_F

Mexico reached the World Cup final by beating Scotland, Australia and Morocco in the knockouts. Croatia the other finalists had to face Netherlands, Brazil and Argentina to reach the final. Definitely a lopsided draw :lol:

Croatia won in the final.
Scotland got to a semi or final in one of my saves too.

Currently top of League One with Bath City. As long as my form doesn’t dip I’d have taken them from Vanarma South to the Championship in five seasons. Starting to struggle to find players to improve my team that don’t cost an absolute fortune in wages though. For example, Derby are second in League One, with players on £20k a week. My top earner is on £2800.

I’ve had a few cup games with Championship teams and drawn or won, so I should be able to add some quality and at least stay up next season. No idea what we would do if I got near the Prem, as the ground is 5k with only 2k seated.

Ludens the Red

I caved and bought this for the first time for 4 or 5 years ice I'm gonna be home for the forseeable.

Where's the best place for logo/kits/face megapacks and general database updates (for proper league/cup names and whatnot)? I checked a couple of my usual places and a lot of have been taken down. Are the leagues/clubs getting heavy handed with the graphics now?
Sortitoutsi.net best place..

And:lol: at using the 2D pitch. Is this 2006?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Check community si forum, they have links there for all sort of graphics.

NoLogo

Feck me, I simply can't keep Rashford fit. He plays at best 2-3 games for me before picking up another injury despite me always easing him back in with two 30 minute games followed bey two 60 minute games, but he never even survives that period, not even general rehab training seems to help. He already missed like 48% of last season and now in pre-season he gets directly injured again. fml.

paulscholes18

In march 3rd season with (Dirty) Leeds, won the championship, came 6th last season (with the lowest wage bill in the premiership) currently 5th with 9 games to go

Current XI
Casilla
Calabria Holding Clarke-Slater Taylor
Harrison Phillips Bellingham Elliott*
Nmecha Bamford

*on loan from Liverpool, unfortunately I will have next to no chance of signing him on a permanent deal

Man Utd are 4 points clear could be about to win the league for the first time under Ole, I’m a long way from challenging them with their front 6 being

Fernandes Pogba
Chiesa Aouar Rashford
Haaland

Maluco

Feck me, I simply can't keep Rashford fit. He plays at best 2-3 games for me before picking up another injury despite me always easing him back in with two 30 minute games followed bey two 60 minute games, but he never even survives that period, not even general rehab training seems to help. He already missed like 48% of last season and now in pre-season he gets directly injured again. fml.
I think I remember seeing on a video that players can become injury prone on different saves as just a matter of consequence. It can be quite random, but that trait can appear and then it can be tough to shake. That just might be the path Rashford has taken on the save unfortunately.

In march 3rd season with (Dirty) Leeds, won the championship, came 6th last season (with the lowest wage bill in the premiership) currently 5th with 9 games to go

Current XI
Casilla
Calabria Holding Clarke-Slater Taylor
Harrison Phillips Bellingham Elliott*
Nmecha Bamford

*on loan from Liverpool, unfortunately I will have next to no chance of signing him on a permanent deal

Man Utd are 4 points clear could be about to win the league for the first time under Ole, I’m a long way from challenging them with their front 6 being

Fernandes Pogba
Chiesa Aouar Rashford
Haaland
I wish I had the restraint to play saves like this and have sensible sides which keep the finances in super condition. I am always way too tempted to accelerate change and go crazy in the summer. Is Bamford doing it in the Prem?

Bellingham is one of my favorite players on the game too. That’s a nice side.

paulscholes18

I think I remember seeing on a video that players can become injury prone on different saves as just a matter of consequence. It can be quite random, but that trait can appear and then it can be tough to shake. That just might be the path Rashford has taken on the save unfortunately.

I wish I had the restraint to play saves like this and have sensible sides which keep the finances in super condition. I am always way too tempted to accelerate change and go crazy in the summer. Is Bamford doing it in the Prem?

Bellingham is one of my favorite players on the game too. That’s a nice side.
Yes, Bamford has surprised me a lot, as he only scored 12 in 42 in the championship but finished 2nd top scorer with 19 just finished the season, put all my eggs in the Europa league as I won my group (don’t know if it’s a bug or it’s something that’s going to happen but it meant that I went to the 2nd knockout phase so that saved 2 extra games)

Beat schalke won 3-0 away

QF vs Arsenal L2-1 away before taking them to the cleaners 5-2 at home

SF Vs Jose Mourinho’s Roma beat them home and away

Final Vs Monaco originally I won 3-1 but my game wouldn’t load back up for some reason so had to play the final again and thankfully won 7-6 on penalties.

Couldn’t get Elliott from Liverpool as they wanted over 100m for him, but Barcelona had Leroy Sane on the transfer list for 23.5, not a bad replacement. Sane wanted to sign so badly he took a 80k a week pay cut

Also signed Abdulkadir Omur from PSG for 16m he will takeover from Harrison on the right,