Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They are so fecking annoying! I beat them in the FA Cup final as well, but they knocked me out of the League Cup with two Mane goals in injury time.

They dropped off in the league a bit though, where as Chelsea seem to be smashing it on my save. They won the league the year before me, and they are making really high profile signings such as Havertz and De Jong.
Oh definitely. When I did a season with United to test the game out, finished runners up in the league and FA Cup final to them. They might've even won the CL that season, not 100% sure on that though.

sebsheep

Oh I forgot, Henning Berg is now managing in the same league.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Have you tried individually going through each player telling them they've been disappoint recently? I got so annoyed with my team last season that I actually did that.
Think I'm just going to go with these alternative downloaded tactics and see if it saves my job. Might come back to attempting to win with horrible football in my next job if I get the sack, or if this job becomes safe.

First try of the new tactics and I won 2-0. It's the cup, but it was against the team 5th in my division and the performance was the best of the season by far.. 22 attempts, 9 on target, 2 clear cut chances. Restricted them to 4, 2 and 0.

Huge contrast in style of play:

Sorry for massive pics, I'm on the tv at the moment and everything is blown up so I can see it better. I shouldn't have the playeers for this second tactic but that was my best performance by miles. I should just face it, that I didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Next attempt at playing horrible, if it happens will be with catenaccio as a template.

sebsheep

Think I'm just going to go with these alternative downloaded tactics and see if it saves my job. Might come back to attempting to win with horrible football in my next job if I get the sack, or if this job becomes safe.
Sometimes you have to do what you can to survive. You might just need to wait until you can really get the types of players you need have real success with your system.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Sometimes you have to do what you can to survive. You might just need to wait until you can really get the types of players you need have real success with your system.
Yeah, and I might not even survive!

W1, D1, L1 in the league since then in that order. Was the better side in all 3 so it was encouraging. Now I just had to agree to getting 11 points in the next 5 matches or I'm out.

NoLogo

So I finished the 5th season which was going great until the 85th minute of the CL final. Until then, I had won every trophy, won the league with a 36-2-0 record, with Mbappé (33), Greenwood (31) and Haaland (28) being the three league top scorers going absolute ham in most games, Greenwood once destroyed scored 4 goals against City in our 8-0 of them at Old Trafford, everything was pretty awesome and then came the CL final against Dortmund.

The first half we were the better team but the score board showed 1 goal each for us and Dortmund. Dortmund had grabbed the lead through one of those pesky indirect free kicks but Bernardo Silva scored a great goal, after cutting in from the right and cruising past 3 opposition players, in the 39th minute. In the 55th minute he scored another fairly similar goal and when the subbed in Diogo Jota scored the 3-1 in the 84th minute I was in high hopes we would win the final. A short shock in the 88th minute when the subbed in Junior Traoré shortened the lead to one goal again was counter by Erling Haaland in the 90+1 giving us a 2 goal lead again made me quite confident we had the game won but apparently my team must have thought the same, as Junior Traoré scored his second goal in the 90+2 and 4 minutes later Adeyemi, who had already scored from that indirect free kick in the 15th minutes scored again sending the game into extra time in the very last seconds of the game. I tried some tactical tweaks but to no avail and in the 100th minute Adeyemi scored his third goal which we had no response to anymore, despite two further good chances by Mbappé and Haaland but both couldn't burry their 1 on 1 chances in the second half of extra time and after 120 minutes we were left stunned how we managed squander an 88th minute 4-2 lead.

I might have kicked a shoe or two at my players after the game and spend a lot of time screaming at them but in the end I'm probably just as much to blame as they are. I decided to play de Gea even though he had a small injury and decided not play Dias because he had only just recently returned from. I'm not sure if the goal had gone differently if I had decided to play my fully fit backup keeper and Dias who is an absolute leader on the pitch might have held us a bit better together after the 4-2, but hell at least that gives me enough motivation to challenge again next season and make us forget about this horrible final. :mad:

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Ouch. Sacked in my first job just before Christmas with Altrincham. Form was definitely turning around but too late to save my bacon. 2 defeats in 13 in all comps and one of those was against Southend who were 2 divisions higher than me. Beat Dover who are 1 division higher.

Mid February and I've just got the Southport gig in the same league.

sebsheep

So I finished the 5th season which was going great until the 85th minute of the CL final. Until then, I had won every trophy, won the league with a 36-2-0 record, with Mbappé (33), Greenwood (31) and Haaland (28) being the three league top scorers going absolute ham in most games, Greenwood once destroyed scored 4 goals against City in our 8-0 of them at Old Trafford, everything was pretty awesome and then came the CL final against Dortmund.

The first half we were the better team but the score board showed 1 goal each for us and Dortmund. Dortmund had grabbed the lead through one of those pesky indirect free kicks but Bernardo Silva scored a great goal, after cutting in from the right and cruising past 3 opposition players, in the 39th minute. In the 55th minute he scored another fairly similar goal and when the subbed in Diogo Jota scored the 3-1 in the 84th minute I was in high hopes we would win the final. A short shock in the 88th minute when the subbed in Junior Traoré shortened the lead to one goal again was counter by Erling Haaland in the 90+1 giving us a 2 goal lead again made me quite confident we had the game won but apparently my team must have thought the same, as Junior Traoré scored his second goal in the 90+2 and 4 minutes later Adeyemi, who had already scored from that indirect free kick in the 15th minutes scored again sending the game into extra time in the very last seconds of the game. I tried some tactical tweaks but to no avail and in the 100th minute Adeyemi scored his third goal which we had no response to anymore, despite two further good chances by Mbappé and Haaland but both couldn't burry their 1 on 1 chances in the second half of extra time and after 120 minutes we were left stunned how we managed squander an 88th minute 4-2 lead.

I might have kicked a shoe or two at my players after the game and spend a lot of time screaming at them but in the end I'm probably just as much to blame as they are. I decided to play de Gea even though he had a small injury and decided not play Dias because he had only just recently returned from. I'm not sure if the goal had gone differently if I had decided to play my fully fit backup keeper and Dias who is an absolute leader on the pitch might have held us a bit better together after the 4-2, but hell at least that gives me enough motivation to challenge again next season and make us forget about this horrible final. :mad:
Ouch, that's pretty rough. Did you switch to defensive or just stay the same? Although I've lost count of the amount of times I've switched to defensive immediately after scoring and it's meant zilch.

sebsheep

Ouch. Sacked in my first job just before Christmas with Altrincham. Form was definitely turning around but too late to save my bacon. 2 defeats in 13 in all comps and one of those was against Southend who were 2 divisions higher than me. Beat Dover who are 1 division higher.

Mid February and I've just got the Southport gig in the same league.
Perfect, now you can show them what they're missing.

Or get sacked again and retire.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Did you get Bernardo Silva straight from City? Or did he go somewhere in between? I don’t think him going from City to United would be very realistic.

Just picked this up for £25, could probably have got it cheaper but any time I’ve looked in the past it’s been £35-40 so just thought feck it. Haven’t played FM since 2015 so I’m probs gonna have to download a tactic to start with, or risk getting the sack by Christmas haha. How much do United get to spend in the first season? And is it still impossible to shift certain players? I remember finding it impossible to get rid of Young, Jones, Valencia etc in the past even offering them out for free.

NoLogo

Ouch, that's pretty rough. Did you switch to defensive or just stay the same? Although I've lost count of the amount of times I've switched to defensive immediately after scoring and it's meant zilch.
Unfortunately not. Like I said I was too certain after the 4-2 in the 90+1 minute that we would win the game that I didn't bother doing anything anymore. My team probably hasn't blown a lead in over 100 games I would guess so the possibility that this could happen so late in the game didn't even enter my mind. But yeah after the 3-2 I should have probably gone defensive and up the time-wasting. But I also think the main mistake was playing an injured de Gea, my backup goalkeeper is pretty good, so we probably would have been fine.

Did you get Bernardo Silva straight from City? Or did he go somewhere in between? I don’t think him going from City to United would be very realistic.

Just picked this up for £25, could probably have got it cheaper but any time I’ve looked in the past it’s been £35-40 so just thought feck it. Haven’t played FM since 2015 so I’m probs gonna have to download a tactic to start with, or risk getting the sack by Christmas haha. How much do United get to spend in the first season? And is it still impossible to shift certain players? I remember finding it impossible to get rid of Young, Jones, Valencia etc in the past even offering them out for free.
I bought Bernardo from Real Madrid. They bought him for €196M in 2021 and I bought him from them for €242M in 2022. I had just won the CL for the first time and the 400k pw wages probably helped as well to convince him to join us.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Didn't too good from when I took over Southport until the end of the season, getting 12 points from 10 matches. Job was never in danger mind, and it was a case of steadying the ship until next (this upcoming season).

Now I'm launching full on Genie Scout/downloaded tactics mode to see what happens. Allowed 8 long term loans per season so made 8 the day transfer window opened, retained a few players and am just flushing out my squad now. Going with two variants of 4-4-2 with the same player roles, just a few minor differences in instructions here and there and am signing players to fit the tactics.

What I like about those over above some of the other many downloaded tactics out there is that it uses different roles for the CMs and strikers. It's a bit more fun trying to build a squad when you're specifically looking for a couple of target men and a couple of poachers instead of if a formation had two target men or two PFs in which case I'd try to sign 4 strikers who are all good at the same thing.

Expectations are low, they just want to a top half finish. Looking at this, if these tactics are at all effective I should be able to do that easily. Best starting XI in the league, highest wage budget, one of 2 full-time teams, one of the bigger stadiums. Should really be getting promoted or at least coming close.

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

First season with United - closest title race I've ever had.

:(

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Didn't too good from when I took over Southport until the end of the season, getting 12 points from 10 matches. Job was never in danger mind, and it was a case of steadying the ship until next (this upcoming season).

Now I'm launching full on Genie Scout/downloaded tactics mode to see what happens. Allowed 8 long term loans per season so made 8 the day transfer window opened, retained a few players and am just flushing out my squad now. Going with two variants of 4-4-2 with the same player roles, just a few minor differences in instructions here and there and am signing players to fit the tactics.

What I like about those over above some of the other many downloaded tactics out there is that it uses different roles for the CMs and strikers. It's a bit more fun trying to build a squad when you're specifically looking for a couple of target men and a couple of poachers instead of if a formation had two target men or two PFs in which case I'd try to sign 4 strikers who are all good at the same thing.

Expectations are low, they just want to a top half finish. Looking at this, if these tactics are at all effective I should be able to do that easily. Best starting XI in the league, highest wage budget, one of 2 full-time teams, one of the bigger stadiums. Should really be getting promoted or at least coming close.
I think this will go well now. At that level, speed goes a long way. Fast attackers and wingers and going attacking home and away and you should hopefully get a good run together!

Maluco

Meanwhile, I got promoted first season at Excelsior, which was to be expected. I had sold off my three 30+ stars and used the cash to bring in a new spine, Armini, Kenneh, Pelayo and Rovaglia. Some old friends.

As soon as the season finished, I culled everyone else and made the legend, Armini, new captain. Gravillon joins permanently as well for 500k and Matt Killon as well as a decent young full back from Chievo and a few half decent young players arrive from Italy in free transfers. No youth system to speak of at Excelsior.

I spent the incoming money from the player sales (only about 1 million) on loans. Incredibly, we will go into the season with Moises Kean and Rhian Brewster up front. Squad is patchy in places and struggling to find a half decent GK for 500k but we should compete with those forwards.

The board have finally agreed to upgrade the training facilities and have started plans to add 2k to our 5k stadium.

Im concerned how we will ever have money to build a proper squad, but I guess it’s a gradual process. Killon, Gravillon, Armini, Novarro, Kenneh, Pelayo, Wolf and Rovaglia are all ours, but the best players are all loanees for now.

Woodzy

I keep doing this thing were if I seeing a regen wanted by a top club, i'll instantly sign him just so the other club can't get him. They usually turn out to be trash as well :lol:

Dan_F

I keep doing this thing were if I seeing a regen wanted by a top club, i'll instantly sign him just so the other club can't get him. They usually turn out to be trash as well :lol:
It’s a solid plan. When I was managing in a smaller league in Europe, I’d always end up with stupid amounts of money from the Champions League. Just raided all the rival clubs youth teams and starved them of players and future transfer fees.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Any tips on how to sell players? I just can’t shift Jones even for free. Mata, Lingard, Pereira & Matic getting offers way below their valuation, like literally £5-10m.

Got the board to sign me Sancho for £90m, so the front line is sorted, but have no money now and still need a DM (Matic is awful on the game) Thought I could build up sone cash for Ndidi by selling some players but can’t seem to shift anyone. Palace offered me £6m for Matic & Newcastle offered me £7m for Lingard. It’s a joke.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think this will go well now. At that level, speed goes a long way. Fast attackers and wingers and going attacking home and away and you should hopefully get a good run together!
Looking good! Already at the point where you can tell it will go well.

Not played since FM 2015, and was still playing that last year, but assuming things are the same as in the past usually when you get in this kind of groove there's very little that stops you. Especially true if you're doing it early season when you've just had a huge turnaorund of players and your team is still lacking cohesion/familiarity.

Only slight worry going in was central defenders. Hard to find good BPDs for the 6th tier but I think we'll be alright considering the goals going in the other way.

Dan_F

Any tips on how to sell players? I just can’t shift Jones even for free. Mata, Lingard, Pereira & Matic getting offers way below their valuation, like literally £5-10m.

Got the board to sign me Sancho for £90m, so the front line is sorted, but have no money now and still need a DM (Matic is awful on the game) Thought I could build up sone cash for Ndidi by selling some players but can’t seem to shift anyone. Palace offered me £6m for Matic & Newcastle offered me £7m for Lingard. It’s a joke.
Try and avoid transfer listing them. You usually end up with a club offering decent money if you hold your nerve. Especially if you’re using them as a sub and they play well. I got a good 6 months out of Lingard as back up winger, playing him against shit team and sold him for a fair bit.

sebsheep

Never heard of Genie Scout, what does it do?

sebsheep

Not played since FM 2015, and was still playing that last year, but assuming things are the same as in the past usually when you get in this kind of groove there's very little that stops you. Especially true if you're doing it early season when you've just had a huge turnaorund of players and your team is still lacking cohesion/familiarity.

Only slight worry going in was central defenders. Hard to find good BPDs for the 6th tier but I think we'll be alright considering the goals going in the other way.
Until your season just randomly falls apart. I always feel defeat away that.
The 6th tier might be a bit low for even bothering trying to use a BPD tbh.

Maluco

Is that the Italian striker?
Yeah, you can pick him up for a snip as a second or third division team for a million in installments. Even at 18, he is a cut above the lower levels. Ended the season on 26 goals and 2nd place in the standings got 13.

Even as a more established team, he is worth picking up early because you will profit if you can spare him some minutes.

Stevondo8

I signed him in January. Cost me 7mil and 500k in wages but he hit the ground running - 4 goals and 4 assists in his first 4 games until filthy Spurs butchered him and he's out for 3 months.
He’s not having a great season for me, just reached the Qatar World Cup and he’s only on 5 goals for the season so far. Then again none of my attackers are up to much this season, Haaland, Rashford, Greenwood all only on or around 10 for the season. By this time last season those 3 were much closer to 29. Defence has improved though.
Ronaldo doing a good job as a mentor though I think, have offered a new 1 year contract at half his current wages (approx 300k pw now) so he can keep mentoring likes of Mejbri and Bellingham.

Woodzy

Second season in a row i've completely fallen apart in January. I somehow managed the treble the last time it happened, but now have Arsenal 4 points above me in the league (8 games to go), trail Dortumund 1 - 0 on aggregate in Champion's League, and surprise surprise, have a game against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Does fatigue have a huge impact or something in this? I'm barely managing to beat teams by 1 goal when I actually do win. Was winning by 3, 4 and 5 in first half of the season.

Edit: Scraped past Dortmund!

sebsheep

Bit of a let down after doing the double last season, but considering we're still 5th on wage budget and made a lot more than we spent from transfers we've done pretty well.

This season has just massively improved our finances, the club agreed to increase the youth recruitment and then just randomly decided to increase the ground capacity by another 3-4k.

Don't think I need to say too much more about this chap. Hoping he's going to tear it up in the Greek League and help us to do a bit better in the Champions League this year. He's top earner by a mile but you can't turn down the chance to get a player like this. James Garner was out of contract as well, but he wanted about 70k a week.

Maluco

Second season in a row i've completely fallen apart in January. I somehow managed the treble the last time it happened, but now have Arsenal 4 points above me in the league (8 games to go), trail Dortumund 1 - 0 on aggregate in Champion's League, and surprise surprise, have a game against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

Does fatigue have a huge impact or something in this? I'm barely managing to beat teams by 1 goal when I actually do win. Was winning by 3, 4 and 5 in first half of the season.

Edit: Scraped past Dortmund!
Same happened to me, was conceding so many goals. I think, at times, it’s written into the code to make things more interesting.

There was no rhyme or reason to mine, but needed a few scrappy wins in February to get morale back. I made sure I was complimenting those who were training well to try and keep them happy.

Maluco

Bit of a let down after doing the double last season, but considering we're still 5th on wage budget and made a lot more than we spent from transfers we've done pretty well.

This season has just massively improved our finances, the club agreed to increase the youth recruitment and then just randomly decided to increase the ground capacity by another 3-4k.

Don't think I need to say too much more about this chap. Hoping he's going to tear it up in the Greek League and help us to do a bit better in the Champions League this year. He's top earner by a mile but you can't turn down the chance to get a player like this. James Garner was out of contract as well, but he wanted about 70k a week.
That’s a quality signing! And a good season too. The money will be so important.

I saw the youtuber Lollujo, is doing a save with Apollon now on his channel, but I lost a bit of interest when I saw he had edited the youth set up to be the best in the world.

That sort of limits the challenge of the save and takes away from the achievement. It’s all about building the club and squad at this level and then you can really celebrate a signing like Mejbri, because it’s massive for the club.

sebsheep

That’s a quality signing! And a good season too. The money will be so important.

I saw the youtuber Lollujo, is doing a save with Apollon now on his channel, but I lost a bit of interest when I saw he had edited the youth set up to be the best in the world.

That sort of limits the challenge of the save and takes away from the achievement. It’s all about building the club and squad at this level and then you can really celebrate a signing like Mejbri, because it’s massive for the club.
Was surprised to see him show up and figured I couldn't miss out. Had to switch my system fromm 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 with an AM to turn our season around, we were sitting in 5th after nearly half the season gone. Even then a lot of the wins towards the end of the season were quite lucky.

Obviously it's his save so he can do what he likes but from a personal view point I was pretty disappointed that he messed with the the youth set up as well, that and he's been using the gengen-press tactic for about 7-8 seasons in his non-league to legend series so thought he might spice it up. He ran into the same issue with Larrea that I had as well. :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Never heard of Genie Scout, what does it do?
It's a scouting tool you can download at FM Scout and shows you things that normally the game wouldn't show you about players.

For example, it gives every player in the game a rating out of 200 for current ability (CA) and their potential ability (PA) that they can reach if they had good training routines/get enough playing time to develop etc. A lot of people load it up to find all the best youth prospects in the game then try and sign them. I think these numbers are actually in the game's database rather than FM Scout making a calculation and it shows you them.

I don't really use that CA/PA thing, instead I prefer to look at role ratings that Genie Scout reveals which is similar. It's a percentage out of 100% showing how good a player is in a specific position and role and I use that to sign players to fit my tactics. Again you can also see potential, knowing which players will improve a lot and which players won't improve much at all. Looks like this:

So there you can see if you wanted to play Rashford up front he's at his absolute best as an AF, or that if you wanted to specifcally sign a target man he wouldn't be great pick for an elite team. You can weigh up that sort of thing yourself as the game shows you what the key attributes are for specific roles but here it is in numbers. Clicking on the AMR circle would show how good he is at the various roles in that position and so on.

The attributes screen looks like this, and again it shows you how much a player's actual attributes can improve if you were to click the show potential box:

Now on this screen we can also see hidden attributes and mental traits. I personally avoid signing any injury prone, low consistency, highly dirty or low imp matches players. Versatility just means how players adapt to playing new positions they can't already play. Rashford can play loads already so in his case it means CM, DM, defence and goalie and you wouldn't to try him there anyway. As a general rule I never try to play players outside of where they're natural/accomplished except for in emergencies so versatility doesn't mean much to me. Adapdability can be something to consider if signing a foreign player as a low number means he's more likely to become homesick.

You can also see reputation on this screen which can give you an idea of whether or not a player might be interested in signing for you. You can find your own club's reputation and seek players of a similar rep or slightly above.

I'd say it's useful for when you don't have much of scouting network as you can find players and learn a lot about them when their outside of your scouting area. Even if you have the best scouting network in the game the hidden things it can show you are valuable as it might prevent you from splashing a ton of money on a hot prospect who never fulfills his potential as he's destined to suffer from terrible injuries.

Then you can do all the usual scouting stuff, finding for example all EU National players who are both comfortable at LB and CB, who are transfer listed for no more than £2m, who have a heading ability, crossing and pace of at least 13. Again, depending on your scouting knowledge in the game you might be able to find many more players than you ever would with player search in game.

You can do staff search in Genie Scout too.

Another thing it used to be good at was finding out how much you'd need to bid to sign a player in the 'sale value' string without having to scout him in game first. It can save in-game time of a day or two waiting for your scouts to come back to you to tell you how much someone would cost which might be important if a player was already wanted by lots of other clubs so you can jump in first. Now last time I used genie scout was in FM 2015 and this feature was broken, not sure if it works now as I've not been in a position to pay for any players in FM 20 yet.

Edit: I suppose that last feature is a bit redundant now anyway even if it has been fixed. It was good way back in FM 10 etc. as from memory you couldn't suggest terms to begin a negotiation and get feedback like you can now. Moslty you just had to bid then wait a few days to see if it was accepted or not. Bids would often be rejected with no information as to how much someone might actually cost. Genie scout would let you know exactly what you needed to pay so you didn't end up in massively drawn-out transfer sagas, and it also stopped you overpaying which was a possibility too. Without it you were guessing and might have bid 6m for someone you could have got for 5m so it could save you money as well as time.

Last edited:

Maluco

I actually found that even high single figures did ok as a ball player. It usually resulted in balls over the top, that even if they weren’t perfect, fast strikers latched onto.

I got a lot of goals from set pieces when I started non-league so made sure I had tall defenders for set pieces

diarm

He’s not having a great season for me, just reached the Qatar World Cup and he’s only on 5 goals for the season so far. Then again none of my attackers are up to much this season, Haaland, Rashford, Greenwood all only on or around 10 for the season. By this time last season those 3 were much closer to 29. Defence has improved though.
Ronaldo doing a good job as a mentor though I think, have offered a new 1 year contract at half his current wages (approx 300k pw now) so he can keep mentoring likes of Mejbri and Bellingham.
He got 4 goals and 4 assists in 4 games for me in the second half of the season. The problem was that he only played the 4 games before Ndombele broke him against Spurs at the end of January. I've used the time he is out to send him on some coaching courses to see can I train him up to be my assistant in a few years.

He'll be up against it for minutes next season, competing with Sancho, Greenwood, Rashford, Haaland and Fati for one of those top 3 spots. I have two young belters of regens coming through up front who are going to be getting League Cup time as well.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I actually found that even high single figures did ok as a ball player. It usually resulted in balls over the top, that even if they weren’t perfect, fast strikers latched onto.

I got a lot of goals from set pieces when I started non-league so made sure I had tall defenders for set pieces
Getting a ton of set piece goals as well. After 10 games one of my CBs has 7, well kind of, more of that in minute. I don't know if this tactic I downloaded has some corner exploit but that's insane.

As well as the passing I was a bit worried about pace, as in if they made a mistake trying to pass around then they might not be able to recover as the best ball playing ones I have are quite slow. It's been ok so far though.

My game actually crashed 10 games into this season after 10 wins on the bounce. It said to check I had the latest graphic drivers. Don't understand that, as I've played over a season and quite a number hours over past week with no problem. Feels like a chore to have to go back and repeat the lost 6 games but that's what I'm going to do today.

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After starting a career multiple times and getting bored, I did one unemployed and waited until a job came up. Gave myself decent stats but not amazing and ended up interviewing for the Juve job and got it as they'd just finished 4th in the league and nearly missed out on CL.

I signed Haaland, Tonali and Alexander-Arnold. Sold Dybala for 115m and bought TAA for 110m.

Currently top of Serie A by 10 points and have only lost two games all season, none in the league. Have a 4 - 2 away loss to Atletico to overturn in the second leg of the CL last 16 though.

Woodzy

I love how easily players start to back down when asking for a new contract after you've been at the club a long time :lol:

Anyway, third season done, lost out on the league to an incredible Arsenal team (although the squad itself was not much different to what we know now!), but on the plus side I retained the FA Cup, Champions League and the big one... the Alexis Sanchez contract finally runs out!

Oh, I also signed a 37 year old Cristiano Ronaldo on a free transfer. His stats still look insane.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After starting a career multiple times and getting bored, I did one unemployed and waited until a job came up. Gave myself decent stats but not amazing and ended up interviewing for the Juve job and got it as they'd just finished 4th in the league and nearly missed out on CL.

I signed Haaland, Tonali and Alexander-Arnold. Sold Dybala for 115m and bought TAA for 110m.

Currently top of Serie A by 10 points and have only lost two games all season, none in the league. Have a 4 - 2 away loss to Atletico to overturn in the second leg of the CL last 16 though.
Oh also I'm signing Jude Bellingham on a free in the summer as his contract was expiring. Classic Juve move.

sebsheep

Getting a ton of set piece goals as well. After 10 games one of my CBs has 7, well kind of, more of that in minute. I don't know if this tactic I downloaded has some corner exploit but that's insane.

As well as the passing I was a bit worried about pace, as in if they made a mistake trying to pass around then they might not be able to recover as the best ball playing ones I have are quite slow. It's been ok so far though.

My game actually crashed 10 games into this season after 10 wins on the bounce. It said to check I had the latest graphic drivers. Don't understand that, as I've played over a season and quite a number hours over past week with no problem. Feels like a chore to have to go back and repeat the lost 6 games but that's what I'm going to do today.
Just set up an auto save every week or 2, I do it every time now because my old PC used to crash quite often.
I've noticed my team getting a decent amount of goals from set pieces but I don't really do anything drastic on set pieces. I pretty much set my CBs to attack each post on corners and have someone lurk on the edge of the area, then leave the corner aim on mixed.