Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think I just played though the longest summer ever. I only had 1 million to spend and a 60k wage budget, so I was determined to get in the best possible loans and make sure the squad was balanced. I actually ended up selling a few players who had signed on free transfers

After a very gradual progression and drawn out negotiations, my new eleven is this...

Kobel
Armini
Braithewaite (loan)
Gravillon
Killen
Matondo (loan)
Kenneh
Nmecha (loan)
Morilla
Brewster (loan)
Kean (loan)

Armini, Kenneh and Morilla are all progressing really well and belong to us, so really happy that they are turning into assets as we literally had no one Erdevisie level at the start of the save. Rovaglia, the other signing from season one, has been benched because of the quality of the loans. Kean and Brewster were just too good to refuse.

Im hoping Kobel can develop in goal and turn into a top keeper at this level, but it was the best we could afford. I’m delighted with Gravillon signing for only 500k. Another good young asset for us. Killon is great for this level on a free too and adds value to the squad.

I was taken back by the quality of the loans available to us. Braithewaite is a bit of a beast at the back and has pushed Armini and Killon out to full back. Matondo is a flier and dangerous every game and Brewster and Kean should be too much for a lot of Erdivisie teams.

The plan is to try and get into Europe first season and use that money to buy in a few more quality starters. I doubt we will luck out with the loans as we have done so far, so fully expect a worse eleven next year. So we have to make the most of them now and try and get ourselves some more playing assets.

Youth facilities are hopeless and they don’t want to upgrade them, so we need to continue to try and bring in good quality young players for the first eleven.

After Kobel signed for an initial 625k, our last action of the window was to spend our last 350k on Matias Arezo. A steal at 350k plus 350k in installments, and only a 20% sell on. He could be a potential star for next season and will join in January when he turns 18.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Haven't played for about a month. Needed a break after the Sunderland save as I got bored dominating consistently. I didn't actually use a 4-4-2/4-2-4 on that save which everyone says is OP and in my current save I have realised just how OP it is.

Started a save with Everton as I do on every FM like you all probably do with United. I sold Schneiderlin, Martina and Niasse ASAP - surprised that people wanted the latter. I tried to sell Gylfi to Leicester for 30m too but he rejected their contract which I am pissed about as that would have helped signing a genuine world class wonderkid like Bellingham/Tonali etc. Decided to sign a lot of the cheap wonderkids instead. Brought in Rober, Almendra, Maldini, Riccardi, Lopez, Gvardiol and Stevanovic and still have around 10m in my budget for January. I hope I will be able to sell Gylfi at that point too to bring in some more money and free the wages up.

My starting line-up is players you start with though - Pickford/Coleman/Holgate/Mina/Digne/Gomes/Davies/Richarlison/Walcott/DCL/Kean in a 4-2-4 Gegenpress tactic and it's too easy.

7 wins and 1 draw in my first 8 games. Scored the most goals and won all the cup games so far too. Kean is a beast in this game.

Maluco

Haven't played for about a month. Needed a break after the Sunderland save as I got bored dominating consistently. I didn't actually use a 4-4-2/4-2-4 on that save which everyone says is OP and in my current save I have realised just how OP it is.

Started a save with Everton as I do on every FM like you all probably do with United. I sold Schneiderlin, Martina and Niasse ASAP - surprised that people wanted the latter. I tried to sell Gylfi to Leicester for 30m too but he rejected their contract which I am pissed about as that would have helped signing a genuine world class wonderkid like Bellingham/Tonali etc. Decided to sign a lot of the cheap wonderkids instead. Brought in Rober, Almendra, Maldini, Riccardi, Lopez, Gvardiol and Stevanovic and still have around 10m in my budget for January. I hope I will be able to sell Gylfi at that point too to bring in some more money and free the wages up.

My starting line-up is players you start with though - Pickford/Coleman/Holgate/Mina/Digne/Gomes/Davies/Richarlison/Walcott/DCL/Kean in a 4-2-4 Gegenpress tactic and it's too easy.

7 wins and 1 draw in my first 8 games. Scored the most goals and won all the cup games so far too. Kean is a beast in this game.
What way do you line up with the 4-2-4? Like more of a 4-2-2-2 type thing?

To be fair, Evertons starting squad is the best it’s been in a long time.

Digne, Mina, Pickford, Gomes, Richarlison, DCL and Kean are all great in the game from the off and players like Davies and Holgate have massive room to develop.

It should be a fun save for an Everton fan in theory because you will get to develop players you actually have an attachment to, rather than hope you have a new eleven in 3-4 seasons.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What way do you line up with the 4-2-4? Like more of a 4-2-2-2 type thing?

To be fair, Evertons starting squad is the best it’s been in a long time.

Digne, Mina, Pickford, Gomes, Richarlison, DCL and Kean are all great in the game from the off and players like Davies and Holgate have massive room to develop.

It should be a fun save for an Everton fan in theory because you will get to develop players you actually have an attachment to, rather than hope you have a new eleven in 3-4 seasons.
Yeah, two CMs, two wingers and two strikers in either support or attack roles and offensive full backs so i'm surprised it works so well. We concede a fair bit but at the moment if we let in 2 it doesn't matter, we'll win 3-2. :lol:

Digne is stupidly good. He has 10 assists in 9 games so far in the league. I agree, I'm hoping to get around 5 years out of this save and I will try to do it with as much of the team I began with/with as little regens as possible unlike the Sunderland save where regens were my only hope considering the budget. It's nice to play a save where real life players will be used more often.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Maldini is a curious one for me. I think he has 1 determination but he always performed for me.

Berbaclass

I'm thinking about doing a youth-based save with Sporting as I have a bit of a soft spot for them and have never really managed in Portugal.

Chipper

Adulterer.
So on in-game Twitter you find stupid comments? Realistic I suppose.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just set up an auto save every week or 2, I do it every time now because my old PC used to crash quite often.
I've noticed my team getting a decent amount of goals from set pieces but I don't really do anything drastic on set pieces. I pretty much set my CBs to attack each post on corners and have someone lurk on the edge of the area, then leave the corner aim on mixed.
Good idea, and I learned my lesson there. Changed from every 3 months to 2 weeks.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So on in-game Twitter you find stupid comments? Realistic I suppose.

I swear half the twitter remarks are just taken from the caf, you get those ones putting down players who have just been given 9+ ratings in a game.

sebsheep

Is it just the 4-4-2 in general or when combined with certain instructions? I used it for 2-3 years in the save I have and the team didn't feel overpowered, pretty strong. I did have some daft results against bigger teams but they were playing 3-5-2 formations and don't seem to deal with over-lapping full backs at all. The gengen press has been crazy strong ever since it was added.

sebsheep

I swear I've spent this evening shouting at my screen every single game :lol:
Results wise we're not even doing that badly but the performances have been so off. The 3-5-2 is gone as Mejbri was not having fun in the AM role, now playing a 4-1-3-2 and he's pretty much carrying the team with 4 goals 1 assist in his last 5 games.
Got a lovely CL draw of PSG, Man City and Napoli. Lost to all 3 so far. Don't think we're earning any money for winning/drawing games and there is zero chance we're going into the Europa League.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Thoughts on individual instructions to tackle harder vs. team instructions of get stuck in? Is there a definitive difference between these 2 things and which to turn off if I'm a bit worried about the amount of cards I'm getting?

The way I understand it is that having both active ramps up/amplifies everything as you'll have the team instruction first to get stuck in, and then if a player has tackle harder too he'll tackle harder than the already laid down framework of getting stuck in, but maybe they actually mean something slightly different?

I am playing counter press, much higher line of engagement, much higher defensive line, extremely urgent pressing intensity too. Maybe the extremely urgent pressing could be something to tinker with too? Obviously the tactics are really trying to disrupt the opponents, to never let them be comfortable on the ball and to deny time and space. I don't want to stop that idea, but maybe ease it back a little so I don't get so many bookings/reds. Still winning, but it''s getting a bit silly.

43 yellows in 14 league matches. Actually thought it was more than that, but it's still 9 more than the 2nd team and league average is 22. 4 red cards, the most of any team too. Think I've had 3 fines so far for failing to control my players.

Edit: Actually just noticed something, it's my players with the high aggression stats too who are the ones who are really picking up the cards. Think I'm going to tinker with individual instructions for those players as the rest of the team isn't so bad.

Examples
- AGG 15 CB has 8 yellow cards in 12 league starts, his agg 7 partner has 1 in 10
- AGG 12 RB has 5 yellows in 10 starts, AGG 9 LB 3 in 10

Now to decide a cut off point, got to be something like players 10-11 AGG or lower can still tackle harder, players over that can't. Seems worth a go.

Last edited:

Maluco

Thoughts on individual instructions to tackle harder vs. team instructions of get stuck in? Is there a definitive difference between these 2 things and which to turn off if I'm a bit worried about the amount of cards I'm getting?

The way I understand it is that having both active ramps up/amplifies everything as you'll have the team instruction first to get stuck in, and then if a player has tackle harder too he'll tackle harder than the already laid down framework of getting stuck in, but maybe they actually mean something slightly different?

I am playing counter press, much higher line of engagement, much higher defensive line, extremely urgent pressing intensity too. Maybe the extremely urgent pressing could be something to tinker with too? Obviously the tactics are really trying to disrupt the opponents, to never let them be comfortable on the ball and to deny time and space. I don't want to stop that idea, but maybe ease it back a little so I don't get so many bookings/reds. Still winning, but it''s getting a bit silly.

43 yellows in 14 league matches. Actually thought it was more than that, but it's still 9 more than the 2nd team and league average is 22. 4 red cards, the most of any team too. Think I've had 3 fines so far for failing to control my players.

Edit: Actually just noticed something, it's my players with the high aggression stats too who are the ones who are really picking up the cards. Think I'm going to tinker with individual instructions for those players as the rest of the team isn't so bad.

Examples
- AGG 15 CB has 8 yellow cards in 12 league starts, his agg 7 partner has 1 in 10
- AGG 12 RB has 5 yellows in 10 starts, AGG 9 LB 3 in 10

Now to decide a cut off point, got to be something like players 10-11 AGG or lower can still tackle harder, players over that can't. Seems worth a go.
I keep “stay on feet” clicked all the time now. I was getting to half time with 4-5 bookings everything and there were matches that the whole backline and DM were on a yellow.

I have a tiny squad too, so missing certain players for suspensions is a big blow.

I am still winning the ball in good areas but get no more than two cards a game now.

Individual instructions I just left on whatever the preset was. Again, tackle harder just seemed to be asking to be carded in first 30 minutes, and it’s a cert when teams have better players

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is it just the 4-4-2 in general or when combined with certain instructions? I used it for 2-3 years in the save I have and the team didn't feel overpowered, pretty strong. I did have some daft results against bigger teams but they were playing 3-5-2 formations and don't seem to deal with over-lapping full backs at all. The gengen press has been crazy strong ever since it was added.
Just the simple instructions. I'm not doing anything fancy at all. You are right though that gegenpress in any format is OP.

I'm still frustrated about the contract stuff - I don't understand when you have top scouts/staff and they suggest that a player will ask for around 10kish wages that they then end up demanding 150k. It doesn't make sense to me.

Maluco

Have navigated the January transfer window safely. I sold a few young players with 3 star potential and poor stats and managed to cobble together 800k for the window (to hopefully get in some pre-contract players) after Arezo’s arrival.

Really needed an attacking midfielder because I am just crossing my fingers hoping Nmecha doesn’t get injured. Was rejected by nearly all the pra-contract players but managed to snag Curtis Jones unrivaled. Only 4 star potential on this save but on any other one I’ve seen he has progressed really well. Paid the 800k to get him in now as I ran out of options to offer contracts to.

As for the 4 amigos who started the save with me, Armini is my best defender and I was left to sweat over both Kenneh (wanted by City) and Morilla (bids from China), but managed to keep hold of them. Rovaglia is unhappy and hasn’t developed because he isn’t playing, so I think Arezo will take his place as cover and he will go on loan to Pescara until the end of the season. He is still only 19 and don’t want him to stagnate, but can’t drop either of the duo up front.

Brewster is a legend, but Kean is ridiculous. He has 25 goals by the end of January and has just scored a brace to take us into the quarter final of the cup. My only complaint is he is a cluster scorer, getting 5 in an 8-1 destruction of Volendam, for example.

Ajax look too good and we are a Kean/Brewster injury away from it all falling apart, but we are a point above AZ in 3rd heading into February.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sounds like a fun save mate - I'm in the same boat with Kean. On 24 goals in the PL now and we are in February. How much was Arezo wage wise for you? I tried to get him but he wanted 140k a week as a 17 year old with nobody else interested in him.

Anyone else forgot about owning a player before? I bought Gravenberch in January because I sold Gylfi and another CM from Benfica but forgot that I had Gbamin because he's injured for 9-11 months at the start of the game. :lol:

Maluco

Sounds like a fun save mate - I'm in the same boat with Kean. On 24 goals in the PL now and we are in February. How much was Arezo wage wise for you? I tried to get him but he wanted 140k a week as a 17 year old with nobody else interested in him.

Anyone else forgot about owning a player before? I bought Gravenberch in January because I sold Gylfi and another CM from Benfica but forgot that I had Gbamin because he's injured for 9-11 months at the start of the game. :lol:
Kean is ridiculous, and in my other saves, he stayed in the reserves the whole way through at Everton. Unfortunately he will be a wanted man after this. His wage is 50k at the moment and my highest earner is 8k, so will just enjoy his last 15 games or so. I pay a monthly fee to have him.

Arezo was wanted by Napoli too when I offered him the contract a year into the save, and I got him in for 7k a week. It’s crazy how much that sort of thing varies. I had to promise him 10% of his next transfer fee and bonuses for quite a few things performance wise, which I am always happy to do.

I think it helped that I was able to offer him a bigger role in the squad.

Gravenberch tore me apart when I played Ajax, was lucky to get away with only a 2-1 loss. He is definitely one to give minutes to.

Morilla’s stats were very average when I brought him in, but has 13-15 for almost every stat now 18 months in. I think training doesn’t matter anywhere near as much as game time.

The problem is taking the hit and inconsistency early to give players game time. I didn’t have any options outside Armini and Kenneh so that has been easy, but if I drop Kean or Brewster for Rovaglia, I drop points.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Resigned from Bayern, decided to apply for any PL job going and accept the first one that came along (unless it was Liverpool, I just couldn't bring myself to manage that lot)

fecking West Ham!

The squad is tiny. They'd sold a bunch of players without replacing them. Doesn't matter though. Picked up a 36yr old Ronaldo on a free, his attributes are still mental. We've also got Blind, Shaw, Memphis and Dean Henderson. A decent ex-United contingent.

sebsheep

Have navigated the January transfer window safely. I sold a few young players with 3 star potential and poor stats and managed to cobble together 800k for the window (to hopefully get in some pre-contract players) after Arezo’s arrival.

Really needed an attacking midfielder because I am just crossing my fingers hoping Nmecha doesn’t get injured. Was rejected by nearly all the pra-contract players but managed to snag Curtis Jones unrivaled. Only 4 star potential on this save but on any other one I’ve seen he has progressed really well. Paid the 800k to get him in now as I ran out of options to offer contracts to.

As for the 4 amigos who started the save with me, Armini is my best defender and I was left to sweat over both Kenneh (wanted by City) and Morilla (bids from China), but managed to keep hold of them. Rovaglia is unhappy and hasn’t developed because he isn’t playing, so I think Arezo will take his place as cover and he will go on loan to Pescara until the end of the season. He is still only 19 and don’t want him to stagnate, but can’t drop either of the duo up front.

Brewster is a legend, but Kean is ridiculous. He has 25 goals by the end of January and has just scored a brace to take us into the quarter final of the cup. My only complaint is he is a cluster scorer, getting 5 in an 8-1 destruction of Volendam, for example.

Ajax look too good and we are a Kean/Brewster injury away from it all falling apart, but we are a point above AZ in 3rd heading into February.
That's insanely quick progress, getting into Europe should really help with the players you get and the money you have to offer them as well.

sebsheep

Finished up the season last night, ended up 3rd just making the Champions League qualifiers on the last day of the season. Had to face the run away champions for the last 2 seasons, AEK. Meanwhile Olympiakos and PAOK, who were 2nd and 3rd, played each other. AEK had beaten me 3 times already this season but we managed to get a deserved 1-0 win and Olympiakos won in the other game, meaning I jumped about my great rivals PAOK. PAOK also beat me in the semi-finals of the Greek Cup by away goals for the 2nd year running. Their manager did get sacked though. :cool:

This game against PAOK pretty much cost me 2nd as well, to say I was annoyed at how that game ended 3-3 is an understatement.

This is the system we ended up running for the 2nd half of the season, it's worked pretty well as we began to dominate games a lot more, the only issues we had were failing converting chances and then conceding daft goals/set piece goals, which is unusual for my teams generally.

Mejbri had a very good season netting 14 goals (cost me €200k when he hit 10) and getting 10 assists. This has attracted a decent amount of interest from some of the bigger European clubs and he's currently in discussions with Inter, Zebre(Juve), and Chelsea. Will make me about €18m if he does go though, so hopefully I can get a decent replacement and still come out of it with a big chunk of money for the club.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No idea how we did it but we managed to go into the last day of the season tied with City and Liverpool on 88 points. In true FM fashion we put in one of our worst performances all season and lost 2-1 vs Bournemouth including a missed penalty. At least City won the title. Kean got top scorer with 31 and Digne top assists with 18 though. I have Hakimi coming in the summer too for 20m.

anant

Is it just in my save or Hertha's transfers are broken in this game? They've been buying atleast 1 player for more than 60m every season so far (in 25-2026 season right now) and have broken the 100m transfer barrier on three occasions

sebsheep

Is it just in my save or Hertha's transfers are broken in this game? They've been buying atleast 1 player for more than 60m every season so far (in 25-2026 season right now) and have broken the 100m transfer barrier on three occasions
Had a look on mine and they aren't doing that, they don't spend that much more than they bring in either. Did they get possibly get a take over?

Maluco

That's insanely quick progress, getting into Europe should really help with the players you get and the money you have to offer them as well.
Still a long way to go and am wary because teams like Feyenoord behind us have such good youth coming through and our squad is bandied together from loans. Like I say, we are an injury or two away from not being able to keep it up. Kean really is crucial.

Finished up the season last night, ended up 3rd just making the Champions League qualifiers on the last day of the season. Had to face the run away champions for the last 2 seasons, AEK. Meanwhile Olympiakos and PAOK, who were 2nd and 3rd, played each other. AEK had beaten me 3 times already this season but we managed to get a deserved 1-0 win and Olympiakos won in the other game, meaning I jumped about my great rivals PAOK. PAOK also beat me in the semi-finals of the Greek Cup by away goals for the 2nd year running. Their manager did get sacked though. :cool:

This game against PAOK pretty much cost me 2nd as well, to say I was annoyed at how that game ended 3-3 is an understatement.

This is the system we ended up running for the 2nd half of the season, it's worked pretty well as we began to dominate games a lot more, the only issues we had were failing converting chances and then conceding daft goals/set piece goals, which is unusual for my teams generally.

Mejbri had a very good season netting 14 goals (cost me €200k when he hit 10) and getting 10 assists. This has attracted a decent amount of interest from some of the bigger European clubs and he's currently in discussions with Inter, Zebre(Juve), and Chelsea. Will make me about €18m if he does go though, so hopefully I can get a decent replacement and still come out of it with a big chunk of money for the club.
Loving the formation! I assume you have a lot of possession and play on that left hand side? I wonder if getting in a top RB with the money and having him bomb forward into the space would add an extra dimension?

That’s a great deal for Meijbri too although you will have to be careful. I can’t remember the amount of saves I have ruined over the years botching the replacement for a key player!

No idea how we did it but we managed to go into the last day of the season tied with City and Liverpool on 88 points. In true FM fashion we put in one of our worst performances all season and lost 2-1 vs Bournemouth including a missed penalty. At least City won the title. Kean got top scorer with 31 and Digne top assists with 18 though. I have Hakimi coming in the summer too for 20m.
It’s a classic “doing too well, too early” move. One of those games that you just can’t win, but that’s a superb first season with Everton when you consider how many tough games the Prem has. Hakimi is a beast. Who else are you looking at for the summer?

Berbaclass

WTF happened in that 3-3 game. 0 CCC's and HC for PAOK but they scored 3 goals :eek::houllier:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s a classic “doing too well, too early” move. One of those games that you just can’t win, but that’s a superb first season with Everton when you consider how many tough games the Prem has. Hakimi is a beast. Who else are you looking at for the summer?
Definitely. I'm happy with that. Made it to the League Cup final too but got beat by United 2-0. :D

Hakimi to replace Coleman (Keeping him as a sub for this season - Kenny out on loan again but next year I will have him as back-up I think). Brought in Luiz Felipe from Lazio to replace Mina - he is a bit better and I was able to get Felipe on lower wages than Mina and the transfer fee to buy him was the same as I sold Mina for so I'm better off in that sense. Brought in Boga to replace Walcott - relatively cheap for how good he is. Finally a guy called Talles Magno who is another wonderkid but he's pretty much a starting player from the off on my save so he's replaced Bernard/Iwobi as my backup winger.

Starting line-up is now - Pickford, Hakimi, Holgate, Felipe, Digne, Gomes, Gbamin, Richarlison, Boga, Calvert-Lewin, Kean. Trying to keep as many of our lads in there as I can and will only look to replace them when they're not performing or not quite good enough which is what I've done so far.

Maluco

Definitely. I'm happy with that. Made it to the League Cup final too but got beat by United 2-0. :D

Hakimi to replace Coleman (Keeping him as a sub for this season - Kenny out on loan again but next year I will have him as back-up I think). Brought in Luiz Felipe from Lazio to replace Mina - he is a bit better and I was able to get Felipe on lower wages than Mina and the transfer fee to buy him was the same as I sold Mina for so I'm better off in that sense. Brought in Boga to replace Walcott - relatively cheap for how good he is. Finally a guy called Talles Magno who is another wonderkid but he's pretty much a starting player from the off on my save so he's replaced Bernard/Iwobi as my backup winger.

Starting line-up is now - Pickford, Hakimi, Holgate, Felipe, Digne, Gomes, Gbamin, Richarlison, Boga, Calvert-Lewin, Kean. Trying to keep as many of our lads in there as I can and will only look to replace them when they're not performing or not quite good enough which is what I've done so far.
That looks like a good starting eleven. Is Holgate developing well? I had a look at him a few times in longer saves and he had stayed pretty much the same. Probably because he wasn’t being played, like Kean.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Not getting as many cards now which is I wanted. We're still no angels but that's better.

First 14 league matches: 43 yellows/4 reds
Next 14: 33 yellow/1 red

Season going well in general:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That looks like a good starting eleven. Is Holgate developing well? I had a look at him a few times in longer saves and he had stayed pretty much the same. Probably because he wasn’t being played, like Kean.
His attributes aren't that great but he always performs well and his attributes are improving in pretty much every area albeit slowly. Same with Kean. I've had the same issue as you in my saves and not sure why. He never seems to play for Everton if you aren't managing them. He ended up going to the Saudi league in my Sunderland save.

sebsheep

Loving the formation! I assume you have a lot of possession and play on that left hand side? I wonder if getting in a top RB with the money and having him bomb forward into the space would add an extra dimension?

That’s a great deal for Meijbri too although you will have to be careful. I can’t remember the amount of saves I have ruined over the years botching the replacement for a key player!
I'm not really sure how to describe quite how it functions. You kind of have a box 4-2-2-2 midfield, but the wide play maker and the mezzala are a bit wider. The DLP-s likes to step forward and interacts with the WPM and the left WB very well, they constantly work to the the WB into good positions. I think it helps that my DLP is left footed because it never seems to work as well down that side with my back up DLP, who is right footed. The guy who players there has scored far too many long range goals for a guy with a stat of 9 for them though. Then I have my wing backs on support and set to overlap, that probably balances out just about enough as the right hand side is a bit exposed defensively.
I have been looking for better WBs in general, but not had much from my scouts.

I didn't really have too much I could do about him leaving as that was his release clause, picked a guy for about 750k who has 5 star potential but he'sit's a massive downgrade. Does help that when I do find a good player they tend to get nabbed, had a guy with a scout report of 92 set to sign for me for a bargain price of 2.9m until 3 big clubs came in and blew me out of the water. He was the only good DM I've seen all summer. :lol:

sebsheep

WTF happened in that 3-3 game. 0 CCC's and HC for PAOK but they scored 3 goals :eek::houllier:
Oh man, I could not believe it. They scored a header from 12 yards from free kick, a half volley from the edge of the box after a headed clearance to go 2-0 up. We completely turned it around and had just gone 3-2 up, I change to cautious and then the very next highlight they had some odd throw in thing where the ball is crossed into the box and drops between two of them as my defender is on his phone or something and they just smash it in.

Woodzy

For those that don't remember my 2021 Champions League final result posted earlier, here it is again.

Now, here is the recent 2023 Champions League final...

sebsheep

For those that don't remember my 2021 Champions League final result posted earlier, here it is again.

Now, here is the recent 2023 Champions League final...

:lol: That's amazing. Only 4 mins apart as well.