Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

2E_MUFC

Going to start a La Liga save with my cousin. I was thinking about being Atletico Madrid. I’ve seen the budget they get and they seem to be in a lot of financial difficulty. Have I missed something? Does anybody know why they are struggling so much?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m not sure what scouting budgets are like for teams in the Championship for example, but I’ve managed to get a Slovenian team to a stage where I’ve beaten Arsenal and Bayern in my fifth season. When I took over I had a total wage budget of 33k per week. Obviously once you can get regular champions league money it’s easier to scout for the best young talent. Problem is players always want to leave to join a bigger league eventually.

Anyway, my point was that there’s so many talented regens in Serbia, Croatia for example. If you hoover them up for 500k fees, you’ll have the likes of Juve wanting them soon enough. I’m not sure how that works post brexit though. If you’re struggling for wages then these guys want similar wages to league 2 players.
That’s really impressive. I don’t think I have achieved anything close to that with such a small side. Where do you go now you are at that level though?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Really enjoying my Brighton save. Finished 11th in first season, 8th in season two! Loaned Bakary Saka from Arse and Valverde from Madrid who were instrumental in that season.

Season 3 is about to start and I managed to snag Tonali for £21.5m (brilliant replacement for Valverde) and Jude Bellingham for £17m who looks insane for a 18yo and will probably be in the first team by the end of the season. Also Saka and Emery like me so managed to get him on another season loan.

Brighton actually have some very good players. Bissouma and Alzate (still only 21) have been brilliant. I’m playing a custom tiki-taka that did alright in season 1 but really improved in season 2. Media has me down for 13th but if Tonali hits the ground running I see no reason to aim for 8th again.

First XI is:
GK – Ryan
RB – Tavares (Benfica, 20y.o)
CB – Webster
CB – Dunk
LB – Bernardo
DM – Tonali
CM – Bissouma
CM – Alzate
RW – March
LW – Saka
CF - Maupay
Really nice save and cool team youare building! Really makes me want to stick it on again and get a game going.

RedRazor

on the radio
Just purchased this, and I'm playing my first season with Blackpool in league one, and have just played United in the cup. Mason came on as a sub and scored 3 in 15 mins to crush any hopes I had. Unbelievable.

Marcelinho87

Started out as Barnsley and got them promoted via the playoffs in the first season... Went up and the board gave me a respectable £30m to spend but wouldn't budge on their vision of young players only for the club and anybody over 28 deemed old.

Had them in 13th in January the 1st and got offered the Everton job so off I went.

Wal2Fra

On the hunt for a laptop and this would be something I would get with it.

Is an 8GB RAM enough to run the game with the large database and seasonal regens etc...?

Or is there a different feature/spec on laptops that I should be looking at to run games like this or similar simulation games?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
On the hunt for a laptop and this would be something I would get with it.

Is an 8GB RAM enough to run the game with the large database and seasonal regens etc...?

Or is there a different feature/spec on laptops that I should be looking at to run games like this or similar simulation games?
If you're into it, there's even an add-on to include the "Huge Database" version.

Most benchmark articles say that 8GB are the optimal for the huge database, so you're in the good way and a min quadcore CPU to help to boost the processing of data (something FM does a lot) and the GPU power will depend on how much do you care about watching the 3D engine.

Also the storage should be SSD (not a problem since nowadays laptops come with this alerady) to make disk access faster.

Dan_F

That’s really impressive. I don’t think I have achieved anything close to that with such a small side. Where do you go now you are at that level though?
They are small team in the bigger picture, but are top 2 in that country. So getting into Europa in the first year is possible with a lucky draw, which boosts the money. Then looking for Champions league money after 3/4 years. Just that alone gives you such an advantage over all the other clubs in that league. Meaning I just buying all the best 16/17 year olds in the Balkans.

As for beating bigger teams I’m not sure, it shouldn’t be possible. I’m assuming the engine takes into account team morale and tactic familiarity. It’s hit and miss though. I could win in Europe one week and lose to a shit Slovenian team the game after.

I usually lose interest after about 7 seasons, because you can’t grow any more without other teams in the league doing well in Europe too, boosting the rep of the league further. Although I am making an effort to spend more this time, the board don’t let me spend more than 7k a week on an individual player, even though I have so much cash to spend.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Been playing the beta of the newest version (you can download it in steam if you go to preferences and then beta and select it). It seems to have fixed the one on one issues with the match engine. In fact I’m having to change my tactics a lot as it’s kind of fecked up my season momentum.

Santos J

Been playing the beta of the newest version (you can download it in steam if you go to preferences and then beta and select it). It seems to have fixed the one on one issues with the match engine. In fact I’m having to change my tactics a lot as it’s kind of fecked up my season momentum.
Yeah really enjoy that match engine on the public beta, seems to be way more penalties missed than scored on it though.

Wal2Fra

If you're into it, there's even an add-on to include the "Huge Database" version.

Most benchmark articles say that 8GB are the optimal for the huge database, so you're in the good way and a min quadcore CPU to help to boost the processing of data (something FM does a lot) and the GPU power will depend on how much do you care about watching the 3D engine.

Also the storage should be SSD (not a problem since nowadays laptops come with this alerady) to make disk access faster.
Cheers for the response. Picked up an 8gb with ssd and vega 8 graphics card. Will do the job on simple simulation games like FM. Looking forward to getting started!

Hoof the ball

To this day I still prefer playing the game on the classic 2D, because I can use my imagination more to 'see' the play happening, whereas, when I turn on the 3D match the animations and clunkiness take me out of it.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
To this day I still prefer playing the game on the classic 2D, because I can use my imagination more to 'see' the play happening, whereas, when I turn on the 3D match the animations and clunkiness take me out of it.
Im the same. My better half says I'm a weirdo cos they are just dots!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I actually did prefer this too for ages, but seeing a cross followed by a volley in the top bins is pretty nice to watch :drool:

Nickosaur

Really enjoying my Brighton save. Finished 11th in first season, 8th in season two! Loaned Bakary Saka from Arse and Valverde from Madrid who were instrumental in that season.

Season 3 is about to start and I managed to snag Tonali for £21.5m (brilliant replacement for Valverde) and Jude Bellingham for £17m who looks insane for a 18yo and will probably be in the first team by the end of the season. Also Saka and Emery like me so managed to get him on another season loan.

Brighton actually have some very good players. Bissouma and Alzate (still only 21) have been brilliant. I’m playing a custom tiki-taka that did alright in season 1 but really improved in season 2. Media has me down for 13th but if Tonali hits the ground running I see no reason to aim for 8th again.

First XI is:
GK – Ryan
RB – Tavares (Benfica, 20y.o)
CB – Webster
CB – Dunk
LB – Bernardo
DM – Tonali
CM – Bissouma
CM – Alzate
RW – March
LW – Saka
CF - Maupay
Brighton season 3. Finished 6th and we’re in Europe next year! Insane season.Only disappointment was our performance in the cups.

Sandro Tonali was instrumental but the whole team performed brilliantly. Bukayo Saka has been fantastic again but Emery has been sacked and I can’t see us loaning him for a third successive season. So started to look at left wing replacements. Got Dan James from United in Jan for £15m and he’s got 8 goals in 14 games.

Also managed to get Tuanzebe for £18m and Tammy Abraham for £11m, which should bolster the squad for the increased schedule next season.

Looking ahead to season 4, i’d love to go on a run in the Europa league. Arsenal and Spurs are spending like mad though so getting top 6 again will be a real stretch.. i'd probably accept top 8 and a good cup run.
Team should look like this:

GK - Ryan
RB - Tavares
CB - Tuanzebe, Ben White
LB - Vagnoman
DM - Tonali
CM - Bissouma, Bellingham
RW - March
LW - Dan James
ST - Tammy Abraham

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Same. Don’t think I’ll ever change.

Stadjer

Considering to get the game on cheap but everywhere i go i read that the match engine is terrible this year.

Is it worth getting?

Adam-Utd

Considering to get the game on cheap but everywhere i go i read that the match engine is terrible this year.

Is it worth getting?
First time I've had it for like 3 years and I haven't noticed anything particularly bad.

You get the few odd 1v1's missing and penalties seem to miss a bit more often than they should. Players could be a bit smarter in cutting the ball back instead of shooting from silly angles, but then we'd probably get 5 goals every match.

It's good enough to enjoy it basically.

Adam-Utd

Has anybody done a network game?

My friend just got sacked and i'm trying to re add him to his club - i'm sure as the administrator I can do that, but I can't figure out how to give him another club. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

So, I started a new career and I'm starting as manager of Vitesse. Trying to implement a possession dominating tactic with high press/high line. Everything's going ok so far as far as possession is concerned; I'm no.1 in the league. My issue is that it's really hard to score vs. teams because of the low block defences. Anyone manage to make a possession tactic offensively good? Any PPM's that I should be looking at?

Ludens the Red

So, I started a new career and I'm starting as manager of Vitesse. Trying to implement a possession dominating tactic with high press/high line. Everything's going ok so far as far as possession is concerned; I'm no.1 in the league. My issue is that it's really hard to score vs. teams because of the low block defences. Anyone manage to make a possession tactic offensively good? Any PPM's that I should be looking at?
https://community.sigames.com/topic/510798-442-aggressive-attacking-heavy-metal/

I created this tactic. It’s insane for goals. Three years at Plymouth I scored 306 goals in 166 games. You will get exposed a lot but you’ll outdo the opposition over the course of the match.
It got me two promotions then I came 10th in the championship with the lowest wage bill in the league.

Adam-Utd

Greenwood just has those days for me.

Hoof the ball

Hoof the ball

Currently sitting 2nd place in Eredivisie behind Ajax by around four points with Vitesse.

Managed to loan in Foden from City, as well as Brandon Williams and James Garner from United. The real jewel in my team, though, is Vitesse's own Thomas Buitink, aged 19, with 21 goals in 20 games. Holy hell, what a player this kid is!

2E_MUFC

Coming to the end of my second season. Looking likely that I’ll finish 2nd. Have the fa cup final to play against Chelsea and the champions league final against PSG. I had Liverpool in the semis, lost 3-2 at anfield then battered them 5-1 at old Trafford.

Lautaro Martinez has been god like upfront.

Haven’t played PSG yet this year. Any tips on stopping Mbappe and Neymar?

2E_MUFC

What’s United’s problem with logos and face packs now days? I use the DF11 ones and noticed a lot of the youngsters are missing. After doing abit of searching about, we have blocked all things like this and we are the only team to do so.

Adam-Utd

What’s United’s problem with logos and face packs now days? I use the DF11 ones and noticed a lot of the youngsters are missing. After doing abit of searching about, we have blocked all things like this and we are the only team to do so.
Us and Juventus have all rights owned by Konami now (PES) and can't be used in other games without paying them a fee.

Castia

Fabio Silva from Porto seems to be the bargain of the game so far for me. £12m and he’s scored 80 league goals in 100 games.

2E_MUFC

Us and Juventus have all rights owned by Konami now (PES) and can't be used in other games without paying them a fee.
It’s weird though because all faces and logos are still there to be used for both us and juventus. I contacted the bloke who makes these df11 faces and he says he won’t make anything for United anymore. It’s only the youngsters like Mejbri etc that are missing. The rest of the squad are there.

Adam-Utd

It’s weird though because all faces and logos are still there to be used for both us and juventus. I contacted the bloke who makes these df11 faces and he says he won’t make anything for United anymore. It’s only the youngsters like Mejbri etc that are missing. The rest of the squad are there.
Yeah I mean you can technically still have photos of players, but the image rights are owned by Konami now. They were threatened by legal action to remove these so it's not worth it for them.

Until the deal runs out I assume it'll stay the same unfortunately.

Adam-Utd

What the hell is up with players refusing to sign contract renewals? I've got 4 or 5 of my best players with about 18 months left and they're all refusing to re sign.

Nickosaur

Hmm. Not sure about the latest match engine update. Seems a little too easy now.