Gaming Football Manager 2020 (PC, Mac, Switch, Android, iOS, Stadia)

Nickosaur

I started a new save with United. The board let me spend £320m in the first window which was a bit mental. We won our first four games with a combined scored of 12-1. Rashford has 5 goals in 4 games. Zaniolo 2 goals and 2 assists. They are both mad at me because I "singled them out" suggesting the fact their attributes are going down means they aren't training well. I give up. I'm not buying it again until they fix player interactions, it's too much of a chore and it just doesn't work.
Their attributes might be falling for a number of reasons. Did they actually have a poor training rating? If not then they were right to get pissed at you.

Art Vandelay

Just buy the editor for a few quid, you can clean their bad moods out instantly. The game is so enjoyable without these silly little issues (like the contract issues I had).

While I hate to cheat with it, it's cool that you can also make custom saves like a european super league etc.
Yeah but then I'm paying them more money to fix something that they've not improved or fixed for years. Plus I'd have to fight the temptation to relegate Liverpool. :lol:
Their attributes might be falling for a number of reasons. Did they actually have a poor training rating? If not then they were right to get pissed at you.
About average, which is not good enough at United. Martial is the same, he's been named twice in worst trainers of the week and I had a word, now I will feel his wrath and he won't let this go etc. Talking to players is just random nonsense that never makes sense.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
You should only criticize training if their training rating is lower than say 6... even if attributes have red arrows it usually resolves itself quickly. Btw a red arrow can mean a 0.1 point loss which you won't even notice. Also it helps lots (and this is silly) if your manager has 20s in all his mental attributes. After that you can pretty much shag their wives and they'll thank you for it.

Agree player interactions suck though. You can just randomly tell your whole team you thank them for their professionalism and you'll get a nice morale boost before the next game. It's dumb and tedious.

Art Vandelay

I have 20's in all mental attributes except one of the player knowledge ones. Normally it solves problems when players come to you and they thank you for listening to them not moan about their stupid problems. Doesn't seem to do much when I speak to them as that just feels random, I've reloaded and got different results from the same answers.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Also, player attributes need to even themselves out when training, so to increase finishing the stats may drop on something meaningless like marking etc. So often its the stats jiggling about in preparation for increases elsewhere.

Art Vandelay

The three of them have had red arrows in every category for 3 months. Everyone else is improving dramatically, except the transfer listed players or older players. Yet those three are entirely red for months. I can't remember the exact numbers of Rashford and Zaniolo's training ratings, but they weren't high. Regardless of that, your manager saying he thinks you can do better isn't a reason to strop for months on end or cause disruptions.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
The three of them have had red arrows in every category for 3 months. Everyone else is improving dramatically, except the transfer listed players or older players. Yet those three are entirely red for months. I can't remember the exact numbers of Rashford and Zaniolo's training ratings, but they weren't high. Regardless of that, your manager saying he thinks you can do better isn't a reason to strop for months on end or cause disruptions.
Ah right well not sure what's up with that then. In my experience I don't think I've ever had someone red arrow for months unless they were over their peak (like over 30) and naturally attributes will go down. Although sometimes red arrows persist when a player is maximum CA even if their stats aren't really going down (or just going down by a tiny number since maintaining maximum CA is quite hard).

I mean yeah stropping over it for months is dumb, but in the context of "playing the game" you shouldn't go by arrows for criticizing, just when training ratings are below a certain number. As I said though... play interactions have been silly for a while now. Very tedious and repetitive..

Art Vandelay

Ah right well not sure what's up with that then. In my experience I don't think I've ever had someone red arrow for months unless they were over their peak (like over 30) and naturally attributes will go down. Although sometimes red arrows persist when a player is maximum CA even if their stats aren't really going down (or just going down by a tiny number since maintaining maximum CA is quite hard).

I mean yeah stropping over it for months is dumb, but in the context of "playing the game" you shouldn't go by arrows for criticizing, just when training ratings are below a certain number. As I said though... play interactions have been silly for a while now. Very tedious and repetitive..
Yeah the problem isn't even that I might be wrong, it's the tediousness of it. You try to just tell them they could be doing a bit better in training to reach the top and the next thing it's like a scene from The Shining. It's a tedious system that just doesn't work. It makes all your players come across as lunatics that are best avoided. Even praising them can be hazardous. I think the player interaction system has worn me down after all these years.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Yeah the problem isn't even that I might be wrong, it's the tediousness of it. You try to just tell them they could be doing a bit better in training to reach the top and the next thing it's like a scene from The Shining. It's a tedious system that just doesn't work. It makes all your players come across as lunatics that are best avoided. Even praising them can be hazardous. I think the player interaction system has worn me down after all these years.
Yeah a lot of FM has become bloated with tediousness really... interviews/team talks are boring, pre-match meetings are useless, shouts can all be ignored if you just spam get creative in every possible scenario except for using demand more when losing or praise when far ahead. I mean I only do shouts because you feel like you're missing out on ingame modifiers if you don't use them but what kind of masochists are still doing match interviews after a couple of iterations? I mean some additions are cool like twitter is fun and customizing training is also interesting but for the most part these "RPG" elements fall a bit flat for me because any sense of immersion is completely nullified by how basic the implementation is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've turned Greenwood into a RW inside forward, and he's an absolute beast there also.

Main reason was I found a regen that was even better than him as a forward, and they're both advanced forwards so it didn't really work playing a 4-4-2 that well.

4-3-3 suits them both and I can still play my best midfield.

Dan_F

Started a new save with United for the first time in years. Had a budget of 50 million, but put a big in for Sancho of 60 million plus add ons. Amazing it got accepted, contract negotiations were a breeze. Got the usual message of not enough funds, you have to beg the board etc.

Did this and they agreed to the transfer, but nothing happened. Next thing is a few days later, Dortmund accept Ed Woodward’s 90 million bid and Sancho doesn’t want to negotiate. All he had to do was sign off on my bid :lol:

So that’s basically ruined my save. I just have to hope that he will accept negotiations in a few weeks.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Speaking of player interactions, Zainolo wanted to leave unless I guarantee him trophies.. we were top by 12 points and were the current league winners and CL winners? What other trophies does he want!

Minkaro

Fun times when on the last day of the season, with us FOUR points ahead of Liverpool, a journalist asked me about their chances of winning the title.

Probably not great, mate, tbh.

Martial managed a 40 goal season for me though, never got him to perform that well before.

Adam-Utd

Speaking of player interactions, Zainolo wanted to leave unless I guarantee him trophies.. we were top by 12 points and were the current league winners and CL winners? What other trophies does he want!
Yeah, I posted about stuff like this previously. It's why I bought the editor for £3 just to wipe that crap out. It really ruined it for me and made me not want to play the game at all. Losing my best players because they wouldn't sign a new deal with 18 months left even though we were stomping the league and in the final for the CL regularly was ridiculous.

2E_MUFC

Started DoctorBenjy’s Glory Hunter challenge. Decided to start in the Bundesliga with Dortmund. I had a plan of playing the gegenpress with them and using Haaland as a pressing forward. His work rate is only 11 thought which I’m slightly surprised about.

Dortmund’s squad also seems abit thin up the top end of the pitch. Looks like it could be a decent challenge with them.

Dan_F

Where are all the decent ball winning midfielders. Seems like all the defensive midfielders on the game are classed as deep lying playmakers. I’ve pretty much wrapped up the title in my first season with United playing 4231, using Bruno at 10, Pogba as DLP support and Vidal (loan) as BWM.

Has anyone tried using a defensive DLP with a support DLP?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Where are all the decent ball winning midfielders. Seems like all the defensive midfielders on the game are classed as deep lying playmakers. I’ve pretty much wrapped up the title in my first season with United playing 4231, using Bruno at 10, Pogba as DLP support and Vidal (loan) as BWM.

Wanyama used to be my favorite BWM buy. There are some good options out there: Casemiro, Barrios, Lerma, Ascascibar, Dier?

Dan_F

Wanyama used to be my favorite BWM buy. There are some good options out there: Casemiro, Barrios, Lerma, Ascascibar, Dier?
I’m looking for top level really. Florentino Luis looks interesting, but he’s going to cost a lot. I could probably put a box to box next to a Defensive DLP, but I don’t really want to change it after such a good first season. Also, not sure Pogba would fit into that.

Woodzy

This game is going to get a hammering over the next couple of months.

We should get an online game going where we sim to current date and literally just play one day at a time.

Dan_F

So Scotland got to the final of Euro 2020 on my save...

Art Vandelay

McTominay was a good BWM for me. Although I usually used a box to box beside a defensive DLP.

Adam-Utd

Yes I quite regularly play like that in a 4-2-3-1. I have Camavinga as a DLP-D and Aouar as a DLP-S with Havertz as the ADV-P

Zen

Done a Utd game as I haven't played FM in year....shits easier than ever.

3rd season.

DeGea(Orme)
AWB-Dayot-Lindelof-Williams(Dalot-Maguire-Laird-Shaw)
Luis(Rooney)
Bruno-Pogba(Bellingham-Hannibal)
Sancho-Haaland-Messi(Rashford-Greenwood-Fati)

Martial,James,Karamoko Dembele make up the 25.

De Gea had 28 clean sheets and 26 clean sheets in the first two years....

I bought Messi and Rooney to humour myself - tried to get Ronaldo but Utd won't allow 900k a week....but they are insanely good.

Same issues as ever - interaction is crap, 30 shots a game = 2 goals, make 3 subs at 50 mins or less = sent off or injury

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Just bought a laptop so I can play this during isolation

stepic

does that mean you get to just play it for a week for free, or the entire game is free to download until the 25th, and then you can keep it?

edit:

just found it, it's the former. eh. i'd prefer them just to sell it for 50% off.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
does that mean you get to just play it for a week for free, or the entire game is free to download until the 25th, and then you can keep it?

edit:

just found it, it's the former. eh. i'd prefer them just to sell it for 50% off.
Yeah, there's no way they would do the latter.

Tiber

edit:

They are letting thousands of people play the game without spending a penny. Can't help but think your being a bit picky

stepic

They are letting thousands of people play the game without spending a penny. Can't help but think your being a bit picky
only for a week though.

i'm just going to buy it anyway. it's a good way of wasting away some self-isolating hours.

Nickosaur

I'm halfway through Season 6 with Brighton. Playing some fantastic football this season, currently in 2nd after 14 games played. I've managed to get a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation working really nicely, playing vertical tiki-taka.

Jude Bellingham is my captain and tearing it up as an attacking mezzala. Eduardo Camavinga is my deep lying playmaker. And managed to get a transfer listed Phil Foden from City for £31m as my attacking midfielder. Spent big in the summer to get some world class regens as I was sick of the other PL teams making ridiculous transfers. Was trying to keep it realistic but Brighton by season 6 are incredibly rich, like most teams in the PL.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Nah they're right. Sports Interactive are getting more out of it by not putting it on sale. They're trying to get people hooked, who they hope will pay full price once they've got a big match against City in the cup the day after it stops being free... $$$

That said, I'll download as I'm a sucker.

Rooney1987

Can't you change the match engine to 2D anymore? Unless Im going blind can't find in options. My laptop is a bit old, 3D engine is pretty slow for me.

Nickosaur

Can't you change the match engine to 2D anymore? Unless Im going blind can't find in options. My laptop is a bit old, 3D engine is pretty slow for me.
You defs can.
2D highlights with 3D for goals is the way forward.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Downloaded it. Started a game as Everton. Scouted a few players and tried to sign them. See estimated wage and it looks in budget for me. Enter negotiations. Estimated wages are 40k and they demand 120k. Right then. This happened for a few players. Swiftly uninstalled.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Downloaded it. Started a game as Everton. Scouted a few players and tried to sign them. See estimated wage and it looks in budget for me. Enter negotiations. Estimated wages are 40k and they demand 120k. Right then. This happened for a few players. Swiftly uninstalled.
Just manage a proper club that can offer players proper wages. Jokes

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I haven't played this year's version but that generally happens if the player doesn't have much interest in joining your club.

And y'know, it's Everton..

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just manage a proper club that can offer players proper wages. Jokes
I haven't played this year's version but that generally happens if the player doesn't have much interest in joining your club.

And y'know, it's Everton..
They were all 21 year old players at sides like Rennes etc. and nobody else was interested in them. Basically just needed a defensive midfielder. It's the same every year in terms of transfers which is why I started only buying it every 2 or 3 years. I don't get how they haven't fixed the transfer nonsense yet.