Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I know it isn't FM 2021 as I prefer to still play FM16 even though I have 2019 and 2020. I have no idea why apart from it just feels less cluttered.

Anyway, I am really proud of my achievement from this weekend and want to tell people. I managed to win the SPL and Scottish cup double in my 3rd season with Aberdeen.

I was trying to keep my weekly wage per player down to 10k max but then Angel Correa was available for £4m from Atletico and I ended up paying him £22k per week, £13K more than any other player. Worth it for CL qualification and a title win, and made my money back. Made £21m in sales in 3 seasons which has basically set me up for the next few years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I know it isn't FM 2021 as I prefer to still play FM16 even though I have 2019 and 2020. I have no idea why apart from it just feels less cluttered.

Anyway, I am really proud of my achievement from this weekend and want to tell people. I managed to win the SPL and Scottish cup double in my 3rd season with Aberdeen.

I was trying to keep my weekly wage per player down to 10k max but then Angel Correa was available for £4m from Atletico and I ended up paying him £22k per week, £13K more than any other player. Worth it for CL qualification and a title win, and made my money back. Made £21m in sales in 3 seasons which has basically set me up for the next few years.
Congrats! I'm surprised you managed to get Correa on 22k a week. On my game he's at Utd on £125k.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
After going out on away goals in the Europa semi and losing the FA Cup final I've tweaked a few things tactically to make us attack a bit more. My defense was pretty leaky but I think I've shored it up now.

I made a lot of signings paid for by selling their equivalent in my team for more money. Alex Meret was signed for £3.9m and I sold him for £25m (brought in Cillessen as backup GK for £6m). Koopmeiners was signed for £23m and he went for £38m. Finally shifted Townsend too.

Got Amad Diallo for £23m which I thought was a bargain if he reaches his potential.

Squad is now:

GK: Gasparini, Cillessen
RB: Tomiyasi, Cash
CB: Ahmedhodzic, Badiashille, Kehrer, Edwards (regen), Ferguson
LB: Reguilon, Mitchell
CM: Rice, Szoboszlai, McKennie, Henderson
RW: Edwards, Diallo
CAM: Gravenberch, Eze
LW: Grealish, Zaha
ST: Malen, Morelos, Lausen Edan (regen)

YAMS49

After going out on away goals in the Europa semi and losing the FA Cup final I've tweaked a few things tactically to make us attack a bit more. My defense was pretty leaky but I think I've shored it up now.

I made a lot of signings paid for by selling their equivalent in my team for more money. Alex Meret was signed for £3.9m and I sold him for £25m (brought in Cillessen as backup GK for £6m). Koopmeiners was signed for £23m and he went for £38m. Finally shifted Townsend too.

Got Amad Diallo for £23m which I thought was a bargain if he reaches his potential.

Squad is now:

GK: Gasparini, Cillessen
RB: Tomiyasi, Cash
CB: Ahmedhodzic, Badiashille, Kehrer, Edwards (regen), Ferguson
LB: Reguilon, Mitchell
CM: Rice, Szoboszlai, McKennie, Henderson
RW: Edwards, Diallo
CAM: Gravenberch, Eze
LW: Grealish, Zaha
ST: Malen, Morelos, Lausen Edan (regen)
You're playing 4-2-3-1 then, do you ever go 4-1-2-2-1 DM or 4-4-1-1 away against tough opposition?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You're playing 4-2-3-1 then, do you ever go 4-1-2-2-1 DM or 4-4-1-1 away against tough opposition?
I have previously yeah. A kind of 4-3-3 with a DM of Rice (or previously Koopmeiners) but I find playing that way just invites a negative result. I've had much better results against the bigger teams when I've attacked.

YAMS49

I have previously yeah. A kind of 4-3-3 with a DM of Rice (or previously Koopmeiners) but I find playing that way just invites a negative result. I've had much better results against the bigger teams when I've attacked.
Understandable. Although I would personally still be assertive from those shapes. Playing less than balanced mentality with standard lines or lower is asking for trouble in general, yes.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Congrats! I'm surprised you managed to get Correa on 22k a week. On my game he's at Utd on £125k.
Well it is FM16 and he is only 21 so maybe that is why. I made sure his contract is until 2023 so that I don't have to pay him any more than that. I am hoping to sell him in a year or two for £30m plus.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just gave this guy his debut in the Europa League and he scored a hat-trick. Looks class. 16 years old! Worried about the personality though.

NoLogo

This fecking game sometimes....

I was better than Juve but while my players thought it was fun to miss pretty much any shot Juve scored one worldie after the after the other starting with CR from 30 yards, Arthur from pretty much the same distance Hummels hitting Morata with a clearing attempt and for good measure we just scored two for Juve ourselves. Oh yeah and how shit is Bürki, he let in pretty mach all shots apart from one that came at his goal. Too bad I can't fine my entire back line for that performance.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Finished 3rd in first season, Albion Rovers in Scottish League 2. Lost in the first playoff round to Queen's Park. Not a bad season based on expectations but definitely need to improve a fair amount from where we are now to go up.

Got a slightly bigger budget for next season over this, £2.3k per week + £9k transfer fund instead of £1.8k and £0.

Going to change formation/tactics for next season, was playing 4-2-3-1, going to go strikerless.

Chipper

Adulterer.
@Chipper Dont spend it all at once :D
Ha! :lol: Although I actually won't - this is supposed to be a no spend save, free transfers and loans all the way. Chucking it into wages, a whole £180 a week extra!

Now I just need to players actually willing to play for us.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ha! :lol: Although I actually won't - this is supposed to be a no spend save, free transfers and loans all the way. Chucking it into wages, a whole £180 a week extra!

Now I just need to players actually willing to play for us.

What sort of attendances do you get?

Adamsk7

I've woke up this morning and decided I want to get in to this again after about 10 yrs since I last played! Where's the best place to buy it?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've managed to turn my games against 17th-20th place into tight wins instead of bizarre losses. It's made the world of difference and I'm top of the league, 6 pts clear of Utd in December, just before playing them at home.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's annoying that the first season to really be normal is the 2023/24 season.

20/21 is all Covidy
21/22 is similar, low budgets and stuff
22/23 is all bunched up because of Qatar
23/24 it seems to finally go back to normal and have enough gaps between games. Two legged ties return in some competitions!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It's annoying that the first season to really be normal is the 2023/24 season.

20/21 is all Covidy
21/22 is similar, low budgets and stuff
22/23 is all bunched up because of Qatar
23/24 it seems to finally go back to normal and have enough gaps between games. Two legged ties return in some competitions!
Yeah, it totally puts me off starting new saves at times.

NoLogo

Alright I'm not really that good at math but how the heck does SI come up with these numbers???

40 + 15 + 10 = 65 if I'm not mistaken SI seems to think it's 92. oO

Just looked at the forums and it's a known bug, there are addons included that don't show up here and that I can't change. Well that's fantastic. In this case €2.8M for every game over 10 games. Great stuff that this isn't showing up...

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
What sort of attendances do you get?
547 on average in the league.

Had a full house of 1572 in the playoff defeat and also once in the Betfred Cup against Hamilton who were in the SPL (just been relegated). Got some money from Ross County away in the Scottish Cup too, when about 4000 people turned up.

We had a load of staff that I've just cut down on which should help the finances. It's not shown any difference in budget now but going forward should help.Binned off Director of Football, Head of Youth, Technical Director, Loan manager, Data Analyst and Recruitment Analyst. Was spending well over £1k a week on that lot and when the budget is so small it's just a waste when you can get by without.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Alright I'm not really that good at math but how the heck does SI come up with these numbers???

40 + 15 + 10 = 65 if I'm not mistaken SI seems to think it's 92. oO

Just looked at the forums and it's a known bug, there are addons included that don't show up here and that I can't change. Well that's fantastic. In this case €2.8M for every game over 10 games. Great stuff that this isn't showing up...
Probably using some sort of formula to calculate the maximum potential profit and then calculating the 30% curt of it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This guy looks unreal for his age. I have Gasparini but couldn't really turn this down.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure how easy people feel the game is, but I took over fiorentina in January who were 10th with 16 games left. I won all 16 and finished 4th. Milan did implode which helped out, think they won only 1 of their last 6 games.

Now as much I would want to be impressed by my brilliant FM skills, I didn’t really do a whole lot. I won away at Juventus and dominated them (1-0 but stats wise too). Oh well, CL group with Barcelona, United and Ajax will test how easy it is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure how easy people feel the game is, but I took over fiorentina in January who were 10th with 16 games left. I won all 16 and finished 4th. Milan did implode which helped out, think they won only 1 of their last 6 games.

Now as much I would want to be impressed by my brilliant FM skills, I didn’t really do a whole lot. I won away at Juventus and dominated them (1-0 but stats wise too). Oh well, CL group with Barcelona, United and Ajax will test how easy it is.
I have found it pretty easy this year.

Had 3 seasons at Palace though and still not broken top 4 and only won a single Carabao Cup so at least that's kind of realistic. Will likely break it this season though, or even win it. But that's because I'm a footballing genius.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

What did you do with regard to tactics?

diarm

It's definitely a bit too easy. Myself and a buddy are playing an online game, him with Newcastle and me Southampton. There are 4 games left in the season and we're both odds on for top 4 with my Southampton side in the Cup final as well.

Can't speak for his side but I haven't done a huge amount either - this year was all about bedding in for a long term career. I kept the Southampton 442 (with some tweaks) and brought in a handful of exciting young players along with only one big signing in Szoboszlai so to be 2nd after 34 games is a bit ridiculous.

I feel like player morale and happiness is a bit overvalued in this years and last years game. Praise players a lot, keep your promises and you'll see good results. Obviously it's important to have good morale in a squad but it probably shouldn't be so all powerful.

NoLogo

Probably using some sort of formula to calculate the maximum potential profit and then calculating the 30% curt of it.
On the SI forums it's already got a thread. You can't see the summery in this picture but the summery showed one position of 2.8M per game for 10 games which didn't show up on the right, so you can't even remove it from the deal. They know it's a bug and probably will fix it in FM2025.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
On the SI forums it's already got a thread. You can't see the summery in this picture but the summery showed one position of 2.8M per game for 10 games which didn't show up on the right, so you can't even remove it from the deal. They know it's a bug and probably will fix it in FM2025.
Well considering they still haven't fixed the "2 on 1 with keep and never ever ever ever pass for a tap in code" I will consider this a win/

Dave_MUFC

It's easy in general, but Serie A seems to be really inconsistent from the few saves I've done. Juventus always seems to start the first half of the season in awful form, usually dropping out of the European spots altogether, and Napoli usually finish 7th-8th.

With Parma, I managed to finish 7th first season, and that was with dropping a lot of points throughout.