Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Utd have bid £54m for Grealish on deadline day in Jan. I speak to him and he says he wants to play in the Champions League, so I say we can do that by the end of this season. He says he doesn''t think that's realistic.

fecking game, man. Now one of my best players is unhappy.

Woodzy

Utd have bid £54m for Grealish on deadline day in Jan. I speak to him and he says he wants to play in the Champions League, so I say we can do that by the end of this season. He says he doesn''t think that's realistic.

fecking game, man. Now one of my best players is unhappy.
I had my summer signing De Jong unhappy because I promised him we would win trophies when he signed, then I got knocked out of the League Cup in January and he started kicking off because I lied to him. cnut.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They've just bid for Szoboszlai and McKennie as well, cnuts!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Finished top of my group. Beat Ajax twice 4-1, two goalless draws against United, beat Barcelona 3-1 at home and lost 4–1 away in a dead rubber where I played my reserves mainly.

Knocked Spurs out the CL in the last 16, Arsenal next.

diarm

I had my summer signing De Jong unhappy because I promised him we would win trophies when he signed, then I got knocked out of the League Cup in January and he started kicking off because I lied to him. cnut.
I held a team meeting recently, just as we were heading into a tough run of games about 10 out from the end of the season. Told them they'd all been playing well but I know they're capable of even better and pushing on.

Smiles and green squares across the board - everyone delighted and in full agreement. So I give it the outstretched arms and tell them I'm delighted with that response and that we're all on the same page.

Wall to wall red squares and lads feeling personally insulted by the way I've treated them. Morale drops from impeccable to lads being unsettled and furious.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I held a team meeting recently, just as we were heading into a tough run of games about 10 out from the end of the season. Told them they'd all been playing well but I know they're capable of even better and pushing on.

Smiles and green squares across the board - everyone delighted and in full agreement. So I give it the outstretched arms and tell them I'm delighted with that response and that we're all on the same page.

Wall to wall red squares and lads feeling personally insulted by the way I've treated them. Morale drops from impeccable to lads being unsettled and furious.
It's infuriating. I always take a morale hit at the end and start of seasons when they want me to discuss 'promises'. If I say no promises they get disappointed, and if I promise things they say they're not fussed about that promise.

diarm

It's infuriating. I always take a morale hit at the end and start of seasons when they want me to discuss 'promises'. If I say no promises they get disappointed, and if I promise things they say they're not fussed about that promise.
The promises set up is the glitchiest and most irritating aspect of the whole game. Sometimes I'm convinced I have removed promises in contract talks, only for them to suddenly pop up again during the season.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Is there a way to show the condition of your players as a percentage like there used to be instead of the heart symbols?

In previous versions of the game I used to have a policy of resting a player if they were below 94% where possible even though that would still be 'match fit' according to the game. I used to like that as a number as it meant that squad players would get a decent amount of appearances and I could keep everyone happy. I'd also be able to predict when a player would drop below that figure and make sure important players weren't below that for big games based on the fixture list. I'd use that number for subs too - first 3 players to drop to 72% would routinely come off.

This heart thing is less precise and as result I seem to be rotating less than in previous versions.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there a way to show the condition of your players as a percentage like there used to be instead of the heart symbols?

In previous versions of the game I used to have a policy of resting a player if they were below 94% where possible even though that would still be 'match fit' according to the game. I used to like that as a number as it meant that squad players would get a decent amount of appearances and I could keep everyone happy. I'd also be able to predict when a player would drop below that figure and make sure important players weren't below that for big games based on the fixture list. I'd use that number for subs too - first 3 players to drop to 72% would routinely come off.

This heart thing is less precise and as result I seem to be rotating less than in previous versions.
I think there are skins that show it.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think there are skins that show it.
Cheers, found a solution.

In case anyone is interested or stumbles upon this in the future:

FLUT skin and Priisek skin both have condition/sharpness percentages on player profile screens and nowhere else. Tried both, not really viable and lasted one match with each, clicking on each player in turn to find their level before picking them.

Tangfu skin is better, although still not perfect. No percentages on the tactics screen, but it does have them on the squad screen where you can pick the team from, and you can see them during the match too in one of the info panels.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It actually happened!

They've injected £40m into the transfer budget, increased the wage budget and replaced most of the board with Russians.
How much was your original budget?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Half way through season 2 in Scottish League 2. In a 3-way battle for the title and promotion. Should be an interesting rest of the season. The games against the other contenders haven't gone too well. Drew 0-0 twice with Edinburgh, Elgin have battered us 4-1 and 5-2.

Dave_MUFC

It actually happened!

They've injected £40m into the transfer budget, increased the wage budget and replaced most of the board with Russians.
You got a consortium takeover, you lucky son of a....

Never had one happen to me before, would love it to happen if I'm one of the smaller clubs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You got a consortium takeover, you lucky son of a....

Never had one happen to me before, would love it to happen if I'm one of the smaller clubs.
First time it's happened to me too. Usually it fails at the last minute.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've decided to finally spend a bit of money. I had amassed more than £300 Million in transfer sales this window so went out and bought a new spine for my team (at great cost) to try and push for the UCL.

I reluctantly let go of Ugarte to City so I spent £90 MIllion on a guy from Derby (who always seems to get the best English regens in my experience) who is top drawer. Ugarte went for £50 Million so that's how I justified it to myself :lol:

Also got a lovely young BPD from Marseille for £55 Million and also Fabio Silva for £60 Million. That's my spending done for about 5 years now :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've decided to finally spend a bit of money. I had amassed more than £300 Million in transfer sales this window so went out and bought a new spine for my team (at great cost) to try and push for the UCL.

I reluctantly let go of Ugarte to City so I spent £90 MIllion on a guy from Derby (who always seems to get the best English regens in my experience) who is top drawer. Ugarte went for £50 Million so that's how I justified it to myself :lol:

Also got a lovely young BPD from Marseille for £55 Million and also Fabio Silva for £60 Million. That's my spending done for about 5 years now :lol:

Lambert could walk a tightrope with balance like that.

Berbaclass

Lambert could walk a tightrope with balance like that.
I’ve had 3 saves in England and now this one in Austria where Derby produce absolute world class players. It’s insane.

It’s making me tempted todo a youth save with them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Mad ending to this game :lol:

I sold Morelos for £33m in Jan and signed Muriqi on a whim really, just on loan til the end of the season as cover. He's scored 8 goals in 6 league games since.

My thinking is I'll hopefully be able to attract a better striker in the summer if I win the league/come close and do well in Europe.

Berbaclass

Liverpool and Klopp doing my fecking head in after every match trying to tap up one of my best players. Been one of my best signings for £3.5 Million.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Liverpool and Klopp doing my fecking head in after every match trying to tap up one of my best players. Been one of my best signings for £3.5 Million.

Klopp just got sacked on my game.

Berbaclass

Klopp just got sacked on my game.
He’s won 4/7 champions leagues on mine unfortunately.

I always see people saying that United are overrated on the game but Liverpool are a fecking machine on all my saves. United have at their best come 3rd.

gaz1185

Read that this morning and instantly thought of FM too... It brought back memories of having to exclude Arezo and then blame it on the admin :lol:

He’s won 4/7 champions leagues on mine unfortunately.

I always see people saying that United are overrated on the game but Liverpool are a fecking machine on all my saves. United have at their best come 3rd.
Yeah United & Liverpool are dominating domestically and in Europe on my PSV game. United have won the league twice & Champions league once (against Liverpool) whilst Liverpool have won the Champions League prior, finished runners-up to United on the last day of this season and they're due to play me in the Champions League final after they knocked me out convincingly last season. Looking at the team news for the final, I may have to send Newcastle a bonus if I win, they injured most of their attack:

Although, they still have Correa & Isak!

Berbaclass

Read that this morning and instantly thought of FM too... It brought back memories of having to exclude Arezo and then blame it on the admin :lol:

Yeah United & Liverpool are dominating domestically and in Europe on my PSV game. United have won the league twice & Champions league once (against Liverpool) whilst Liverpool have won the Champions League prior, finished runners-up to United on the last day of this season and they're due to play me in the Champions League final after they knocked me out convincingly last season. Looking at the team news for the final, I may have to send Newcastle a bonus if I win, they injured most of their attack:

Although, they still have Correa & Isak!
United on my save have won one Carabao cup and are managed by Michael O’Neill :lol:

gaz1185

United on my save have won one Carabao cup and are managed by Michael O’Neill :lol:
Oh dear! :lol: Ole, Klopp & Lampard are still going strong on mine, Pep was replaced by Bielsa, Pep then replaced Jose at Spurs and now Jose is the England manager :lol:

I did manage to get one over Ole in the Quarters of the Champions League this year though thanks to a last minute equalizer:

Berbaclass

Oh dear! :lol: Ole, Klopp & Lampard are still going strong on mine, Pep was replaced by Bielsa, Pep then replaced Jose at Spurs and now Jose is the England manager :lol:

I did manage to get one over Ole in the Quarters of the Champions League this year though thanks to a last minute equalizer:
Ole is a coach on my team on my save :lol:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I finished 10th in my first season in league 1.

I did think I'd built a league 1 calibre side when I was in the NL and so it has proved. After 7 years of not spending a penny I've sold off a fair few older players and replaced them costing around £500k.

The good news is, I'm still operating £17k a week under my wage budget. If I can make the play offs this season I'll be delighted.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Think I found a glitch.

Assistant manager got offered a job elsewhere and took it, I try to hire his replacement and it says I have to fire a member of the staff in the same role to make room for him. I no longer have one, which is why I need one and it gives me the choice to either sack my fitness coach or goalie coach who aren't my assistant manager. :confused:

Just going to do without an assistant for the rest of the season and see what happens. Goalie and fitness coach contracts both expire in the summer, I just won't renew if it's the only way round this but I don't want to fire them now. Neither deserve that and I don't want to pay compo.

Edit: No option to place an advert for a new assistant at the job centre either. The guy I tried to hire was from doing a staff search.

Last edited:

gaz1185

Think I found a glitch.

Assistant manager got offered a job elsewhere and took it, I try to hire his replacement and it says I have to fire a member of the staff in the same role to make room for him. I no longer have one, which is why I need one and it gives me the choice to either sack my fitness coach or goalie coach who aren't my assistant manager. :confused:

Just going to do without an assistant for the rest of the season and see what happens. Goalie and fitness coach contracts both expire in the summer, I just won't renew if it's the only way round this but I don't want to fire them now. Neither deserve that and I don't want to pay compo.

Edit: No option to place an advert for a new assistant at the job centre either. The guy I tried to hire was from doing a staff search.
It's not a glitch, your Assistant Manager is now classed under the coaches category (Assistant, General, Fitness, Goalkeeping), so if you're at capacity with the amount of coaches you are allowed at the club you will need to release one before you can hire a new Assistant. Before you release one, ask the board to increase the amount of coaches you can have at the club, they may say yes.