Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm at that level & yeah it's tough. Relying on my scouts finding good freebies more than ever.
I'd recommend Wilbraham for a ST - He is 40/41 but he's still quality and only around £300 max and Dion Mcghee - ex United player but quality at that level - quite pricy at £700ish but worth it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm at that level & yeah it's tough. Relying on my scouts finding good freebies more than ever.
Just trial everybody. That's how to get the best free players at that level. Also saves the money on scouting altogether.

Berbaclass

I see that as an exploit so don't use it; but it works well, yes.
I mean it’s interesting you draw the line at that. The game isn’t realistic anyway.

Do whatever makes it fun for you. Too many people get hung up on not playing ‘the proper way’.

There are countless things about the game which are impossible to know as a real manager and are technically exploits.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Easy title win in the end. McGhee was class all season.

Used the create a club mode. Didn't change anything about the club i took over apart from the name, badge, kits and stadium name. Kept finances etc the same.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Utd have bid £54m for Grealish on deadline day in Jan. I speak to him and he says he wants to play in the Champions League, so I say we can do that by the end of this season. He says he doesn''t think that's realistic.

fecking game, man. Now one of my best players is unhappy.
Once I was Man United and I wanted to pluck an unknown from the lowest division and see if I can make him a big player...

He rejects me saying that United don't meet his ambitions :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Betfred Cup in Scotland is a bit annoying, starts too early when I haven't really got my squad in place. On season 3 now and it started on 9th July.

I'm doing a no spend save but even if I wasn't I'd still be relying on a lot of free transfers at this point. For Scottish players it's not too bad as contracts are up at the end of May and players get released then. I'm finding better players in England though, and I'm not able to get all my business done between 30th June when they get released and the first game. Players I do manage to sign in time are unfamiliar with each other and unfit too.

The competition is almost like my preseason as you play 4 matches in a group stage. I'd like to be competetive though as there's relatively good prize money on offer for a club of my size.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just broke the bank for Bellingham. £90m initial fee and shitloads of add-ons paid for by my Russian sugar daddy.

Wage budget is fecked now :lol:

Berbaclass

Just broke the bank for Bellingham. £90m initial fee and shitloads of add-ons paid for by my Russian sugar daddy.

Wage budget is fecked now :lol:
Signed him a lot last year. Not seen much of him on FM21. I feel like mezzala type players are ten-a-penny on FM though. You’d be able to get similar better than him for less than that surely?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Signed him a lot last year. Not seen much of him on FM21. I feel like mezzala type players are ten-a-penny on FM though. You’d be able to get similar better than him for less than that surely?
He's still 21 and I think I need a few longer term English players of real quality to fit the quota. My foreign players have been slowly increasing to the 17 limit and I have Zaha and Henderson leaving at the end of their contracts soon.

YAMS49

I mean it’s interesting you draw the line at that. The game isn’t realistic anyway.

Do whatever makes it fun for you. Too many people get hung up on not playing ‘the proper way’.

There are countless things about the game which are impossible to know as a real manager and are technically exploits.
True yes. Most staff in the game are next to useless but I like to rely on my scouts.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Who needs Kevin De Bruyne when you've got:

I agreed to sign him a while ago but can't wait til the summer now. He looks insane.

It's the same with the Belgian keeper I got from Genk. He's my 4 star rated (5 potential) first team keeper at 19.

Chipper

Adulterer.
First time I've restricted the opponents to 0 xG/no shots in a match at all.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Do you need a decent laptop to play fm21?
Do you know the laptop's specifications?

Here's what they say is needed - https://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2020/09/football-manager-2021-system-Requirements.html

You can sometimes get away with less than they say in general when it comes to gaming.

You could also try - https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri type in the name of the game and it will download something that will scan your computer if you don't know it's specifications.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Who needs Kevin De Bruyne when you've got:

I agreed to sign him a while ago but can't wait til the summer now. He looks insane.

It's the same with the Belgian keeper I got from Genk. He's my 4 star rated (5 potential) first team keeper at 19.
LIke him. Love the work rate.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
5th, 5th, 5th, 2nd and finally I've won the league :D And some other trophy too..

Duvan Zapata scored an 89th minute goal that sealed the league. He's a really good back-up striker if anyone is looking.

Tsygankov and Gouiri really transformed my attack along with DCL but it was young Tayo Aderamola who scored the winner in the CL final. I've nurtured him all the way, and yes I realise that's not his photo but the script thing gave him that face :lol:

Lost the FA Cup final to Utd or I would've won the treble. Second time I've lost the final to Utd.

The domination starts now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’ve got FM fever. Sat at work and all I can think about is who to try and sign on loan this season for League 2.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The CWC has come around with half my squad on holiday, so that's fun.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Jordan Henderson has spent the whole season telling me he's worried he's not good enough any more and he wants to find a new challenge. I just offered him to other clubs and he becomes angry with me for doing so and says there are no players better than him at the club.

The game has so many shit broken things like this in it.

Berbaclass

Jordan Henderson has spent the whole season telling me he's worried he's not good enough any more and he wants to find a new challenge. I just offered him to other clubs and he becomes angry with me for doing so and says there are no players better than him at the club.

The game has so many shit broken things like this in it.
Always wait for them to hand in a transfer request in the scenario.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I had similar with Diego Souza (no idea who he was before the DOF signed him). He had two decent seasons as my main striker but then decided he was home sick. He wanted to leave and handed in a transfer request, fine.

However, he was 33 (I think) and was worth £8m, I tried to sell him for value, no takers, £5m? Nope. Loan? Nope. Free? He rejected a contract (in fairness, it wasn’t to a club back home). Anyway he’s having a shit fit because I didn’t do enough to sell him.

He has a year left so I guess I’ll just let him run his contract down but he’s turned a couple of players against me the bastard

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Found an absolute gem in Romania. Just need to get a work permit now so might offer a high wage to help him qualify.

Chipper

Adulterer.
A third of the season in and it's going very well.

Lost the first 2 when the team were still gelling, the only other defeat was 1-0 away at Morton with 10 out 11 second-string players starting as I wanted to freshen things up due to fixture congestion.

Made the quarters of the Betfred Cup but got battered by Rangers 5-1. Just disappointed it was at home and not away as that would have been a nice payday. Also in the quarters of the SPFL Trust Trophy and have to be one of the favourites for it, especially as we have a pretty good looking draw at home to Kelty Hearts who are a division below us.

Edit: Actually Celtic reserves are in that Trust trophy, hmmmm. They're probably a lot better than us. Still going to go for it.

Berbaclass

Gonna have a go at a fun little glory hunter type save on FM Touch as a bit of relief from my main Austria Wien save. Holidaying a year in first though because it always feels a bit strange to start in a transfer window where everyone has already technically done their business.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can someone help me with the FM regen face pack?

I follow the instructions, generate it with my text file and then it doesn’t change the faces in game. Am I missing a step that I need to do after clicking generate to get them to change in game?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can someone help me with the FM regen face pack?

I follow the instructions, generate it with my text file and then it doesn’t change the faces in game. Am I missing a step that I need to do after clicking generate to get them to change in game?
Did you reload the skin?

diarm

I just got a new monitor for working from home. It's nice and all for working on - not having to hunch over the laptop for hours on end.

But it's an absolute game changer for Football Manager. I'm not sure how I ever played without it!

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I always find the first season of any club to be a chore, I love building my own squad but its hard to get any action pre-season as any non premiership club has like no money to spend. Argh!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just got a new monitor for working from home. It's nice and all for working on - not having to hunch over the laptop for hours on end.

But it's an absolute game changer for Football Manager. I'm not sure how I ever played without it!
Yeah it’s class :lol: can’t go back

Ludens the Red

Utd have bid £54m for Grealish on deadline day in Jan. I speak to him and he says he wants to play in the Champions League, so I say we can do that by the end of this season. He says he doesn''t think that's realistic.

fecking game, man. Now one of my best players is unhappy.
5th, 5th, 5th, 2nd and finally I've won the league :D And some other trophy too..

Duvan Zapata scored an 89th minute goal that sealed the league. He's a really good back-up striker if anyone is looking.

Tsygankov and Gouiri really transformed my attack along with DCL but it was young Tayo Aderamola who scored the winner in the CL final. I've nurtured him all the way, and yes I realise that's not his photo but the script thing gave him that face :lol:

Lost the FA Cup final to Utd or I would've won the treble. Second time I've lost the final to Utd.

The domination starts now.
Well done on the league win but your “Premier Division” and “Euro
Cup” are starting to stress me out :lol:
What stresses me out even more is that I know you know how to get the fix, is that a deliberate choice ?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Two-thirds through the season. Seem to have streaky results, in the last 12 games we lost 3 in a row, won 7 on the bounce, now a draw and a loss back to back.

Just lost my best central defender for 9 months with a broken leg, not exactly ideal. Managed to get a free agent in on a short-term contract until the end of the season who actually might start even though he only wants to be a fringe player.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well done on the league win but your “Premier Division” and “Euro
Cup” are starting to stress me out :lol:
What stresses me out even more is that I know you know how to get the fix, is that a deliberate choice ?
I did have the fix at one point but apparently every time SI update the game it replaces the fix files again so you have to re-do it. I did re-do it the other day tbf :lol: