Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Two-thirds through the season. Seem to have streaky results, in the last 12 games we lost 3 in a row, won 7 on the bounce, now a draw and a loss back to back.

Just lost my best central defender for 9 months with a broken leg, not exactly ideal. Managed to get a free agent in on a short-term contract until the end of the season who actually might start even though he only wants to be a fringe player.
This would enrage me. I keep getting my best players injured before big finals and it winds me up every time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wouldn't it be nice if they could check a goal and it actually be a goal instead of 100% being disallowed.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Picked up my Lokomotive Leipzig save again after a good while. Third season in the third tier now but should finally be going up to the 2. Bundesliga, nine points clear of dropping out of automatic promotion in January.

Had the option to make a B team at the start of this season, so just did so and shoved it full of a load of low paid free agents. Months later I find out that it's automatically delegated all contract decisions to my assistant who has of course now made a naff B team centre half one of the highest paid players at the club with a guarantee of 'important player' playing time. :mad:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’ve lost to Milan 3 years in a row in the Coppa Italia final. I don’t overly care for the cup but it’s now becoming an obsession. If I win it against anyone else it won’t be the same :mad:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've now won two EFL Cups, 1 Premier League, 1 Champions League, the Community Shield and the UEFA Super Cup.

Palace have me down as 'Favoured Personnel'. :lol: Cheers lads, is that it?

Lay

I've now won two EFL Cups, 1 Premier League, 1 Champions League, the Community Shield and the UEFA Super Cup.

It seems to take forever to be a legend for a club. I still have massive disdain for Villarreal after they named their new stadium after Marcos Senna and not the manager who won them multiple CL’s and La Ligas..

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
10 years ago today. I was right not to sign him, currently playing in the 3rd tier of Spain.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Ungrateful swines!

Just having a look at their managerial legends and icons on my save for comparison . Steve Coppell (legend) - longevity I suppose but you've trounced his achievements. Malcolm Allison (icon) - got relegated twice but invented their blue and red stripey kit and got them to an FA Cup semi final.

You need to design a new kit for them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ungrateful swines!

Just having a look at their managerial legends and icons on my save for comparison . Steve Coppell (legend) - longevity I suppose but you've trounced his achievements. Malcolm Allison (icon) - got relegated twice but invented their blue and red stripey kit and got them to an FA Cup semi final.

You need to design a new kit for them.
Yeah Coppell is literally there because he managed them like 4 times. But apparently winning a CL and PL double isn't as good as that :lol:

Even Tayo Aderamola is an icon at 21 because he scored the winning goal in the CL final but that makes sense. Mine doesn't.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The stars feck me off in this game. One week Tsygankov is a 4.5 star player and the next he's only 4? Why? Nothing changed.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Going up to the Scottish Championship, in previous versions that was a bit of a leap, not so easy to go straight up again. Mind you, I didn't I didn't expect back to back promotions this season so who knows? Board want us to make the relegation play-off (finish second bottom) next season.

Hopefully we can turn professional at this point and look to improve off the pitch soon too. Might try and get a youth team instead of just reserves, perhaps hire some better staff. Don't really have money to improve facilities and stadium expansion probably isn't needed just yet even though we only have capacity for 1500. Average attendance this past season was 900-odd, expecting regular full houses this upcoming year then possible expansion the season after although we might have to wait until we're in the top-flight for a bigger stadium where I think it will be required because of the rules.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Didn't think the work permit thing would impact the lower leagues that much but it does and it is fecking annoying.

Minkaro

I was just watching a video series where a guy made "the perfect striker" and put him at a non-league club and holidayed through the seasons.

In the third video, he'd dragged them up to the Premier League, scoring ~40 goals each season. And he was only an icon!

Lay

Why are players incapable of knowing we have games in hand. So I’m 7th with Fiorentina after two league titles in a row, we are 7th because of the CWC so we are 2-3 games behind the rest. I’m 7 points off first and 2 points off 4th. Yet the players had a shit fit and asked me to change my tactics!

Why don’t they suggest me one then!?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Are players less easy to appease in this year's game when talking to them or am I imagining it? Could be because I'm not high profile yet and/or because I still have high player turnover so they don't build up respect for me but still, seems harder overall.

Just into the 4th season, all meetings about playing time have been unsuccessful so far. "Blah blah is in the form of his life" used to work for me, not in this game. I think there used to be a "be patient" option that I'm just not seeing too.

Players wanting to leave when I reject a bid seem to be harder too. "I don't think you'll get the playing time you want" used to work for me often, not now. Agreeing to sell for a specific price is working but then I still have to fulfill that promise or I have an angry player on my hands. "Will sell you when we find a replacement" seems to be working for now too but I don't know what happens if I fail to find a replacement, I'm not even trying to find a replacement for the player I said that to this window.

Only had one player saying he wants to play for a bigger club so far with no actual transfer bid coming in, he just wanted to go because he was wanted. I did the old "there has been no bid yet, no point talking about it now" thing, and again that used to work for me often but he wasn't having it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Are players less easy to appease in this year's game when talking to them or am I imagining it? Could be because I'm not high profile yet and/or because I still have high player turnover so they don't build up respect for me but still, seems harder overall.

Just into the 4th season, all meetings about playing time have been unsuccessful so far. "Blah blah is in the form of his life" used to work for me, not in this game. I think there used to be a "be patient" option that I'm just not seeing too.

Players wanting to leave when I reject a bid seem to be harder too. "I don't think you'll get the playing time you want" used to work for me often, not now. Agreeing to sell for a specific price is working but then I still have to fulfill that promise or I have an angry player on my hands. "Will sell you when we find a replacement" seems to be working for now too but I don't know what happens if I fail to find a replacement, I'm not even trying to.
It's essentially a broken part of the game. Only after winning the CL do my players now back down when wanting a new contract, all I have to do is try to speak to them about it and they suddenly say the fact that I spoke to them is good enough :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
It's essentially a broken part of the game. Only after winning the CL do my players now back down when wanting a new contract, all I have to do is try to speak to them about it and they suddenly say the fact that I spoke to them is good enough :lol:
Used to love "Even if we wanted to give you a new one the club can't afford it" while we have 400m in the bank. :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Really nice win for me on this save, Aberdeen away in the league Cup.

First win against a SPL side in a fantastic game where my goalie saved an injury time penalty. They had a chance after that too.

It's great for us financially as well. Had about £150k in the bank before the match, half the gate on an 8747 attendance gave us £100k or so and going through means we get £65k guaranteed if losing in the next round instead of 38k so the win was worth about £127k to the club. £127k pays the player's wages for 18 weeks.

Better still the draw for the next round had been made before playing this match and I knew the reward for winning was Celtic away. Daren't guess the attendance, but that's going to do even more for us.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
6 seasons with Aberdeen and I have won 2 SPL league titles, 3 Scottish Cups and 1 Scottish League Cup. I won the first of the SPL titles in my 3rd season and the second title in my 6th season.

At the start of the 7th season I have finally made it to the CL group stages for the first time, I am over the moon. Just been given £9m for getting to the group stage and obviously will make a lot of match day revenue and prize money after each group stage match. Hopefully I can make enough money from qualifying to invest smart enough to keep getting to the group stage every season, because I am sick of selling my best players to earn enough money.

I have spent £20.5m on players so far in 7 years of transfer windows and made £88m so I am clearly doing it the right way, but CL football might let me take the next step and win back to back SPL league titles and beyond.

I have Chelsea, Sporting and Shakhtar in my group, quite likely I will be knocked out of the group, but my target (maybe not being ambitious enough) is to finish 3rd to at least have EL football to fall back on. Sporting are my bogey team, I have got to the CL qualifying playoff 3 times and Sporting beat me in 2 of them.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Just requested for the board to expand the stadium because it is at full capacity every game, they agreed to expand it, I was buzzing. They then say it will cost £5.75m and it is only being increased by 3354 :houllier::lol:. That is a joke, I might as well have just invested the money into a top youth prospect to sell on for a profit.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Got beat 2-0 in the quarter finals of the Betfred Cup away at Celtic but brought in £440k as our share of the gate. That's enough to pay players for 63 weeks, the season is going to be hugely profitable. I imagine we'll turn pro soon now and unless the board do something silly with the money beyond my control we're bound to have much more to spend on player salary next season.

On the pitch things are shaping up nicely too.

YAMS49

How do you set up a false 9?
If you're playing with two wingers then one inside forward on support & one inverted winger/winger on attack would be my advice. Don't put the IF on attack as he will crowd the space of the F9. Alternatively you could APA on one side or even raumdeuter if feeling adventurous. Ideally you have a MezA or CMA from centre mid on the side of the IWA/WA.

Play through the middle, shorter passing & perhaps dribble less to encourage more passing.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Right. I'm going in to the last 14 games of the season and I'm leading the way at the top of League 1. But I play a midfield three and for whatever reason they have a dark orange relationship between them. Team spirit, morale and results are OK, bit it's bugging me. Any ideas?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Right. I'm going in to the last 14 games of the season and I'm leading the way at the top of League 1. But I play a midfield three and for whatever reason they have a dark orange relationship between them. Team spirit, morale and results are OK, bit it's bugging me. Any ideas?
I think it just means it's not fully developed yet, no?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
No its the relationships line I think. Green being really good to red meaning they hate each other I think?
I think a solid line is always positive chemistry (green being better). I believe negative chemistry comes up as a broken/dotted line.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I think a solid line is always positive chemistry (green being better). I believe negative chemistry comes up as a broken/dotted line.
Right OK. You'd think in my 8th season I'd have figured this out by now :lol:

They're not playing poorly so it's not a huge deal. I'm just aware that if I can go up I'll be in championship next year and I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hover over it and it should tell you.