Gaming Football Manager 2021 (FM21)

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
OK, bought, downloaded, added logos (triangular though, I think I much prefer rounded ones) and added the real names fix. Ready to start my first save when I get to work tonight.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This guy is my favorite ever player in any FM game I've ever had. Simply an astonishing player.

Berbaclass

CL first KO round. TIe on a knife edge.

Just imagine how much I'm screaming at my computer for Mwamba to pass here :lol:

YAMS49

On a related note, morale has such a ridiculous impact on team performance. After the above incident i had a few games where the squad morale was “average” or “fairly good” rather than perfect and.... fecking hell. Nobody can manage a simple 5 yard pass, the GK literally may as well not be there. It’s ridiculous. Fair enough players have an off day, but this was too much.
Yep, it's known as Morale Manager in some quarters for a reason. As I mentioned earlier today if you keep morale high and have a solid tactic then you are halfway there. Post match team talks are crucial for morale. ALWAYS say unlucky in a defeat and praise to the hilt passionately in victory.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
CL first KO round. TIe on a knife edge.

Just imagine how much I'm screaming at my computer for Mwamba to pass here :lol:

this is FM, of course he didn't pass it. My guess is he took it to the touchline, made a right turn and either had it knocked out for a corner or shot it right at the keeper.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So this is the most amazing interaction I have ever had in an FM save:

The setting: I get offer for 28 yo Player Y from Spurs. Big money. Player says he wants to go. Sale completed, everyone happy.

AssMan: Player X is looking unhappy, you might want to talk with him.

Me: Sure, why not. PLayer X, what going on man?
Player X: You sold Player Y, he was my best friend on the team.
Me: That's too bad. I am sure there are other players you can be friends with.
Player X: I don't want to be friends with them. Player Y was my best friend.
Me: I am sorry to hear that but this is a business and the player wanted to go.
Player X: I am very disappointed you let him go.
Me: I need you to be a professional and move on.
Player X: You have not handled this properly, goodbye!

Player X is now angry and insulted. He is missing training and no team will even take him on a free.

Am I running a football team or a high school?

Berbaclass

this is FM, of course he didn't pass it. My guess is he took it to the touchline, made a right turn and either had it knocked out for a corner or shot it right at the keeper.
He actually passed and Rene the player who was free scored the winning goal :)

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
200+ goals is impressive even though the level of some of those teams must be shocking.
Yeah, I've had a look at a couple of them, it's a bit grim. I might actually reverse-cheat and bump up a couple of their youth intakes etc.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I am very much liking the look and feel of touch so far.

I'm just about to start messing with my tactics and then I'm going to try the 3D match engine for the first time since 2014.

Berbaclass

Have to admit, when I paid £85 Million for this guy I almost instantly regretted it and thought I had made a big mistake. He has since played 81 games and scored 103 goals and is the current Ballon d'Or winner (the first regen to win it in my game after Mbappe and Haaland have been exclusively sharing it)

He is insane

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Throughout many years of FM, I swear playing Barcelona at home is one of the easiest games for me. Nou camp is another story but I moved to Valencia in January. First game against Barcelona I win 7-0. Then played them in the cup and won 6-1. I’ve always destroyed them in La Liga. Maybe it’s their style of play not suiting the ME or something

Chipper

Adulterer.
Oh come on! They're trying to stop us winning the title.

Edit: Just been thinking of what to do - going full strength in the 2 cup games, full rotation for the league games barring goalies. Got to gamble that we'll come through. No idea why that Motherwell match can't be on the Sunday, next match after that is the second leg against Dortmund on the following Thursday. Well it is for now, the league split happens after the Motherwell match and the last 5 games get scheduled then. They better not put another one in before the second Europa leg.

Last edited:

MattofManchester

I haven't seen a player getting downgraded like AWB within 6 months. Unreal drop in stats.

It doesn't even make sense why. He's arguably still the same player ffs.

Annoying that they choose to drop Bruno's positioning as well, just because he plays as a 10.

Kinky Melinky

I am trying to use tactics I downloaded from Steam. They are in my documents folder but when I go to load tactics within the game the folder appears blank. I saw others online complaining about this but no solution. Anybody on here find a way around this?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Very close to winning the title but came up short.

Beat Rangers 2-1 to go 2 points ahead of them with 4 games reaming and better goal difference than them. 10 points out of 12 would have guaranteed the title. Smashed Aberdeen 5-1 away then came a tricky away match at Celtic which ended in a 2-2 draw. Rangers won both games so the two of us are level on points but we're top on goal difference. with 2 to play We play Hearts away and it's a really drab 0-0 despite me going ultra attacking in the second half, both teams had xG of less than 0.50. Meanwhile Rangers wallop Celtic 5-1 to take the lead by 2 points. Title race still alive going into the last match but I need Rangers to drop points at home to Hearts and for us to beat Dundee. We both have big wins, them 5-1, us 4-0 and the tile stays at Ibrox for the second year in a row.

For finishing third Celtic sack Julen Lopetegui just like they sacked Neil Lennon for doing the same the season before. Both were really prickly with me so I'm glad.

Good season overall, not just because of coming close to winning the league but we won both domestic cups. Hibs in the Betfred before Christmas and we took a little of revenge against Rangers in the Scottish Cup, beating them on pens after a 2-2- draw. We're so closely matched with them.

Also had a takeover in March and they pumped some money in. As we're committed to not spending a penny in the transfer market we've now got a lot to spend on wages for free transfers. As we're doing UK and Irish players only too I might not even be able to spend it all,, there's not always been a wide selection of players that I want.Could always take some more loan signings on big wages. The club's reputation must be skyrocketing too, as we're now winning stuff, going to the quarters of the Europa 2 seasons in a row, our new stadium opens next season and when the board took over they boosted the youth facilities. I asked them to upgrade the training facilities at the same time and they agreed. Everything is shaping up.

Dan_F

I spent a while sorting out the skins and stuff last night, the OPZ one that was recommended cuts off half the tactics screen before a match. Won’t bother doing that again! Also didn’t realise that the facepacks and logo files would be so big, think I’ve only got 20GB storage free, so that went out the window.

In the game I’ve started in the Slovenian league, got a shit draw in the Europa against Wolfsburg, but doing well in the league.

Made a rookie error and forgot that Serbian players are non EU (when I played on 2020 they joined a few years after, so it didn’t matter), now I’ve got six foreign players with a max of three per league game.

Meller

Has anyone played this on their phone? I don't have a tablet but kind of want to try it out. If it's no good I'll stay away though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Both with a slight drop in potential for God knows what reason.
Seems like SI gave in to people complaining about Manchester United and did the wrong thing.
Did they? I think there wasn't any change in Greenwood's potential after this patch. It's still the same.

roonster09

Scout
It doesn't even make sense why. He's arguably still the same player ffs.

Annoying that they choose to drop Bruno's positioning as well, just because he plays as a 10.
Exactly. You have to play as shit as TAA to get such a drop but Liverpool players barely had a drop.

Chipper

Adulterer.
How come nobody wants to poach my players?

The highest profile one was worth £8m with a £5m (foreign clubs) clause through the January window and nobody came for him. The same player also had similar twice before. Something like 125k when he was worth 300 and 800k when he was worth 1.2m.

A DM I've got twice went over his too and this past season I had about 4 players with higher values than their minimum fee. Signed 3 of them up to better contracts eventualy, but that was March and we had the warnings about the contracts around November/December time. Complete silence throughout the January window. On one hand I'd be annoyed a little if I lost players like that, on the other I'm almost offended that nobody wants to come in for them!

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Well, I definitely should have bought Touch a lot sooner.

The match engine is great compared to when I opted to go 2d only years ago. Lots of tiny little details that could easily go unnoticed. Very impressive.

I started OK. I wanted to be Weymouth and try and work my way up similar to the mobile save I was playing. I'm currently 10th after 21 games. I score for fun, averaging 3 or so a game, but I'm conceding a lot as well. I can't seem to find the league table with goals for and against displayed? I can only see GD. Am I doing something wrong?

I think I prefer a percentage displayed to see how match fit my players are. And I don't know if it's just my clubs set up or not, but I much prefer the only reserves and youth teams in a drop down menu, I'm not a huge fan of this development centre feature.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How come nobody wants to poach my players?

The highest profile one was worth £8m with a £5m (foreign clubs) clause through the January window and nobody came for him. The same player also had similar twice before. Something like 125k when he was worth 300 and 800k when he was worth 1.2m.

A DM I've got twice went over his too and this past season I had about 4 players with higher values than their minimum fee. Signed 3 of them up to better contracts eventualy, but that was March and we had the warnings about the contracts around November/December time. Complete silence throughout the January window. On one hand I'd be annoyed a little if I lost players like that, on the other I'm almost offended that nobody wants to come in for them!
Your rep might be a bit too low still?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone started a save on the new update yet? I think I’m going to start one with Deportivo after winning the PL on my conference save.

roonster09

Scout
Is genie scout worth downloading? Is it cheating?
I will use generic SI line. "Its not cheating, its your game and you can play as you want" Also it's only cheating if you are using it in multiplayer.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I will use generic SI line. "Its not cheating, its your game and you can play as you want" Also it's only cheating if you are using it in multiplayer.
OK thank you.

My biggest problem is looking at stats and history of players and overestimating how good they will be. I'm sticking to staying under my wage budget too so getting players in is hard work.

Berbaclass

I agree, but I don't think Mason, Marcus or AWB were players who deserved those downgrades.
I don't really think it's a big issue. It's a small tweak in the case of Greenwood which is mostly fair. Maybe slightly harsh on Rashford. AWB probably didn't deserve to be adjusted in the way they have.