g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Football Manager 2024

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What a bloody player Joao Neves is :drool:

Took a big punt on him as my biggest ever signing (£95 Million) as I sold a few players for big money and he's outstanding and most likely will get even better.

Chipper

Adulterer.
The makings of a rivalry developing here:

Chelsea actually won the treble last season, didn't even realise at the time as we finished a point behind them as runners up. Played them in the community shield this season so at least 6 meetings between us. Maybe more to come in the FA Cup or latter stages of the CL. Jamie Vardy managing them, Evan Ferguson going strong up front for them.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Would it be any good to play as a Saudi team manager, only ever signing Saudi Arabian players to go against the influx of foreign players the other Saudi clubs are signing? To never sign anyone from the Premier League etc. Aim would be to win the Saudi League and Asian equivalent of the Champions League, fighting against Ronaldo etc. Thinking it might be a fun little alternative save.

I'm 13 years in the future, and the Saudi league is actually producing quality national team players. Just secured this bloke on a free who will join in the summer:

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Starting to think that whoever made this pyramid mod has nerfed Celtic and Rangers because they've been dreadful for two seasons in a row now.

Berbaclass

Would it be any good to play as a Saudi team manager, only ever signing Saudi Arabian players to go against the influx of foreign players the other Saudi clubs are signing? To never sign anyone from the Premier League etc. Aim would be to win the Saudi League and Asian equivalent of the Champions League, fighting against Ronaldo etc. Thinking it might be a fun little alternative save.

I'm 13 years in the future, and the Saudi league is actually producing quality national team players. Just secured this bloke on a free who will join in the summer:
Cool idea. Probably be a decent challenge too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I tried getting back into my save but I won the Quintuple right before going travelling for two weeks so those two things combined have made it really hard to get back into it :lol:

I think I'll just leave it there. I achieved what I wanted.

St Margaretsbury in 2023:

St Margaretsbury in 2036:

Berbaclass

Something really annoyed me today.

Signed Kroupi from Lorient the young French wonderkid and he signed for me on his 19th birthday so I can't have him as club home-grown :mad:

Going to just change it in the editor if I have him for 3 years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
7 losses for City and Liverpool already?

I'm noticing this a lot, the top teams lose a lot more than previous FM games.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Darren Ferguson won the Europa Conference league with Aberdeen on my FM21 save. Maybe he will manage United soon..

TheGame

I tried getting back into my save but I won the Quintuple right before going travelling for two weeks so those two things combined have made it really hard to get back into it :lol:

Wow, that is amazing. Haven't been keeping up with the new versions, didn't realise it went below conference north/south.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wow, that is amazing. Haven't been keeping up with the new versions, didn't realise it went below conference north/south.
It doesn’t. I downloaded a database that went down that far.

Berbaclass

7 losses for City and Liverpool already?

I'm noticing this a lot, the top teams lose a lot more than previous FM games.
We’re taking points off each other. Been a really weird season in that way.

I’ve also bottled it massively.

Chipper

Adulterer.

Definitely achieved legacy status there. You could have gone on to win more, but either way the club has a bright future. That stadium, that bank balance. A nice place to end it if you do.

You could resign and run the game into the future to check, I know some do for fun. But either way, that club's set now. Not necessarily going to dominate English football forever but should definitely win trophies here and there, and there's only so low they could ever realistically fall to in the FM universe. One of the big boys now.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Definitely achieved legacy status there. You could have gone on to win more, but either way the club has a bright future. That stadium, that bank balance. A nice place to end it if you do.

You could resign and run the game into the future to check, I know some do for fun. But either way, that club's set now. Not necessarily going to dominate English football forever but should definitely win trophies here and there, and there's only so low they could ever realistically fall to in the FM universe. One of the big boys now.
Yep. Happy with that. Some of the regens I have there have incredible potential so they’d no doubt win way more.

Herman Toothrot

I'm guessing they named the stadium after you?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Yep. Happy with that. Some of the regens I have there have incredible potential so they’d no doubt win way more.
I'm not quite there with my Fairford Town team. More work to be done!

Just about to win our first major honours, but we're still a season from moving into our own stadium and that's only going to be 23k. Need an expansion on that, then a second new stadium before I'd have secured the club as a big one.

In 2037, so it's going be a longer save than yours. Probably about another 5-6 seasons. Bit tired of it now, but I'd feel that's when it's complete.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm not quite there with my Fairford Town team. More work to be done!

Just about to win our first major honours, but we're still a season from moving into our own stadium and that's only going to be 23k. Need an expansion on that, then a second new stadium before I'd have secured the club as a big one.

In 2037, so it's going be a longer save than yours. Probably about another 5-6 seasons. Bit tired of it now, but I'd feel that's when it's complete.
Just a warning, if you did already get a new stadium the game won’t let you get another new one for ten years.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just a warning, if you did already get a new stadium the game won’t let you get another new one for ten years.
Cheers! Not what I wanted to hear but thanks anyway.

I know it used to be 20 but I'd thought they'd done with any sort of minimum wait for a new one now.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Nice season, collecting our first major trophies.

PL - won
CL - won
FA Cup - runners-up
Carabao Cup - semi finalists
Community Shield - won

Continuing to develop this rivalry with Chelsea. They were 2nd in the league, we beat them in the Champions League final and Community Shield. They knocked us out of the Carbao Cup and won that.

Could have done the treble. Had the better of the game vs. Liverpool but trailed. Took it to extra time with a very late equaliser only to concede a penalty and lose it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nice season, collecting our first major trophies.

PL - won
CL - won
FA Cup - runners-up
Carabao Cup - semi finalists
Community Shield - won

Continuing to develop this rivalry with Chelsea. They were 2nd in the league, we beat them in the Champions League final and Community Shield. They knocked us out of the Carbao Cup and won that.

Could have done the treble. Had the better of the game vs. Liverpool but trailed. Took it to extra time with a very late equaliser only to concede a penalty and lose it.
Hah I had Marcelo Correa too I think. Unless it’s a different one. I can’t remember if he was a regen.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Euro 2032 just happened in my save. Hosted in Scotland and Wales. Thought I would check who won....

Could you fecking imagine the carnage :lol: good grief.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Euro 2032 just happened in my save. Hosted in Scotland and Wales. Thought I would check who won....

Could you fecking imagine the carnage :lol: good grief.
It gets worse...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Hah I had Marcelo Correa too I think. Unless it’s a different one. I can’t remember if he was a regen.
Probably one of those 'faceinthegame' newgens.
Possibly! They always seem to generate as good players rather than rubbish ones.

My one is decent, think he's maxxed out his capabilities and I've got a squeeze on now when it comes to younger players coming through. May well sell him. Was playing him as an IF on att from the right.

He's been really good for me but perhaps tailing off already, at least in the league. Was a big hero of my CL campaign though, scoring a hat-trick away at PSG in the semi final as we won the 2nd leg 5-0 on the back of a 3-1 home defeat.

Had 9 players to cover the attacking front 4 and there's another on the way soon. He could be one of a couple I let go.

Think this guy has just about surpassed him and is much younger.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Found my next save! Saw 2 or 3 weeks back on reddit, someone was still playing FM23 and had won the SPL with Ross County, where everyone in the squad had Ross in their name.

I think TomFM saw it too as he's recently put up a video of the same challenge.

He just sims his seaons as far as I know, but I want to grind it out and play it.

Don't think I'll do Ross County, but there's others out there. Barry Town with a team full of Barrys or Frankfurt with Franks got mentions in the comments. I've separately seen someone being challenged to play as Stevenage with a team full of Steves. I've thought of Peterbrough, Peterhead or Zenit St. Petersburg with Peters.

Now I would allow myself a bit of leeway to include different languague versions of the name. Stevenage could include Steffen, Stefano, Estaban. The Peter team could include Pedro, Pierre, Piotr etc. Last names too - Stephenson, Stevens, Peterson, Pedersen etc.

100% doing this next.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Received a random bid in the Jan window for a back up full back off Newcastle. £35m rising to £46m after 20 apps. Wasn't looking to sell, but that was good money for a soon-to-be 29 year old in that position and it said they were his preferred destination. Never usually make a parting comment to a player when leaving - wished him luck and he said if he had it his way he wouldn't be going.

Then don't accept the contract! :confused: I know I didn't fight to keep him so maybe he thought he wasn't wanted but players reject moves all the time.

Loaned someone in from Chelsea for the rest of the season to cover him. Got a couple of young full backs out on loan but they can't be recalled at the moment.

Flying Fox

Promotion secured in Norway with two games to go. Games against 2nd and 3rd to determine the title.

Unfortunately, Riki Alba has no interest in re-signing, so that's a blow

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Received a random bid in the Jan window for a back up full back off Newcastle. £35m rising to £46m after 20 apps. Wasn't looking to sell, but that was good money for a soon-to-be 29 year old in that position and it said they were his preferred destination. Never usually make a parting comment to a player when leaving - wished him luck and he said if he had it his way he wouldn't be going.

Then don't accept the contract! :confused: I know I didn't fight to keep him so maybe he thought he wasn't wanted but players reject moves all the time.

Loaned someone in from Chelsea for the rest of the season to cover him. Got a couple of young full backs out on loan but they can't be recalled at the moment.
It's only ever players you actually want to sell that reject contracts. Usually after you've made a promise to sell them. Then that promise is broken and half the squad gets pissed off.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
My island-of-Ireland only project with Shamrock Rovers is beginning to hit the rocks in my 2nd PL season (began the save in League Two). Miraculously finished 6th in my first season but despite getting Evan Ferguson on loan this season, I'm struggling for goals and struggling even more to sign any other decent Irish/N. Irish players permanently that would push me up to the next level. Most of them want me to improve my standing in the league first but y'know, chicken and the egg etc. Had a decent start to the season so I'm not doing awful (currently 12th) but I'm nine games without a win now and running out of ideas. I do have a Carabao cup final to look forward to though after I did a Dortmund v PSG to City over the two legs.

Team is 6 teenage regens plus Conor Coventry, Liam Delap, Andrew Moran, Jamie Donley (loan) & Evan Ferguson (loan), so I'm hoping if I can keep us in the PL for a couple of more years that those regens will live up to their potential and drive us on.

In better news, a new 30k capacity stadium is being built and they've named it after me, which is nice, even if it's in Tallaght.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
My island-of-Ireland only project with Shamrock Rovers is beginning to hit the rocks in my 2nd PL season (began the save in League Two). Miraculously finished 6th in my first season but despite getting Evan Ferguson on loan this season, I'm struggling for goals and struggling even more to sign any other decent Irish/N. Irish players permanently that would push me up to the next level. Most of them want me to improve my standing in the league first but y'know, chicken and the egg etc. Had a decent start to the season so I'm not doing awful (currently 12th) but I'm nine games without a win now and running out of ideas. I do have a Carabao cup final to look forward to though after I did a Dortmund v PSG to City over the two legs.

Team is 6 teenage regens plus Conor Coventry, Liam Delap, Andrew Moran, Jamie Donley (loan) & Evan Ferguson (loan), so I'm hoping if I can keep us in the PL for a couple of more years that those regens will live up to their potential and drive us on.

In better news, a new 30k capacity stadium is being built and they've named it after me, which is nice, even if it's in Tallaght.
I found this in my Scotland save and in terms of Scottish players for HGC or HGN status. The level just doesn't go up enough within the first c. 10 years so you're really struggling to get any which are going to be starting players.

Chipper

Adulterer.
It's only ever players you actually want to sell that reject contracts. Usually after you've made a promise to sell them. Then that promise is broken and half the squad gets pissed off.
True! The most common contract rejections are on loan to buy offers for me.

They'll ask for a loan because they're not getting first team football. A loan-to-buy offer then comes in, they say they're interested in speaking to the club who made the offer as it potentially involves sealing a permanent transfer, and they end up rejecting it at least half the time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm doing a Bolton save currently and I found this young German lad called Can Uzun who is absolutely quality. :drool:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Slight moral dilemma here even though it's only a game. My PC froze this morning just after we'd lost the CL final and having completed a domestic treble.

Got to go back and replay the FA Cup final, the 2nd leg of the CL semi, and from the point the league table looked like this:

Winning the league again will be no problem. Should be able to replicate at least making the CL final as we're 3-0 up from the first leg with a visit to the Etihad looming. Originally drew that 2nd leg 1-1.

Would feel like savescumming if we did the quad, but I don't like the thought of possible having to replay the 2 cup finals a few times to emulate what happened if it came to that either. Can't be arsed.

Think I'll just replay everything once and take whatever happens, even if we lose both cups.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes

Well, clearly my players read my posts on here because we turned it around almost immediately and ended up finishing 6th while winning a Carabao Cup and Europa League double. Ferguson has now agreed to join permanently but I'm still struggling to convince the stronger Irish/N. Irish players to want to sign for me. Ireland have just announced their provisional 30-man quad for the Euros and 19 of them play for me :lol: