Gaming Football Manager 2024

Chipper

Adulterer.
Promised my left back I'd sell him for £123m if we got an offer that high.

The game is treating it as a promise to try and actively sell him for that amount. I never said that! Thought it would be a case of doing nothing and accepting an offer if it came in, had no intention of offering him to clubs.

Flying Fox

Anyone else had a go at TheMadScientists 07/08 DB? Currently giving it a bash as United - good fun so far.

Had some injuries early on in the season (impressed theyve managed to re create Louis Saha out of tissue paper for this) - Dong Fangzhuo scored a hattrick against Derby

Chipper

Adulterer.
Anyone else had a go at TheMadScientists 07/08 DB? Currently giving it a bash as United - good fun so far.

Had some injuries early on in the season (impressed theyve managed to re create Louis Saha out of tissue paper for this) - Dong Fangzhuo scored a hattrick against Derby
Sounds appealing! I don't know where to go for my next save so retro-databases could be good for me.

Only on my second save. Did a Scottish one with Motherwell, wanting to break the old firm dominance and did that.

Problem, if you can call it that, is that for my second save I've gone on an extended English database and started with a team in the 9th tier. Yet to win the Premier League or even any major domestic trophy but we're getting to the stage where we're not far off at all. Finished 8th then 4th in the our first 2 seasons in the PL and should qualify the the CL again. Won the Conference League when we were in that.

It's just that if I do conquer England, going from the lowly ranks right to the top there's not much fun to be had doing a regular United save, or even another Premier League or Championship club save. I'd already have done something more difficult. So yeah, retro database does sound good!

Chipper

Adulterer.
Like I was saying in the last post, feel close to winning the premier league.

Got some young players in here who can develop further. Think I might just be waiting for Haaland to retire :lol: He's still blasting them in aged 35. Starting XI, playing a 4-2-4 DM Wide:
Goalie

Right back (might switch to DM in the future)

Central defender (BPD)

Cental defender (BPD)

Left back

DM (su)

DM (su)

RW (IF at)

LW (IF su)

Complete forward (Su)

Advanced forward (At)

saik

Got some young players in here who can develop further. Think I might just be waiting for Haaland to retire :lol: He's still blasting them in aged 35. Starting XI, playing a 4-2-4 DM Wide
Honestly, the entire spine of your team is made up of average players. I'd say it's a miracle you are pushing for the Premier League with that GK, CBs and one of the DMs. :lol:

Also, convince your hardest to get that LB to sign a new contract.

Abizzz

I haven't been playing the newest one(did play 2023), but had a thought concerning football manager in general this morning:

Did time overtake football manager? Everybody I know used to want to produce a Fergie-esq career with their favourite club. Back when Fergie was in the middle of his carreer it wasn't usual for anyone to stay gaffer for decades(which is what made him and a few select others special besides the success) but it wasn't normal to have 3 different head coaches for multiple PL teams every year and most other teams changing once.

Did the focus of players change and I just didn't notice? Would people enjoy a football manager where they only got to do realistic length stints at their club?

*Only talking Sega football manager here.

Last edited:

Nickosaur

Got some young players in here who can develop further. Think I might just be waiting for Haaland to retire :lol: He's still blasting them in aged 35. Starting XI, playing a 4-2-4 DM Wide:
Your centre backs should not be assigned as ball playing defenders with those stats :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Honestly, the entire spine of your team is made up of average players. I'd say it's a miracle you are pushing for the Premier League with that GK, CBs and one of the DMs. :lol:

Also, convince your hardest to get that LB to sign a new contract.
I wouldn't say we're pushing for it right now, might not even make the top 4 this season! Currently 5th at the end of January but only 3 points off 2nd and had some stupid results where battered teams and drew or lost. 8 points behind the leaders City, and if old man Haaland wasn't having a great season we'd be closer. Finished ahead of them last season.

It's more that we have some promising squad players and are making good money now for transfers so in 2 or 3 seasons might well be there.

I like my 'keeper :lol: but CBs and DMs are definitely a weak point. Left wing too. One problem is the European competition rules. That left back becomes our first trained at club player next season so he's important for that reason too, and we only have 7 trained in England players. One of the CBs, one of the DMs and that left winger. Means I'm a little restrcicted in terms of who we can sign until more players qualify, or I'm going to have to target trained in England players for transfers but they cost a lot! Have only been able to name 22 players for the European squad this season.

The youth setup is lagging behind too due to jumping up the leagues quickly so they've provided nothing so far to help with that problem, not even players who I'd offer contracts to just to be nice so we can help coach them towards a future career in the Vanarama Leagues. Building it up as fast as I can but it's a slow process.

2 or 3 more seasons though, and I think we get there.

Your centre backs should not be assigned as ball playing defenders with those stats :lol:
Passing 10 & 9
Vision 9 & 8

I bet it chaos trying to play out from the back :lol:
I did move away from BPD for a while and was talking with @saik about it on my way up through the divsions. It just seems to what people do so have gone back to it, kind of getting away with it.

Keep getting post-match interviews asking how I feel about winning despite having less posession. :lol:

Chipper

Adulterer.
This this league is so tight, and was last season too. Another reason to be hopeful of winning it soon!

Just knocked Barcelona out in the last 16 of the CL 3-1 on aggregate. 2-0 at home in the first leg and got a 1-1 draw over there.

FA Cup 5th round next match, Southampton (A) - 2nd in the Championship.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Getting close and actually kind of bottled it.

Good season though and won manager of the year. The top class left back we've got did a clean sweep of the awards; player of the year, Young POTY and Player's POTY. Our goalie won the golden gloves with 18 clean sheets.

About to lead England in Euro 2036. It will be my one and only tournament with them. Resigning afterwards as international management isn't much fun.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
In 2nd in the Scottish Championship currently, 8 points off Falkirk so would be a feat to catch up and win the title. We are in the Viaplay Cup final which has really helped our finances. We were teetering on the brink at one point with around 5k in the books but now we've pumped that up to 500k.

Big Andy

Bloke
I'm 20 years into my FM24 Mobile career now, and it's just all too easy with United. Trebles nearly every season, and I've got so much money it's pointless as I just buy anyone I want, usually just blow it on one player a season to replace older players when needed. I've just been offered a place on the board via the Achievements for staying 10 years and winning a shitload, so I'm now unsackable, and they've just increased the Tena for Men Stadium up to 110,000.

I would quit and drop down a league or take on a project but I'm fully invested in my team that I've built over the years and I've just had a youth player wonderkid with my surname (so I'm his Dad now) come through the ranks so I want to stay on an elevate him to greatness. I'm limited to 30 years on the mobile version though, so I will only see him into his late 20's.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Getting close and actually kind of bottled it.

Good season though and won manager of the year. The top class left back we've got did a clean sweep of the awards; player of the year, Young POTY and Player's POTY. Our goalie won the golden gloves with 18 clean sheets.

About to lead England in Euro 2036. It will be my one and only tournament with them. Resigning afterwards as international management isn't much fun.
They could really do so much more with the international management side of the game. It's extremely neglected I feel. Like you, I took over Ireland in the 2030s and got bored of it very quickly.

My all-Ireland Shamrock Rovers team have made it to the PL and are pushing for a European spot as it stands. Hoping I make it so I can start looking at signing Evan Ferguson. I already had the best youth recruitment in Ireland before I took over and I've improved that and it's starting to reap the benefits now that I'm pushing up the leagues. The Irish youth teams are littered with players from my u18s and u21s.

Chipper

Adulterer.
77 points seems low for the title?
Certainly by real-world standards these days. I think it's a thing that can sometimes happen in FM if you go a good few years into the future. The AI is poor at transfers, a lot of the top players from when the game started begin to get old or retire, and you can end up with many closely matched teams.

The division had a weird split as the bottom few were very poor too. 'Boro (26 points) and Crystal Palce (29) stayed up. There was then a big gap to Everton on 40.

It was of course once was the case that scoring around 2 points a game could be enough, more often in the 80s and before that. Happened occasionally more recently too. Our Treble winners with 79, Arsenal the season before that on 78 and us just before that on 75.

Late 90's to mid 2000's La Liga had 5 or 6 champions with the same kind of point tallies and somehow Deportivo La Coruna won it with 69 in one of those years. Maybe we'll return to that kind of thing one day but right now it does look strange.

They could really do so much more with the international management side of the game. It's extremely neglected I feel. Like you, I took over Ireland in the 2030s and got bored of it very quickly.

My all-Ireland Shamrock Rovers team have made it to the PL and are pushing for a European spot as it stands. Hoping I make it so I can start looking at signing Evan Ferguson. I already had the best youth recruitment in Ireland before I took over and I've improved that and it's starting to reap the benefits now that I'm pushing up the leagues. The Irish youth teams are littered with players from my u18s and u21s.
Yes, nothing much to do, and I'd hate to solely be an international manager. Only things that happens is injury updates to the players in squad and notifications that young players are considering switching allegiances.

Ferguson is still smashing them in on my save, amazing player. Hope you can get him!

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Midway through my first season with Buckie Thistle, sitting 2nd in Scottish 4th tier. My ultra no-nonsense 4-4-2 is virtually unstoppable at his level. Just ugly as feck, long ball to the big man Pulis-ball. Spartans are top with a game in hand, and they seem unbeatable. They're the only team who have beaten me this season, and it was a drubbing.

The fake-Twitter thing that pops up at the team selection screen is mad. According to fans, my team is wrong every week, and every time there is someone saying "Why is [insert one of my two best players] starting again?!". Football fans on the internet are stupid. All of them.

Flying Fox

So I've ripped this idea off a Clayts video he put up recently (to run alongside the united retro save) - do a save, managing in a country for each letter of your name. Only move on once you've won the top league in that nation

Well, me first name starts with N - so I'm off to Norway, managing Fredrikstad in the second level. Squad looks ripe for a 4-4-2, so will see how we get on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
So I've ripped this idea off a Clayts video he put up recently (to run alongside the united retro save) - do a save, managing in a country for each letter of your name. Only move on once you've won the top league in that nation

Well, me first name starts with N - so I'm off to Norway, managing Fredrikstad in the second level. Squad looks ripe for a 4-4-2, so will see how we get on.
Off to Iceland and Croatia and then Kazakhstan?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
:lol: :nervous:

But yes something like that. Vanilla db though, less chance of things bricking later on, so Kazakhstans out. Thinking Korea (of the Southern variety)
:lol:

Iceland is a fun league and save. Played it a few times now on a journeyman.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Got knocked out in the Euro 2036 semis by Germany 1-0. Bad game. "Won the xg" 0.84-0.68 and they scored off a set piece on 82 minutes. Resigned immediately as planned.

Think we're done with signings for the new season nice and early, not a massive amount happening as we're still a small club in a tiny stadium and it's hard to get the truly top players yet as we can't afford their wages or the huge transfer fees but did make what for us is a statement buy.

Bought this striker for his £30m release clause that was activated after Bristol City got relegated. Our record transfer fee, and on £145k a week he's by far our best paid player, next highest is on £83k. Wouldn't normally sign a 27 year old for big money but I'm trying to push towards trophies now and he's got that English tax. Needed an English trained player.

Youngish central defender from Real Sociedad for £25.5m. Once again we'll be using him as a BPD without the best passing or vision. :lol:

Swiss wonderkid for £12.75m release clause from Young Boys. Not exactly sure where he'll fit in as our right winger cutting in from the left has been one of our most dangerous players and that's where he'll be best. Immediately training him up to cut inside like that. Suppose he'll be rotation option there at first with a view to taking over the position in a few of seasons. Maybe the odd game as an emergency striker or could play him up top if drawn against poor teams in the cups.

Moving our starrting right back from last season into defensive midfield for this campaign so needed a new right back. Got this guy from Spurs for £9m.

Here's our former right back/new DM.

Also signed 4 18/19 year old players with promise for small fees. Still not figured out the best way to move forward with these kind of signings. I've been keeping them in the u21s for one season, giving them a very small amount of first team action before starting the loan cycle. I'm not sure that's the best way to develop them over going out on loan straight away but I only carry a 22 man starting squad and always need a few extra players for depth. We teach them English, integrate them a little and then start the loan process.

Sold off our oldest non-English trained central defender to Saudi for £36m. I'll miss him as he was a danger on set pieces.

With our right back back moving to DM, and another young DM coming through, sold one of our rotation options in that position to Freiburg for £14m rising to £17m.

After splashing out for the new striker, managed to offload one of our rotation options to Saudi for £34.5m. Everyone's happy with this deal. Only had him for 6 months after picking him up for free so it's pure profit, he wouldn't have played for us now and he's just gone from £40k a week to £425k.

Got this striker currently in negotiations for a £8m move to either Palace of Fiorentina. Not the best price for him but needed to shift him on. He spent the second half of last season on loan at Verona.

Got this young winger about to go out the door for £4.4m to Real Betis. Again maybe not the best price for him but I don't think he's going to make it here after a couple of loans to League One and he's in the last year of his contract. Pure profit again as we picked him up for nothing when he was released by United aged 18.

Also finally shifted yet another striker who was on £54k a week. Was starting up front for us in our first PL season and scored 10 in the league, then had a loan at Championship Fulham, folowed by a year out injured. He's 31 and was in the last year of his contract but that's about £2.8m off the books in wages. Got a fee of £875k for him off Pisa.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
@Chipper you may have already said so earlier in the thread, but how do you have player photos for such young players in the year 2036? Is there a generic photo pack for regens kicking around?
I use a large photo pack of AI generated faces.

It's a little complicated to get to grips with at first, but once you get the hang of it doesn't take too long. You could replace the each year's youth intake with it for the whole game, but to save a little time I do it every 2 or 3 seasons because the players won't really be showing up as major players in the game when they're 16 or 17.

You'll need:

- The facepack itself
- A tool called NewGan Manager, which is the tool used to swap the faces from the ones the game creates to the ones you have downloaded
- A search filter that will show all the regen players in the game as they're the ones you want to swap (this search filter comes with NewGan manager)

I got the facepack and the NewGan manager from here - https://github.com/Maradonna90/NewGAN-Manager/releases

Instructions are here:
https://beta.fm-base.co.uk/articles/sagkrzealand-facepack

There are other facepacks out there, that some people prefer. The one I use has 100k faces, but I've seen a smaller one that I actually think looks better with 36k faces. You could find that here:
https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/33/ultra-realistic-newgan-faces-megapack

There's also a little video tutorial on that page, and other tutorials on Youtube too. www.sortitoutsi.net also have facepacks for staff members that you can put into the game in the same way. For some reason it didn't work for me the one time I tried it, but I've seen other people who are using them in their saves so I probably just did something wrong.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

It's a little complicated to get to grips with at first, but once you get the hang of it doesn't take too long. You could replace the each year's youth intake with it for the whole game, but to save a little time I do it every 2 or 3 seasons because the players won't really be showing up as major players in the game when they're 16 or 17.

You'll need:

- The facepack itself
- A tool called NewGan Manager, which is the tool used to swap the faces from the ones the game creates to the ones you have downloaded
- A search filter that will show all the regen players in the game as they're the ones you want to swap (this search filter comes with NewGan manager)

I got the facepack and the NewGan manager from here - https://github.com/Maradonna90/NewGAN-Manager/releases

Instructions are here:

There are other facepacks out there, that some people prefer. The one I use has 100k faces, but I've seen a smaller one that I actually think looks better with 36k faces. You could find that here:

There's also a little video tutorial on that page, and other tutorials on Youtube too. www.sortitoutsi.net also have facepacks for staff members that you can put into the game in the same way. For some reason it didn't work for me the one time I tried it, but I've seen other people who are using them in their saves so I probably just did something wrong.
Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a go. Would be great to not have regen pictures in the game, some of them are the stuff of nightmares.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Third season in the SPL. What a weird one. Neither Celtic or Rangers even had a strong European campaign. They were just bloody dreadful all season.

Flying Fox

Halfway through season 1, and it's been ... annoying.

Started off well winning first three, then hit some patchy form. Had a run of six wins on the spin (including the cup). But now pissing away games. Losing 4-0 away to Ranheim for instance. Been playing 4-4-2 for the most part

Thumping Stabaek 7-1 in the cup wasn't on my bingo card either :eek:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a go. Would be great to not have regen pictures in the game, some of them are the stuff of nightmares.
Did you figure that out yet, got it working?

Third season in the SPL. What a weird one. Neither Celtic or Rangers even had a strong European campaign. They were just bloody dreadful all season.
Nice, but yes, weird how much the old firm have fallen away there. How's it going for your team in Europe?

Chipper

Adulterer.
Going well for me so far in the current season. Chelsea do have a game in hand, but we're top so far and have had plenty of fixtures against big teams. Took the bold leap of starting a fully rotated XI in our 2 CL games so far, plus away at United in the Carabao Cup. Still unbeaten in all competitions.

I find my teams usually improve during the season so with things starting this well I'm optimistic for a potential first PL title.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Did you figure that out yet, got it working?
Got the files downloaded, but not had chance to do the rest yet, should hopefully have some time this weekend. Instructions look fairly straight forward so should hopefully come together. Looking forward to not having those dead-behind-the-eyes regen guys looking at me anymore.

Edit: IT WORKS! Those are the oldest looking 16 year olds I've ever seen :lol: but still 10000x better than the alternative.

When you repeat the process in a couple of seasons time, does it replace the faces of the regens who already have a new face, or does it keep those ones?

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
About to enter the run-in, and it's a tight 3 horse race for the League 2 title. Spartans just won't slip up

Except against me, in the cup. Which was annoying. I played them back to back, they slapped me around in the league game, and 4 days later I did the same in the cup tie. I played the same 11 in both too.

I did manage a great cupset in the previous round, an SPL scalp. 2 shots on target, 2 goals. 18% possession. A proper shithousing

I'm in the quarters of the Cup, the old firm have been drawn against each other, and I've got Ayr Utd who are in the division above, semis are a real possibility.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Made the semi finals, but got bitched by Celtic. Decent cup run, even though I only played 1 top flight team before the Celtic tie.

Title race went down to final day:

I had to go up via the playoffs, the playoff final was a comfortable win vs Queen of the South, but the semi final was bananas:

I won the first leg 5-2, conceding 2 goals in stoppage time. Clyde levelled the score on aggregate in stoppage time of the 2nd leg, after I had 2 goals disallowed in normal time. Had to score twice in extra time to see them off.

We're going up, and turning professional. We'll be able train every day, and have more than 2 coaches. 'Mon the Buckie!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Started a game with Southampton and decided I want to focus on youth development and the youth academy. Smashedthe Championship with record points/goals and also won the EFL Cup in my first season.

Second season is also going pretty well :lol:

Flying Fox

You'll need:

- The facepack itself

Instructions are here:

Managed to get this working for players, but for staff its a nightmare I havent figured out yet

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nice, but yes, weird how much the old firm have fallen away there. How's it going for your team in Europe?
Decent. Got to the Last 16, still trying to improve everything at the club including facilities so it will be a grind.