Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
If Arsenal win or draw I’ll be claiming my 11 straight winning bet..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Everton at 3.25 are hugely generous odds I think. We've been absolutely terrible for ages, and I'm not confident we'll turn it on at Goodison of all places.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Wow that PSG Bench today:
Buffon
Draxler
Cavani
Di Maria
Neymar

Considering going PSG -1.5, should hit back after two embarrassing losses. odds dropping though might wait and see live.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Wow that PSG Bench today:
Buffon
Draxler
Cavani
Di Maria
Neymar

Considering going PSG -1.5, should hit back after two embarrassing losses. odds dropping though might wait and see live.
I’m on Monaco +2 asian pre game after the odds dropped. Psg lineup is really average and been so poor defensively last couple games, they can’t stop counters at all. Mbappe the only threat til subs. (Never won a bet on French football though)

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I’m on Monaco +2 asian pre game after the odds dropped. Psg lineup is really average and been so poor defensively last couple games, they can’t stop counters at all. Mbappe the only threat til subs. (Never won a bet on French football though)
Wouldn't be surprised to see Monaco grab a couple, your analyzis has been spot on, horrible defending by PSG at times, but Monaco got M'bapped...

Embarrasing to see the PSG midfield barely tracking back on counters.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Spurs -1.5 over Brighton seems good value at 2.11
Would think so, yes, but the amount of games for Spurs and their lack of squad debt is a worry. BHA been very poor for a while now, but will they be able to put up more of a fight now that they're in a relegation scrap?

If line stays might try to get something on it when Spurs lineup is out....

Last edited:

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Johanna Larsson at 2.62 to beat Margarita Gasparyan(WTA Istanbul)

Margarita has only played 8 games on clay since 2016 and has lost all 8 games.

ROFLUTION

Would think so, yes, but the amount of games for Spurs and their lack of squad debt is a worry. BHA been very poor for a while now, but will they be able to put up more of a fight now that they're in a relegation scrap?

If line stays might try to get something on it when Spurs lineup is out....
My reasoning would be that Brighton have Newcastle at home 4 days later, and that's where they're going to invest most of their powers in the relegation-battle.

Brighton has looked terrible in defence lately. Lucky not to lose to Wolves (Jota had 4-5 big chances) and form says LLLLLD. They've scored 0 goals in their last 6, which also adds to safety.

Two goals for Spurs should be reasonable, given that they play at their new stadium, and have won 4-0 against similar side Huddersfield, and 2-0 over Palace. I don't think Spurs will field a weak team in attack - I think it's more likely next match (West Ham), where they play Ajax just 3 days after. Either way, if both teams are gonna rotate, Spurs have the best width.

Danny Roberts

Everton at 3.25 are hugely generous odds I think. We've been absolutely terrible for ages, and I'm not confident we'll turn it on at Goodison of all places.
Yup, I was on this big time. They have been very good at home for a while and showed it again. Loss at Fulham and strange 0-2 to 3-2 at Newcastle aside they've been solid for a while. Unlike us.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
My reasoning would be that Brighton have Newcastle at home 4 days later, and that's where they're going to invest most of their powers in the relegation-battle.

Brighton has looked terrible in defence lately. Lucky not to lose to Wolves (Jota had 4-5 big chances) and form says LLLLLD. They've scored 0 goals in their last 6, which also adds to safety.

Two goals for Spurs should be reasonable, given that they play at their new stadium, and have won 4-0 against similar side Huddersfield, and 2-0 over Palace. I don't think Spurs will field a weak team in attack - I think it's more likely next match (West Ham), where they play Ajax just 3 days after. Either way, if both teams are gonna rotate, Spurs have the best width.
I'm convinced, agree with all that!

Norwegian Obos-league 1500 CET:
Nest-Sotra 3.07 @ KFUM-Oslo is too high. Nest unlucky with some results, should have 9 of 9 points, have played really well dominated opposition in first 3 games. Got a deserved win last match, finally breaking their scoring duck.

KFUM should be decent at home and play football the right way, but newly promoted and should find themselves in relegation fight. 1 point in 3 matches so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Odds on Villa keep rising. No Abraham, but no Thompson for Millwall. Think Villa will get their 10th straigth, AH -1 @2.28 seems high to me?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yup, I was on this big time. They have been very good at home for a while and showed it again. Loss at Fulham and strange 0-2 to 3-2 at Newcastle aside they've been solid for a while. Unlike us.
Just wish I'd put on more.

Anna Landrum

Only seconds away there with Peterborough, unlucky! 3/4 Still very good though, especially considering odds!:)

Now onto Norwich -1 @1.79 medium stake
Yes, sir. Luckily I had them "Yankee".

Going for some high odds today as well:

Middlesbrough to win at Nottm Forest @ 2.50
Gillingham to win at Bradford @ 2.7
Leeds at Brentford @ 2

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Some more bets for later today:

Kristiansund 1.82 vs Ranheim - Kristiansund strong at home, Ranheim struggling after selling best players and silencing all critics with overachieving last season. (medium)
Start 2.20 @ Sandnes - I will play against Sandnes a lot of games this season, see previous posts. Start just got rid of manager and among favourites for promotion.(Medium)

Haugesund 1,86 vs Stabæk - Haugesund strong at home, Stabæk plays at a horrible pitch at home which favours them, poor side even if they beat Rosenborg last match.(Medium)

Rosenborg -1 @2.22 vs Strømsgodset - League favourite Rosenborg been awful first 3 games 1 point. Strømsgodset lost at home to relegation favourite Mjøndalen last game and looked awful. Think Rosenborg will turn it around now. (Low)
Norwich 2.00 @ Stoke - Norwich 3 straight draws, some unlucky decisions gone against them. Stoke 3 wins in 22 - but a lot of draws so would prefer -0,25 line but too short. (Low)

Villa bet ended a push, disappointing with 9-1 in shots on target, also some dangerous free kicks and chances just at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Bad day yesterday, all picks marginally or clearly better on xG, and they all except one drew, bastards!

Todays:
Odd 1.8 vs Viking (Med)
Watford 2.30 vs Saints (Med)
Leipzig -1 2.07 @ Hamburg (Med)

relx

Frnkie Sys
Considering Vitesse +2.5 and AZ-Heracles under 3.5 goals for tonight. Not sure if Ajax will go all out especially with the upcoming semi-final next week.

11 out of 15 away games ended under 3.5 goals for Heracles so I'm leaning towards that.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Spurs to win @ 1.5
Went over 24.5 shots for spurs, already had 11, odds 1.66, either it's 0-0 for ages and they're unlucky to not score, and pop loads of shots of, or they go 1-0 and Brighton leave themselves open the counter. Brighton need to win so will just leave themselves more and more open imo.

madRedDevil07

Went over 24.5 shots for spurs, already had 11, odds 1.66, either it's 0-0 for ages and they're unlucky to not score, and pop loads of shots of, or they go 1-0 and Brighton leave themselves open the counter. Brighton need to win so will just leave themselves more and more open imo.
Good bet. 17 shots already and we are at 50 mins mark.

madRedDevil07

NBA accumulator treble @3.3
1. Raptors vs Magic under 214.5
2. 76ers vs Nets over 222.5
3. Portland trailblazers money line vs thunders

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Double chance is pretty pointless, very unlikely to end up a draw. If its a draw late on, City will have everyone up and should either score or concede on the counter. Better off just staking Win.
Sound logic. Draw it is then :lol:

Draw no bet is 4.33.

Horrible game to bet on, probably an in play for me.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Atlético 1.92 Vs Valencia - AM best home side in la liga.
Espanyol - Celta o2.5 @ 1.77 - Aspaaaas!

Might put something on Utd, odds are ridiculous, and I am heavy on City for league. Feel you'll show up and City has looked vulnerable last matches.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I fancy either pogba or matic to be booked if either of them play, after wobbling their guns the other day about the defeat I expect both of them to go for it with some crunching tackles.

Pogba red card maybe.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I'm on Valencia 0.5 and Wolves 0 tonight.
Tempted to join on Wolves. Was on Watford +0.5 last week which was a great bet. Arsenal so poor away, I think it'll be similar to United Wolves FA Cup game, they should be a fair bit better, risk of pace on counter the only real worry.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Tempted to join on Wolves. Was on Watford +0.5 last week which was a great bet. Arsenal so poor away, I think it'll be similar to United Wolves FA Cup game, they should be a fair bit better, risk of pace on counter the only real worry.
Thirded, no Auba should reduce threat of counters as well.....

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On over 2.5 goals in Barcelona u19s v Chelsea u19s tomorrow. Also took BTTS both halves at 13/1, over 4.5 goals etc. Should be a really good watch, Barca can't defend and don't play to scorelines so if they go 1/2-0 up they don't use game management. Chelsea are okay defensively but struggle against good attacks and Barca's is excellent. Think it'll end 2-2/3-2 either side. Had some on Chelsea double chance as well, it's a 50/50 game for me, so should be about 5/4, 6/4 for either side to win. Hopefully it's like the Barca City semi last year, was one of the best games I've ever seen. Neutral venue in Nyon so both should be nice and attacking.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
On over 2.5 goals in Barcelona u19s v Chelsea u19s tomorrow. Also took BTTS both halves at 13/1, over 4.5 goals etc. Should be a really good watch, Barca can't defend and don't play to scorelines so if they go 1/2-0 up they don't use game management. Chelsea are okay defensively but struggle against good attacks and Barca's is excellent. Think it'll end 2-2/3-2 either side. Had some on Chelsea double chance as well, it's a 50/50 game for me, so should be about 5/4, 6/4 for either side to win. Hopefully it's like the Barca City semi last year, was one of the best games I've ever seen. Neutral venue in Nyon so both should be nice and attacking.
Thanks man, backed that.

Also might stick something on Atalanta or goals in tonights cup game vs Fiorentina. Dunno how much Atalanta will prioritize the game when they are in a race to qualify for the CL.

Norwegian womens handball tomorrow:
Molde vs Larvik at 2.60 seems like a good bet. Won the first game of the series(best of 3) away 21-24. Molde an up and coming side/club, Larvik on a downward spiral loosing their best players due to bad economy.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone here use the Betfair Exchange? Was really surprised to see they charge a +/-5% commission on top of the price you get on winning bets, thats BS!:mad:

Matchbook the same? See they generally have better prices.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone here use the Betfair Exchange? Was really surprised to see they charge a +/-5% commission on top of the price you get on winning bets, thats BS!:mad:

Matchbook the same? See they generally have better prices.
It's 5% commission but the overround is generally smaller so prices are still better than most bookies. Other exchanges have lower commission but they also have much lower liquidity, which means lower prices generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.