Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
It's 5% commission but the overround is generally smaller so prices are still better than most bookies. Other exchanges have lower commission but they also have much lower liquidity, which means lower prices generally.
Thanks for the feedback! I don't know if it's because my stakes aren't that high(normally 50-300€) so I'm within bookies limits, but(and I am really picky about getting best odds) I find that I consistently get better odds than Betfair EX even before the comission is charged. I use 8 different bookies regularly, only missing Betfair, WH and BWIN/Betway as they will not accept my bets.

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

Thanks for the feedback! I don't know if it's because my stakes aren't that high(normally 50-300€) so I'm within bookies limits, but(and I am really picky about getting best odds) I find that I consistently get better odds than Betfair EX even before the comission is charged. I use 8 different bookies regularly, only missing Betfair, WH and BWIN/Betway as they will not accept my bets.
Betfair will often have better odds after the commission, especially on longer odds stuff. If you're finding loads where bookies are better you should lay it off at Betfair. Some good money to be made arbing.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Betfair will often have better odds after the commission, especially on longer odds stuff. If you're finding loads where bookies are better you should lay it off at Betfair. Some good money to be made arbing.
I've placed maybe 1 out of 30 bets with Betfair Exchange, I find that one of Coolbet, Marathon, Nordic, Pinnacle or Expekt normally have better odds, even before I was aware of the comission. By your logic, it would be much more profitable to use matchbook? Looks to me like they have a payout around 1-2% higher on most bets, for ex. 1.5% on the premier league when I checked now. They also advertise with "no comission", don't know if that's just a grace period.

I generally don't do arbing as it's important to me to keep my range of bookies for best odds, don't want any of them to throw me out! If I were to try it, I guess in a liquid market that fits my betting pattern, I would just place at bookie and place a set price order, at an exchange?

Edit: Would be optimal to place at exchange first, and then buy at bookie closer to k/o, but guess it will be much harder to find opportunities that way....

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Just use a broker that gives you access to Matchbook and Betfair. I pay 2.3% commission on Betfair.
Is that with Mollybet (Sport market)? I switched across fully to Molly a few weeks ago. Think the prices displayed on mines are after commission so no idea what % it is. Broker I'm using doesn't get any bets voided with Sing either but minimum stake for it is £1k, handy for pre staking stuff at early prices though.

Pagh Wraith

Is that with Mollybet (Sport market)? I switched across fully to Molly a few weeks ago. Think the prices displayed on mines are after commission so no idea what % it is. Broker I'm using doesn't get any bets voided with Sing either but minimum stake for it is £1k, handy for pre staking stuff at early prices though.
The prices you see on the trade page are after commission, i.e. the net price. After you've placed the bet the betbar as well as the bet history show the price before commission, though. The commission is charged a day later usually. On Sportmarket that is, I assume it's similar on all Molly clients. The commissions vary though from broker to broker I think. On Sportmarket it's definitely 2.3%: https://www.sportmarket.com/pro/commissions/#1

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Just use a broker that gives you access to Matchbook and Betfair. I pay 2.3% commission on Betfair.
I tried AsianOdds for a while, but wasn't really into their interface so I didn't refill account. However, I think some or most of the brokers that UK based players use isn't available for Norwegian based ones, will have to look into it.
Perhaps I've assumed to much, I've just used Oddsportal/Oddspedia to pick from bookies with the best odds along with matchbook/BFEX which are also listed, so a lot of good tips and solid info on here!:)

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Is anybody looking at the Barca V Chelsea UEFA youth league game tonight, 5pm kick off?
On over 2.5 goals in Barcelona u19s v Chelsea u19s tomorrow. Also took BTTS both halves at 13/1, over 4.5 goals etc. Should be a really good watch, Barca can't defend and don't play to scorelines so if they go 1/2-0 up they don't use game management. Chelsea are okay defensively but struggle against good attacks and Barca's is excellent. Think it'll end 2-2/3-2 either side. Had some on Chelsea double chance as well, it's a 50/50 game for me, so should be about 5/4, 6/4 for either side to win. Hopefully it's like the Barca City semi last year, was one of the best games I've ever seen. Neutral venue in Nyon so both should be nice and attacking.

Pagh Wraith

I tried AsianOdds for a while, but wasn't really into their interface so I didn't refill account. However, I think some or most of the brokers that UK based players use isn't available for Norwegian based ones, will have to look into it.
Perhaps I've assumed to much, I've just used Oddsportal/Oddspedia to pick from bookies with the best odds along with matchbook/BFEX which are also listed, so a lot of good tips and solid info on here!:)
AsianOdds' interface is kind of hideous, true. :lol:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
On a few bets tonight:

Pool - Hud u3 @3.65
Norwegian women handball
Molde Vs Larvik @2.62 (1.95 now in Norway)
Acc: Tertnes/Storhamar/Kristiansand @2.54

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On over 2.5 goals in Barcelona u19s v Chelsea u19s tomorrow. Also took BTTS both halves at 13/1, over 4.5 goals etc. Should be a really good watch, Barca can't defend and don't play to scorelines so if they go 1/2-0 up they don't use game management. Chelsea are okay defensively but struggle against good attacks and Barca's is excellent. Think it'll end 2-2/3-2 either side. Had some on Chelsea double chance as well, it's a 50/50 game for me, so should be about 5/4, 6/4 for either side to win. Hopefully it's like the Barca City semi last year, was one of the best games I've ever seen. Neutral venue in Nyon so both should be nice and attacking.
Games exactly as expected, Redan missed 2 big chances for Chelsea, another one cleared off line. Barca had good chances as well. No idea how It is only 1-0 ht.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
2-2 ft, both main bets won. Annoying nothing on correct score. Btts both halves should have won pretty easily as well, 12/1 was mental.

Game played out as expected until the last 20 when Barca sat on the lead for the first time ever, thankfully cost them.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Liverpool were 4/6 to keep a clean sheet, backed that a few minutes ago. Huddersfield have actually made a decent enough start but I felt that those odds are pretty generous.

2-2 ft, both main bets won. Annoying nothing on correct score. Btts both halves should have won pretty easily as well, 12/1 was mental.

Game played out as expected until the last 20 when Barca sat on the lead for the first time ever, thankfully cost them.
Excellent shout, nice one mate. Had BTTS in a pre-game double which came in and backed Chelsea to score another at 9/4 in-play and got on over 3.5 goals at evens a bit later.

Marty1968

Porto!!!! Fecks sake!! 2 up with 5 mins to go. Draw was about 50/1 with 70 mins gone so must've been about 100/1 woth only a few mins to go. Feck Feck!!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Played a 2/3 with Barca(w), Leicester and Villa, only a Villa goal away from a big win in the end(they were a man down though).

Put a 25€ free bet on Burnley @21, and a medium bet on goals in Nest-Sotra - Ull/Kisa. Might put a few bob on Chelsea too @2.83, think with Utd having to win it, It'll play into Chelseas hands.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Staked Chelsea U19s win tomorrow at 2.1 v Porto.
Don’t really rate Porto, they’ve had such an easy run to the final. Had the weakest group and played Spurs reserves, Midjytland and Hoffenheim (who were missing some players). I’ve opposed them a couple of times and lost so hopefully it’s not just a case of me underrating them.
Chelsea and Barca were easily the two best Semi Finalists, was planning on betting whoever went through out of those two. If Chelsea play well they will definitely win. Biggest worry is they have started slow a couple of games and Porto are very fast starters but they die off after first 15, if you can avoid conceding in that time you’ve got a great chance of beating them.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Vålerenga - Odd o2.5 in Norway tonight, high stake.

I really like Spurs tomorrow, @2.6 now, and at Bet365 who pays out at two goals up as well. I haven't really rated Bayern(earlier in season), Real or Juve when Ajax played them, all relatively old and slow teams living on past glories. I think Ajax will struggle with Spurs style of play and especially the pressure. Might put a little on Spurs winning by 2-3 clear goals as well.

Obviously I am not objective here, but wednesday I am heavy on LFC @ 4,8(got in early), with a small hedge on draw). If Firmino isn't ready I will get out early as well!(massive drop in quality). I also would have liked Gomez to be ready and playing, as he is far superior to Matip and Lovren when the ball is on the floor. I think our playing style could be a nightmare for Barca, if they don't get an early lead, and 4,8 was very generous IMO. Messi is always a worry, but hey that's why it's called gambling?!:lol::nervous:

haram

Staked Chelsea U19s win tomorrow at 2.1 v Porto.
Don’t really rate Porto, they’ve had such an easy run to the final. Had the weakest group and played Spurs reserves, Midjytland and Hoffenheim (who were missing some players). I’ve opposed them a couple of times and lost so hopefully it’s not just a case of me underrating them.
Chelsea and Barca were easily the two best Semi Finalists, was planning on betting whoever went through out of those two. If Chelsea play well they will definitely win. Biggest worry is they have started slow a couple of games and Porto are very fast starters but they die off after first 15, if you can avoid conceding in that time you’ve got a great chance of beating them.
Porto 1-0 up. Any value on backing Chelsea still?

Danny Roberts

Vålerenga - Odd o2.5 in Norway tonight, high stake.

I really like Spurs tomorrow, @2.6 now, and at Bet365 who pays out at two goals up as well. I haven't really rated Bayern(earlier in season), Real or Juve when Ajax played them, all relatively old and slow teams living on past glories. I think Ajax will struggle with Spurs style of play and especially the pressure. Might put a little on Spurs winning by 2-3 clear goals as well.

Obviously I am not objective here, but wednesday I am heavy on LFC @ 4,8(got in early), with a small hedge on draw). If Firmino isn't ready I will get out early as well!(massive drop in quality). I also would have liked Gomez to be ready and playing, as he is far superior to Matip and Lovren when the ball is on the floor. I think our playing style could be a nightmare for Barca, if they don't get an early lead, and 4,8 was very generous IMO. Messi is always a worry, but hey that's why it's called gambling?!:lol::nervous:
0-0 in Norway. Think I may have jinxed your bet.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
0-0 in Norway. Think I may have jinxed your bet.
Looks more like my bet isn't good enough, sorry if you copied it man! Boring first half as well, home side created a couple chances. Fingers crossed for second half!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I wasn't aware that Son is out for Spurs, so I'll stay away. Smells like a low scoring game now, so just put a 25€ free bet on 0-0 at 11 to 1, and a 5€ free bet on 1-0 to make the game more interesting to watch....

Status
Not open for further replies.