Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
My dear Bencic playing at Eastborn WTA @12 CET. Cried at the court Sunday, expect big swings and looking to take advantage if she is a break up. Was looking to speculate against Kenin had the match gone yesterday, but a days extra rest after Mallorca win should have done her well. Putinseva to put up a figth against Bertens, but if Bertens goes through will bet on her against any top player, as she has absurd record against them, 15-3 vs top 10!:eek:

Edit: Danilovic playing as well in Wimbledon qualifier today, she is mental and has dropped set leads to r366 and r191 in last two games giving me big profits, look for "big swings"!:wenger:

Last edited:

Flanders Devil

Skybet have under 8.5 corners at 2.1 in this. Great price if anyone's interested.
I’ve never really understood the strategy, so to speak, with corner betting. I’d be interested in understanding why you think this game is set for a ‘low’ (what is even considered low?) corner count?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Managed to make a small margin at Evans - Albot match when Albot broke the service at first game. A few pennies for the stack, nothing more.

Money returned at the other match. Lopez resigned.

Flanders Devil

I think Brazil is too good of a price tbh, France haven't been amazing by any stretch. I know the knockout games are completely different, but still, Brazil aren't exactly shite
Ended up taking Brazil with a draw no bet at 4.5, so was reasonable value.

Now I’m on Draw into Japan qualification @6.5, as I can see this going to penalties. fingers crossed.

luke511

I’ve never really understood the strategy, so to speak, with corner betting. I’d be interested in understanding why you think this game is set for a ‘low’ (what is even considered low?) corner count?

I've looked at the for and against corner count averages in games for both sides, where the asian handicaps are similar to this particular game, combined with the averages in this year's tournament, and weighed them together. You'd then weigh the result in with the tournament average how you see fit. As you can see the value I get comes to 7.25, depending how I weigh the averages it goes between 7.25-7.75. A normal corner line tends to fall around the 9-10 mark, and due to the volatility of women's football and the nature of punters prefering overs to unders, it'd be risky for a bookmaker to have the corner line set so low, so some bookmakers have weighed more towards the tournament average as it's the safer option.

Using the value I get and ignoring the tourny average, I have under 8.5 at around 1.5 and under 5.5 at around 3.75 at 100%, so with the margin applied you're looking at 1.4 for u8.5 and 3.0 for u5.5.

luke511

Also worth adding that pricing corners for women's games is a bit trickier as there's less data to work with and bigger fluctuations in quality! It's all pretty subjective at the end of the day.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Some bizarre prices for me in gold cup tonight.

Jamaica win at 4/5 and Honduras 0 at evens both look incredible to me.

Curacao beating Honduras 1-0 was a massive massive freak. They should have lost the game 3/4-0. Honduras also should have beat Jamaica. Honduras are the best side in the group for me but somehow have 0 points. Market has overreacted to the results of these games so far.

Curacao need to beat Jamaica also, Jamaica will get big counter chances late on if it’s a draw. Confident Jamaica will be winning before then though.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Under 6 corners at 6.5 in Holland W vs Japan W looks a nice price. I don't normally bet on corners but I know that 365's corner line is pretty much guesswork, and they're weighing more towards the tournament average than the true value.
Nice call. Played it safer with under eight at 7/4, in hindsight I could have been a bit braver.

luke511

Under 6 corners at 6.5 in Holland W vs Japan W looks a nice price. I don't normally bet on corners but I know that 365's corner line is pretty much guesswork, and they're weighing more towards the tournament average than the true value.
Just about came in with 5 corners :D was 2 corners up until the 77th minute than 3 came in after.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Great tip man, thanks!

My dear Bencic playing at Eastborn WTA @12 CET. Cried at the court Sunday, expect big swings and looking to take advantage if she is a break up. Was looking to speculate against Kenin had the match gone yesterday, but a days extra rest after Mallorca win should have done her well. Putinseva to put up a figth against Bertens, but if Bertens goes through will bet on her against any top player, as she has absurd record against them, 15-3 vs top 10!:eek:

Edit: Danilovic playing as well in Wimbledon qualifier today, she is mental and has dropped set leads to r366 and r191 in last two games giving me big profits, look for "big swings"!:wenger:
Bencic broke 1st game, so got a bet in against her and got the stake hedged when she was broken game after. no profit though as she held on this time, but looking shaky and on her knees screaming at one point. Predictably dropped a set lead in 2nd match vs Alexandrova for a nice win at almost 6/1.
Went against Dani @16/1 for a small punt but she held on needing a tie break to win 2nd set against r435. Playing against her again tomorrow when/if opportunity arises...

Should have bet against Kenin as planned but didn't as the day extra rest put me off, lost convincingly as expected. Putinseva didn't put up a fight, and Bertens should beat Friedsam now. Looking to back her VS Saba(prob)/Woz after that.

Edit: Oh and bet Vonda @26/1 vs Mertens, saved matchball and broke twice to take 2nd set, but I was busy elsewhere and she threw it away without me getting a hedge in for a guaranteed win!:mad:

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Went into check the premier League odds for next season and United are 33/1 to win the league. 33/1 even before the season has started is a bit depressing

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Some bizarre prices for me in gold cup tonight.

Jamaica win at 4/5 and Honduras 0 at evens both look incredible to me.

Curacao beating Honduras 1-0 was a massive massive freak. They should have lost the game 3/4-0. Honduras also should have beat Jamaica. Honduras are the best side in the group for me but somehow have 0 points. Market has overreacted to the results of these games so far.

Curacao need to beat Jamaica also, Jamaica will get big counter chances late on if it’s a draw. Confident Jamaica will be winning before then though.
If Jamaica goes to plan then El Salvador are already through before the 2nd game. Annoyingly team sheets will be announced during the Jamaica game but if El Salv are through then they won't give 100%. Won't be awake for the game though as need to be up at 7am so will need to go bed after the Jamaica game, hoping Honduras take it more seriously and don't rotate much.

Ignore, Jamaica have rotated loads. Team sheet I seen initially was wrong. Terrible lineup. Would cash/trade, completely bizarre team.

Last edited:

Red Star One

If Jamaica goes to plan then El Salvador are already through before the 2nd game. Annoyingly team sheets will be announced during the Jamaica game but if El Salv are through then they won't give 100%. Won't be awake for the game though as need to be up at 7am so will need to go bed after the Jamaica game, hoping Honduras take it more seriously and don't rotate much.

Ignore, Jamaica have rotated loads. Team sheet I seen initially was wrong. Terrible lineup. Would cash/trade, completely bizarre team.
Cheers for this Honduras tip. Went quite big on them on money line and -0.5, good wins and I can only regret the last goal as I also had few euro on Honduras winning by a margin of 3 @23 :lol: still can’t complain at all, thanks man!​

Flanders Devil

I've looked at the for and against corner count averages in games for both sides, where the asian handicaps are similar to this particular game, combined with the averages in this year's tournament, and weighed them together. You'd then weigh the result in with the tournament average how you see fit. As you can see the value I get comes to 7.25, depending how I weigh the averages it goes between 7.25-7.75. A normal corner line tends to fall around the 9-10 mark, and due to the volatility of women's football and the nature of punters prefering overs to unders, it'd be risky for a bookmaker to have the corner line set so low, so some bookmakers have weighed more towards the tournament average as it's the safer option.

Using the value I get and ignoring the tourny average, I have under 8.5 at around 1.5 and under 5.5 at around 3.75 at 100%, so with the margin applied you're looking at 1.4 for u8.5 and 3.0 for u5.5.
Thanks really appreciate you taking the time to explain! And well done on it come up! Although it did seem nervy!!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Norway Women +0.5 today. I've got it as a 50/50 game. Pre tournament I would have had England at 2.1 to win, however, England have massively underwhelmed for me. It slipped under the radar due to Cameroon's antics but England were horrendous that game. They were very fortunate really, a couple of inches in Cameroon's favour and Cameroon could have been winning the games pretty easily. 1st goal wasn't a back pass (was a bad first touch). Norway been impressive, they matched up really well against France bar a 10 minute spell early in the first half. Also doubts over Bright and Houghton for today's game. If they're out I've got Norway as favourites.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Went against Dani @16/1 for a small punt but she held on needing a tie break to win 2nd set against r435. Playing against her again tomorrow when/if opportunity arises...
Making a killing on this match, bought Hesse at 19/1 - Hedged for Dani @1,97, now looking for big odds on Hesse again at end of 3rd. Dani was a set and a break up btw

Edit; half the winnings on Hesse now @9,75.......Edit II; Dammit 2 breaks down now, probably can't win now even against Dani, still a nice profit and the best is that Dani will play again tomorrow!:D

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
On Norway Women +0.5 today. I've got it as a 50/50 game. Pre tournament I would have had England at 2.1 to win, however, England have massively underwhelmed for me. It slipped under the radar due to Cameroon's antics but England were horrendous that game. They were very fortunate really, a couple of inches in Cameroon's favour and Cameroon could have been winning the games pretty easily. 1st goal wasn't a back pass (was a bad first touch). Norway been impressive, they matched up really well against France bar a 10 minute spell early in the first half. Also doubts over Bright and Houghton for today's game. If they're out I've got Norway as favourites.
Tomorrow!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Going medium for Sabalenka VS Woz @2.55, think Woz has looked very erratic, not convinced she has the health anymore. Expect at least to get to hedge my stake at around 2.50 mark.

On Norway tomorrow as well @Spiersey, pretty much 100% your sentiments...

Edit; Horrible first set by Saba, ditto 2nd for Woz, managed to hedge my stake @2.20 early 3rd. Expecting a minimal loss and Woz win, 80% profit if Saba turns it around, but doesn't look likely atm.

Edit II; Saba comes back from the dead and wins it, WTA!:houllier::lol:

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
What do people think of USA women being 6/4 to win the world cup
No value in them at current prices for me. I've got some on from earlier in the tournament but I make them about 7/4 currently to win. France the value pick on my current prices (have them around 3/1). Obviously hope France lose to them on Friday though.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
You're the most panicky better I have ever seen :lol:
It's more of a strategy than panic ;-)

I'm on Dzumhur with a small bet to do the same, looking to hedge at up around 2.5. Also did a straight out bet on Jabeur to win from behind @10.50 - Did it that way as she is a notorious slow starter....

Edit; A set @One Night Only, you can tell from the odds;)(pre-match) Hedged my bet now @2.12. Will bet Jabeur again at around 10-1 if she is loosing.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's more of a strategy than panic ;-)

I'm on Dzumhur with a small bet to do the same, looking to hedge at up around 2.5. Also did a straight out bet on Jabeur to win from behind @10.50 - Did it that way as she is a notorious slow starter....
Win from behind... How behind? A game? A break? Or a full set?

Status
Not open for further replies.