Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks man, only got like 7/1 in the end though, hedged it @2.12 and see now the odds was slashed to 9.6 just as I placed the bet.

On Bertens 2-0 now, looking good but so far. Norway DNB vs England tonight @2.85. Any thoughts on the U21's @Spiersey?
Pre tournament I'd be on Germany -0.75 and France +0.5. Nothing at current prices really appeals to me. Romania Germany says goals to me I think, will wait for over 2.5 in play. Romania should be able to cause them trouble on the counter. England probably deserved a win against Romania, just random errors costs them and Germany are a better side than England. Think 2/3-1 there. France are good on paper but not been overly impressive so far. Spain underwhelmed also I think, hard to work out exactly how they'll stack up against each other for me. I always struggle in scenarios like these as I'm never sure whether to trust my pre tournament opinions or give more weighting to how they have played so far.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Thanks bud! Some punters on my forum are saying go big on Spain, don't quite see it myself. Like the looks of Senegal better today, and just placed a small bet on draw in the Madagascar - Burundi game, solely as they can both be reasonably happy with that. Senegals lineup with Mane back looks a lot stronger than Algeria with Slimani out, might go with Senegal DNB if the price goes above 1.60. Should be a big physical advantage as well.

Dammit Bertens broken by Saba 3-5 in 2.set, looks like a looser now. Already hedged my stake though, as I wanted Bertens not 2-0 but price was too low...

Got a nice win on Danilovic to loose 10th game 2nd set vs Maia @2.60, she never fails to not deliver when the heat is on!:drool:

Edit; Reloading on Bertens, she is 15-3 VS top 10 have to play it even if Saba is a bit different from most other top 10's, but will switch in a possible TB as she is 5-10 in TB's...

Edit II; Bertens pulled through. Will bet her against Pliskova, maybe even 2-0. Jabeur could beat Kerber too if ancle is ok. Really undertak how they match up though so will wait.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks bud! Some punters on my forum are saying go big on Spain, don't quite see it myself. Like the looks of Senegal better today, and just placed a small bet on draw in the Madagascar - Burundi game, solely as they can both be reasonably happy with that. Senegals lineup with Mane back looks a lot stronger than Algeria with Slimani out, might go with Senegal DNB if the price goes above 1.60. Should be a big physical advantage as well.

Dammit Bertens broken by Saba 3-5 in 2.set, looks like a looser now. Already hedged my stake though, as I wanted Bertens not 2-0 but price was too low...

Got a nice win on Danilovic to loose 10th game 2nd set vs Maia @2.60, she never fails to not deliver when the heat is on!:drool:

Edit; Reloading on Bertens, she is 15-3 VS top 10 have to play it even if Saba is a bit different from most other top 10's, but will switch in a possible TB as she is 5-10 in TB's...
Agree on Senegal, very confident they score at the least. Algeria struggle massively against pacey attacks and Senegal have the quality along with pace.

I'm not sure both will take the draw in Burundi, I think both will go for the win. Both have much harder 3rd games than this so might view it as must win.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Agree on Senegal, very confident they score at the least. Algeria struggle massively against pacey attacks and Senegal have the quality along with pace.

I'm not sure both will take the draw in Burundi, I think both will go for the win. Both have much harder 3rd games than this so might view it as must win.
@John_Dooh Looks like you were right with a draw. Berahino just got subbed off and neither team committing at all. Looks like finishing 0-0.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
On Norway Women +0.5 today. I've got it as a 50/50 game. Pre tournament I would have had England at 2.1 to win, however, England have massively underwhelmed for me. It slipped under the radar due to Cameroon's antics but England were horrendous that game. They were very fortunate really, a couple of inches in Cameroon's favour and Cameroon could have been winning the games pretty easily. 1st goal wasn't a back pass (was a bad first touch). Norway been impressive, they matched up really well against France bar a 10 minute spell early in the first half. Also doubts over Bright and Houghton for today's game. If they're out I've got Norway as favourites.
Didn’t account for them being braindead defensively for the goals and having no clue in the attacking third. 3-0 was very flattering on England but they deserved the win.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
@John_Dooh Looks like you were right with a draw. Berahino just got subbed off and neither team committing at all. Looks like finishing 0-0.
No such luck!

England - Norway was a weird game, but deserved win as you say, Senegal no good either, even though might at least have deserved a draw.
At least Brazil impressed on their way to victory in the copa!:rolleyes:

Anyway, back to the WTA! Jabeur is now 7/1 vs Kerber, I can't resist trying that. Watching Jabeur more closely than before, her looks has deceived me. She is a very talented player, and looks mentally robust compared to most others. No stability in her play though, injured her ancle yesterday and often slow starter. Jabeur to loose first and win match is 19/1 at Marathon, probabably pointless as should get close to that at 0-1 so will wait with a small bet on Jabeur in case she starts well.

Bertens to beat Pliskova, now 16-3 against top 10 opposition and 2-1 vs Pliskova. 2.61 now irresistible odds, I got in yesterday with medium bet @2.55 expecting the line to drop.

Might try Sonego in the mens too...

Edit; Jabeur out due to the ancle injury, walkover for Kerber.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I am wagering on Sonego ML vs Busta @1.73 and Pliskova ML vs Bertens @1.61. Lets goooooo.
What's the reasoning behind Pliskova if I might ask? Curious as I'm opposite as I think there is excellent value in Bertens due to the odds/stats. Beat Saba who is similar to Pliskens although slightly weaker serve...Edit: Bertens outclassed by Pliskova, too right @Jagga7! I've already put a small bet on Pliskova to win Wimbledon @10/1:)

Easy money that one.
Even with Norway defence and best offensive player having an off day, it could have gone the other day, so it really wasn't. Still think Spiersey called it right, but if the most likely outcome always occured there wouldn't be much point in gambling.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

Even with Norway defence and best offensive player having an off day, it could have gone the other day, so it really wasn't. Still think Spiersey called it right, but if the most likely outcome always occured there wouldn't be much point in gambling.
No. Norways only way to create chances was to give it to number 10 and hope for the best and with England having players able to deal with her dribbling this was not an issue. The only defender able to pass the ball was/is the captain, so she was pressured.
England pinpointed correctly Norways left back as the weak point and utilized this when attacking.
One team with a plan and where most of the players able to pass the ball and contribute, Norway on the other hand had some major weakpoints.

Jagga7

What's the reasoning behind Pliskova if I might ask? Curious as I'm opposite as I think there is excellent value in Bertens due to the odds/stats. Beat Saba who is similar to Pliskens although slightly weaker serve...Edit: 4-1 Pliskova looks like you're right!:)
Pliskova's too goooooood :drool:. Barty or Pliskova to win Wimbledon this year.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Easy money that one.
Easy to say once the game has finished 3-0.
No. Norways only way to create chances was to give it to number 10 and hope for the best and with England having players able to deal with her dribbling this was not an issue. The only defender able to pass the ball was/is the captain, so she was pressured.
England pinpointed correctly Norways left back as the weak point and utilized this when attacking.
One team with a plan and where most of the players able to pass the ball and contribute, Norway on the other hand had some major weakpoints.
Regardless of team tactics, Norway made individual errors for the goals. The early goal rocked them and they couldn't recover until the 30th minute or so. It's to England's credit of course that they started fast. Impossible to account for moronic moments like not marking Bronze for the 3rd goal after watching them do it earlier in the match. Norway + was the right side for me still, England played their best game all year and Norway their worst. Constant individual errors defensively and in the attacking third cost them. I've watched Thorisdottor and Mjelde probably well over 100 times each and never seen either play as bad as they did. Assume they were very nervous. Will oppose England again in the Semi's if USA/France are a decent enough price. Would have USA about 1.5 for the game and France about 1.65.

SteveCoppellFan

Ive lumped a load of free bets on India to win the Cricket World Cup, just dont see anyone really troubling them tbh.

The only side i think could beat them on a given day is England and i put the bets on just before they played the Aussies, thinking the India price would drop if England lost.

Managed to get 3.1 so im happy.

A bet on Kholi being top run scorer at 8.0 at the start is not going as well, he keeps getting to 70 odd and then getting out to a silly shot, really need him to turn a couple of these into big hundreds like others are doing.

I also have Germany E/W in the Women's footie, they have such a favorable side of draw im pretty confident they will make the final so im kinda free rolling then .. might even lay the bet off and guarantee some decent profit if they are up against a bang in form USA.

Fosu-Mens

Easy to say once the game has finished 3-0.

Regardless of team tactics, Norway made individual errors for the goals. The early goal rocked them and they couldn't recover until the 30th minute or so. It's to England's credit of course that they started fast. Impossible to account for moronic moments like not marking Bronze for the 3rd goal after watching them do it earlier in the match. Norway + was the right side for me still, England played their best game all year and Norway their worst. Constant individual errors defensively and in the attacking third cost them. I've watched Thorisdottor and Mjelde probably well over 100 times each and never seen either play as bad as they did. Assume they were very nervous. Will oppose England again in the Semi's if USA/France are a decent enough price. Would have USA about 1.5 for the game and France about 1.65.
Average ability on the ball, if one can call it that, in the two teams was what made the difference. It is like comparing City and United now, different levels.
If the team with the best ability does not make major mistakes they usually win. Especially in female football where there is more space and being efficient on the ball is more beneficial.

Red Star One

Might fancy a cheeky bet against Mercedes during this weekend's Austria GP. They're very strong favorites and prices on Ferrari lads or Verstappen should be high, and I can't see Mercedes winning all the races this season - surely they have to drop some points sooner or later. It will be very hot during the race (36 Celsius forecasted now for Sunday afternoon) and with Mercedes' issues with overheating tires I'm thinking about gambling on their first lose of the season.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Went big on Netherlands tomorrow vs Italy, who have been fluking their way to the quarters IMO.

Average ability on the ball, if one can call it that, in the two teams was what made the difference. It is like comparing City and United now, different levels.
If the team with the best ability does not make major mistakes they usually win. Especially in female football where there is more space and being efficient on the ball is more beneficial.
No, more space favours pace over technical ability, less room requires more tech, you're full of it. I hold this to be self-evidently true.

Edit; USA 2.10 on Betway @Spiersey, I've gone big.

Last edited:

Fosu-Mens

No, more space favours pace over technical ability, less room requires more tech, you're full of it. I hold this to be self-evidently true.
If you thinking about it as a 1v1 situation then yes you are correct, but a team able to move the ball efficently around can decimate a team unable to press or move the team to follow the ball --> City is a good example of this. Their central midfielders are very technical and efficient on the ball, and the best way to stop them is pressing extremely aggressive or park the bus to protect the box. Doing neither will not be a good solution against a technical superior team(England vs Norway).

1v1: Pacey players will benefit greatly from space.
Team vs Team: Technical able players will take advantage of the space given to make passes between the lines and cause instabilities in the oppositions team.

Flanders Devil

Went big on Netherlands tomorrow vs Italy, who have been fluking their way to the quarters IMO.

I’m with you on Netherlands. I think they should be heavy favourites. I can get 1.5 for Netherlands to progress.

ReturnOnBet

Gold Cup - Mexico v Costa Rica - Mexico To Win @ 1.4 Boylesports
Thailand Premier League - Bangkok Utd v Sukhothai - Bangkok To Win @ 1.33 Boylesports
Finland Kakkonen - Gnistan v KaPa - Gnistan To Win @ 1.17 Boylesports
3 x €10 singles

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I’m with you on Netherlands. I think they should be heavy favourites. I can get 1.5 for Netherlands to progress.
Fingers crossed! I have them in regulation @2.13. Sligthly worried about the heat, but if the dutch can pass well and make Italy run to cover space it should be an advantage. Italians have given up a lot of posession against weaker sides(China/Aus), hopefully less energy to counter now....

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Not a big fan of friendlies as they're a bit random but on Motherwell -0.25 v Linfield and Arsenal Tula -0.75. Motherwell should be around 1.5 to win. NI league is really poor, price is an over reaction to Motherwell losing to Crusaders a couple of days ago but they deserved to win really. Should win today really.
Arsenal Tula is a bit of a calculated guess. I said last week Wacker Innsbruck were worth a little bet at 10s to beat Zenit, but didn't realise they were playing their B team. Played their B team v Stuttgart again a couple of days ago and pretty sure it'll be a similar team out again. If Arsenal are strong they should win 2+.

Flanders Devil

Fingers crossed! I have them in regulation @2.13. Sligthly worried about the heat, but if the dutch can pass well and make Italy run to cover space it should be an advantage. Italians have given up a lot of posession against weaker sides(China/Aus), hopefully less energy to counter now....
And to you! I thought about going for Dutch in the 90, but there’s been so many games get to ET this tournament so I’m just wary.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

2.1 looks great, I've got them around 1.7 or so fair price. I'm on them Outright anyway so not betting them but pretty sure they will win. Drew 2-2 in the She Believes in March but USA were still pre season then.

Jagga7

I am wagering on Sonego ML vs Busta @1.73 and Pliskova ML vs Bertens @1.61. Lets goooooo.
Sonego won earlier after game got suspended because of rain.

Betting Pliskova again today -1.5 game handicap vs Kerber @1.87

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Sonego won earlier after game got suspended because of rain.

Betting Pliskova again today -1.5 game handicap vs Kerber @1.87
Was gonna bet Pliskova 2-0 as well but got home 2 mins 2 late and she was already a break up. Was on Sonego as well, think the break was lucky as he was getting himself into trouble when the rain came.

Quite a few on the Dutch now, watch Italy being Italy now, absorbing pressure and 1-0 on a counter!:wenger:

Edit; Dutch 67% possession, in control of the game after a slow start where they gave away a couple good chances. Poor decision making in the final 3rd though, especially Van de Sanden having an off day which is a bit of a worry. Think 2nd half should be very tough for Italy though, as they are chasing the ball a lot in this heat. Oh and damn you Miedema for not playing your teammate clean through on goal instead of shooting!:mad:

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Not a big fan of friendlies as they're a bit random but on Motherwell -0.25 v Linfield and Arsenal Tula -0.75. Motherwell should be around 1.5 to win. NI league is really poor, price is an over reaction to Motherwell losing to Crusaders a couple of days ago but they deserved to win really. Should win today really.
Arsenal Tula is a bit of a calculated guess. I said last week Wacker Innsbruck were worth a little bet at 10s to beat Zenit, but didn't realise they were playing their B team. Played their B team v Stuttgart again a couple of days ago and pretty sure it'll be a similar team out again. If Arsenal are strong they should win 2+.
Wacker is confirmed B team again, terrible line up. Got Arsenal team but it's in Russian and a picture so currently trying to translate it manually which it turns out is very hard.

haram

Wacker is confirmed B team again, terrible line up. Got Arsenal team but it's in Russian and a picture so currently trying to translate it manually which it turns out is very hard.
That’s dedication :lol:

Red Star One

Might fancy a cheeky bet against Mercedes during this weekend's Austria GP. They're very strong favorites and prices on Ferrari lads or Verstappen should be high, and I can't see Mercedes winning all the races this season - surely they have to drop some points sooner or later. It will be very hot during the race (36 Celsius forecasted now for Sunday afternoon) and with Mercedes' issues with overheating tires I'm thinking about gambling on their first lose of the season.
I got few euros at Leclerc winning tomorrow, yesterday on Pinnacle it was around @6.3. Won the pole position, let’s see tomorrow

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
That’s dedication :lol:
Love it!:D

Good to get Holland in, easy in the end, clearly better side just a matter of getting the goal. Not in doubt after that @Jagga7!

Good tip regarding the Dutch . What do we think about Germany Vs Sweden
Think Sweden have gone as far as they can, not a very good side but solid defense. Germany much better I think, although haven't seen much of the Germany games. Could be due a pasting in this game, I might try a small punt on Germans -2.5 @7.98.

Great tip on the friendlies @Spiersey, hopefully AT can hold on!

Placed a couple small bets on Vekic and Yastremska for WTA Wimbledon, great value at 79 and 89/1 on Coolbet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Neither team has shown much tbh, I'd probably just go Sweden because Germany are favourites.

A 0-0 could be the bet though!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Easy money that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.