Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Great start to the day, Sagan Tosu - Shimizu S-pulse o5.5 in after 65 mins @17/1, took them 26 mins to score the first 5!:lol:(was only a small punt though!)

Dellien 2-0 petrovic @1.73 in Milano, small stake, should be a fair gulf in class.

Dutch vs Swedes @2.36 on Wednesday, medium stake. Sweden create very little going forward, and in hindsigth I think the German teams style was more affected by the heat. Expect a similar game to Holland - Italy where Sweden create very little and dutch hopefully break them down once or twice. DNB could be good option @1.66.

Hughes/Cadby dbl in the darts today, small stake @2.51.

Last edited:

Red Star One

Might fancy a cheeky bet against Mercedes during this weekend's Austria GP. They're very strong favorites and prices on Ferrari lads or Verstappen should be high, and I can't see Mercedes winning all the races this season - surely they have to drop some points sooner or later. It will be very hot during the race (36 Celsius forecasted now for Sunday afternoon) and with Mercedes' issues with overheating tires I'm thinking about gambling on their first lose of the season.
I went biggest at Leclerc so a bit gutted, but also had few euro on Verstappen at whooping @28.790 so I’m more than covered :D:D:D what a race, whatever the outcome of the investigation - betting against Mercedes proved to be a decent call!

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
I went biggest at Leclerc so a bit gutted, but also had few euro on Verstappen at whooping @28.790 so I’m more than covered :D:D:D what a race, whatever the outcome of the investigation - betting against Mercedes proved to be a decent call!
Great call man, was thinking to follow with a small bet but forgot, good on you!

Dellien won 2-0, was 1-4 and a break down but once he withdrew his head from his arse he was in control. No luck on the dart though, only 1/2.
Not much I fancy tonight, but had a punt on 0-0 Egypt-Uganda(6/1 - both happy with a point), Wolf-Eikrem to score (1/2+) for Molde and o4.5 in Spain - Germany U21's.

Edit; Added a bet on 0-0 in Zimbabwe - Kongo @11.00, games in africa has been generally awful and low on chances/goals, and Kongo yet to score.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Not much I fancy tonight, but had a punt on 0-0 Egypt-Uganda(6/1 - both happy with a point), Wolf-Eikrem to score (1/2+) for Molde and o4.5 in Spain - Germany U21's.

Edit; Added a bet on 0-0 in Zimbabwe - Kongo @11.00, games in africa has been generally awful and low on chances/goals, and Kongo yet to score.
Well that was a waste, played them for the excitement they never gave. U21's could have easily had more goals, Germany in particular very wasteful, good game though.

Looking at some bets for Wimbledon tomorrow;
Putintseva 2.90 to beat Osaka. Beat her easily last week in B'ham, Osaka seems to be in a bad place atm.
Gavrilova, who has been awful for a while vs Svitolina. Svitolina serious injury doubts, could be an early withdrawal.
Hercog vs Kuz; Herc beat Kuz 2-0 in Mallorca, should be a another win on this surface.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nice couple of winners today. Went with Bate Borisov to win 3-0 @7.00 (all goals came in the first half hour) and for the Uganda v Egypt game, went with Salah to score, Egypt to win by 2+ goals, 10+ match corners and 30+ match booking pts @10.00. This one pretty much came in exactly with Salah scoring, Egypt winning 2-0, 10 corners and 30 booking pts. How often does that happen??

Looking at the Jamaica v Panama and USA v Curacao games but not sure what to go for. Don't think USA have ever faced Curacao before?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Nice couple of winners today. Went with Bate Borisov to win 3-0 @7.00 (all goals came in the first half hour) and for the Uganda v Egypt game, went with Salah to score, Egypt to win by 2+ goals, 10+ match corners and 30+ match booking pts @10.00. This one pretty much came in exactly with Salah scoring, Egypt winning 2-0, 10 corners and 30 booking pts. How often does that happen??

Looking at the Jamaica v Panama and USA v Curacao games but not sure what to go for. Don't think USA have ever faced Curacao before?
I’m pretty big on USA -2 asian. It’s a freak that Curacao are here. Should have lost heavily to honduras and Jamaica reserves should have beat them by a couple.
Also got some on USA -3 and -4 at big odds, can go 5-0 if USA are clinical in my opinion.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had dozed off and just woke up again in time for the second half. I didn't think it would be an easy game for the USA and that's turned out to be the case so far. They really need to step it up second half.

I'd gone with USA to score 3+ goals, USA 7+ corners and Curacao 30+ booking pts @11.00 and a speculative Curacao to score 2+ goals, Curacao 5+ corners and USA 20+ booking pts @101.00.

Both looking unlikely now. Have gone over 1.5 goals and 11+ match corners @2.75 in play.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Did you watch the game @Spiersey? Curacao were the better side with some skilful players. USA couldn't even muster a second goal to at least get your stake back? I swear the USA Women would have beat them.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Stealing a Wimbledon tip from my betting forum, really like this one;

Berretini to progress further than Medvedev(h2h) @2.62 at B365. Think they have this one wrong, as Coric pulled out Berretini now has a very favourable draw to the 4th round, where Fed awaits. Medvedev probably have to face Goffin in 3rd, and Tsitsipas in 4th. Think at least a push is very likely!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Did you watch the game @Spiersey? Curacao were the better side with some skilful players. USA couldn't even muster a second goal to at least get your stake back? I swear the USA Women would have beat them.
Went bed at Half time as knew my bet was lost. USA for some reason didn’t press them and just let Curacao have the ball. Cura are absolutely dreadful defensively and under pressure, ridiculous tactics from the USA. Curacao have decent players but zero real threat going forward and are poor defensively, quite an odd side really. Will watch the 2nd half today and see what I missed though.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Looking at some bets for Wimbledon tomorrow;
Putintseva 2.90 to beat Osaka. Beat her easily last week in B'ham, Osaka seems to be in a bad place atm.
Gavrilova, who has been awful for a while vs Svitolina. Svitolina serious injury doubts, could be an early withdrawal.
Hercog vs Kuz; Herc beat Kuz 2-0 in Mallorca, should be a another win on this surface.
Hercog came through after loosing 1.set, opted out of Gavrilova, which lost. Osaka broke immediately, and looking like herself today, so I'm gonna cash out if I get a possibility.

Edit; got out in 7th @30/30 and 1,52 - Watching Vonda now to see if I bet her 0-1 down

EditII; Ended up buying Osaka @2.45 at 1-1 in 2.set, been very unfortunate on a couple of balls, and hitting a little long from baseline, but quite certain she will come back and win.

EditIII; Osaka struggling with her backhand, got broken and looking to loose now...Too many mistakes.

EditIIII; I truly am the brains behind my own demise!:lol: Called it right, ended up swapping and loosing on Osaka as I convinced myself she was looking like herself while she was busy hitting 37 unforced errors in 21 games!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Danny Roberts

I'm gonna have a small punt on the Lionesses to win to nil tonight. Look solid at the back and they might just be able to cause an upset with a bit of luck.

Flanders Devil

Hercog came through after loosing 1.set, opted out of Gavrilova, which lost. Osaka broke immediately, and looking like herself today, so I'm gonna cash out if I get a possibility.

Edit; got out in 7th @30/30 and 1,52 - Watching Vonda now to see if I bet her 0-1 down

EditII; Ended up buying Osaka @2.45 at 1-1 in 2.set, been very unfortunate on a couple of balls, and hitting a little long from baseline, but quite certain she will come back and win.

EditIII; Osaka struggling with her backhand, got broken and looking to loose now...Too many mistakes.

EditIIII; I truly am the brains behind my own demise!:lol: Called it right, ended up swapping and loosing on Osaka as I convinced myself she was looking like herself while she was busy hitting 37 unforced errors in 21 games!:rolleyes:
Heartbreaking! I’ll be honest, I didn’t have the guts to back against Osaka despite agreeing with you that she had zero form. But when I saw the result I thought of you...now I see this! :nono: Haha

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm gonna have a small punt on the Lionesses to win to nil tonight. Look solid at the back and they might just be able to cause an upset with a bit of luck.
Wtf lionesses have you been watching? We look a nervous wreck and are lucky to not concede a few a game. USA will punish us.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Would be on USA women if I wasn't already on them outright anyway. I've got about 1.5/6 fair. There's a decent gulf in player quality between the two for me and apparently fitness also according to some insiders. Still maintain England have been pretty fortunate throughout the comp. Their defence has been really poor, it's only down to really awful decision making and finishing that they've not conceded a few more. Cameroon could have scored a couple as well as Norway. USA won't start near as slow as Norway did.

USA played England in the SheBelieves in March. Seen people pointing to this game as a reason to bet England. USA weren't match fit as they were still early pre season (All of them play NWSL and it didn't start til Mid April) and England were mid season so were a bit sharper. USA caused them huge issues from set pieces. Think an early corner was cleared off the line. England scored an indirect freekick and a nice team goal for the second. Only other chance that I can remember was White (I think) getting a chance from pressing the defence. I had USA as being slightly better side in the game, I think the gulf will be bigger today given USA are much more match fit and sharper compared to the March game.

Can't see Bronze getting much change out of Dunn either. She'll need to sit deeper than normal as well otherwise Rapinoe will run riot if shes given space. Think that's probably what will hurt England the most.

Last edited:

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Have twice as much on the US today as I had on the dutch sunday @2.10!:nervous:

Might try a small bet on Jabeur vs Kvitova, who is apparantly struggling with injury. Jabeur injured her ancle as well last week, which is a bit of a worry, but think she can put up a fight today.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Gone for:

1. White & Morgan to score, under 11 corners and under 40 booking points @17.00 (SkyBet)
2. England W to win and BTTS @9.00 (SkyBet)
3. Rapinoe to score and USA W 2-1 @17.00 (SkyBet)
4. Under 1.5 goals and over 9.5 corners @6.00 (Betway)
5. USA W to win, over 3.5 goals, USA W over 4.5 corners and England W over 1.5 cards @21.00 (Betway)
6. Morgan to score, USA W or England W, under 4 goals, under 12 corners corners, under 5 cards, over 11.5 goal kicks @5.00 (Bet365)

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Pheeeww! The VAR gods are good to me tonight(so far)!

Edit: Think I'm having a heart attack here!

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Two fecking cards in the last 5 minutes...come on now. Only usually 1 or 2 cards per game apart from the USA v Chile game....until today of course!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Staked a treble of Brazil to Win Copa, Mexico to Win Gold Cup and USA to win Womens WC at 16s. Also added in Morocco to win Afcon for a 4fold and then Italy to win u21s for a 5 fold.

Brazil and Mexico both win easily for me barring big upsets. Both are value for me as 2nd favourites are too short imo. Argentina are massively overrated, they shouldn't be 2nd favourites. They've done nothing to suggest they are the 2nd best side bar have Messi. Colombia and Uruguay have both regressed in recent years and Chile are finished. Home advantage for Brazil also as well as a stupidly easy path to the final.
Mexico also have an easyish route to the final. USA got home advantage but 2nd best player for injured this week and will miss the tournament. Mexico have comfortably the best manager and the best team on paper.

USA is a toss up with France basically, I make it 60/40 in favour of USA so with them being priced 50/50 its the value pick for me currently. They'll meet in the quarters, whoever wins that should win the comp.

Morocco are too big of price for me at 13s, should be 6 or 7/1. They're the best side in Africa for me and the most balanced. They were excellent in the World Cup. The other top sides rely too heavily on one player for me. Egypt are rightly favourites given they're at home though.

Italy is a bit of a toss up really, think they should be favourites for the comp though with the squad they've named and with them being hosts. France squad is strong but they are lazy. England squad lacks balance for me, they're stacked with attack minded midfielders and think they've a few weak areas.
Big day for the treble. USA in the final now and Brazil and Mexico both in Semi finals tonight.

Morocco won their group pretty impressively. Beat Ivory Coast which was the hard game. It’s given them the easy side of the draw now, they’ll play Senegal in the quarters assuming both win. That’ll be a 50/50 game for me, think whoever wins that will go on to win. Egypt haven’t really been impressive to me so far, despite being 3/3.

Italy was an annoying loss. They beat Spain 3-1 in the first game and deservedly so. Spain obviously went on to win the whole thing. Freak loss to Poland killed Italy.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Big day for the treble. USA in the final now and Brazil and Mexico both in Semi finals tonight.

Morocco won their group pretty impressively. Beat Ivory Coast which was the hard game. It’s given them the easy side of the draw now, they’ll play Senegal in the quarters assuming both win. That’ll be a 50/50 game for me, think whoever wins that will go on to win. Egypt haven’t really been impressive to me so far, despite being 3/3.

Italy was an annoying loss. They beat Spain 3-1 in the first game and deservedly so. Spain obviously went on to win the whole thing. Freak loss to Poland killed Italy.
Couldn't believe that one. Crazy result.

Flanders Devil

Gone for:

1. White & Morgan to score, under 11 corners and under 40 booking points @17.00 (SkyBet)
2. England W to win and BTTS @9.00 (SkyBet)
3. Rapinoe to score and USA W 2-1 @17.00 (SkyBet)
4. Under 1.5 goals and over 9.5 corners @6.00 (Betway)
5. USA W to win, over 3.5 goals, USA W over 4.5 corners and England W over 1.5 cards @21.00 (Betway)
6. Morgan to score, USA W or England W, under 4 goals, under 12 corners corners, under 5 cards, over 11.5 goal kicks @5.00 (Bet365)
Did either #1 or #5 come off?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Did either #1 or #5 come off?
Nah, Bright's 86th min red card killed #1 then Parris' 95th yellow killed #6.

Flipping typical! I was just logging in to see what the cash out was as well.

I was going to go Morgan to score and USA W to win 2-1 as well but went for Rapinoe. Didn't realise she was injured.

Flanders Devil

Nah, Bright's 86th min red card killed #1 then Parris' 95th yellow killed #6.

Flipping typical! I was just logging in to see what the cash out was as well.

I was going to go Morgan to score and USA W to win 2-1 as well but went for Rapinoe. Didn't realise she was injured.
Damn. That hurts!

Flanders Devil

I’m waiting till about 80. If still 0-0, I’ll be taking either team to score a goal in NED v SWE. Game is opening up after cagey start.

Edit: that didn’t go too well.

Last edited:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea

Hey just a quick thanks as I followed you in on the treble, the quad with Morocco and the 5-timer with Italy U-21, albeit from what I gather at a fraction of your stake. From lurking last season it's clear you know your stuff and I appreciate your posts. Even though the treble was a standout I probably would't have thought to do it had I not read your original post, so cheers. Let's see if the treble gets finished off, will be a fun follow and if it does Morocco even more so.

(and to the thread in general, it's one of the best and most interesting threads to follow from John_Dooh with his winter sports, luke511? dropping a gem now and then and even RedPed with his wacky bet builders haha so hopefully, as I intend to, can get involved and contribute heading into the new season)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I had correct score 1-1, Guerrero to score, Advincula & Pulgar to be booked, under 5.5 cards and Peru to qualify @601.00.

All came in apart from the correct score. :( Didn't expect Chile to be so bad on the night.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Hey just a quick thanks as I followed you in on the treble, the quad with Morocco and the 5-timer with Italy U-21, albeit from what I gather at a fraction of your stake. From lurking last season it's clear you know your stuff and I appreciate your posts. Even though the treble was a standout I probably would't have thought to do it had I not read your original post, so cheers. Let's see if the treble gets finished off, will be a fun follow and if it does Morocco even more so.

(and to the thread in general, it's one of the best and most interesting threads to follow from John_Dooh with his winter sports, luke511? dropping a gem now and then and even RedPed with his wacky bet builders haha so hopefully, as I intend to, can get involved and contribute heading into the new season)
No worries mate, glad people are on.

Hopefully the finals all go to plan. Mexico is the most likely to be an upset in terms of odds. Would be able to cash out for around 11/1 winner after the first two. I’ll be letting it run barring any big team news. Been a fun bet anyway whatever happens, gave me a decent interest in all the comps.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Going to do the following crazy bet:
Brazil to win Copa America
Argentina to win Copa America

If Brasil or Argentina reach the final, I can use arb as insurance.
Otherwise, I'm fecked.

Thoughts?
Well well well...

Had 250€ on Brazil wining CA @2.10
100€ on Argentina @4.00

Peru odd is @10.50 so placed 35€.

If Brasil wins:
250*2.10 = 525€
525€ - 100€ = 425€
425€ - 35€ = 390€
390€ - 250€ = 140€ profit

If Peru wins:
10.50 * 35€ = 367.50€
367.50€ - 350€ = 17.5€ profit

So yeah... I hope Brazil wins it, otherwise it will feel like a fail.

John_Dooh

Supports
Liverpool
Going with a small bet on Ranheim vs Rosenborg @4.20, Rosenborg has been awful this season, and continue to struggle. Ranheim highly motivated for this local derby, so for me 4.20 is worth a punt against a Rosenborg I think will continue to struggle until they change manager. The players dont have the system they're playing in their dna.

Edit; came back from behind twice, but lost 3-2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.