Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Don't follow NFL at all but you're competing against Vegas, you have to be one of the best in the world to make 3% profit on it long term. Same as betting on Premier League etc, it's very unlikely anyone will make money long term betting handicaps/overs lines.
What leagues would you recommend?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
What leagues would you recommend?
If you're genuinely looking to make money long term then you need to focus on more obscure stuff. Local leagues are good. If you're English there are all the non league stuff. Teams have sloped pitches, long travels, players missing because of work and loads of other things not factored into prices. Likewise with other lower leagues in countries, Austria, Denmark, Italy, Belgium etc. Youth football is good to follow as well but takes a lot of time. Womens football pretty easy as well, doesn't take as much effort as youth since squads don't fluctuate near as much, players moving up an Age group etc. Most people don't realise the potential goldmines they have on their doorsteps.
Obviously this is just my opinion on how its best to make money long term, betting purely for profit as opposed to any interest/enjoyment.

Jagga7

Don't follow NFL at all but you're competing against Vegas, you have to be one of the best in the world to make 3% profit on it long term. Same as betting on Premier League etc, it's very unlikely anyone will make money long term betting handicaps/overs lines.
Yeh completely agree with you. It's just fun to bet on, I never bet on the NFL expecting to have a high ROI.

SalfordCitizen

Come on guys post some tips on some sports this week. Although after this weekends football results especially on Sunday don't blame you. Rosenberg @ 2/5 drawing to rock bottom relegated Sandjeford, Real and Barca drawing, Young Boys @ 1/3 losing to Luzern, FCSB @ 1/4 losing to an aeroplane team, AIK as well.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ecuador draw no bet at 1.9 v Qatar is good later this week. Should be around 1.8 for Win. Qatar very average side, got two decent players basically. Rest are poor. Ecuador side is fine, SA football miles ahead of of everyone bar the top European sides. Football isn’t big in Qatar, won’t be a big crowd either so home bias is small.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Had a couple of singles England Women 3-1 @10.00 and France Women 4-0 @5.25

England should have won 3-1 at least if not for a very dodgy ref.

ROFLUTION

Salford are still 1.9 to be promoted on bet365 :lol: they're that to win the league on skybet ...
There's only 6 points between them and no. 6.. I see they are on a good run, but surely something is not all golden if they are only 6 points from 6th? Haven 't watched Salford though

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
So what do you bet then?

EDIT: Nevermind I see you answered that already.

There's no way I would bet on all that obscure stuff. I just bet on the major leagues because that's what I watch.

I learned that looking for bets is the one way to guarantee a loss. Everytime I looked for a bet I lost, as opposed to letting the bet come to you.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
There's no way I would bet on all that obscure stuff. I just bet on the major leagues because that's what I watch. I learned that looking for bets is the one way to guarantee a loss. Everytime I looked for a bet I lost, as opposed to letting the bet come to you.
You know I thought there was no way this was possible as well until I've learned of the existence of legends who quit their jobs because researching obscure leagues was so profitable!

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
If you're genuinely looking to make money long term then you need to focus on more obscure stuff. Local leagues are good. If you're English there are all the non league stuff. Teams have sloped pitches, long travels, players missing because of work and loads of other things not factored into prices. Likewise with other lower leagues in countries, Austria, Denmark, Italy, Belgium etc. Youth football is good to follow as well but takes a lot of time. Womens football pretty easy as well, doesn't take as much effort as youth since squads don't fluctuate near as much, players moving up an Age group etc. Most people don't realise the potential goldmines they have on their doorsteps.
Obviously this is just my opinion on how its best to make money long term, betting purely for profit as opposed to any interest/enjoyment.
Thank you. I've already stopped betting on top leagues/football this year (since the world cup).

Jagga7

Back on the hockey tonight, betting on the Flyer ml @1.9 and Hurricanes ml @1.76.

SalfordCitizen

There's only 6 points between them and no. 6.. I see they are on a good run, but surely something is not all golden if they are only 6 points from 6th? Haven 't watched Salford though
The others will find it hard to compete when you can sign players from League one and the Scottish Premier League when you're in the fifth tier of English football. They'll be pulling away soon once the fixtures pile up, and others squads can't cope. If I could bet the handicap I'd do Salford-10 points.

ROFLUTION

The others will find it hard to compete when you can sign players from League one and the Scottish Premier League when you're in the fifth tier of English football. They'll be pulling away soon once the fixtures pile up, and others squads can't cope. If I could bet the handicap I'd do Salford-10 points.
Makes good sense. Out of curiosity: Why did they start out bad?

relx

Frnkie Sys
Gone for Kashiwa Reysol to beat Shonan Bellmare in the J-League Cup semis (1st leg) today. Would have gone for over 2.5 goals (Bellmare have scored at least a goal in 17/20 away games in all competitions this season) but it might be a cagey game considering it's the 1st leg of a semi-final. Kashiwa have severely underperformed this season but I have a feeling they might get a win this time round, despite missing 2 key attackers due to the international break

MC89

Supports
Celtic
When it’s international weekend can’t get a decent coupon on because the favs are to short a price and if you do a massive acca there always one short price fave that lets you down,

another reason why international football is pointless complete waste of time.

Jagga7

Friendlies are dodgy as feck but I like Spain -1@2.025, Bale is out injured for Wales as well.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Man, if Spain U21 hadn’t already finished my bet I’d be absolutely fecking fuming with France :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Fecking France did for me yesterday. Was gonna go on >2.5 as well but went for the win instead.

Went for an easy late 5-fold of Cuba W/Jamaica W >4.5, Mexico, Colombia or draw, Costa Rica W/Canada W >3.5, Atletico National boosted to @5.13. Won £125 from that so don't feel too bad now.

Danny Roberts

France did for me too. I had a big acca on and that was the one that downed it. Don't normally bother with accas but for intrernationals just wanted a bit of fun.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I got no risk bet on Croatia - England tonight (getting money back if the bet loses), anyone have some outrageously high odds bet....that just might come through? :cool:

Sylar

William Hill offering 10£ free bet (to use on anything) if you place a tenner on the England vs Croatia match (odds of 1/5)
I put a tenner on goals over 1.5 @ 2/5 (so will only return 4 quid)
Got the free bet and placed it on under 1.5 @ 7.4 (if that wins it returns 17 quid)

So minimum 4quid profit lmao.

Jagga7

Belgium -1 @1.8 seems to the play to me tonight. Switzerland are decent but not on Belgium's level. The line seems a bit generous.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Feel like Austria -1 @ 2.7 is a great price.

Gone for a speculative 4 fold:

Croatia
Over 3.5 goals Belgium/Switzerland
Over 2.5 Brazil/Saudi
Austria -1

Used a boost on WH, £5 will return £157

Frank Grimes

Got a 20 euro free bet off betfair so have bet on 3 matches tonight and for Wolves to beat Watford when PL resumes.

Austria/NI under 2.5
Cro/Eng over 2.5
Belgium to beat Switzerland
Wolves.

10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.