Football & Sports Betting Thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Like a moron I backed the wrong thing again and got unbelievably lucky and it actually won :lol:

Fancied Over 2.5 in the San Luis v Club America game and I thought that’s what I’d done. Checked my account not long ago and I did fecking under and it finished 2-0 :lol:

Pagh Wraith

Copa del Rey - Girona v Real Madrid (second leg)

Real won the first leg 4-2 and I'm keen on them tonight as well. It's been a disappointing season and once again they find themselves out of the title race. Which means the cup becomes more imporant and Barca already through to the semis should provide extra motivation to progress and get one over their rivals in the next round or the final.

Thanks to seven wins out of their last eight league games things are looking better now though than they did a few weeks ago and with a seven-point cushion over 5th place they can afford to give the Copa their full attention. Solari has stressed the importance of the cup and he is well aware that any Real Madrid manager, perhaps more than at any other club in the world, is judged by winning trophies so this is huge for him personally as well.

Girona operate on a tiny budget and this is only their second season in the Spanish top flight in their entire history and avoiding relegation has to be their priority. After tonight's match they will have played Atletico (twice), Real (twice) and Barcelona in the last three weeks. They have battled well but at some point something has to give. They haven't won a single game since 5 Dec and are sitting only three points above the relegation zone (it was ten not so long ago). With a very important trip to Eibar coming up in three days they simply cannot afford to run themselves into the ground tonight.

Real are travelling with a full squad apart from Modric who is being rested tonight. Girona are without very important midfielder Borja Garcia. You should always be wary of betting teams who don't have to win but as explained above, things are a little different today.

-> Real Madrid -1, 175€ @ 2.33

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

2nd Bundesliga - Union Berlin v Köln

Top clash in the 2nd Bundesliga with 4th hosting 2nd. But for my money these are the two best teams in the league. Union went unbeaten for the first 17 games of the campaign (including a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture) before losing the last very match before the winter break. Köln will be without captain and German international Jonas Hector and are very short in midfield with four players missing, two of them would be starters. Have to go with the home side who haven't lost a home game since 26 January. Last year that is.

-> Union 0, 150€ @ 2.2

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Copa del Rey - Girona v Real Madrid (second leg)

-> Real Madrid -1, 175€ @ 2.33
Any reason for taking -1 at a big price as opposed to -0.75? I'm tempted to have some on pre lineups as well. Fairly sure Girona will rotate tonight also, they rested for the 1st leg, they should sack this one off as well

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

Think if Real score first the floodgates might open tonight. It's a decent opportunity for some of the squad players to impress and put themselves forward for the upcoming Clasico and CL tie versus Ajax. The likes of Bale and Asensio who have just returned from injury. Line is down to 2.20 now.

Berbaclass

Think if Real score first the floodgates might open tonight. It's a decent opportunity for some of the squad players to impress and put themselves forward for the upcoming Clasico and CL tie versus Ajax. The likes of Bale and Asensio who have just returned from injury. Line is down to 2.20 now.
Yeah I think there will be goals. I took over 3 @ 1.95 and it’s currently @ 1.74

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Like a moron I backed the wrong thing again and got unbelievably lucky and it actually won :lol:

Fancied Over 2.5 in the San Luis v Club America game and I thought that’s what I’d done. Checked my account not long ago and I did fecking under and it finished 2-0 :lol:
I can relate. A few days ago I fancied Rodionova to win the first set against Cabrera (tennis) and put around 30 euros on it. Rodionova lost the first set about 6-1.

When I logged back in a few hours later I was surprised to see around 90 euros in my balance. Turns out I had put the money on Rodionova to win the match by mistake and she turned it around 2-1 :lol:

Berbaclass

I can relate. A few days ago I fancied Rodionova to win the first set against Cabrera (tennis) and put around 30 euros on it. Rodionova lost the first set about 6-1.

When I logged back in a few hours later I was surprised to see around 90 euros in my balance. Turns out I had put the money on Rodionova to win the match by mistake and she turned it around 2-1 :lol:
Nice one :lol:

I wonder what the odds are of doing something like that twice in a row like me. Must be huge.

Pagh Wraith

2nd Bundesliga - Union Berlin v Köln

Top clash in the 2nd Bundesliga with 4th hosting 2nd. But for my money these are the two best teams in the league. Union went unbeaten for the first 17 games of the campaign (including a 1-1 draw in the reverse fixture) before losing the last very match before the winter break. Köln will be without captain and German international Jonas Hector and are very short in midfield with four players missing, two of them would be starters. Have to go with the home side who haven't lost a home game since 26 January. Last year that is.

-> Union 0, 150€ @ 2.2
Closed at 1.96 and Union take the lead after 20 seconds through a bicycle kick. :lol: There are worse moments in the life of a minor bettor!

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

Good game this. Union 2-0 up at half-time with only 28% ball possession. Cologne have created a couple of big chances but their three-at-the-back looks very suspect. There should be a lot of space to counter for the home side in the second half. There's definitely more goals in this.

Pagh Wraith

Not my usual type of bet and not a big fan of him and think theres a good chance hes a flop but I'd be on Higuain over 9.5 goals at 10/1 with Bet365. Chelsea will create chances for him, more intelligent than Morata and if Morata could finish even at all, he'd have double figs by now. Fixtures are pretty favourable as well, at home to Huddersfield, Brighton, Burnley and Watford and away to Cardiff, Fulham and Bournemouth as well as other more difficult games. Don't think 10 goals is a 10/1, would probably have it around 5/1.
Up to 16/1 now. Seems like an overreaction after just one game.

Pagh Wraith

Is this league or total Chelsea?
League goals only. 10 goals in 14 games is a tall order but the chance of that has to be higher than 6%. Threw the 19.53€ that Bet365 allows me at it. They're hosting Huddersfield tomorrow, he won't get a better chance to open his account.

Danny Roberts

League goals only. 10 goals in 14 games is a tall order but the chance of that has to be higher than 6%. Threw the 19.53€ that Bet365 allows me at it. They're hosting Huddersfield tomorrow, he won't get a better chance to open his account.
Cheers. Running it by a mate and will have a think.

Berbigoal

Unibet have all the best tennis prices.

She just lost the first set anyway, hope you didn't follow me!
Well not unibet here. I have put it, but not because of you. I thought it's a good bet too.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Berbaclass

Backed Qatar @ 3.60 to beat Japan. I’ve not been convinced by Japan at all in the tournament and Qatar have been very solid and IMO had the more difficult games. Think 3.60 is tremendous value.

Pagh Wraith

Huesca v Valladolid, Over 2.0, 175€ @ 1.99
Hannover v Leipzig, Leipzig -1, 150€ @ 1.98
Lille v Nice, Lille -0.75, 175€ @ 2.17

Berbaclass

Kilmarnock @ 2.40 to beat Hearts. Killy have a great record at home. Won the last 6 games and have beaten Rangers and Celtic this season. I’m aware that Boyd might not play but still think they’ beat Hearts who have a pretty poor away record recently.

Berbaclass

Backed Qatar @ 3.60 to beat Japan. I’ve not been convinced by Japan at all in the tournament and Qatar have been very solid and IMO had the more difficult games. Think 3.60 is tremendous value.
Wish I’d put more on it but oh well. A win is a win!

Jean claude van hire

Going to be following this spreadsheet for February

Had such a bad december/january so have given up picking bets myself for now
I'd envisaged this was going to be some form of premonition type spreadsheet (a bit like the Almanac book from back to the future, for those old enough to remember :)). I could use that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.