Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
They had no choice but to give him the sack, Dyche or someone of that ilk can still save their season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had to happen but we have made the same mistake as last window. Give the new manager barely any time to bring in players.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Booooo

EDIT - New manager bounce against Arsenal and Liverpool?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think whatever the result over the weekend I think he knew, certainly looked like it, that he was a goner.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
a shining light for dossers and wastrels has been extinguished this night. a beacon of hope to those who are shit, that they could earn hundreds of thousands of pounds whilst being shit.

Mike Smalling

I wonder if this will be the final nail in the coffin on the hair situation.

Also, at what level do you think he will manage next? Championship?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Do Everton even have any money to spend? Best they can do is find a manager that excels in setting up a defensive team who fights hard, because I don't see the quality in their squad to go toe-to-toe with 80-90% of teams in this league now. Their team is p*ss poor.

Jeffthered

Seems to be a manager with limitations for sure. I had no idea how either Chelsea or Everton were trying to play under his management.

He's similar to OGS in my opinion, although more capable. But no plan, strange signings (Maupay).. just something missing. Gerrard at Villa similar.

Strootman's Finger

West Ham will probably sack Moyes and hire him next. Weird phenomena in football, once you get a managerial role at a big club, despite how utterly shite you might be, you will work in perpetuity as a football manager.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Seems to be a manager with limitations for sure. I had no idea how either Chelsea or Everton were trying to play under his management.

He's similar to OGS in my opinion, although more capable. But no plan, strange signings (Maupay).. just something missing. Gerrard at Villa similar.
Yeah there’s endless evidence to confirm that being a great player doesn’t mean you will be a great manager. In fact 90% of the best managers of all time weren’t brilliant players.

poleglass red

Lampard seems like a decent enough chap, bit like Ole, just out of his depth.Not sure where he goes from here, bit like Gerarrd, I doubt he's be getting an PL jobs in near future. Manybe drop down a league or two and build up his reputation.

Leg-End

Drop down the leagues and learn the craft away from high pressure, there is no need to be rushing into these big jobs in the Prem.

phelans shorts

There is absolutely nothing to that suggest he’s more capable than Ole

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Drop down the leagues and learn the craft away from high pressure, there is no need to be rushing into these big jobs in the Prem.
Patrick Vieira and Arteta are doing fine on the other hand. One thing Gerard and Lampard in common is they mainly played for one club and I am not sure if it limits their vision.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Lampard was Derby manager for a bit wasn't he, so he's already been there to learn his craft!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Patrick Vieira and Arteta are doing fine on the other hand. One thing Gerard and Lampard in common is they mainly played for one club and I am not sure if it limits their vision.
Both of them did their time away from the limelight, though. Vieira = City youth team; New York City FC; Nice, and now Palace in the PL. Arteta was on cone duty for 3 years at City.

For Lampard he did a one year stint at Derby, didn't secure promotion and then ran head first for the Chelsea gig. Gerrard at least did a little bit of time in the Liverpool youth ranks and then a decent spell at Rangers. Unsure why Villa went so bad. Wrong club wrong time? Lost his backroom staff that didn't go with him?

Leg-End

Arteta had 3 years as Pep's right hand man and Vieira still had a couple of seasons in France and he's hardly doing much exciting at Palace is he? There will always be talented managers that hit the ground running but loads of them just end up "failures" before they even get started.

Lampard should have stuck at Derby for a few years instead of falling for the Chelsea love story, now he's a busted flush.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yeah there’s endless evidence to confirm that being a great player doesn’t mean you will be a great manager. In fact 90% of the best managers of all time weren’t brilliant players.
Doesn't mean much, the amount of brilliant players isn't that much to begin with, compared with the population of people that have an interest in football but couldn't make it as players.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
This is a superb point, IMO. Neville and Scholes are the same at times with their viewpoints. (For example, both believe United is not a ‘possession-based club’ and should have wingers spamming the box with crosses for 90 minutes every week. :houllier: )

These one-club guys think everything should be exactly how they experienced things for time immemorial. Mental, really.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Arteta had 3 years as Pep's right hand man and Vieira still had a couple of seasons in France and he's hardly doing much exciting at Palace is he? There will always be talented managers that hit the ground running but loads of them just end up "failures" before they even get started.

Lampard should have stuck at Derby for a few years instead of falling for the Chelsea love story, now he's a busted flush.
Lampard has never looked a competent manager though, so its hard to blame him for riding the wave while it was carrying him.