Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Dyche would be mad to take that job now. If it was the summer maybe but not now
Dyche will jump at it. He will be able to see the way the wind is blowing. It’s all about progressive football and young, fashionable managers now.

If he doesn’t go for something like this, he will struggle to get back into the PL, despite his good work at Burnley.

ShinjiNinja26

Long overdue. The way the likes of him and Gerrard get so much leeway and opportunities simply off the back of their name is a joke. What they did as players should have absolutely zero relevance when it comes to getting a job as manager. It should be earned on merit just like everyone else.

MUFC OK

Sean Dyche is probably the best they could do in the circumstances. Alternatively the bloke at WBA could be a shout.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Long overdue. The way the likes of him and Gerrard get so much leeway and opportunities simply off the back of their name is a joke. What they did as players should have absolutely zero relevance when it comes to getting a job as manager. It should be earned on merit just like everyone else.
How do you earn the merit to be a manager without getting a job?

ShinjiNinja26

How do you earn the merit to be a manager without getting a job?
You do what every other aspiring manager does and take time to learn your trade at a lower level before taking a bigger job once you’ve proved yourself. Now I suppose you could say Gerrard done that at Rangers but I still think he went too early and thought he was better than he actually was. Lampard supposedly turned down a fair few jobs at smaller clubs before taking the Everton one and has been exposed again. That said maybe I’m being a bit harsh and really it’s on these clubs offering them the jobs in the first place as they’d be harder to turn down, but they’re now finding that out the hard way I suppose.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You do what every other aspiring manager does and take time to learn your trade at a lower level before taking a bigger job once you’ve proved yourself. Now I suppose you could say Gerrard done that at Rangers but I still think he went too early and thought he was better than he actually was. Lampard supposedly turned down a fair few jobs at smaller clubs before taking the Everton one and has been exposed again. That said maybe I’m being a bit harsh and really it’s on these clubs offering them the jobs in the first place as they’d be harder to turn down, but they’re now finding that out the hard way I suppose.
You could also argue that he did that at a lower level by managing Derby, I might be wrong but the Everton fans didn't seem to think he was the problem, they're against the board so I'm guessing the protesting won't stop

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He's an actual football manager so would ultimately be a lot better than Lampard, but that squad trying to learn to play Bielsa football in a first couple of games against Arsenal and Liverpool is a recipe for the 9-0 PL record to go.

BuzzKillington

Sean Dyche is probably the best they could do in the circumstances. Alternatively the bloke at WBA could be a shout.
They’d be better going down now and implementing Bielsa or some other more modern style of football than cling on the the prem with a Brexit squad and 1980’s football with Dyche. They’d end up going down in the long run when they inevitably get bored of Dyche anyway.

hobbers

Bielsa would be smart.

Imagine letting a no mark like Lampard relegate you when you've got Bielsa sat on his arse waiting for a job.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Awww he was doing so well :lol:

Dyche would be a good solid move for Everton right now. They need to get a grip and fast and pretty football isn’t working.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's an actual football manager so would ultimately be a lot better than Lampard, but that squad trying to learn to play Bielsa football in a first couple of games against Arsenal and Liverpool is a recipe for the 9-0 PL record to go.
I’d be quite happy for Bielsa to break some of these spoilt cnuts.

C'est Moi Cantona

Bielsa would be great, but not sure he'll save them if he's not given at least the chance of getting some of his own players in.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You do what every other aspiring manager does and take time to learn your trade at a lower level before taking a bigger job once you’ve proved yourself.
Yeah you are spouting nonsense.

Not every aspiring manager has done this. Real life isn't Football Manager, you don't have to go to Accrington Stanley and over perform to earn a shot at West Ham...

The only required qualifications for being a manager are:

1. Getting your coaching badges
2. Passing the interview

Voila: you're a manager and can go as high as your profile takes you.

Blood Mage

About 5 weeks too late. Shocking negligence by the Everton board to just let him limp on and on.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He seemed to have aged 10 years in the last year.

Someone

Something
He had no business managing Chelsea or Everton. It's weird how some managers in football seem to just find work at the highest level without any merit.

Marwood

Dyche will jump at it. He will be able to see the way the wind is blowing. It’s all about progressive football and young, fashionable managers now.

If he doesn’t go for something like this, he will struggle to get back into the PL, despite his good work at Burnley.
Agree with that.

And I think its easy as a fan to forget about money.

Take the Everton job. Do well and earn lots. Don't do well and earn lots. Its a win either way. You can't turn that down if you're Dyche.

Dazzmondo

Bielsa will 100% bring Everton down if they go for him. He doesn't have the players in that Everton squad to play the way he wants. Long term he might bring them back up but so many ins and outs needed and not sure Everton are in a financial situation where that's viable. Dyche definitely has the better chance at keeping them up, even if his style of football isn't as pretty. Of course, their decision to go with Lampard in the first place was monumentally stupid and probably suggests they're going to go down regardless.

CM

Everton should push the boat for Ange Postecoglu.
Why would he leave for Everton? He'd be mad to do it, he'll have another league title with Celtic by the end of the season and he'd be leaving that for a relegation scrap with a club with no real prospects.

CM

Bielsa would be a mad appointment for Everton to make. Their fans might want positive football but he's not the guy you want when you're in a dogfight and are inheriting a group of players lacking confidence. Guaranteed schlongings if they come up against any decent outfit.

mu4c_20le

Ole ole ole ole

oles at the wheel
Even if he could turn things around with vibes, he is not a miracle worker. That's a championship team they have there, they replaced Richarlison with players like Garner and McNeil. I laughed at Lampard last season but he was only allowed to spend 20m net this year on dross.

Dazzmondo

Even if he could turn things around with vibes, he is not a miracle worker. That's a championship team they have there, they replaced Richarlison with players like Garner and McNeil. I laughed at Lampard last season but he was only allowed to spend 20m net this year on dross.
It was a real challenge not to laugh when I saw Everton fans on here trying to defend the signings they were making. You didn't exactly need hindsight to see that they were continuing to go backwards. I assume FFP will continue to be an issue for them going forward. No idea where they go from here. Danjuma's a good player but signing him before even getting a new manager in also seems very suspect unless they've already confirmed with the new manager that he wants that player.