Frank Lampard | New Diary of a CEO interview

ti vu

Is there any possible set of results that could see Chelsea relegated? No matter how unlikely. Cos I could see lampard managing it somehow if it is
Possible mathematically wise, but impossible given Leeds and Leceister remaining fixture. They require to win against the like of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, while only draw against the like of West Ham to get all of them up the table.

lex talionis

I never disliked Frank Lampard the footballer -- in contrast to the shitbag John Terry, who celebrated upon hearing the news of 9/11 -- so I do feel bad for him now. This is worse than Ole, worse than Neville, certainly worse than Keane and worse than any legend of any club who tried his hand at club management.

As Harry Callahan once put it -- a man's got to know his limitations.

jm99

Possible mathematically wise, but impossible given Leeds and Leceister remaining fixture. They require to win against the like of Arsenal, Liverpool, City, while only draw against the like of West Ham to get all of them up the table.
That's a shame. Looking at Chelsea's remaining fixtures, it's hard to see them winning any apart from forest at home, 42 points would be a total embarrassment

jm99

"Is it because he's...German?"

Couldn't make it up.
I love the "what has nagelsmann done except win a Bundesliga?" Frank was so crap the last time they fired him mid-season and brought in someone else who won the champions league with the same squad

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I love the "what has nagelsmann done except win a Bundesliga?" Frank was so crap the last time they fired him mid-season and brought in someone else who won the champions league with the same squad
True, but questioning Nagelsmann is well deserved. The bigger his jobs became, the less impressive Nagelsmann looked.

jm99

True, but questioning Nagelsmann is well deserved. The bigger his jobs became, the less impressive Nagelsmann looked.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying nagelsmann is definitely the best choice for them or anything, but questioning his cv then saying lampard would be a better choice, when his cv is just getting fired twice is lunacy

Castia

Ragnick got absolutely blasted by the press and pundits yet Lampard seems to be plodding along unscathed

I remember after the first 2 games this season and the jury was out on ETH, I’ll never forget Neville and Carragher going after him in that interview

Mercurial

If this continues for much longer he will go from Super Frank to Subpar Frank

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Rangnick got absolutely blasted by the press and pundits yet Lampard seems to be plodding along unscathed

I remember after the first 2 games this season and the jury was out on ETH, I’ll never forget Neville and Carragher going after him in that interview
I am not sure the comparison is completely equal.you had relegation form with RR and that’s where the similarities end. Your squad needed a lift but it was the players shooting themselves in the foot. Your squad was fully capable of doing better.

What we see at Chelsea is a shitshow from top to bottom. Lampard was never the right choice for the job, it was a desperate attempt at trying to gain favour with the fans. It’s failed spectacularly as everyone with an ounce of sense knew it would. He is undoubtedly a shit manager but what’s going on is not his fault, he just never had the ability to correct it.

Even before Potters sacking I continued to say that no manager would have faired any better. I will continue to preach that. The manager is not the cause of these issues. It’s the morons running the club. Results will not improve until next season at the very least, even if Frank is fired tomorrow. Our season is over and we just need to hope 39 points isenough.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
I am not sure the comparison is completely equal.you had relegation form with RR and that’s where the similarities end. Your squad needed a lift but it was the players shooting themselves in the foot. Your squad was fully capable of doing better.

What we see at Chelsea is a shitshow from top to bottom. Lampard was never the right choice for the job, it was a desperate attempt at trying to gain favour with the fans. It’s failed spectacularly as everyone with an ounce of sense knew it would. He is undoubtedly a shit manager but what’s going on is not his fault, he just never had the ability to correct it.

Even before Potters sacking I continued to say that no manager would have faired any better. I will continue to preach that. The manager is not the cause of these issues. It’s the morons running the club. Results will not improve until next season at the very least, even if Frank is fired tomorrow. Our season is over and we just need to hope 39 points isenough.
So is yours. You’ve spent over half a billion pounds on it.

Dansk

...not someone who might have a more impressive power-point display but knows nothing about the club or our league.
Someone should ask that guy how many of the PL's best managers had played in the league themselves, let alone for the club they managed successfully. I looked up an arbitrary list of the top 10 PL managers and the answer is... one, Kenny Dalglish, bottom of that list.

Last edited:

AndySmith1990

Is there any possible set of results that could see Chelsea relegated? No matter how unlikely. Cos I could see lampard managing it somehow if it is
Impossible. The teams in the relegation zone are so utterly shit they'd need another 20 games to catch Chelsea, even if Chelsea never won another game

crossy1686

career ending
Rangnick got absolutely blasted by the press and pundits yet Lampard seems to be plodding along unscathed

Frank has taken "impossible jobs" according to the media.

Mike Smalling

Would be hilarious if he ended that caretaker job with zero% win rate.
It’s more likely than not at this stage. They are conceding loads and not scoring, making it extremely difficult to win games. And they are up against a Bournemouth side in decent form, Forest scrapping for survival, Newcastle, City and United.

I’d be surprised if they got a win.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Tuchel’s first 6 matches of the season at Chelsea: W3 D1 L2
Potter's first 6 matches at Chelsea W5 D1 L0
Potter’s last 6 matches at Chelsea: W3 D1 L2
Lampard’s first six matches at Chelsea: W0 D0 L6

Should never have sacked Potter

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is all on the players, 100% and beyond. Downing tools beyond measure.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Yeah, really strange that they did. Fair, results were taking a dip again but the metrics showed that it was finally starting to click and they just needed a bit of luck in certain areas. If they still wanted to get rid of Potter the time was in the summer, not when they did.

Castia

Oh I do agree the situations aren’t exactly the same but I’ve barely heard anyone criticising Lampard and that’s because half the pundits are probably his mate

The way they went after ETH 2 games into the season really pissed me off I’m hoping at some point Neville and Carragher explain themselves for that interview because it’s car crash tv, they set it up like a ‘got him’ interview and they were almost laughing at him the cringy bastards

Castia

They were creating chances and at least in the game under Potter. They’d struggle against Wrexham at the minute

Oldyella

That mini run Potter went on towards end of his stint looking very important now. 6 points was it?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
No doubt Lampard is terrible, but i dont think any manager could do well in the current shitshow that is Chelsea. The way the club has been run since Bohely took over is just astoundingly bad. They have a bloated squad, bloated wage bill and considering all the new arrivals i cant imagine there is much cohesion and harmony in that dressing room.

Even if they hired someone like Pep or Klopp it will take years and years to sort out that shite and that is assuming Bohely stops meddling and shooting himself in the foot

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
They were creating chances and at least in the game under Potter. They’d struggle against Wrexham at the minute
That FC Series friendly game between Chelsea and Wrexham in July maybe their only chance of silverware in 2023!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's a very selective way at looking at things. RR actually started ok and things went to shit towards the tail end of the season, but he still actually won some games. Also that last piece is absurd if you don't believe your squad is capable of "doing better" than what it's showing.

KeanoMagicHat

Apparently they used 32 players this year in PL.

Thirty two.
Boehly bought so many players in January that they couldn’t even register them for the Champions League if you want the perfect example of an executive with no idea of the game. Woodward 2.0.

Having too many senior players in a squad is a recipe for toxicity and as bad as not having enough, United last season a perfect example with Lingard, Pogba, Van de Beek and others unhappy and souring the camp.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was obvious that no one would touch Ole after he left us but I expect Lampard to get another job with a Championship side next year despite being worse.

Last edited:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
This is all on the players, 100% and beyond. Downing tools beyond measure.
It's the message conveyed from up high. If you higher a manager "until the end of the season", when there's little chance of European qualification or relegation it just sends the message that the current season is a write off.