Frank Lampard - Worst signing in MLS history?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Just wait until Rooney goes over there.

Devil81

I'm sorry to say, if you take a semi-retired player to a league to boost the league's profile, don't expect them to bust a gut.

They should concentrate on getting young eager players, all these over the hill veterans are just milking it.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Not surprising, really. He clearly went purely for the money and has been half-arsing it since he announced his intention to go State-side.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm sorry to say, if you take a semi-retired player to a league to boost the league's profile, don't expect them to bust a gut.

They should concentrate on getting young eager players, all these over the hill veterans are just milking it.
Pretty much. Gerrard seems to be doing okay over there but constantly talks about returning to Liverpool sooner rather than later and it being his home.

Red_toad

3 goals in 10 games is a decent return, being injured isn't his fault & a very dubious contract and what the clubs told the fans is the issue. Feckin City & their owners

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
As someone who follows MLS he's easily not the worst.

I'm a season ticket holder of the red bulls / metrostars and we've had some terrible awful signings without the off the field success as Lampard.

Saying all that it's better he's injuried for NYCFC cause a midfield with him and Pirlo cannot function.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What on earth did they expect from a cnut who laughed at and bollocked a bunch of Americans in an airport the day after 9/11. New Yorkers should seriously throttle this phat wanker.
Really? I never knew that. This is the same Lampard who come across as quite an intelligent and well educated person right?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
What on earth did they expect from a cnut who laughed at and bollocked a bunch of Americans in an airport the day after 9/11. New Yorkers should seriously throttle this phat wanker.
I have to say I was pretty shocked when they signed him, and talk about thick skin.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Really? I never knew that. This is the same Lampard who come across as quite an intelligent and well educated person right?
He´s "Tory" intelligent and well educated. In vino veritus

On 23 September 2001, Lampard, along with three other Chelsea players was fined two weeks wages by the club for his behaviour whilst on a drinking binge on 12 September. Lampard and the others had abused American tourists at a Heathrow hotel, just 24 hours after the 11 September attacks. A hotel manager stated "they were utterly disgusting. They just didn't seem to care about what had happened".

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was Terry? Or were they together?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs

On 23 September 2001, Lampard, along with three other Chelsea players was fined two weeks wages by the club for his behaviour whilst on a drinking binge on 12 September. Lampard and the others had abused American tourists at a Heathrow hotel, just 24 hours after the 11 September attacks. A hotel manager stated "they were utterly disgusting. They just didn't seem to care about what had happened".
Lampard, Terry, Sinclair and Gudjohnsen I believe?

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

Abominable behavior no doubt but they were drunk and like 20/21 years old.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Now him, I'm not in the least bit surprised.

If he went to Paris in padded jacket shouting Allah Akbar I wouldn't be shocked
Me neither.

And my mistake it wasn't Sinclair but of course that lovable rogue Jody Morris with them.

ravi2

I follow the MLS but actually forgot he played here.
PS: I will be seeing Gerrard next month when LA Galaxy come to play my beloved TFC!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
But there´s something beyond simply being drunk and teasing stranded American tourists with your cock out on 9/12. I think the alcohol uncovered the real Phat Phranky. Just like what happened when he uncovered himself before . . .

That's a West ham fan if I'm not mistaken.He endeared himself to the cockneys with his anti West Ham remarks

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
NYCFC games become an utter joke when him and Pirlo are playing. Neither has any interest in defending so the games are laughably open. It's been quite clear since he joined he isn't really giving his all or enjoying it.

Deleted member 101472

Jermaine Defoe the worst ever for me , spoken to some Toronto fans who saw him in one of the sports bars here and had a go at him for not bothering his arse , apparently he applied " I'll deal with it when I check my bank account "