Frank Lampard - Worst signing in MLS history?

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
He´s "Tory" intelligent and well educated. In vino veritus

On 23 September 2001, Lampard, along with three other Chelsea players was fined two weeks wages by the club for his behaviour whilst on a drinking binge on 12 September. Lampard and the others had abused American tourists at a Heathrow hotel, just 24 hours after the 11 September attacks. A hotel manager stated "they were utterly disgusting. They just didn't seem to care about what had happened".
Weren't these allegations proven false?

PieCrust

I mean they play their soccer in the outfield a freaking baseball stadium. How seriously can you really expect the players to be when that's the case?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Jermaine Defoe the worst ever for me , spoken to some Toronto fans who saw him in one of the sports bars here and had a go at him for not bothering his arse , apparently he applied " I'll deal with it when I check my bank account "
Nah, not even close. He scored every 142 minutes and a goal/assist every 107 minutes. He had some injuries and was homesick so didn't work long term but he was a class above anything ever seen at the club before and walked through defences with ease. Nowhere near the worst ever signing.

Deleted member 101472

Nah, not even close. He scored every 142 minutes and a goal/assist every 107 minutes. He had some injuries and was homesick so didn't work long term but he was a class above anything ever seen at the club before and walked through defences with ease. Nowhere near the worst ever signing.
I'm basing it off the not really caring attitude . Compare it with giovincos attitude . Actually saw him and Altidore in Real sports bar ( I'm just assuming you're from Toronto here ) during the real juventus CL game and he was just acting so normal with all the juventus / Toronto fans who were shocked that he was even in the same section of the bar as them.

Back to the point , Defoe could have gone down as a legend at the club has he given it his all . Now when people think of him it will just be about that god awful commercial they did for him

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Weren't these allegations proven false?
Completely true and the eye witness accounts plus reports from the concerned public and and hotel manager paint the picture of 5 absolutely disgusting cnuts.

The way Lampard then wanted the whole world to feel sorry for him after the death of a family member sums him up, he's a piece of crap.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Can I just confirm was he abusing those American tourists about 9/11 itself or was he just being a dick toward them whilst drunk and it just happened to be the day after 9/11.

Big difference between the two for me.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Can I just confirm was he abusing those American tourists about 9/11 itself or was he just being a dick toward them whilst drunk and it just happened to be the day after 9/11.

Big difference between the two for me.
This is the version from The News of the World tabloid...
FIVE-HOUR booze-fuelled rampage in the wake of the world’s worst terrorist attack” that involved “STRIPPING naked, LAUGHING and VOMITING in front of shocked and grieving Americans in a hotel bar.”
Posthouse manager Vishal Ramkisson told us: “They were utterly disgusting. They just didn’t seem to care about what had happened.

“We had a lot of Americans here and were simply trying to comfort them in their hour of need. Meanwhile these men were laughing and joking, taking off their clothes and abusing our guests.

“One of them was walking around laughing with everything hanging out while on TV there were crying firemen searching for bodies. It was sick.”

There one of the players took off his trousers and pants and exposed himself to a packed bar watching TV footage of the tragedy across the Atlantic.

This is Lampard's version..
t was just after 5 o’clock and we had been at it for a few hours. They had Sky News on in the corner and some people were sat around waiting for answers the same as the rest of the world. I don’t imagine our entrance was graceful but we found a table away from the main area where we could carry on with the banter without affecting anyone else. We ordered some food and drink and were in the mood to have a laugh.

It was the wrong decision, a stupid thing to do on the day after so many people had lost their lives in America. I look back now and I realize how naive it was to put ourselves in that situation. There is no excuse. As high-profile footballers it was a very bad idea to go out drinking at such a sensitive time.

However, I can honestly say that we did not at any point abuse any Americans who were in that bar. We didn’t shout at them or moon at them. The most we were guilty of was being loud and a bit rowdy but we kept ourselves to ourselves. Of course, that was not how it appeared in the press.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I seem to remember more credible sources reporting that bit of news. And the former version, not Frank's we wuz just chilin one.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
This is the version from The News of the World tabloid...
FIVE-HOUR booze-fuelled rampage in the wake of the world’s worst terrorist attack” that involved “STRIPPING naked, LAUGHING and VOMITING in front of shocked and grieving Americans in a hotel bar.”
Posthouse manager Vishal Ramkisson told us: “They were utterly disgusting. They just didn’t seem to care about what had happened.

“We had a lot of Americans here and were simply trying to comfort them in their hour of need. Meanwhile these men were laughing and joking, taking off their clothes and abusing our guests.

“One of them was walking around laughing with everything hanging out while on TV there were crying firemen searching for bodies. It was sick.”

There one of the players took off his trousers and pants and exposed himself to a packed bar watching TV footage of the tragedy across the Atlantic.

This is Lampard's version..
t was just after 5 o’clock and we had been at it for a few hours. They had Sky News on in the corner and some people were sat around waiting for answers the same as the rest of the world. I don’t imagine our entrance was graceful but we found a table away from the main area where we could carry on with the banter without affecting anyone else. We ordered some food and drink and were in the mood to have a laugh.

It was the wrong decision, a stupid thing to do on the day after so many people had lost their lives in America. I look back now and I realize how naive it was to put ourselves in that situation. There is no excuse. As high-profile footballers it was a very bad idea to go out drinking at such a sensitive time.

However, I can honestly say that we did not at any point abuse any Americans who were in that bar. We didn’t shout at them or moon at them. The most we were guilty of was being loud and a bit rowdy but we kept ourselves to ourselves. Of course, that was not how it appeared in the press.
Thanks, so according to Frank the latter, and any disturbance he caused was not directed at them in any case. Interesting.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
It wasn't only reported in the NOTW. Didn't it take Lampard 13 years to try and justify his behaviour and even then it was for money?

The Lampard's are no different to the Terry's, probably why they are so close, JT with his racist drug dealing old man and Frank with his convicted Paedophile uncle, add their personal behaviour in and quite the families.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I like lampard, he's a down to earth true professional and i think he's just unlucky.
Aye. I think we've all made or done a couple of stupid things. It's a problem when you consistently do cnutish things.

My perception of lampard is that he's a decent guy. But then again, we all thought the same of someone much, much closer to us :nervous: