Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

Most of the recent money should have been spent on defenders, instead they went cheap on defence bringing in 36 year old Thiago on a free.

The fruits of that transfer strategy are now evident and no manager is going to sort it out without bringing in some quality defenders.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You can see why he wanted Rice. Maybe Chelsea should've prioritised him over one of Havertz, Ziyech or Werner.

GMoore23

He's a lot like Mourinho in being critical of his players regularly in post match interviews.
I think that's his biggest problem and he's probably losing the dressing room for it.

TheReligion

Abusive
I just don't understand what he's trying to do with this side. Really don't. Must be so infuriating for Chelsea fans. Look at the game now; 3 down at home 65 minutes in. First changes are like for like swaps. No change in style or ambition. Why not get on another forward like Giroud. Put two up top and get the ball into the box. You know mix it up?

He just seems clueless. Maybe I'm being harsh.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Perhaps more worrying than the results is the lack of impact from the new signings, you can’t spend the money he has to bench one 90m player most of the season and to see his other big money striker not score for 12 games.
The thing is, the top half of the table is crazy tight right now, all it takes is a few wins on the spin and you'll sprial up the table at a rapid rate. United were midtable a few weeks back, we're joint top now

Getting those wins is easier said than done, admittedly, especially if the manager can't get the team to function as intended or the squad have lost faith in him.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
City had a game canceled and are in form. You have to play conservative in a game like this. Sit back and hit on the break.

Frank dropped the ball big time.

Also, Chelsea scored so many from corners that it was likely to 3nd at some point.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Rice wont do anything in this side. If hes smart he will stay away.
Isn't he a Chelsea fan? Plus, say what you want about Chelsea, but they're a very successful club. More likely than not you'll win a fair bit there.

Tallis

Chelsea have a big problem with their two expensive German signings. Both are on big wages - not easy to move them on. They have to figure out a way to make them work with or without Lampard.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Should have stuck with Giroud, they might have had half a chance of retaining some possession

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
7th - 10th are on 26 points but 2 of those have 1-2 games in hand. Funnily enough, Chelsea are also only 3 points behind last year's point total at this stage. It's just that the points are more evenly spread out in the top this time around.

But considering the substantial amount of investment Roman has done in 2020, there's no way he's thinking this is acceptable. And more to the point: Slagging your players off in public is going to have a positive impact 0% of the time.

In comparison, here's a statement from Luke Shaw regarding Ole, after Ole defends and compliments his players until he's blue in the face no matter what they do:

“We’re all aware how the manager has tried to take the criticism on himself this season,” the left-back said.

“We admire him for that, but there does come a time as a player when you have to look at yourself and realise that it’s all on you.

“The manager can’t keep defending us and taking the criticism. It’s up to us now – we’re the ones who need to shoulder the blame and start performing on the pitch.

Ole is different to managers I’ve played for in the past at United who have not been slow in criticising us.

“Every manager has their own way of doing things and as a professional you just have to accept that they believe that the best way to be successful is their way.

“In the dressing room he always lets us know if we aren’t doing the thing he expects from us. But there isn’t a lot he can do once we go out onto the pitch. Then it is down to us.”

Loyalty breeds loyalty. Having someones back is an actual thing and you will find that people will, assuming they have a spine, go the extra mile for you, if you have shown that you are willing to take one for the collective good.

Is Lampards style of public leadership contributing positively to Chelsea? Of course not.

SER19

We should get him here if Chelsea part ways. Far better than solskjaer.

Or something

Sanche7

86 minutes played at home and all they have managed is one shot on target. Not looking good for Lampard

TheReligion

Abusive
Could you please quote Lampard where he did that? I've genuinely not seen him slagging players off.
What's with the lack of ambition and tactics today?

I like to wind you lot up but this must be infuriating. I just see nothing from Frank to try and get back in this. I also have no idea what you were set up to do in the first place.

Wilt

This could Lamps swansong.

Any danger Chelsea may not get CL next season he’ll be sacked. Abramovich doesn’t feck about.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Could you please quote Lampard where he did that? I've genuinely not seen him slagging players off.
I've seen a interview where he was vocal about attackers not doing their job, and another incident where he was very critical of a situation that a player created, Ill see if I can find the actual quote somewhere online so it's just not hearsay.

But to be fair, Arteta is way, way worse in that regard.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Won the second half, he’s back. :devil:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
7th - 10th are on 26 points but 2 of those have 1-2 games in hand. Funnily enough, Chelsea are also only 3 points behind last year's point total at this stage. It's just that the points are more evenly spread out in the top this time around.

But considering the substantial amount of investment Roman has done in 2020, there's no way he's thinking this is acceptable. And more to the point: Slagging your players off in public is going to have a positive impact 0% of the time.

In comparison, here's a statement from Luke Shaw regarding Ole, after Ole defends and compliments his players until he's blue in the face no matter what they do:

“We’re all aware how the manager has tried to take the criticism on himself this season,” the left-back said.

“We admire him for that, but there does come a time as a player when you have to look at yourself and realise that it’s all on you.

“The manager can’t keep defending us and taking the criticism. It’s up to us now – we’re the ones who need to shoulder the blame and start performing on the pitch.

Ole is different to managers I’ve played for in the past at United who have not been slow in criticising us.

“Every manager has their own way of doing things and as a professional you just have to accept that they believe that the best way to be successful is their way.

“In the dressing room he always lets us know if we aren’t doing the thing he expects from us. But there isn’t a lot he can do once we go out onto the pitch. Then it is down to us.”

Loyalty breeds loyalty. Having someones back is an actual thing and you will find that people will, assuming they have a spine, go the extra mile for you, if you have shown that you are willing to take one for the collective good.

Is Lampards style of public leadership contributing positively to Chelsea? Of course not.
This is why you sign players who have actually have character. Having character doesn't mean sprinting or going in for a crunch, rather its about loyalty and having a backbone.

Tony247

Strange he was quite alright last season and suddenly this season seems confused with so many options now he has.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'd love him to stay until the end of the season and learn how to come out of the other side of these ruts. I love the guy for what he did here as a player, but i am also one of those who thinks you simply have to seperate Lamps the player from the manager.

For what he did as a player, i simply would love him to stay for as long as he wants.
For his managerial ability alone? I think i have to take my blue tinted glasses off and admit it the job does seem to be beyond him. :(

Remember that experienced number 2 i was on about who can help when you're out of ideas? Aye, that.

Last edited:

cyberman

Isn't he a Chelsea fan? Plus, say what you want about Chelsea, but they're a very successful club. More likely than not you'll win a fair bit there.
Na, not now with the jump in quality of the league. Chopping and changing managers wont work in this league anymore imo. Putting a different manager in charge of this side wont take them above City, Liverpool or the work Ole has done. In this day and age you really have to think long term.
Plus I dont think Rice is good enough to bring up their midfield. Like Scott, Matic etc he will always get the blame when play becomes static through midfield.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You can see them going for 1 of the German coaches, seeing they have invested £130M in 2 German players who are off form, you can see them thinking a German coach will help get the best out of them.

I would normally back Lampard, like I'm doing with Arteta, like I would Ole, but the difference is, I know that's not how Chelsea would usually operate.

SAFMUTD

Too short sighted. He has a vision and system which will need time to bed. The board needs to show some patience by allowing him contract time to gets things back to winning ways.
I Hope Chelsea's board thinks like you, it's hard enough to battle Liverpool and City, we don't need Chelsea with a proper manager.

sport2793

From the Athletic article: "In the wake of a limp 3-1 defeat at the Emirates Stadium, Lampard publicly criticised his players and singled out Werner, who was substituted along with Mateo Kovacic at half-time."

Status
Not open for further replies.