Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Tuchel is taking over not bothered about that going from one failure to another suits me just fine..

Glorio

I think he may have lost the dressing room which tbf we learned is quite easy at Chelsea.
If Lampard was among those players who pushed managers out, I'd have no sympathy. In fact, it would be quite satisfying, as far as I know though, he always gave his all for his managers and team mates

Alemar

Irrelevant for this season and Mount wasn't a regular but he earned his place since those foreign signings did feck all.
It’s a bit different actually. Like it or not, Abramovich paid hundreds of millions for these several expensive signings, it’s an investment. He spends money, and then Lampard just plays Mount instead - effectively saying that Abramovich just wasted funds. To add to that, Lampard didn’t have results to back his stance - so the sack

Dorris

Poor Rice will never have his dream move to Chelsea now. Though I wish Lamps had of been sanctioned silly money to buy him.
Top player. Him burning you Irish fans doesn’t change that. Hope we take advantage of it, he’d be perfect for us.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It’s a bit different actually. Like it or not, Abramovich paid hundreds of millions for these several expensive signings, it’s an investment. He spends money, and then Lampard just plays Mount instead - effectively saying that Abramovich just wasted funds. To add to that, Lampard didn’t have results to back his stance - so the sack
The only big money player who can say Mount took their place is Havertz, who had a ton of games and was utter garbage for most of them, don't you agree?

Werner always played, Puli and Ziyech always played.

Lampard might not have got these guys performing but you can't say he didn't pick them, he did.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don't disagree but just saying that the particular example of Mount isn't valid here.

TheReligion

Abusive
Doesn't Tuchel usually fall out with everyone at some point? Interesting. I'm actually surprised they haven't given him the season. Pretty much zero loyalty shown and has confirmed suspicions that they won't ever change their philosophy/methods despite the suggestion they were going for a cultural long term reboot.

Ace of Spades

Seems harsh but losing a Championship playoff final does not qualify you for a job such as Chelsea.

He was however offered the job of his dreams within a year of becoming a manager so he was always going to take it.

In a decade he will probably look back and think that was silly.

Abramovich has to take some responsibility here for the same reason, I get that Lampard is a club legend as a player but where's the managerial apprenticeship?

Surely you should have to do more to earn these top jobs. If he'd have had success elsewhere he was always going to get the job one day so why not be patient?

Gerrard has been clever by going to a job where he had a 50/50 chance of winning the title early in his managerial career. When they close out the league this season he's put a huge tick in a box and the powers that be at Liverpool will obviously have noticed for future reference.

Arteta and Ole are in similar boats to Lampard, no managerial success of note at any decent level, they're under extra pressure and will be cut no slack. Fortunately for us at the moment Ole is doing very well!

But the proof is in the pudding at the end of the season, there's a reason it's been Klopp vs. Pep for the last few seasons.

Edit: I forgot to mention Lampard has a right to have expected a lot more from his 2 German forwards, especially Werner.
Ole is not in the same boat as Lampard. Lampard and Arteta both have very little experience as managers, both have just started their careers as managers.

Ole has been a manager for a good few years, and won the league in Norway. His only job outside that the was at Cardiff, and he took over a side that was already nailed on to be relegated.

Also, it has only been Pep vs Klopp for the past two years, if you can even call it that. Last season City came second with almost the same difference that we did to City under Jose. So, it only really was one season of Pep vs Klopp.

Shark

@NotShark
Really not surprised, actually surprised it wasn't much sooner. Watch Chelsea go on a mad run of results now.

red4ever 79

No surprise. Many of these ex-players getting big jobs way before they are ready. People condemn and mock Ole but at least he has managed other clubs and had experiences. What did Fwank do? was it one year at Derby, straight into Chelsea? Rooney will be a similar point you would think. Gerrard at least had the Liverpool under 23's I think

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The only big money player who can say Mount took their place is Havertz, who had a ton of games and was utter garbage for most of them, don't you agree?

Werner always played, Puli and Ziyech always played.

Lampard might not have got these guys performing but you can't say he didn't pick them, he did.
Could see the dressing room problem in the game yesterday. That is why I posted after the game. Mount has played well for us, as you say. Issue was generally how most of the dressing room viewed things imo.

Reports around Rudiger, Kovacic and others had such big issues they went directly to Marina about them.

I hope Tuchel can keep academy prospects in the team but also get best out of all the rest. Then we will be a very good side.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Really that big transfer windows was the worst thing to happen to him.
They bought half a team of starters. I absolutely agree that the summer spending spree is alone at fault for Frank's sacking. They should have focused on upgrading the back end, they were more than good enough offensively last year.

I do feel a little bit bad for Frank, I wonder where he'l go from here.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Apparently Tuchel is set to be given a 4.5 year contract. Bit weird given Mourinho from 2004-2007 is the only manager to stay in a job at Chelsea for more than 2 years since Abramovich bought the club.
His agent deserves any commission that's coming his way. If it all goes wrong for Tuchel a year down the line he'll be in for a colossal pay-out.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Could see the dressing room problem in the game yesterday. That is why I posted after the game. Mount has played well for us, as you say. Issue was generally how most of the dressing room viewed things imo.

Reports around Rudiger, Kovacic and others had such big issues they went directly to Marina about them.

I hope Tuchel can keep academy prospects in the team but also get best out of all the rest. Then we will be a very good side.
That's a rather interesting point, and speaks loudly to just how important man management is in a football club. In Manchester United, Scott McTominay spoke on behalf of the players and urged the board to keep him despite the bad results.

I wonder what the issue has been with Franks style of personell leadership. Has he actually been bad or are there dramaqueens in the squad?

Alemar

I do agree. And it was very unfortunate for Lampard because Havertz in particular was the most expensive signing.

what I do not understand is why Lampard wanted to hoard all these attackers in the first place? It was unwise transfer policy to my liking (although I am a Man Utd supporter so my preferences are probably not that relevant)

Glorio

I wonder who told him. Maybe an awkward convo with Petr Cech.
After Petr participates and has a shocker in training (still a keeper on their books right? :houllier: ):
Frank: Can I have a quiet word Petr
Petr: Sure
Frank: I'm not sure this arrangement is working...
Petr: No it really isn't - but the joke's on you mate. Clear your desk by the time I'm out of the showers

TheReligion

Abusive

That's a bit worrying about the mentality of the players if true I feel..

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That's a rather interesting point, and speaks loudly to just how important man management is in a football club. In Manchester United, Scott McTominay spoke on behalf of the players and urged the board to keep him despite the bad results.

I wonder what the issue has been with Franks style of personell leadership. Has he actually been bad or are there dramaqueens in the squad?
If The Athletic are to be believed, Lampard was a horrendous man manager - never shied away from making it clear who his favourites were and went months without communicating with those outside his circle.

littlepeasoup

Wonder what his career path looks like now. He's still a comparatively young manager, but does he drop back down to the Championship or move abroad to try and repair his reputation or maybe take some time away from the game?

Even with his stint at Derby, he's not exactly well credentialed.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Have to say, even given Abramovich being a maniac, I am astonished. I thought they'd given him at least until the end of the season if not another 12 months. Mind you, I was a bit amazed they gave him the job in the first place rather than have him as a number two first (if he'd have accepted that).

I hope they don't get Allegri as he might actually a) do a job for them and b) be strong enough to stand up to Abramovich - who the hell would want to work for that man!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Wonder what his career path looks like now. He's still a comparatively young manager, but does he drop back down to the Championship or move abroad to try and repair his reputation or maybe take some time away from the game?

Even with his stint at Derby, he's not exactly well credentialed.
to be fair neither was/is Ole!

Bojan11

The moment Tuchel became available, he was fecked.
Nah. They would have gone for Poch if Tuchel was not available. This has been long overdue from Chelsea standards when it comes to managers. Lampard got far more time than the usual struggling manager at Chelsea would.

Status
Not open for further replies.