Frank Lampard's Sack Watch / Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColvaleGoa

Unpopular Opinion - But I think Lampard is building something at Chelski like Ole. He needs time and patience. Will he get that at Chelski ,I don't know. I hope he doesn't ,as I don't like Chelski.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Lampard in a similar situation to Ole; working with a young, talented team who have shown their worth time and again this season, but like with any young team, consistency is a problem.

The problem he has, like Ole, is he works for a club that demands results.

TheReligion

Abusive
Unpopular Opinion - But I think Lampard is building something at Chelski like Ole. He needs time and patience. Will he get that at Chelski ,I don't know. I hope he doesn't ,as I don't like Chelski.
Lampard in a similar situation to Ole; working with a young, talented team who have shown their worth time and again this season, but like with any young team, consistency is a problem.

Mehh. He is and he isn't. Look at the team today. Yes there's the likes of Mount, Abraham and Pulisic in the 11 but the rest of the team are hardly babies are they? Azip, Rudiger, Emerson, Kante, Kovacic, Willian... Then they have Jorginho etc to come on.

The are hardly having as good of a go at the youth thing as us but they are certainly in transition and Frank needs time.

Alabaster Codify7

Lampard will be fine. Roman will give him the season and next if he can finish top 4-6 I reckon. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the market when hes given funds, too.

They have hit a bit of a wall at the moment, though.

Keefy18

Mehh. He is and he isn't. Look at the team today. Yes there's the likes of Mount, Abraham and Pulisic in the 11 but the rest of the team are hardly babies are they? Azip, Rudiger, Emerson, Kante, Kovacic, Willian... Then they have Jorginho etc to come on.

The are hardly having as good of a go at the youth thing as us but they are certainly in transition and Frank needs time.
Still managed to field the 2nd youngest starting XI of the season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/durchschnittsalter/wettbewerb/GB1

He's a good manager, similar situation to Ole as many state.

What pissed me off was folks bringing up his early form as a stick to beat Ole with... I mean, folks really have short memories cause Ole done exactly the same and their form was always going to drop off.

Djemba-Djemba

I still think he's been pretty decent so far but they're definitely having a wobble.

Hopefully we take advantage of it tomorrow.

SinNombre

If any of you guys are a believer of stats and regression to the mean, Chelsea's recent form is not really a surprise. They were significantly outperforming xPts for the early part of the season and these results have brought them back to par.

Now, we only need Liverpool and Leicester to do the same.

On topic, Lampard is doing ok for a first-time manager at a big club. His transfers in the Jan window will shed more light on his longer term future.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

This demanding results thing is getting old.

Yes we were quite demanding in he first decade of the Roman era because we had one of the best squads of PL history so anything other than a title challenge was unacceptable with such talent. This decade Jose got months to turn an all time collapse around, Conte was sacked due to behaviour not results and Sarri wasn't sacked atall even when he was breaking negative records stretching back decades.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’ll be unfair to sack a manager who has zero transfer window. I doubt they will sack him even if they don’t get CL. If they don’t even get Europa league spot then that’s different story.

jackal&hyde

Some silly people think we were transfer banned but they were wrong.

We were banned from registering new players and of course we didn't register any new players in the summer.
Fair enough :lol: Just keep your hands off Sancho.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

I wouldn't even class Pulisic as young in footballing terms. He's already racked up over 100 appearances for Borussia Dortmund and 34 caps for the US.

simplyared

Similar situation as Olle. He's jumped the gun in a way and is learning his trade at a big club. Didn't have the cv to take over Chelsea. Sentiment and nostalga took over and he was offered the job as with Olle. Could work out for both of them. Hope it does!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Even with experienced managers Chelsea have had some shocking results in December and January the past two seasons. Somethings in the water at Stamford Bridge.

cyberman

Chelsea havent won back to back games since October? They havent shown anything to show they have any worth as a team.
Even a large portion of their wins werent convincing, theyre just a strange side to judge.
Theres a sentiment here that this is the beginning of a wobble but theyve been tumbling for a while. Its why I dont think Frank will get funds in January, he has to prove he isnt a short term appointment

ManRed

They didn't hire Lampard looking at quick results but as a long term vision, similar to Ole with us. However, the results are terrible and if he replicates this over the next 10 games he would be gone. Pochettino is in the market and available. He would be tempted with managing another top London side.

RUCK4444

Lots of sack watching going on in here recently... each to their own

For what it’s worth I do not rate Lampards sack

SambaBoy

They won't and shouldn't sack him.

At the start of the season, most neutrals and Chelsea fans expected them to compete for the top 6, and most Chelsea fans were happy to see a new strategy for the long term over short term success in playing their youngsters.

That good run of form they have had has lifted expectations and some are now calling for his head.

Mr Smith

Can't see them sacking him unless they nosedive. They have a unique opportunity to have a bit of a soft reset at Chelsea; the transfer ban reduced expectations and gave Lampard license to play the young lads, which has really paid dividends.

Also Abramovic doesn't seem as keen to keep throwing money at problems the way he used to anymore, so someone like Lampard who could bring a bit of stability, if not necessarily amazing success, might be more attractive to the club hierarchy than it was in the past.

VJ1762

Some rumours that a shareholder of LA dodgers is trying to buy Chelsea for $3B. Would be interesting to see further developments regarding that.

I think Chelsea's problem is their squad is very tired and they don't have a defensive structure. While many of them may have been playing on loans elsewhere for a longer period of time, the premier league is an entirely different beast. I think the race for the last CL spot could go down to the wire.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Some rumours that a shareholder of LA dodgers is trying to buy Chelsea for $3B. Would be interesting to see further developments regarding that.

I think Chelsea's problem is their squad is very tired and they don't have a defensive structure. While many of them may have been playing on loans elsewhere for a longer period of time, the premier league is an entirely different beast. I think the race for the last CL spot could go down to the wire.
Just like last season when no side wanted it

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Loses a few games - let's have a sack watch. :lol:

First season in charge, had no transfer window to address clear problems in squad, had no Hazard to carry him like previous managers did, hardly five months to implement his own style of play with injuries to key players (Rudiger/Kante) for a while. And yet Chelsea are 4th, above free-spending United, CL-finalists Spurs and plucky sides like Wolves and Sheffield United.

They've played some brilliant attacking football already, with what I think are Fergie-esque patterns going forward. He has given Tammy Abraham a platform to truly break through this season (he looks like the real deal, despite his simple infuriating misses), as well as gotten good return from other youngsters like Mount, Tomori and Reece James (a top player in the making there).

Their defence looks very shaky at times, the young players are guilty of inconsistency and the lack of proper squad depth is quite apparent (Abraham / Azpi / Kante / Willian have all played 4 games in last 10 days). Of course there was going to be a dip at some point, especially with crucial CL games sandwiched between difficult PL fixtures.

It would be absolutely incredible if the board are even considering sacking Lampard instead of thinking about the upcoming transfer windows. He's already a good manager, and once he strengthens his squad with his own players, I'm certain he's going to win silverware with Chelsea a couple of years down the line.

Ace of Spades

He is doing okay, the transfer ban was not ideal but they have a fair bit of experience in their squad and some good young players coming through. Think I would like to see him given time, as I personally found Lampard one of the few players I liked at Chelsea and he seems a decent manager.

VJ1762

Loses a few games - let's have a sack watch. :lol:

First season in charge, had no transfer window to address clear problems in squad, had no Hazard to carry him like previous managers did, hardly five months to implement his own style of play with injuries to key players (Rudiger/Kante) for a while. And yet Chelsea are 4th, above free-spending United, CL-finalists Spurs and plucky sides like Wolves and Sheffield United.

They've played some brilliant attacking football already, with what I think are Fergie-esque patterns going forward. He has given Tammy Abraham a platform to truly break through this season (he looks like the real deal, despite his simple infuriating misses), as well as gotten good return from other youngsters like Mount, Tomori and Reece James (a top player in the making there).

Their defence looks very shaky at times, the young players are guilty of inconsistency and the lack of proper squad depth is quite apparent (Abraham / Azpi / Kante / Willian have all played 4 games in last 10 days). Of course there was going to be a dip at some point, especially with crucial CL games sandwiched between difficult PL fixtures.

It would be absolutely incredible if the board are even considering sacking Lampard instead of thinking about the upcoming transfer windows. He's already a good manager, and once he strengthens his squad with his own players, I'm certain he's going to win silverware with Chelsea a couple of years down the line.
It's Roman though. Anything can happen.
Saying that, I think he deserves until the end of next season. Think he needs someone for the defensive side. They are very vulnerable in transition.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Spurs away and high flying Liverpool at home were nice fixtures? (similar to every plastic poster)
no. But Liverpool was Ole’s 10th league game. With the only other tricky one in that time being spurs. So he had 8/9 easy games to start his tenure.

what the feck is a plastic poster

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They won't and shouldn't sack him.

At the start of the season, most neutrals and Chelsea fans expected them to compete for the top 6, and most Chelsea fans were happy to see a new strategy for the long term over short term success in playing their youngsters.

That good run of form they have had has lifted expectations and some are now calling for his head.
Who is calling for his head? Not any Chelsea fans.

cyberman

Which wins would they be?
Villa, Watford, Newcastle.. I dont even wanna touch the madness that is your CL campaign.
Newcastle is the one, maybe its confirmation bias but it cemented the point that you dont have enough goalscorers in your side.
I dont remember the last Frank Lampard is doing a great job type performance.

cyberman

no. But Liverpool was Ole’s 10th league game. With the only other tricky one in that time being spurs. So he had 8/9 easy games to start his tenure.

what the feck is a plastic poster
Lampard losing against these easy sides kind of shows theyre eady to lose to when rebuilding.. Right? So wins are worth something.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Lampard losing against these easy sides kind of shows theyre eady to lose to when rebuilding.. Right? So wins are worth something.
I’m not discounting the wins, I’m drawing parallels from ole and lampards starts. Both had a run of fairly easy games where they did well. Both have had a wobble. Ole came under immense scrutiny during his and seems now to be turning it around. It will be interesting to see how lampard reacts.

Rafaeldagold

If Ole was at a club that demanded results he would have been sacked by now. Our expectations aren’t as high anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.