Fred’s value

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's misleadingly physical. You see his height and get worried he's too lightweight but I think he really gave it as good as he got from the likes of Kovacic & co.

Ekeke

Kovacic had a good game and I think his passing is way better than Fred. But overrall I think it was a very even battle. Fred was more industrious and stronger in defence.
I completely disagree, Kovacic defended better for me. Even bailed out his CBs by become one at one point to clear a break away

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I see what McKenna saw in him now.

MiracleInMadrid

Surely one of the most spectacular turnarounds I’ve witnessed from a United player. Both in terms of how he plays but especially in terms of his status in the media and among fans.
Was basically a laughing stock up until this season. Right now he is carrying us. Not only ability wise but also with his relentless character. Must be a joy to know he has your back as a player anywhere on the pitch. Very inspiring.

With McTominay out we would have had a midfield of Matic and Pereira. Would have been a disaster.

Ekeke

Which is exactly we are being quoted what we are for Grealish. Sound logic mate!
You don't think Grealish has shown more quality in his left wing role than Fred has as a DM? A DM who opponents dribble past more often than he tackles them?

Good passer most of the time, works hard and runs a lot.

EasyE

He's a phenomenon for being everywhere, everytime. I sometimes have to look twice to see if he's passed to himself from defence to out wide. His tenacity is brilliant for such a small bloke. Proper Jack Russell terrier - always snapping at the ankles. Like Kante but not as good at ball carrying obviously. Decent mid range passing though to make him a good all rounder (apart from the diabolical shooting). His engine is incredible. With him, McTominay and Fernandes that is some work rate.

El Jefe

Feck me this guy has heart. Forget his obviously quality for a second but this is the kind of player we've been missing in the last few seasons. Doesn't shirk responsibility and is committed all throughout the game.

As for his ability, he keeps going from strength to strength and the exciting bit is he can still get much better.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It wasn't necessarily his effort or dedication I was majorly critical of ,as those aspects of his game were evidently his plus points in those early appearances for us.
What I was critical of though, was his use of the ball and not seeming to be able in getting adjusted to the pace and physicality of the PL.
Now those question have pretty much vanished.
He's adapted and has comfortably been one of our star performers this season and you know what ? he can still get much better.

KristianMackle

Great player, let's get Scott back next to as soon as can be. Matic doesnt have the legs to play with Fred.

nikineil

You don't think Grealish has shown more quality in his left wing role than Fred has as a DM? A DM who opponents dribble past more often than he tackles them?
In my opinion, Fred is being played in a B2B role with Matic in behind as the DM. Grealish might be in a LM role now, but I bet if we were to buy we would deploy him as a 10 or a 8. Also,

Good passer most of the time, works hard and runs a lot.
Does this not define Fred for you? Especially in today's game?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Been immense for us all season long. So much energy and closing down.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
He's misleadingly physical. You see his height and get worried he's too lightweight but I think he really gave it as good as he got from the likes of Kovacic & co.
Yeah, he's stocky in build and strong when shielding the ball. A very different proposition to the meek, unsure player we saw last season. The fact that he always wants the ball, even in tight spaces, is also a bonus.

Anustart89

He's a phenomenon for being everywhere, everytime. I sometimes have to look twice to see if he's passed to himself from defence to out wide. His tenacity is brilliant for such a small bloke. Proper Jack Russell terrier - always snapping at the ankles. Like Kante but not as good at ball carrying obviously. Decent mid range passing though to make him a good all rounder (apart from the diabolical shooting). His engine is incredible. With him, McTominay and Fernandes that is some work rate.
I agree. He was all over the pitch tonight (in a good sense). Needs to be a little bit more careful when getting turned in midfield and getting back on the right side of the opponent, but other than that he's improved massively. My MOTM tonight.

With Bruno in the team he just needs to look forward and get the ball to him, which will see our transition play improve considerably, especially once Rashford comes back.

Ekeke

In my opinion, Fred is being played in a B2B role with Matic in behind as the DM. Grealish might be in a LM role now, but I bet if we were to buy we would deploy him as a 10 or a 8. Also,

Does this not define Fred for you? Especially in today's game?
I was talking about Fred.

I think hes good at those things, but he's usually playing as one of the 2 DMs and players go past him too easily mostly because hes a bit lightweight

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Important player in our team. Offer high level of energy like Kante and his passing is not bad either. Proper midfielder who is not ball watching.

SCJY

Closest player to Edgar Davids I have ever seen and Davids was my favourite non-United midfielder ever. Thank feckity feck he's ours.

Mr PG

We’d be totally fecked without Fred lets put it that way. Been the best CM in the league since his first 10games this season. Never fades... astonishing.

dogwithabone

He’s not going to play 40 yard passes, that’s not his game, but if ever there’s a player who fits the ‘he keeps the team ticking over’ tag then it’s Fred. Got quick feet and is great at just shifting it 5-10 yards and go looking for the return. Some of his winning back the ball tonight was fantastic and he was clever at doing it, without conceding needless fouls.

The Irish Connection

I can't wait until he scores a screamer just to put to bed the last myth that he can't shoot. he scored some crackers for shakhtar and this season I saw him curl one into the top corner from outside the box in the warm up before a game.

Betson

Fair play to him , difficult start at the club but he is proving to be a quality player with each game he plays now. Many of us have to hold our hands up and say he is proving us wrong. Hope it continues.

Litch

We are even seeing leadership qualities now in Fred.....

Stadjer

I can't wait until he scores a screamer just to put to bed the last myth that he can't shoot. he scored some crackers for shakhtar and this season I saw him curl one into the top corner from outside the box in the warm up before a game.
He scored a good goal against Wolves earlier the season.

He might have scored today after that quick combo with Bruno but only for the shot to be blocked. However if he plays like he played today, i dont mind him not scoring. Others can and should do that.

Cantonagotmehere

I'd love to see all the pundits that ripped into him early this season, talk about him now. The English press are always stunningly shortsighted with the way the call out football flops, wastes of money, worst transfer ever....etc...etc...

Doubly great he did this after calling out the squad to wake the F up.

OhGee

He’s an energetic midfielder who has the right temperament and grit to be a United player. I will never forget the incident at PSG when he held of the PSG players who were trying to get to Marcus to try and distract him for the penalty kick. Starting to take on the Herrera persona in this team. I’m glad he got the extended run in the team to establish himself. Suddenly I midfield is starting to look decent again...

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Someone should drug test him. Apart from Kante I have yet to see a midfielder that can play a whole game on constant sprint in every position on the field. Either drugs or he's insanely intelligent at energy conversation or he has a god given talent of a massive VO2max

The Irish Connection

He scored a good goal against Wolves earlier the season.

He might have scored today after that quick combo with Bruno but only for the shot to be blocked. However if he plays like he played today, i dont mind him not scoring. Others can and should do that.
absolutely, I just think he is going to score a great goal soon and has a good shot.

The Original

He’s an energetic midfielder who has the right temperament and grit to be a United player. I will never forget the incident at PSG when he held of the PSG players who were trying to get to Marcus to try and distract him for the penalty kick. Starting to take on the Herrera persona in this team. I’m glad he got the extended run in the team to establish himself. Suddenly I midfield is starting to look decent again...
Showed that again when Zouma floored Martial and the Chelsea players were trying to get in Martial's face about it.