Fred’s value

dave1956

After his last few games I believe he is now becoming to terms with the requirements of the premier league. He will only improve game on game and become one our most positive mid field players

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Completely dominated midfield. Outstanding game. His price tag is starting to look cheap. Maybe the most improvement I've ever seen in a player.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
After his last few games I believe he is now becoming to terms with the requirements of the premier league. He will only improve game on game and become one our most positive mid field players
I would argue it's more than his last few games to be honest.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Surely one of the most spectacular turnarounds I’ve witnessed from a United player. Both in terms of how he plays but especially in terms of his status in the media and among fans.
Was basically a laughing stock up until this season. Right now he is carrying us. Not only ability wise but also with his relentless character. Must be a joy to know he has your back as a player anywhere on the pitch. Very inspiring.

With McTominay out we would have had a midfield of Matic and Pereira. Would have been a disaster.
You need to tell some of the pundits on the telly. They are still thinking and referring to Fred circa 2018/19 ie complete failure.

RUCK4444

Brilliant little player this lad is.

His engine is incredible. I’d have it only behind Kante in the league and not by much either. He does not stop.

It’s taken him a while but he has become accustomed to the speed of the Premier League and has learned he cannot dwell on the ball which was one of his weaknesses in being dispossessed when he first arrived.

There are not a huge amount of players like him around, his value is rising very fast imo.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
La-la-la-love the Fred-Bruno partnership in the midfield. Hoping to see our midfield flourish and achieve its full potential when McT joins them.

sglowrider

I don't think I've ever been this wrong about a player.

Fair play to him, not only showing his quality on the ball week in week out now but he's also stepped up as a personality too and is becoming a leader too.

Take a bow son
Surely the coaching staff gets some credit for this.

Vanrouge

Showed that again when Zouma floored Martial and the Chelsea players were trying to get in Martial's face about it.
Yeah, that made me happy. He walked the walk and didn't just talk the talk.

Re: the pundits: I recall it was Gary Neville in particular who was incredibly harsh about Fred, saying he essentially didn't see the point of him at all. I noticed after that that so many others (pundits and, sadly, even United fans) piled on. Fred's shown great character to withstand that kind of widespread dismissal of his abilities.

The weirdest part for me was that so many couldn't see there was a player in there. Many here in this very thread saw it. But why didn't everyone?

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I'd love to see all the pundits that ripped into him early this season, talk about him now. The English press are always stunningly shortsighted with the way the call out football flops, wastes of money, worst transfer ever....etc...etc...

Doubly great he did this after calling out the squad to wake the F up.
The same could be said for some posters on the caf

Green_Red

When the Brazil manager comes out and declares United have signed a gem I had no doubt. Sometimes players need time in the team to adapt, which he wasn't getting under Moaninho. I wondered if he would get it here, glad he has. Never doubted there was a footballer in him.

suheilsworld

In hindsight, I believe it was a good decision by Ole to give him that extra bit of timeout during season break. Most of us ,including me, were moaning that his priorities were his family when he should have spent more time with training to become a starter with us. Probably that break helped him sort his head.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Oh man, it actually worked out us supposedly stealing the new Fernandinho from City. That narrative is very old but it makes me happy it looks like it's coming true. He is a leader on the pitch and has been truly a good player this season. Crazy turnaround, he performed like Kanté at his best against Chelsea. Sky is the limit, if we can get another midfielder in to provide a calming presence to our team, and to cover for his weak moments.

Mr PG

Fred is a good deal better player than kante who is better defensively but a very limited player. Fred is very dynamic literally pops up everywhere there is trouble and comfortably passes the ball with either foot.

cyril C

La-la-la-love the Fred-Bruno partnership in the midfield. Hoping to see our midfield flourish and achieve its full potential when McT joins them.
I thought these 2 combo look very positive last night, better than Chelsea but of course Kante only had 10min. Pogba should fight for his place.

sglowrider

Someone should drug test him. Apart from Kante I have yet to see a midfielder that can play a whole game on constant sprint in every position on the field. Either drugs or he's insanely intelligent at energy conversation or he has a god given talent of a massive VO2max
How soon we forget?!! Frogs lungs

Red_Aaron

Surely the coaching staff gets some credit for this.
Absolutely, but good luck encouraging too much of that around here. Ole is a league 2 manager at best don't cha know.

I think the patience and perseverance shown by the staff has had a huge impact. I made a post a few weeks back about the amount of things Fred has had to deal with since joining us and how it was perfectly understandable his performances would've suffered as a result. I admitted at the time that I'd been overly harsh on him but in my defence he was bloody awful for ages! Clearly Ole and the team could see the talent and he's repaying them in spades now. It's great to see

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He’s great, £50m is now looking like a really good deal. He’s relentless and is a really tidy player on the ball. Fair play to the lad because he could have let an iffy start effect him but he’s grown and grown and never hides. He’s undroppable.
Yeah and it has been really enjoyable to watch, one of the real good stories in the club through a difficult time. Clearly he’s got an amazing attitude. We saw glimpses of what he was capable of but now we’re getting it week in week out.

He’s a gem and if he and Bruno can strike up an understanding we’ll spell trouble for other teams.

SSSSnake

Besides his obvious skill sets like winning the ball back and having a great engine I’m most impressed with his ability to get the ball forward and hardly ever lose possession. Looking like a real red. He just needs Mcsauce back.

arthurka

His passing and shooting still leave a lot to desire but his attitude, grit and work ethic are top notch. Credit to him for not throwing in the towel. One of the first players on the team sheet.

Member 90887

You just understand what Jose and Pep saw in him.

It just shows how us fans do not know the first thing about coaching and players potential. so many threads calling him shit and not giving him the transitional period he needed.

Hopefully his rise continues. The partnership with Scott looked very good before he got injured. A midfield 3 of Scott Fred behind Bruno looks like the way to go. Down to earth players, willing to play for the club and actually doing their job the best they can.

Ekeke

Completely dominated midfield. Outstanding game. His price tag is starting to look cheap. Maybe the most improvement I've ever seen in a player.
Can you please explain this baffling suggestion?

Chelsea dominated the ball (61%), their best player was a CM playing directly against Fred and playing better than him.

romufc

Can you please explain this baffling suggestion?

Chelsea dominated the ball (61%), their best player was a CM playing directly against Fred and playing better than him.
You realise that dominating possession doesn't mean dominating midfield?

We have had possession in numerous games and been dominated in midfield?

Ekeke

You realise that dominating possession doesn't mean dominating midfield?

We have had possession in numerous games and been dominated in midfield?
Having the most of the ball and your best player gliding past everyone in the opposition's midfield is obviously dominating midfield

romufc

Having the most of the ball and your best player gliding past everyone in the opposition's midfield is obviously dominating midfield
Who was the best Midfielder then? I think you are refering to Kovacic gliding?

crossy1686

career ending
Fred is quickly becoming a class act. Proper United player, bossing the midfield and growing into a leader. Really hope he kicks keeps this up.

JoaquinJoaquin

You just understand what Jose and Pep saw in him.

It just shows how us fans do not know the first thing about coaching and players potential. so many threads calling him shit and not giving him the transitional period he needed.

Hopefully his rise continues. The partnership with Scott looked very good before he got injured. A midfield 3 of Scott Fred behind Bruno looks like the way to go. Down to earth players, willing to play for the club and actually doing their job the best they can.
To be fair to Matic, he has played well and done nothing wrong since coming into the team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't know whether he is worth 50 million but he is for sure our best midfielder this season and one of our best players. His energy is just brilliant, played so many games without break and in every game his energy levels didn't drop.

He wins possession and keeps it well. Hopefully he will add goals to his game.

Thisistheone

Fred was good last night and the improvement has been amazing. Still more to come as well hopefully.