Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dabeast

Even though we have traditionally neglected CMs, please compare Fred with Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick, even Owen Hargreaves. How is he still playing for us?

SuperiorXI

Poor today but we were a lot worse when he came off
Not because we lost Fred, more because we opted to go with 2 CDMs when needing to win. Negativity breeds more negativity.

It was a terrible performance from Fred, he wasn't the only one but he stuck out quite a lot. So many mis-placed passes in very dangerous areas...

Litch

I'm a Fred supporter but he was awful along with others. What I don't understand is Fred's best game last week was breaking up the play further up the pitch so why did Ole change his position to the base? The lad has a MOTM game and Ole changes his position?

Idxomer

I'm a Fred supporter but he was awful along with others. What I don't understand is Fred's best game last week was breaking up the play further up the pitch so why did Ole change his position to the base? The lad has a MOTM game and Ole changes his position?
Because he has an obsession with having one of our midfielder play as a 3rd centre-back which will never work with either Fred or McTominay.

Litch

Because he has an obsession with having one of our midfielder play as a 3rd centre-back which will never work with either Fred or McTominay.
Agree. If you play Matic there, would be the same. Sure there are better CDM's than all of them but the system leaves whoever plays there out to dry.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Arsenal tactics were successful, they let Fred have the ball and marked everyone in close range to him. It's obvious he's not going to go long. We need to find a solution how to play from the back as a team, because other teams will start doing the same soon.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Actual goals conceded are pointless? But xGA isn’t?

I’m not wrong. You’re arguing against facts and even your own arbitrary stats prove you wrong because you looked at the absolute figure rather than the games. You’re making an idiot of yourself. Go and bore somebody else.
You see now why it's pointless.

If you watched the yesterday game, you would notice how exposed our defense was without Fred and you wouldn't blame Fred for the two goals we conceded because he wasn't even playing. Before this match, Fred has started all our 5 games in a row and when he was on the pitch, we only conceded 2 goals which both came from own goals.

Levenstein

Most of our attacks and threats on opponents goal starts from Fred winning the ball back. Because we got no tactics up front. Should play higher up the pitch - like in games with PSG and Leipzig.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to wonder with the coaching staff really.

He just played 1 of the best games of his career against Leipzig pressing from the front, getting 4 goal involvements.

So what do we do? we play him as the fecking CDM where he can't run and relies on positioning and passing. Utterly clueless.

Fred should always be the one made to do the running

Shark

@NotShark
He's great at winning back the ball but far too limited a footballer when he actually gets it.

Levenstein

He's great at winning back the ball but far too limited a footballer when he actually gets it.
I think he is very creative. He is just not good when we start our attacks slowly and have to build up the play. When he has the room then he is very straightforward passer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You have to wonder with the coaching staff really.

He just played 1 of the best games of his career against Leipzig pressing from the front, getting 4 goal involvements.

So what do we do? we play him as the fecking CDM where he can't run and relies on positioning and passing. Utterly clueless.

Fred should always be the one made to do the running
True. His best asset is his harrying and pressuring opponents. So as a DM he's a strange choice. I do wish he was more assured on the ball. His raw talent in this regard is good but he's so darn inconsistent. Everything has to be a 100miles an hour for him and hence he stands out in certain games. When composure and reliability on the ball is s needed , he struggles

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
True. His best asset is his harrying and pressuring opponents. So as a DM he's a strange choice. I do wish he was more assured on the ball. His raw talent in this regard is good but he's so darn inconsistent. Everything has to be a 100miles an hour for him and hence he stands out in certain games. When composure and reliability on the ball is s needed , he struggles
As you say, some people naturally are calmer and better under pressure, think quicker and have better first touches - that just isn't fred. He's a tornado and should be the one doing the harrassing.

It really annoyed me at the time but having Mctominay as the CDM and Fred on the right side of the diamond would have been the same as against Leipzig, so why did we change it?

I guess they see Fred's stats and think he'd be good as the CDM because he makes lots of tackles and interceptions, but most of those are from double teaming people or nicking the ball away when their players turn.

Untd55

Fred is the only player we have who knows how to press properly, which is why he wins the ball so much in the opposition half.

I guarantee had he moved to City he would be held in far higher regard than he is here. He would fit them like a glove.

Based Adnan

Never a lone CDM because you need him to go wandering to harass the opposition

Woodenlung

Thought he was excellent today. We know how good he is in winning the ball, but showed some very incisive passing into Everton's final third.

acnumber9

He was very good after a slow start. Started playing the ball quicker and moving forward. Bit harsh to not give him man of the match.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Fantastic today. He is fast becoming my favourite United player

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Thought he was vital today. Keeping up with a midfield of the industry of Allan and Doucoure is no mean feat.

Kag

Best player on the pitch today. He’s playing himself into the team and making sure he’s staying there at the moment.

el3mel

He's our best midfielder by a country mile. Honestly can't believe people were tuning on him just because of one bad match.

Was and still undroppable from the main lineup for me.

EasyE

Smother. That's the word to best describe him. He smothers opposition midfields. He envelopes them. Like Khabib once he grapples you down to the floor. Now he's beginning to ball again too with some nice passes round the pitch. McTominay needs that also. The amount of times he gives it away and then tackles to regain. Ridic.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He can be the best player on the pitch for 10 games straight but people will still not rate him. He's our most consistent midfielder and gets the job done. Has to be a starter

Litch

Nowhere close to Bruno. Worked hard and part of a good battle in midfield with McTominay though
Bruno will get the headlines but that doesn't happen without Fred.....

Walters_19_MuFc

Bruno was obviously fantastic, bagging 2 goals and an assist, but I felt his performance slightly dropped in the second half.

Felt Fred, however, was dominant throughout, and because of that, he got my MOTM. Superb!

Set the team up right and he's the player we've wanted in our midfield for years. If it wasn't for Bruno he would have numerous MOTM awards this year. I am glad i called it when he first arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.