Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Standard Fred performance. Some very good flashes, but a lot of awful passing in vital areas. He wasn’t the only one though.

Mcking

Not sure why anyone would watch Fred and take major issue with his passing. Have a feeling that his apparent poor passing game has been talked about far too much that many has just accepted it, and it's become difficult for them to see what is the case and what is not.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Terrible besides his given energy amd that pass at the end to Scott who completely botched it.
Sure thing, easily the best midfielder out there today and pretty much one man midfield. Couple of stray passes will obviously draw attention of some terrible posters here who think players need 100% passing completion. Just looking at his defensive statistics, he's got insane numbers today. He was all over the pitch and won so many balls and started our best chances, easily better even offensively than back to shite Bruno who's decision making and passing was just so bad Fred looked like Scholes.

Not really looking to talk about local hero McT who really shouldn't be playing for a team like Manutd. I ask again, why criticise Fred when he easily outplayed Kante who was just attrocious with the ball on the other hand and defensively our only player in midfield who win so many balls and provided cover we needed while providing few extra moments of quality going forward which is always an extra for a CM/DM and who was certainly class above in that regard compared to Bruno and Scott...

I mean I can get people are angry it ended dully 0:0 but it only shows lack of brain cells to criticise our one man midfield Fred today. Only shows lack of brain cells..

NinjaFletch

Typical Fred, really. Ran around with very little quality, spent most of the game being incredibly inconsistent with his passing and touch and then played a pass which broke the lines to McTominay when we should have scored.

Oh, and he was shit scared to make a challenge after the yellow for obvious reasons.

Water Melon

Fred was a level above Scott today. Gets a 6 from me, while is McT is a solid five.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I can’t decide if the expectations of him are so low, that running around being a nuisance is “having a good game” for some. He was poor today. His touch is dreadful. His passing is woeful. Always behind the player, rarely the right weight to allow the player to make a positive move.

Players I consider better than Fred. Shelvey, Reed, Berge, Phillips, Bissouma. All at the bottom of the table, and comfortably could offer more than Fred.
There must be a better player in there than we’ve seen, but evidently we are incapable of unlocking it.
Yeah, sure..

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He plays with so much heart... but when he's not at 100%, he lefts so much space open; and then, of course, is the passing. I genuinely don't understand what happened as he was very consistent with this dribbling out of the pressure/making a pass through the lines routine at Shakhtar and now he looks like barely even a footballer when he needs to pass the ball to his teammate. Credit where its due though, the pass to McTominay was brilliant, it's such a shame that he can't make those more often.

I love him, but he's so frustrating! McTominay's performance didn't help him at all though.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Not sure why anyone would watch Fred and take major issue with his passing. Have a feeling that his apparent poor passing game has been talked about far too much that many has just accepted it, and it's become difficult for them to see what is the case and what is not.
No, I have eyes. His passing is weak for a professional. For a premier league player it’s dire. This opinion is based on thirty five years of watching, playing, and loving football. His passing is not good enough on a consistent basis to be effective for us.

mu4c_20le

It was especially bad today. In addition to giving away 5 yard passes that led directly to a dangerous counter, he was also misplacing simple long balls under no pressure. Somethign even Championship players should be able to do consistently.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Considering he was the closest to scoring a goal, and made the right opening pass to McTominay, I am surprised people still moan about lack of offensive contribution.

Actually, I'm not surprised. He misplaced some passes, must be shit.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Huh? He had some good passes, sure, but he gave the ball away and caused dangerous counters several times.

acnumber9

Every game we play against a top side, we struggle in possession. I know why people like Fred, but we need better in the centre of the park.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was our best player and worst player at the same time. He’s the engine room and never hides, but does just need to clean up his passing.

what a goal that would have been for him, on his right too! Could you imagine :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think he played well, but for much of that game - he was in midfield on his own. McTominay was poor, in both phases of the game. Bruno was poor when he was asked to be involved too. Fred needed help today.

criticalanalysis

FFS, Shelvey...not quite in the league of “Rashford is as good as prime Darren Bent,” but still pretty silly nonetheless.
Yeah incredible really. Out of all the players to compare to.

Of course it should been his team mates, the Longstaff brothers.

dal

Bruno’s passing was worse than Fred’s today, his unforced errors were startling.

I thought Fred, although his passing wasn’t good today, was one of our better players.

I think the coaching team are working on his shots though, as they seem to be improving.

SNes

Had to tell if Fred is controlling the ball or passing the ball

arthurka

Was very good at running around and hassling the Chelsea players. But he can't pass the ball for shit.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Considering he was the closest to scoring a goal, and made the right opening pass to McTominay, I am surprised people still moan about lack of offensive contribution.

He was decent, but hes often frustrating because he shows flashes of some really incisive passing, but his decision making on the ball is pretty bad at times. He has a tendency to pass the ball to marked teammates which often leads to turnovers (who Fred then mops up) but if he could just hang on to the ball for a little while and look for a better option our attacking play through the middle would flow a lot better.

Just to be clear McTomminay is guilty of the same thing, which makes Pogba a big miss in games like these

Devil may care

His passing is erratic as usual, like today he had that awful crossfield ball to Rashford but also that lovely one through the right channel to McTominay. His work ethic was full throttle as always and hec almost got a right foot shot on target!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Every player was on both sides. The game was played at a frenetic pace. His opposite number so to speak in Kante was considerably worse. As you say, couple of good hits, a lovely weighted pass to put McTominay away, and he showed some deft touches and moments of skill to get away from his markers.

Zoo

Yeah he had a sloppy spell for a couple of minutes in the first half and the commentators picked up on it. Interestingly am sure Kante did too but nothing was said.

Litch

Every player was on both sides. The game was played at a frenetic pace. His opposite number so to speak in Kante was considerably worse. As you say, couple of good hits, a lovely weighted pass to put McTominay away, and he showed some deft touches and moments of skill to get away from his markers.
Not allowed to say that on here. If it's not Fred, who else are we going to kick?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not allowed to say that on here. If it's not Fred, who else are we going to kick?
He's one of a few overly criticized players on here. It annoys me when posters try to reduce his contributions to 'running about.' He's so much more than that, and his relentless work rate on and off the ball deserves more respect. It's integral to winning the ball back and stopping other teams playing.

Andersons Dietician

Was quite impressed with him today given McTominay decided to take a day off and well Bruno, less said about his performance the better. I man midfield at times and seemed to be popping up everywhere.

Raven

We actually had a midfield battle today which says a lot about Fred because Bruno and McTominay were both awful.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Thought Fred was a bit sloppy at times with a few too many astray passes. Overall would give him a 6.5/10

However out of Fred/McTom/Fernandes he was definitely the best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.