Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's just not good enough to be a starter, he's like a likeable guy and tries his hardest but he should be a rotation option.

Superunknown

Thought the setup didn't help him at all today, but still not an amazing performance. If we have the chance to upgrade in his position, we should definitely explore that possibility.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Surely, if you are Woody watching today's match, you are on the blower sorting a new CM asap. I've backed Fred for a while but today he looked championship level and put us in so many bad positions

Red Stone

The absolute hilarity of the notion that City were even entertaining the idea of signing him before we did. If one of City's scouts even recommended him Pep would have taken one look at his passing and immediately fired that scout.

SuperiorXI

He was awful today, absolutely ran ragged against Traore. Donkey touch, more of the same of the last game.

What has he got to do to get dropped?!

Golden Nugget

Sick of all this Fred scapegoating. It wasn’t a great performance - but the worst they’ve seen in a United top ever etc. He definitely wasn’t great in the first half was he was fine in the second. Defensively, he covered an awful lot.

Irwin99

A bit better in the second half... which is becoming a bit of a theme.

mattunited1978

doommonger
So many excuses for him, the pass straight to Adama for there first chance, the awful touch straight to Trincao for there second chance...Theyr on him, regardless of how we set up, theyr issues with his footballing ability. The amount of chances he gives teams due to his individual errors are ridiculous. Thank god he got bailed out today and they didnt cost us.

Mickson

He was awful today, absolutely ran ragged against Traore. Donkey touch, more of the same of the last game.

What has he got to do to get dropped?!
We have no other choice? Tbf, I'm guessing our midfield would look even worse when he isn't there.

Bwuk

He’s nowhere near the standard required.

He wouldn’t get in any other side looking to challenge for the league.

DickDastardly

He's just not that good is he?

Feck. I was thinking he'd be good enough for us to win the title, here he is, making it difficult time after time.

laughtersassassin

2 Stinkers in two weeks. Can't blame his partner both times

Was better in the second when Pogba was controling the game.

But overall he is too erratic.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A CM doing a CDM's job by himself today.

It's why we lost vs Villareal.

He needs another defensively astute CM to atleast strike a balance with him.

Pogba and Fred in partnership and then pointing at Fred for his poor display is just unfair.

MadMike

I thought he was good to be honest after a slow start and his mistake leading to the counter, but I guess people will have different views based on comments so far.

He was the only player defending their counter and against the pace of Traore and Trincao as well. He was covering middle, left back, right back, everywhere.

He got dribbled quite a bit, but again he was mostly defending on his own in midfield. Also his distribution was very good today I felt, I'll check the stats after their are posted by I expect high 80s.

Golden Nugget

Did he? He was dribbled past five times, and was successful with 2/7 tackles. Adama played as if he wasn't there for most of the game.
Adama’s a beast and made AWB look like nothing a few times too - but yeah he should have done better - especially first half.

Adama is a nuisance and they were saying he has more successful dribbles than Messi - in one v ones there’s little that can beat him - which is why there was a bit more of doubling up on him in the second half, and he wasn’t as effective.

Again, I am not saying Fred had a good match - but I hardly think it was the worst United performance ever and I don’t even think he was the worst on the pitch. Nor do I think he was the reason that United played bad.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Keane making a good point about Fred - doesn't have anything he can 'hang his hat on', and between him, McTominay & Matic none would get into any other top midfield.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Keane making a good point about Fred - doesn't have anything he can 'hang his hat on', and between him, McTominay & Matic none would get into any other top midfield.
Facts

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
A bit worried with his early form, but he always recovered in second halves and playing one man midfield in the last two games too. Actually in the second half he was very good covering for almost everyone, wining balls and setting up quick tempo. Of course he will get stick because he's an easy target here and first 20 minutes were truly shocking from him, but we will need him. Keep him in form is crucial for us if we don't sign anyone. So let's hope he gets over his post copa hangover..

Ekeke

Adama’s a beast and made AWB look like nothing a few times too - but yeah he should have done better - especially first half.

Adama is a nuisance and they were saying he has more successful dribbles than Messi - in one v ones there’s little that can beat him - which is why there was a bit more of doubling up on him in the second half, and he wasn’t as effective.

Again, I am not saying Fred had a good match - but I hardly think it was the worst United performance ever and I don’t even think he was the worst on the pitch. Nor do I think he was the reason that United played bad.
Adama drove in field away from AWB. Thats not past him.

If we're lined up correctly thats where the DMs are and he can't get away.

Same for when Greenwood takes a touch towards the middle, its the central players who confront him

MadMike

Adama makes everyone who tries to mark him look like mugs. He did it with our CBs and fullbacks a few times too.

It's fair to say that Fred is a bit lightweight anyway and has a low tackles ration because people shrug him off at times. You'd expect that problem exacerbated when faced with someone like Adama and no other midfielder to help in sight.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah I agreed with this myself. He doesn't excel at anything really and that's the issue and why he can't play on his own in that area.

Lentwood

So lightweight. Swatted away like a gnat on several occasions. Not quick enough or dynamic enough to stop players going past him.

On the ball, one of the biggest reasons we struggle to keep possession is because opponents know they can leave Fred spare.

MadMike

Thats why there are 4 central players and 1 left back and 1 right back
3 because Pogba wasn't defending, but regardless letting a player run across you towards goal is never a good look for a fullback even if there were 35 people centrally.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Shocking in the first half and good in the second half
Yeah he has that lot. Leeds game was the same. It's been going on for so long that it's quite criminal it hasn't been fixed.

Defensively he had to do everything by himself. On the ball he's not that good when pressed, we know this. I think Ole was expecting them to park the bus like last season. Fred Pogba has been our best midfield in those games.

Milo2035

Let's be fair. Even Kante would struggle in this midfield. At France, Kante has Maitudi. At Chelsea he has Jorginho. The line-up today screamed disaster. We should buy more CMs.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He’s actually kind of slow, yet again lost an important speed duel, falling to floor like a sack of shit. Just like last weekend. As strong as a wet tissue.

MadMike

Yeah he has that lot. Leeds game was the same. It's been going on for so long that it's quite criminal it hasn't been fixed.

Defensively he had to do everything by himself. On the ball he's not that good when pressed, we know this. I think Ole was expecting them to park the bus like last season. Fred Pogba has been our best midfield in those games.
I think he was good on that today, especially in the second half. He played his way out of trouble almost always.

The problem was he got dribbled a lot, but like we said that's his weakness anyway and he was playing against a very fast and strong team on the counter. This wasn't really the game to leave him alone in midfield without another defensive CM but we had no other options. Adding Matic against this kind of pace would not have helped at all either.

Status
Not open for further replies.