Fred needs to watch Fernandinho

El Zoido

Ole probably tells him not to do it.

When Ole took that red against Newcastle, he got bollocked and fined by Fergie, who told him United don’t win that way. Wouldn’t be surprised if Ole tells his players the same.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He needs to watch the player he's playing against actually.

He plays like he's sleeping sometimes with how sloppy he gets.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Fernandinho? Any half competent player would know to foul there.

That being said, that goal had a lot to do with Shaw suddenly deciding to leave his side of the pitch to double up on the ball.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We're too nice in general. We've lacked that nasty edge for years.
When we have a manager who’s too nice in general and we used to have SAF who’s mantra was’ go and win at all costs’

Tells it’s own story.

You can have a nice coach but his coaching needs to be ruthlessly efficient(Ten Haag). We have one without the other

Stadjer

If he's not first to the ball, he never takes the man instead. Today it cost us the game. Take the man, take the yellow.
was thinking the same, Fernandinho would have taken Gray out. However when Fernandinho does that there wouldnt have been a booking.

Someone

Something

That being said, that goal had a lot to do with Shaw suddenly deciding to leave his side of the pitch to double up on the ball.
Agree, the more I watch it the more it looks worse. The corner was poor, and fred should've done more, but Shaw killed us, terrible movement.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Well from a shit corner where he was in an attacking position, you can’t blame Shaw when your midfielders are so fragile.

RedStarUnited

I thought this at first too then realised on another angle of the replay that he had to come accross.

Dominos

I've been complaining about our lack of tactical fouls for a long time. We lose the ball in easy possession so often teams are hitting us in transition time and time again, we need to foul as soon as we lose the ball before the counters even have a chance to present themselves.

Today was a classic take the yellow card situation, just foul him.

OverratedOpinion

He needs to be sold. He is fecking terrible.

I don't have any ill will towards him, he just isn't a Premier League football player.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I thought this at first too then realised on another angle of the replay that he had to come accross.
Yeah I've had another look. He had no choice but to come across because Lindelof was never catching up.

LoneStar

It's pretty much football 101 at this point. Just take one for the team and cnut him down. Make sure the play is stopped.

Matic is a master at this. That moment where 3 of our players were converging on him and none just went for it was so annoying.

RedIan

Fred needs to be replaced by a better CDM. He is simply not good enough for United

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good point. Also, Fred has the composure of a nervous teenager which doesn't help.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That sequence had 2 moments that Fred failed. The shoulder to shoulder duel that he lost, that I can understand and accept. It happens.
Afterwards though, he had to foul him by whatever means (tackling, shirt pull etc etc..)