Fred | no longer Fred the Red but now a Turkish delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought I'd create a thread for Fred's potential sale.

The latest club to show a interest is Lazio, with Galarasaray and Fulham also linked.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think he can play for better clubs than these.

Tarrou

ideal scenario for me would be get rid of Fred and McT and bring in Amrabat and promote Mainoo

I'd be a bit disappointed if we sold Fred and kept McTominay though, as if we have to keep one I'd much rather it was Fred

honestly couldn't care less how much we get for them though, we just need to move on from both

Abraxas

Would be a very astute acquisition for somebody. I wouldn't say I'd be sad to see him go but I admire the way he came back from a shocking start in a United shirt. Always put the work-rate in and had some useful performances amid some of the shortcomings. He'd be very good for Fulham with Paulinha doing the dirty work.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I love Fred and I’ll miss him. He always gave his all played out of position at a time of our players constantly throwing in the towel. Our fans were terrible with him too no matter how well he played. He seems like a cool dude too. Manager obviously doesn’t fancy him for a new deal and that’s fair enough.

Bebestation

I love Fred and I’ll miss him. He always gave his all played out of position at a time of our players constantly throwing in the towel. Our fans were terrible with him too no matter how well he played. He seems like a cool dude too. Manager obviously doesn’t fancy him for a new deal and that’s fair enough.
I agree to me Better than Herrera & also the best Utd Brazilian in comparison to the struggles

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Has a purple patch of form every now and again but never really looked good enough. Fans love his personality and character which blinded them to his very obvious limitations. Fred and McTominey finished 3rd and 2nd in the league which is certainly impressive, but not one of them is starting at any other big club or top 6 team.

Anyway, he's 30, still got some decent years left him, think 1 year left in his contract. If we can get 20mil out of someone for him it's a pretty good deal all round.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I always forget about him. Cas, Fred, Anderson, Rafael, Kleb in order for me
There's 7 premier league titles and a champions league between Anderson and Rafael, and you have Fred ahead of that?

Bebestation

There's 7 premier league titles and a champions league between Anderson and Rafael, and you have Fred ahead of that?
Yep Fred never had a Rooney or Ronaldo prime, or a Saf. I found his performances more of quality in a much tougher time.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I thought I'd create a thread for Fred's potential sale.

The latest club to show a interest is Lazio, with Galarasaray and Fulham also linked.

Sad day. Love that little guy. Need more players with Fred's mentality and heart.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I've got a lot of time for Fred, but he's into his 30s now and players who rely on work rate, stamina and agility as much as he does are very often finished in their early 30s.

If we can get any kind of money for him this summer, we need to be taking it.

Dempsey19

I'd take a fiver for him, extremely frustrating player to watch more often than not. Should of been sold years ago.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes better than Lazio. Italian clubs sadly are a bit broke, I want their league to flourish but I don't like the idea of paying most the fee through add ons.

Gandalf

Why aren't the Saudis showing any interest?
They apparantly have but he is prioritizing staying in Europe. The clubs linked as of a few days ago were Fulham and Galatasary plus an unnamed Saudi side and vague links to Serie A. Fulham valued him at 10M but have not formally made any offer, Gala offered 8M which we turned down and that is about it. I would guess if he shows interest in going the Saudi interst might solidify and offer the best outcome in terms of a fee, I imagine most of the Serie A clubs looking want a 1 year loan deal with us paying 99% of his wages as per usual.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hes better than Lazio. Italian clubs sadly are a bit broke, I want their league to flourish but I don't like the idea of paying most the fee through add ons.
What do you think his level is?

Based Adnan

Very happy with this. Being able to pass a ball consistently should be the bare minimum for a midfielder moving forward.

Hanky panky

I think his level is exactly something like Lazio. Top4 league footballer. Top6 team player in Serie A, but not in EPL.

Red Royal

Fred has been an enigma at United, many games where he can't seem to pass but with an extremely high ceiling on his day and NEVER stops trying for the team. I love the passion he shows and whatever happens to him, wish him well in the future. I don't get the fans who hate on him.

Strangest Tribe

Let us be honest, he’s fookin bobbins and absolutely nowhere near the quality needed for any serious attempt on the title !!

Abraxas

Is he?

Lazio are a big name club and they don't appear to be mugs. They've got a good side.

I think that's an appealing destination for a guy in his 30s on a last European contract that isn't going to be going to a major English or Spanish side. Fantastic country to live in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is he?

Lazio are a big name club and they don't appear to be mugs. They've got a good side.

I think that's an appealing destination for a guy in his 30s on a last European contract that isn't going to be going to a major English or Spanish side. Fantastic country to live in.
Nah I was just being ignorant. See they finished 2nd, good for them.

Lost bear

Yeah, agree on all of these points.

I think we will regret letting him go. Eriksen is going to be another year older and slower and McTominay is not good enough (if he stays). With Fred gone we could quickly look light in midfield.

Dempsey19

I think we will regret letting him go. Eriksen is going to be another year older and slower and McTominay is not good enough (if he stays). With Fred gone we could quickly look light in midfield.
I believe if Fred goes then Amrabat comes in to take his place.

Cathy Ferguson

I prefer to keep McTominay and sell Fred. Both lack in technical ability but McTominay is faster and stronger. Fred will leave, didn't go on the tour.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Regret letting go of a midfielder who struggles to make a 5 yard pass?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good riddance. Never forgave him for his brain-dead stupidity in extra time against Croatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.