Fred | no longer Fred the Red but now a Turkish delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Good luck to Fred. Had some great moments for us, but a bit too unreliable and inconsistent for a top club.

Prodigy24

I'll miss him. Drove me mad at times but I'll always have a soft spot for him since he scored our only goal on my Old Trafford debut. Wish him all the best in Istanbul.

Castia

Thought he was absolutely shite but there's something a bit sad about seeing him go

You cant fault his work ethic, he always gave his best which should be appreciated

GL

OverratedOpinion

Good luck to him. I rate him higher than a huge percentage of the comments I see on here so I'll accept I'm wrong but if I had my preference he'd be staying ahead of Eriksen.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Thank fu*k he's gone, infuriated me watching him give the ball away for the umpteenth time then run around with his hand in the air aknowlaging his mistake

Chairman Steve

For every exciting moment he had, he cancelled it out with something daft that you couldn’t get your head around. Good luck to him.

Telsim

Sad to see him go, but had to happen. Always put a shift in and always seemed positive. All the best!

Erics_Collar

Thank fu*k he's gone, infuriated me watching him give the ball away for the umpteenth time then run around with his hand in the air aknowlaging his mistake
That, and the constant....and I mean CONSTANT.... fiddling with and readjusting the dreadlock/pleat at the very back of his scalp.

It drove me fúcking bonkers.

Thiagoal

Always gave his all for the cause but ultimately wasn’t the level we required him to be! Love the bloke though and wish him well in Turkey!

CloneMC16

Sad to see him leave. Always liked him. :(

'I know I'm not the best player, the most technical, but I give my blood and my life every time I'm on the pitch. As we say in Brazil, I carry the piano for the artists to play.'

Good luck at Fenerbahce!

Rustyspider13

Goodbye Fredinho. The locker room will probably be a little less cheerful this season, but it's a good decision for all parties. Hope he smashes it in Turkey.

pseudo_canadian

I'm not. He has earned lots of money and coverage playing for Man Utd. He hasn't been responsible enough when he plays, is incredibly inconsistent, and he has represented a culture of apathy at United. He has to go if we are to progress. He's had plenty of time to make his case for staying.
Bingo

Strelok

He's been here for years but I could barely remember anything noticeable from his performances. That says a lot about his time here but you simply can't dislike the man. All the best dude.

RomfordRed75

Divided opinion but always gave his all and I'll miss him.
Will be remembered for being able to go from World beater in one game to Sunday league the next.
All the best Fred

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Another good decision from United this summer. It was the right time to part ways. Best of luck to Fred.

tomaldinho1

Will miss the pastor - think he is a solid CM when not tasked with sitting deeper. Good move for everyone though and hopefully this means Amrabat comes in.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Poor man's Herrera who probably wasn't good enough himself

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The best left back we never had.

always_hoping

Best of luck to Fred, likeable chap who gave it his best shot, when signed the price tag was the problem of the Glazers and their buddies doing the deal and it heaped silly expectations on him for the first few seasons then came the realisation that he was mostly a squad player that will put in a decent shift.

OrcaFat

If we had an abundance of choices in midfield and he was still getting games then I'd agree but we've been barren in midfield quality wise for his entire tenure. If you look at his competition they all had major flaws whether it was coming towards the end of their career, consistency issues or injury issues. He played more out of necessity rather than being the ideal player for the club.

He never looked like a £50m player and at no point were we ever going to challenge for serious trophies with him playing week in week out so it's hard for me to call him anything but a flop.
I hear you.

Donny is a flop. Sanchez was a flop. Even Pogba. In terms of value for money (at a time when we weren’t blessed with much quality), Fred more or less justified his fee, less the amount we’re getting for him. I’d much rather we sign better players but, as we’ve seen, they tend to cost more money.

He’s a good lad. I’d say he was neither a success nor a failure. Perhaps a bit of a disappointment but he contributed something.

We made a lot of worse signings, that’s for sure, but he is a bit emblematic of the recruitment after SAF. Most signings were unambitious (Fred is in that category) but occasionally we’d blow silly money on bankable stars. We seem to be doing it better now and I think it’s safe to say we would never sign Fred nowadays.

siw2007

Big thank you to Fred for his service to the club over the past 5 years. He was divisive in his time here, he could make you face palm one day when he just couldn’t play for the life of him, but on another day he would show the Brazilian in him and show the flair and adventure in his game. But one thing he is not divisive about was his commitment and desire to work hard and give his all for the team and the badge, for that, I will be grateful. Also, he did have some standout moments in a United shirt, including goals against Spurs home and away, the standout being the equaliser against Barcelona this season.

In all, probably was a good decision by the club to let him move on. His form did plummet at the back end of the season and if we could get an upgrade (which we have done with Mount) then it was the right call to move him on and take a fee.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Bizarre player. Not sure I can quite remember someone we've had that was so bipolar in the levels he could bring on the pitch. One game you'd watch him run a midfield terrorizing the opposition, dribbling players, and playing brilliant assists. And then he'd roll out the next week in the same setup and look like he won a raffle to get to play with Manchester United for a day. I always appreciated him a bit more than most because at his worst he still offered a level of aggression/energy that was so useful to a midfield that had a tendency to be sluggish for us. But yeah it's clear he doesn't have the consistency or composure to be relied upon by a top club.

slored1

Wish him well. Always had a soft spot for him and I reckon he is a better player than McTominay. Not sure how there were not any better options than fecking Fenerbahce for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.