Fred

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Vagner Love is playing in China, Nilmar in Qatar. Neither have decent records for Brazil either.

Fenomeno9

Even if we called up Felipe Luis and Miranda, they wouldn't have played over Marcelo and Miranda would have been 4th choice. Scolari faults are he messed up tactically and he didn't prepare the players mentally. He completely loss the plot this tournament. He basically picked the starting lineup in spite of the media. If they wanted a certain player, he pick the opposite.

Also, as horrible as Fred was and he should never see another game for Brazil, Scolari didn't help him at all and you can even say he set him up to fail. Fred is a poacher, very reliant on service, you build a system the complete opposite of that. It's no wonder he struggled.

Reactions: Eboue

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Diego Costa really fecked Brazil. Could've been a fantastic move for all parties involved. Well except Spain.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Diego Costa really fecked Brazil. Could've been a fantastic move for all parties involved. Well except Spain.
If he had a bit of humility about him and waited a bit more I think we would have seen him start this world cup for brazil... And Spain could have given Villa one more tournament before he retired and this world cup could have been different. It was clear from day one that Costa doesn't fit into the spanish 11.

Masterman

If he had a bit of humility about him and waited a bit more I think we would have seen him start this world cup for brazil... And Spain could have given Villa one more tournament before he retired and this world cup could have been different. It was clear from day one that Costa doesn't fit into the spanish 11.
Costa played for Spain because he had an ego and though he was bigger than Brazil............. to switch countries because of Scolari is dumb when you consider that managers come and go and Scolari was never going to stick to the Brazil manager spot for long. Hate Scolari for all you want but at least he understood how important a player's attitude is, so I wouldn't be surprised if he pass on Costa even if he didn't switch to Spain.

Fritz

This guy and Luiz get too much blame. While they both suck, the biggest problem of brazil was their midfield, all midfielders suck, can't create anything to save their lives.

Y2A

The worst part for Brazil is that their second option is Jo.:lol:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Costa played for Spain because he had an ego and though he was bigger than Brazil............. to switch countries because of Scolari is dumb when you consider that managers come and go and Scolari was never going to stick to the Brazil manager spot for long. Hate Scolari for all you want but at least he understood how important a player's attitude is, so I wouldn't be surprised if he pass on Costa even if he didn't switch to Spain.
Not dumb at all. It's easy to say now that Scolari was never going to stick to the Brazil side, but what guarantee we had of that? Costa is a great player and at 25 years old, he had to make a decision about is life. Scolari is an extremely stubborn man that doesn't change his mindset about nothing, so waiting for something that could or not come (in useful time, that is) was quite the ask.

Even if he knew Scolari was about to leave at the end of this WC, that would mean one less WC for him, and there's few chances like this in life. He gained nothing from it this time, but at least he had a shot.

Fernando from Porto is 26 and is still waiting for that call - and a perfect footballer for Scolari's brand of football, which, of course, he never considered. If the move to City doesn't get him the call, he'll probably turn to Portugal.

I don't see what's egotistical about packing it in and moving when you don't find yourself appreciated enough.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Not dumb at all. It's easy to say now that Scolari was never going to stick to the Brazil side, but what guarantee we had of that? Costa is a great player and at 25 years old, he had to make a decision about is life. Scolari is an extremely stubborn man that doesn't change his mindset about nothing, so waiting for something that could or not come (in useful time, that is) was quite the ask.

Even if he knew Scolari was about to leave at the end of this WC, that would mean one less WC for him, and there's few chances like this in life. He gained nothing from it this time, but at least he had a shot.

Fernando from Porto is 26 and is still waiting for that call - and a perfect footballer for Scolari's brand of football, which, of course, he never considered. If the move to City doesn't get him the call, he'll probably turn to Portugal.

I don't see what's egotistical about packing it in and moving when you don't find yourself appreciated enough.
Fernando is just a right footed L.Gustavo..

enough of these mediocre players please

fbtv1907

Pato? I'm not sure you've followed him at all. Lucas is not a striker.

He should rather have had a look at that idiot at Shakhtar, Luiz Adriano. He's a competent striker. Certainly better than Jo. But like so many other Brazilians that leave Brazil before getting capped, he isn't given a chance. Both Fernandinho and Willian were hardly given a look before moving to England.

Fred has at least a decent record and has always been a decent player. Their biggest mistake was obviously not to call up Diego Costa but he fits in with the above mentioned Brazilians.
I know lucas is not a striker bu he can contributes to attack football directly as you know he demostrated a good performance at psg last year and also I think he is better attributes than willian,hulk in terms of score position.

mufcwarm92

You really think he would have been as bad as fred?
Probably. He's terrible now.

It's actually completely baffling that Brazil have such a dearth of good strikers at the moment. If any country was going to have depth up front, you'd assume it was Brazil. Fred was a decent player but nothing more, yet he was comfortably the best option.

It's such a shame that Pato and Anderson pissed away their careers. In terms of sheer talent I think both were second only to Neymar in this Brazil side. If both had reached their potential, both would walk into the side and probably improve it significantly.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Fernando is just a right footed L.Gustavo..

enough of these mediocre players please
Fernando is not mediocre if you want to play with a lone very defensive midfielder. I agree he will look mediocre at City, they'll try to do a Javi García with him and then think they were burned.

Fenomeno9

Pato is crap nowadays. Hence, why we pick Fred over him and yes Fred is better than Pato these days.

Lucas Moura is a better player than Hulk and Bernard but the sad thing is he never outplayed them for the position. In fact, in 4 years we are still waiting for him to play well for Brazil. He is raw though and with time can get better. He wouldn't have change anything.

I don't even know why Rafael named is even mention. He is also a liability and a hot-head, got a lot of maturing to do. Brazil is not a very forgiving nation sometimes. Felipe Melo is still hated. Ronaldo got blamed for 98. Rivaldo used to be criticized for playing better at Barca. Rafael attitude in the Olympic final is still ingrained in the back of people's mind. I hope the next coach considers him as he is one for the future but he wouldn't have made a difference this tournament.

Reactions: SilentWitness

Djemba-Djemba

Felt sorry for the poor sod on Tuesday.

Yes he's not good enough but it's not his fault he kept getting picked, the blame lies with Scolari.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm just baffled by how on earth Brazil's strikers were Fred and Jo on this WorldCup.

justboy68

Pato is crap nowadays. Hence, why we pick Fred over him and yes Fred is better than Pato these days.

Lucas Moura is a better player than Hulk and Bernard but the sad thing is he never outplayed them for the position. In fact, in 4 years we are still waiting for him to play well for Brazil. He is raw though and with time can get better. He wouldn't have change anything.

I don't even know why Rafael named is even mention. He is also a liability and a hot-head, got a lot of maturing to do. Brazil is not a very forgiving nation sometimes. Felipe Melo is still hated. Ronaldo got blamed for 98. Rivaldo used to be criticized for playing better at Barca. Rafael attitude in the Olympic final is still ingrained in the back of people's mind. I hope the next coach considers him as he is one for the future but he wouldn't have made a difference this tournament.
If Rafael had been playing in the 7-1 he would probably have been the closest thing to a leader in that pathetic team. He's also at least 10x better than Maicon, so that's why people mention him. Vilified by Brazilian press for making one mistake in the final of a tournament (that for some reason South America seem to care about) up to which point he was one of their best players. It's ridiculous, but surely if there is any sense in the new manager he will get more chances from here on in and he will show why he deserves to be there.

Gibb11

In terms of people calling out for a creative midfielder (very much Manchester United this) they had hernanes on the bench but what really happened to Ganso? think he moved to Sao Paolo from Santos? not doing anything special I imagine.

Fenomeno9

In terms of people calling out for a creative midfielder (very much Manchester United this) they had hernanes on the bench but what really happened to Ganso? think he moved to Sao Paolo from Santos? not doing anything special I imagine.
Ganso has poor work ethic, lethargic, slow and immobile. I saw Napoli was interested, he needs a rude awakening.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If Rafael had been playing in the 7-1 he would probably have been the closest thing to a leader in that pathetic team. He's also at least 10x better than Maicon, so that's why people mention him. Vilified by Brazilian press for making one mistake in the final of a tournament (that for some reason South America seem to care about) up to which point he was one of their best players. It's ridiculous, but surely if there is any sense in the new manager he will get more chances from here on in and he will show why he deserves to be there.
Chances are he would've missed the semi due to yellow card accumulation.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
What happened to Pato?
Completely forgot about Pato! On loan at Sao Paulo from Corinthians according to Wiki. Still only 24 years old! Brazilians do have a tendency to disappear like that sometimes.

Really felt for Fred the other day. He's clearly nowhere near good enough for Brazil. He's slow, he can't hold the ball up, he's one dimensional and his movement in the box is awful but it was tough to see him singled out against Germany, booed by Brazilians when he had the ball and booed again when he came up on the big screen. I'd probably just throw Hulk up top and put Willian on the wing. Hulk isn't great either but he's a better option than Fred and Jo, and Neymar is most effective when he is able to roam and comes deep.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There is no way Rafael could ever be worse than the defenders who played in the Mineirazo. No way! The flack he's had for that mistake at the Olympics has been ridiculous. What happened against Germany should really put losing the gold medal to Mexico into perspective. The Mineirazo was 1950 on acid. But what can you expect when you pick old men to deal with the pace and power of the Germans?

DavidDeSchmikes

Felt sorry for Fred getting booed......but then I think of the Croatia game, and sympathy become less

Juansar_07

But,he was pretty good at Lyon(2008-09).Even at Fluminese his record is quite resonable. I do believe he is only a B grade player in a team that produced the likes of Ronaldo, Romario, Pele.Sadly,there were hardly any options available to choose from.The reason he is disparaged coz he's surrounded by 7-8 players equally as poor as him.

In simple terms,this the worst era of strikers brazil have ever faced or maybe the worst bunch of players!!!

Reactions: Penna

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'd be surprised if he even started the game. Maybe a change of system with Jo and Fred as two out-and-out strikers, but if not then it'll surely have to be Jo up front on his own.

Eila

Leandro Damiao and Pato didn't grow up as expected. What's so sad is that Brazil used to have so many strikers (Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Romario, Adriano, etc.), yet now they're struggling to find any decent one.

Abizzz

He's not as bad as people make out. He's certainly not the reason for Brazil getting thrashed 7-1 by Germany. Easy scapegoat though.
THIS.

I don't get how people booh the sole striker when the defence is conceding 7 goals. I hate it when fans booh their own players. Cheering for the opposition has a lot more class and serves the same point...

And in Freds case specifically they're booing him for his lack of talent... Noone ever questioned his commitment... I enjoy rape jokes, but that shit is cruel.
I don't enjoy rape jokes... but I love offending the easily offended.

Fenomeno9

Once Costa bailed for Spain, Fred was in fact the best Brazilian striker we could of taken. It sad but that the reality of the situation. He is decent but only when properly service which Scolari failed to build a squad capable of doing that.