Free transfer galore from January and onwards

Sterling Archer

Would be a better signing than Zlatan (if he can replicate even half of his liverpool days)
Pretty off-base statement considering that Zlatan has been terrific for us already and Torres has played quite well upon his return to Atletico.

Will Zlatan be able to regain his form post injury? That's an unknown but I'd not bet against him. As a United fan I would rather have our own player back after key contributions in winning the Europa League than a former Liverpool cult hero

Last edited:

DanClancy

Just realised Messi is out of contract at the end of the season, thought he signed a new contract a while ago; Obviously not

Is Giminez still as highly rated as he was 18 months ago?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pretty off-base statement considering that Zlatan has been terrific for us already and Torres has played quite well upon his return to Atletico.

Will Zlatan be able to regain his form post injury? That's an unknown but I'd not bet against him. As a United fan I would rather have our own player back after key contributions in winning the Europa League than a former Liverpool cult hero
Nothing like getting a Liverpool cult hero and then winning a PL with them! Burns them bad.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
No, he would not, and I say this as a big fan of his. the pace is mainly gone and he does not possess the aerial threat or physical strenght of Zlatan(Even if in his prime he used to score many headers goals.) What he would bring here is a great work rate. but he would never come here, Liverpool fans wouldn't forgive him and Mourinho sure as heel don't want him as he kicked him out of chelsea.
Yeah he isn't the same. I said if (it is a big if) but hypothetically if he was anything like his Liverpool days would be an epic backup striker.

izec

Just realised Messi is out of contract at the end of the season, thought he signed a new contract a while ago; Obviously not

Is Giminez still as highly rated as he was 18 months ago?
No, he hasnt improved at all, and is behind Savic in the pecking order for quite some time. There was a phase where he made a lot of mistakes and had some small injuries and from then on found himself on the bench a lot of times and when he played, he didnt look that impressive

The White Pele

With transfer fees going through the roof, you can understand why players might be inclined to run their contract down. Some of these players could pocket a ludicrous signing on fee.