French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

NYAS

Holy shit, Lorient are absolutely gutted with that last-gasp Caen equaliser at PSG

Walters_19_MuFc

The few times I've watched them, I have always been impressed. They've been fantastic. Glad they won the league.

The next step is for them to try and keep their players, because after that season, no doubt they'll be a few teams sniffing around. Players like Mendy, Fabinho, Mbappe, Silva and Bakayoko could all possibly leave in the Summer, which will be a big shame.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Final verdicts:

Champions: Monaco
Champions League: P.S.G.
Champions League playoffs: Nice
Europa League: Lyon, Marseille and one between Angers and Bordeaux
Relegated: Bastia and Nancy
Playout: Lorient

bucky

Edit: According to whoscored, Sanson has 14 assists.

Last edited:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Win by own goal in stoppage time is good enough. A title is a title :cool:

AXVnee7

So what's the verdict on the PSG manager? Not winning the league, but I think the bigger failure is losing a 4-0 lead to Barca. It should just never have happened.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Jorge Jesus, what do you think about it?
With Henrique incoming we see the lazy journos linking all the Pt coaches. I don't know Jesus that well but not sure he's really fit for a big club. Jardim is already more interesting but I wouldn't be too excited either.

I think we should give another year to Emery especially if only placeholders are available to replace him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well, no point discussing this further, if the second question and the other points aren't convenient for your argument.
It's not about convenience, I just told you what I believe prevented them from finishing the season strong. Lacazette and Umtiti are far better than anything Nice have ever had in defense or attack and yes they have been a big part of the difference between both teams, then you can had experience and the size of the roster.

Cornet-Lacazette-Ghezzal is as good as Pléa-Germain-Ben Arfa but Lyon have a player that is more consistent at a high level in Lacazette.
Seri-Mendy-Koziello was better than any combination of Darder-Gonalons-Ferri-Tolisso-Valbuena but as you can see Lyon actually had a bench.
In isolation both defenses were bad but Lyon had Umtiti to hide some things while Nice had a midfield good at covering them and excellent at controlling games.

bucky

It's not about convenience, I just told you what I believe prevented them from finishing the season strong. Lacazette and Umtiti are far better than anything Nice have ever had in defense or attack and yes they have been a big part of the difference between both teams, then you can had experience and the size of the roster.

Cornet-Lacazette-Ghezzal is as good as Pléa-Germain-Ben Arfa but Lyon have a player that is more consistent at a high level in Lacazette.
Seri-Mendy-Koziello was better than any combination of Darder-Gonalons-Ferri-Tolisso-Valbuena but as you can see Lyon actually had a bench.
In isolation both defenses were bad but Lyon had Umtiti to hide some things while Nice had a midfield good at covering them and excellent at controlling games.
Completely fair points. I just think if you make the argument that Seri was a key player in Nice's system, then I think I can make a point that Tolisso was a key player in a team that finished second in the league. Which in turn means the difference isn't that big and having the opinion that Tolisso was individually better isn't outlandish, wrong perhaps, but not outlandish.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Completely fair points. I just think if you make the argument that Seri was a key player in Nice's system, then I think I can make a point that Tolisso was a key player in a team that finished second in the league. Which in turn means the difference isn't that big and having the opinion that Tolisso was individually better isn't outlandish, wrong perhaps, but not outlandish.
It's definitely not outlandish, I believe that Seri was better but like I said earlier Tolisso played in a midfield that was less settled, he had to adapt to a lot of different roles which probably played a big part in the actual level of his performances. Now those arguments are only mitigating arguments they don't make Tolisso's performances better than Seri's.

bucky

It's definitely not outlandish, I believe that Seri was better but like I said earlier Tolisso played in a midfield that was less settled, he had to adapt to a lot of different roles which probably played a big part in the actual level of his performances. Now those arguments are only mitigating arguments they don't make Tolisso's performances better than Seri's.
Well, statistically Tolisso was better as well, according to whoscored and squawka. :D But let's leave it at that. Seri might get a move to Barcelona, which would be the result of his good performances. I wonder how Nice are going to line up next season with all those players leaving.