Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Do we think he's made it clear to you "I'll join but not until these fecks give me my money". That genuinely feels very possible to me.

If he was really not interested in moving, he'd have let you guys know not to bother. Right?
I've always sort of assumed he knows the game is up but his preference is still, if possible, to stay at Barca. That's why it makes sense for him to play it this way. If Barca change their minds, I'd assume he'd stay, but no harm having an oven ready deal with us for if that doesn't work out.

Terry Chango

Why do you assume that when we have a history of it
If it was a player who had no history with ETH then I’d share your concerns. I feel there’s mutual respect between them.

His agent who recently had one of his clients join our club also isn’t going to want to piss Utd off.

Guess I’m just trying to remain optimistic :houllier:

cyberman

I think everyone’s life will be easier if we just treat SPORT with the contempt that they deserve right now. They’re going to look very silly in a week when he’s a United player
22:00 Sewey tells caftards he doesn’t rate Sport - sport via Sportwitness
22:01 Sewey is open to reading Sports tweets and considers them reliable -sport via Sportwitness

crackers0seven

I refuse to believe utd have done it again and spent weeks after a fella who has no interest. Therefore the latest tweets can't be true. Ed is gone, utd can't still be broken. It can't.......

ThanksBoss26

If it was a player who had no history with ETH then I’d share your concerns. I feel there’s mutual respect between them.

His agent who recently had one of his clients join our club also isn’t going to want to piss Utd off.

Guess I’m just trying to remain optimistic :houllier:
Same! Or at least these are the things I keep telling myself.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Like when city tried to buy Kaka this

Chief123

Jamie Redknapp “He’s in the top 2 or 3 midfielders in the world!” ….I’m a big fan of FDJ but I’m not sure I’m that hyperbole yet….give me 2 weeks though!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Perhaps this is the problem! He promised her the sun and beaches of Barcelona and now she will get the rain of Manchester!
Tbf if she was from Chile or southern Spain I can understand. But coming from Holland it would like she has never left home.
She looks like an outdoorsey person. Lots of things to do... Just wetter.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Feels like a big day/few days coming up either way though.. This won’t drag on much longer. We’ll find out soon enough if there is a genuine problem with him wanting to join, now that there is total agreement on the fee

ti vu

Well, that's the key bit of leverage they have in this situation. Let's assume they desperately need the €80m (which I think they do) then they'll do anything to get rid.

I also think it's naive to assume he'd play in a World Cup without first team football for 4 months tbh.
He's undroppable for Netherland NT. Even not at his best, sharpest, he's still their best midfielders. Look at the other midfielders they have.

Look at Memphis and Bergwjin situation at their clubs, and they're still starters for Netherland NT. FdJ is leagues above in position where the drop in quality for the alternative is even bigger.

Terry Chango

Do we think he's made it clear to you "I'll join but not until these fecks give me my money". That genuinely feels very possible to me.

If he was really not interested in moving, he'd have let you guys know not to bother. Right?
100%

He’s open to joining us but certain issues need to be resolved and if they can’t then it’s not exactly a bad life living in Barcelona.

Posters expecting him to come out and make a statement either way are naive. I’d also keep my mouth shut till it’s resolved one way or another.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Touchy lot. Can't point out the obvious, can only post tweets they like. Basically conspiracy theorists but on a fecking internet football forum. Christ.
Remember when you said the Chelsea interest was real and I said it wasn't. I do. You attacked my logic then and now you come in here spouting shite about 'conspiracy'

You're so deep in the mud you're drowning.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Maybe he's using our interest to clarify that he is going to get his back pay. :)

MF1138

Barcelona "Mean and greedy Frenkie de Jong held us to ransom and made us pay him 17million euro, that we definitely didn't owe him, just to leave." @sport

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So in the world of Sport... in the past 3 hours anyway...

De Jong says he isn't leaving and that his agent had told United to stop trying to sign him.

De Jong is open to leaving the club but is 100% not going to United.

De Jong says its impossible to leave.

These are the biggest wums out there. Whoever takes them seriously needs their heads looking at

hobbers

Sport put one trash article out and we get 50 posts of tweets quoting various bits of it. Great.

Cal?

CR7 fan
That explains his tenure as a manager ;)
Well, he didn't give himself that long contract extension, he wasn't good enough as United manager, but I don't think anyone can accuse him of sabotaging on purpose.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
We cant be that stupid to buy more players that dont want to come here. That time is hopefully long gone.
I think that Frankie just want his €15 Mill from Barca and then feck off to Manchester. Probably have a verbal agreement with EtH from weeks ago…

RyRy11

Whether or not we get him I want him to really stick it to them. No way he should be trotting out there with less than he’s owed.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I've always sort of assumed he knows the game is up but his preference is still, if possible, to stay at Barca. That's why it makes sense for him to play it this way. If Barca change their minds, I'd assume he'd stay, but no harm having an oven ready deal with us for if that doesn't work out.
From a PR perspective he is fighting back on the Laporte narrative. Trying to leave a legacy that he still loves the club.... Instead of Laporte's which is that you are unwilling to help save the club's financial problems.
Obviously Frenkie is also trying to extract or claw back as much of the £17million back as possible by refusing to go along.

Laporte knows that the longer Frenkie refuses to get onboard with the plan the more disruptive it will be for xavi.

Won't be long. Laporte will want him off his wage bill before the 30th July

Swedish_Plumber

We cant be that stupid to buy more players that dont want to come here. That time is hopefully long gone.
I think that Frankie just want his €15 Mill from Barca and then feck off to Manchester. Probably have a verbal agreement with EtH from weeks ago…
You wouldn’t perhaps be reminiscing about Di Maria, would you?

ForeverRed1

It's a shitty situation for frenkie no doubt I mean he has a life and will be settled in Barcelona. I'd be seriously annoyed at how barca have handled this if I was him. But I also wouldn't want to be forced to live in a new country either which it seems he doesn't want.

I just hope ETH can work his magic and get him settled quickly.
This guy won’t be living in some 1 bedroom in salford. He will be in a beautiful multi million pound mansion in leafy Cheshire. He will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.