Frenkie de Jong| Off to Barca - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I disagree. Tagliafico is not in the top 3, he's a good right back but hardly world class.
Tagliafico has everything to be as good if not better than say [Irrelevant point]. He actually has everything to play for United imo. So much grit and quality, and a proper leader in every sense as well.

Ziyech is third best. A very fine attacking and creative player, but he will never play for the likes of Barca or Manchester United. The top two will. Two is De Ligt, excellent defender and as Arie Haan said, perhaps a more complete version of Beckenbauer.
come on now...

I agree that De Jong is good, and potentially obviously has a far higher ceiling than Tagliafico, but I was talking about who was a better, more consistent player at this moment in time.

I like how you just compared De Ligt to Beckenbauer (or actually rated him above him) and De Jong to Cruijff in a single comment lmao

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
I don't hate Ajax at all, love watching em play as they're a joy to watch. Especially when you're used to the dross Feyenoord produce ;)

Van Hanegem, like Swart are fans and should be treated a such when speaking on their clubs. I respect these guys for what they've done on the pitch, not for their opinion on football. Neither should I have to, especially when they say dumb things like Frenkie is a more complete Beckenbauer.
I agree. I also think both are fantastic personalities. I personally can't stand Van Hanegem, but love to hate him, and love Sjaak for being the most loveable, typical old Amsterdammer, but their bias is stronger than even most deluded online fans in certain ways.

Yeah no worries, just trying to have an actual debate, I've ommitted the whom I support on most Dutch websites, because it instantly gets you the hater tag from oppo's. My fellow Feyenoord fans think I'm a complete moron for actually enjoying Ajax destroying AEK Athene for instance. I love football in general more than any one club. Call me plastic, call me Switserland or call me Sandy for all I care, but I'm not saying this from a spiteful perspective, just trying to get that across.

I think Frenkie is amazing by the way. Just sad to see him being wasted in defense. Obviously he's playing there to fill in for an injured De Ligt, but after spending 60 (?) million you'd think they have an actual defender to back up the first two? Apparently Wöber is so bad, that he's not trusted, but didn't Ten Hag know that this summer? Why did he let Viergever go? Ofcourse Viergever is a dime a dozen player, but at least he's a defender. Ajax' approach is admirable, but so terribly naive. You need a few big dum (misspelling this word is amazing) logs at the back to defend. There's no shame in that. PSV beat Ajax by literally hoofing the ball to Luuk de Jong for 90 minutes. They did it simply because it worked so well. He often won duels without even jumping. It was painful to watch, especially, because Ajax has a far more talented squad than PSV.

In the end Ajax well being is linked to our national teams well being, because Ajax provide most of our national team's players, so seeing that sad Pep-lookalike Ten Hag, butcher his talents grieves me. Not because they drop points in the league, I love Ajax dropping points domestically, but because it's bad for their development.
Viergever had decided to leave before Ten Hag joined tbf, can't really blame him for that. I don't understand the complete lack of faith in Wöber. But yeah tactically that whole PSV game was a complete mess

Zlatattack

Ooh, Herrara replacement!

Maybe we can sell Jones and get De Ligt as a Jones replacement too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
@Ajaxsuarez how's dolberg rated compared to when he first started?
I know I'm only a lowly Feyenoord-supporter, nonetheless I can answer this for you. He's been struggling with injuries since his amazing run in Ajax great EL year. Just starting to get some minutes now. He's not back at the level he was, but the glimpses are there. He might play in the cup against amateur side Te Werve tonight, which in my opinion is a great opportunity to get some confidence back. I think staying healthy will be extremely important for his development.

Aloysius's Back 3

I know I'm only a lowly Feyenoord-supporter, nonetheless I can answer this for you. He's been struggling with injuries since his amazing run in Ajax great EL year. Just starting to get some minutes now. He's not back at the level he was, but the glimpses are there. He might play in the cup against amateur side Te Werve tonight, which in my opinion is a great opportunity to get some confidence back. I think staying healthy will be extremely important for his development.
Thanks mate!

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/opinie/109152/haan-de-jong-betere-versie-van-beckenbauer

Eh, he said it about De Jong for sure, perhaps De Ligt too?

I do think De Jong is fecking amazing by the way, just not as a central defender. Ajax fans should kick Ten Hag out if he persists with this folly.
I thought it was about the post from gate99 as he said de Ligt is a more complete version of Beckenbauer. I usually don't really pay attention to what former players have to say. I also think it's a ridiculous statement no matter if talking about de ligt or de jong. For me Beckenbauer is the greatest defensive player in the history of the game.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I'd rather get Ndombele than De Jong if we want a big physical midfielder with good dribbling ability and passing.
Proven in a better league and has had great games vs teams like PSG and City.

SATA

Wow i didn't know the caf has a huge number of Ajax and Dutch posters on here. Something to do with the Europa final two years ago?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's amazing. I've seen him a few times now & I am a huge fan of him. He will lead the Dutch back to being a International power.

He would suit City or Liverpool or Chelsea more than us right now. I would love us to sign him & get a manager who could utilise him well though. I think he is the next Modric/Kroos/Iniesta level elite midfielder.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
[youtube]
This is probably the most comprehensive youtube video of him
He looks good.
Was in the Ajax team we beat in the EL Final?
It's just that I don't remember any player for the Ajax team who was particularly good against us.

Murray3007

He looks good.
Was in the Ajax team we beat in the EL Final?
It's just that I don't remember any player for the Ajax team who was particularly good against us.
De Ligt was superb in the final against us, looked the most composed player on the park that night. what was he around 17/18 at the time and had played about 10 1st team games

Mcking

@Sjaakmeoff @Mcking @Murray3007 looks like you guys are getting de ligt and de jong confused as this is the de jong thread
I don't give a toss about De Jong. I have seen people refer to De Ligt as the best defender of his age grade, which is understandable. But he has also been labelled as a more complete Beckenbaeur, the current best young defender in the world and will apparently be the best defender in the world for years to come, whilst playing in the Eredisive. All of which are sodding unbelievable.

Sjaakmeoff

@Sjaakmeoff @Mcking @Murray3007 looks like you guys are getting de ligt and de jong confused as this is the de jong thread
I didn't. @Mcking did.

I don't give a toss about De Jong. I have seen people refer to De Ligt as the best defender of his age grade, which is understandable. But he has also been labelled as a more complete Beckenbaeur, the current best young defender in the world and will apparently be the best defender in the world for years to come, whilst playing in the Eredisive. All of which are sodding unbelievable.
And still does. De Ligt was never compared to Beckenbauer. De Jong was. Which is bullcrap as well btw.

CA1

Why would a potential quality player want to join a club that has an accountant making football decisions and is turning the stadium into a concrete block? :lol:

Mcking

I didn't. @Mcking did.

And still does. De Ligt was never compared to Beckenbauer. De Jong was. Which is bullcrap as well btw.
I disagree. Tagliafico is not in the top 3, he's a good right back but hardly world class. Ziyech is third best. A very fine attacking and creative player, but he will never play for the likes of Barca or Manchester United. The top two will. Two is De Ligt, excellent defender and as Arie Haan said, perhaps a more complete version of Beckenbauer. Buy him and you have a central defender position solved for the next 15 years with world class.

RooneyLegend

Why would a player be a more complete beckenbauer? what these qualities needed to complete the great man?

Sokz

That was misquoted by Gate99 because that quote of Arie Haan was pointed at De Jong. Also, that quote in itself needs some nuance. He didn't imply De Jong is currently or will ever be a better player than Beckenbauer was. He meant that as libero, De Jong has much of the same qualities that made Beckenbauer such a unique player and in addition to those qualities, De Jong has incredible speed and can easily dribbel past his opponent.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Member 93275

Sorry guys, I mixed up the De Ligt and De Jong regarding Arie Haan's quote, my bad.

De Jong is not a Mourinho player, but Mourinho won't last forever. He is a Pochettino player, who some fans crave for, but I don't know what the management wants.

The thing about De Jong's hype is, it's different from the normal kind of hype about a young player, where the young player shows promising talent, but you don't know how it will mature. De Jong reminds me a bit about Nouri, as a player who breaks through relatively late at Ajax, because they are romantics, which made them and their inherent quality, but also means they need to make the step into the real top game. Unfortunately we won't see Nouri making that step, but we are seeing De Jong's. He was already brilliant, but the current hype is all about that he is making that step, as most recently been epitomised by his CL and international games, and that's why Barca, Real, PSG, Man City, Spurs (!) and Man Utd (allegedly, like all of them) are after him. It's about how he is maturing. Normally he's destined for Barca, but hey they're dreaming of De Jong and Pogba on midfield (a director and an enforcer), why would't Manchester United when they already got half of it. Some may question that combo, but the ceiling when it's complementary and it works...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KM

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Good that he got the chance to show himself yesterday against a big team after being injured for the Ajax - Bayern match. Looked completely shot after 70 minutes or so.

This is pretty much the trademark Frenkie de Jong move, it's these little moments that make Ajax fans wax lyrical about the kid.

Member 93275

Yeah they tried to mark him but he was a key player yesterday. His first game after being out a couple of weeks due to injury, so that's why he was shot after 70 minutes.

Dolf

We need a player like him who can bring the ball from defence to attack. I just don’t think our tactics under Jose allow such player

Art

Art the artist
We need a player like him who can bring the ball from defence to attack. I just don’t think our tactics under Jose allow such player
Matic tries to do just that tho :confused:, albeit unsuccessfully most of the times.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I didn't. @Mcking did.

I think he was compared in style not that he was as good. Cmon people.

Member 93275

Sorry to side track this thread, but is that The Ryan Babel?
Yeah he's all grown up now, and has a new trick up his sleeve. For a split second he bedazzles the opponent with his bemusing hair style, and bam, he is passed him.

Reactions: harms
Status
Not open for further replies.