Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

Definetly 0% chance of getting frenkie now that Sergio Busquets has decided to leave barcelona.

Not that there was much hope before.

Ted Lasso

This season has convinced me he's no longer the top priority. Should be a striker

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We do still need a proper metronomic midfielder to add to our ranks so if not him we better fast find an alternative.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Definetly 0% chance of getting frenkie now that Sergio Busquets has decided to leave barcelona.

Not that there was much hope before.
He doesn't want to leave and we don't wanna sell anymore. The only chance is if we really need the money to register Gavi, Araujo and Balde, but even then I think Raphina and Ansu Fati would be sold first.

Mr PG

We beat Barcelona over 2 legs and try had FDJ and we didn’t . Let’s Get over it. Dude emphatically repeated he doesn’t wonna come.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He doesn't want to leave and we don't wanna sell anymore. The only chance is if we really need the money to register Gavi, Araujo and Balde, but even then I think Raphina and Ansu Fati would be sold first.
Those five words should be pinned on every page of this thread, in bold 100pt font.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can't think of another player who would fit Ten Hag's model therefore it is quite clear that we will sign him in the summer.

crossy1686

career ending
Busquets is leaving, Barcelona will win the league and have guaranteed CL football next season, we might also but it makes no sense for him to leave in the summer.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bit of a problem with the model if only one player in world football can fit into it
Like I said, I can't think of another player therefore there is literally no other player that fits. We need to buy Frenkie even if it uses up two year's worth of transfer budget.

davidmichael

I can't think of another player who would fit Ten Hag's model therefore it is quite clear that we will sign him in the summer.
Bennacer and Le Fee are both very De Jong like whilst Kovacivic has a lot of similarities as well, feel like all three of those are very gettable for £50 million or less then there’s also Rabiot who can play that role despite not as well but is on a free.

We are NOT getting De Jong under any circumstances especially now Busquets is officially leaving and it’ll mean De Jong being first choice in his favourite position, I don’t see Kessie or Nico should he return as any more than De Jong’s back up next season and them unlikely to bring in midfielders for a fee with them prioritising bringing Messi back.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bennacer and Le Fee are both very De Jong like whilst Kovacivic has a lot of similarities as well, feel like all three of those are very gettable for £50 million or less then there’s also Rabiot who can play that role despite not as well but is on a free.

We are NOT getting De Jong under any circumstances especially now Busquets is officially leaving and it’ll mean De Jong being first choice in his favourite position, I don’t see Kessie or Nico should he return as any more than De Jong’s back up next season and them unlikely to bring in midfielders for a fee with them prioritising bringing Messi back.
I like Le Fee, seems to be a tidy wee player. For what it's worth I'm ever so slightly taking the piss out of the folk who still seem to have their Frenkie goggles strapped on tightly, even if deep down I still live in hope myself...

croadyman

Yeah Utd should spend less time on wild goose chases over this guy and instead focus on getting Bennacer/Barella/Le Fee before someone else snaps them up instead

mu4c_20le

I like Le Fee, seems to be a tidy wee player. For what it's worth I'm ever so slightly taking the piss out of the folk who still seem to have their Frenkie goggles strapped on tightly, even if deep down I still live in hope myself...
Imo we should stay far away from him, because if we sign him he will forever be known as the 'lesser Enzo'

davidmichael

Yeah Utd should spend less time on wild goose chases over this guy and instead focus on getting Bennacer/Barella/Le Fee before someone else snaps them up instead
I’ve not watched a lot of Milan this season but whenever I have I’ve always liked what I’ve seen from Bennacer and I’d be happy with us signing him although I think Le Fee has potential to be really good, I think he’ll be a starting player for France next season and with a year left on his contract we could pick him up for £15-£20 million.

croadyman

I’ve not watched a lot of Milan this season but whenever I have I’ve always liked what I’ve seen from Bennacer and I’d be happy with us signing him although I think Le Fee has potential to be really good, I think he’ll be a starting player for France next season and with a year left on his contract we could pick him up for £15-£20 million.
Blimey if Le Fee could really be got that cheap then why the hell aren't we all over it

davidmichael

Blimey if Le Fee could really be got that cheap then why the hell aren't we all over it
Because our whole recruitment set up is reactive rather than proactive, we wait til we’re desperate then throw stupid money for the player instead of actively scouting then signing and letting them develop as we have always done up to the past decade.

croadyman

Because our whole recruitment set up is reactive rather than proactive, we wait til we’re desperate then throw stupid money for the player instead of actively scouting then signing and letting them develop as we have always done up to the past decade.
Yeah that sums us up in a nutshell

NoPace

Nico has struggled I gather in Valencia, but his size and dribbling and short passing looked really impressive to me at times last year. Seems like a guy Barca might give up on who would be intriguing for us. Only 21.

Chief123

It was silly we chased him for so long last summer but it really would be farcical if we tried again.

Status
Not open for further replies.