Frenkie De Jong | Performances

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He'd not start over Pedri but he's still better than Gavi even though the latter had a wonderful game today and shows a lot more tenacity than the former.
But ultimately Gavi is a homegrown talent and with much more potential so a coach like Xavi will naturally give him more preference anyway.

wr8_utd

:'(
But ultimately Gavi is a homegrown talent and with much more potential so a coach like Xavi will naturally give him more preference anyway.
Xavi doesn't seem to let sentiment get in the way of his decisions so I believe he'll play who believes is best suited and till the end of last season, FDJ was an integral part of the team. I do think Gavi and FDJ will be rotated and both get plenty of opportunities.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Chelsea were going to pay the money and so were we at the end. Not sure about PSG.
Apparently Chelsea offered over 100mil (factor in deferred wages) for Frenkie on deadline day. Barca then sent an offer to City for B. Silva (70mil+10) but got no response. That was the 'big surprise' Romero was banging on about. Memphis was also close to joining them and with both players being in London a few days prior..

Still, I think he should of just joined United personally. After the first 2 games he would of been correct to be cautious about ten Hag's project but you showed you mean business towards end of the window. I think United will be more attractive than Chelsea now.

He'll get his chances this season. Gavi starts currently as he's in incredible form but once that drops off, as it always does with young players, Frenkie will be back in the midfield.

led_scholes

Who would leave 17 millions and go play for another club? He is rich but thats giving up 1.5 years of wages. He will play alot this year, and probably leave next summer. But people criti
Don't want him. Next season we should chase another midfielder. One thing I'm most impressed so far by Ten Hag is that he has taken very ambitious and ruthless characters into his team that want to play for United which is what we've been missing since SAF left. Frenkie doesn't fit that mould.
For all we know it could be because Barca tried to be sneaky. Who would leave 17 millions and go play for another club? He is rich but thats giving up 1.5 years of wages.

Redcy

Who would leave 17 millions and go play for another club? He is rich but thats giving up 1.5 years of wages. He will play alot this year, and probably leave next summer. But people criti

For all we know it could be because Barca tried to be sneaky. Who would leave 17 millions and go play for another club? He is rich but thats giving up 1.5 years of wages.
i don’t think we will go back for him.I don’t think EtH will take kindly to being messed around, he won’t want the same shenanigans again and will just target different players I think.

NLunited

A little offtopic but I genuinely wonder how Frenkie is perceived in the Barcelona lockerroom these days since he refuses to lower his wages. Players like Pique, Busquets and Alba and more all agreed to take both paycuts AND wage deferrals back in 2021. Frenkie only agreed for a wage deferral and still refuses to lower his salary.

Legally, Frenkie is 100% in the right. Im curious if the squad players who have made significant financial contributions to the club feel the same way though.
Not all players at Barça have significantly lowered their wages.

Frenkie’s wage is not higher than market value, so there is nothing anyone can say.

There are about five clubs who would pay him the same wages or higher.

Besides that, why would he lower his wages now after being treated like shiit by those goatfeckers?

I’d swagger in with the most expensive jewelry while singing ‘Simply the best’.

Daft cnut really, understand him leaving it late to get his money, but he’s fecked himself here & will be chomping on bench all season. Not what I expect from an ambitious footballer.
At best he gets some minutes in his lesser favoured more advanced position, has really put his career old hold at Barca.

JeffFromHK

We should never consider him again.
he rather sits on the bench at a club that refuses to pay him salary than to join us, this alone is an intolerable insult to us.

Skills

Snitch
Was he the player that one of our scouts did a 30 minute presentation on being not good enough? Said scout subsequently got sacked this summer

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Never stay humiliated with someone in a one sided relationship whom you love, when a person who loves you is out there and willing to give you the world.

Might not make sense to your heart, but your brain will understand it.

DavelinaJolie

We should never consider him again.
he rather sits on the bench at a club that refuses to pay him salary than to join us, this alone is an intolerable insult to us.
The problem is that one of our competitors will snap him up.

Skills

Snitch
I thought I heard similar but about…Rice
Well he would definitely be right about Rice. Not really sure you want to promote such an oppressive culture in your organisation though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Massive dickhead, PSG or Bayern will probably come in for him and he can Jack off to Ronaldinho videos from those cities while being millions out of pocket.

SER19

Seemingly van gaal doesn't care what bench you're on once it's not Uniteds

Someone

Something
Money is great and all, but he's at his peak years. Without regular football players lose form, and hasn't looked good coming off the bench so far this season.

I honestly think any footballer who choses money over regular football ends up losing money in the long run. This only makes sense if you're done and nobody wants you, but if you're still wanted you should always choose playing, it's a really short career to be wasted on the bench for a top footballer.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
It's a good balance. It's up to Frenkie to prove that he's better than Pedri because he's defensively nowhere as good as Busquets nor does he work as hard as Gavi.
They're more than likely betting on leaving him on the bench until January so they can get rid of him.

Dr. StrangeHate

Barca are really good at buying and further developing youth products. Pedri I think they got for 15 million only a couple of years of back. I remember they bought busquets for peanuts as well when he was 17 or 18.

We need an rvn

Money is great and all, but he's at his peak years. Without regular football players lose form, and hasn't looked good coming off the bench so far this season.

I honestly think any footballer who choses money over regular football ends up losing money in the long run. This only makes sense if you're done and nobody wants you, but if you're still wanted you should always choose playing, it's a really short career to be wasted on the bench for a top footballer.
I think with him a large part for not leaving or signing a new contract was simply the principle of them deferring the £17m that he had earned but agreed to defer. Perhaps he is a man of principle.

sitting on the bench for half a season might change his mind

croadyman

I think with him a large part for not leaving or signing a new contract was simply the principle of them deferring the £17m that he had earned but agreed to defer. Perhaps he is a man of principle.

sitting on the bench for half a season might change his mind
Yeah I honestly believe Erik got enough encouragement to go for him so don't think he will lay blame at his door for this saga

croadyman

i don’t think we will go back for him.I don’t think EtH will take kindly to being messed around, he won’t want the same shenanigans again and will just target different players I think.
This is definitely not all black and white, fully expecting him and Erik to have a conversation before next window if still warming bench