Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ozil, Di Maria, Sanchez have all been sold when they did not want to leave the club.
It happens.
Ozil is an awful example he literally sat on Arsenals bench for about 2 years milking his contract :lol:

OpenIntrovert

I’m guessing pay cut agreement is looking highly likely.
If that was the case, he would have agreed way earlier and the transfer would have been dropped right then.

I suspect that his agent is trying to negotiate with Barcelona on the possible salary options that favours FDJ. If they still cant come to terms, then FDJ will negotiate personal terms with us and leave Barca.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Mental saga this really, can’t remember one like it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I disagree. I think by the end of last season, had Gavi and Pedri stayed fit, FDJ would've been on the bench. This isn't a controversial take and most Barca fans would agree.

Gavi and Pedri are better in those roles, specifically. As a deeper midfielder FDJ is obviously king.
We'll see, I can't see that happening. Hopefully we will not have to see it happen.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm fully expecting Sport to tweet that Frenkie has agreed to play for free soon

Tony247

Hard to believe but if Frenkie sacrifices 20+m to save Barca then they should build his statue and worship him more than messi.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Frenkie songs:

Jong At Heart
All de Jong dudes
Jong Love
Only The Good de Jong
Fine Jong Cannibals
Forever Jong
Jong, Gifted and Pack (your bags)

And one from Sound of Music - I'm owed 16, going on 17

Teja

I disagree. I think by the end of last season, had Gavi and Pedri stayed fit, FDJ would've been on the bench. This isn't a controversial take and most Barca fans would agree.

Gavi and Pedri are better in those roles, specifically. As a deeper midfielder FDJ is obviously king.
Yeah that's why I'm surprised by this pay cut, play him at CB chatter.

Barca will renegotiate with players like Dembele whom they need. FdJ is surplus to requirements for them right now unless Xavi moves to a 4-2-3-1, drops Busquets and plays a Kessie / FdJ midfield.

I don't see that happening at all and that's why I was so confident this move will happen from the start.

They're making me question my own sanity sometimes.

House Mkhitaryan

If FDJ does take another huge pay cut to stay with Barca, what was the point of this whole saga from FDJ's perspective. If he truly, really loves Barca, doesn't want to leave and has no intention of signing with United, why would he not just relay this information to ETH and the club? Why not just come out with a statement 2 months ago that he has no interest in going to United or anywhere?

With Sergio Ramos, it was obvious in hindsight (and at the time to be fair) that he was using United to secure himself a new contract for huge money. What is FDJ's game here... use United to secure a huge wage decrease and move to backup CB? It just doesn't make any sense at all. That is why I believe FDJ wants to move to United. Until there is a definitive statement proving otherwise from FDJ, United or Barca, I will continue to believe this is the case.

Reactions: Penna

Lecland07

Why would you choose to cut your wages at Barcelona when you can stay at Barcelona on the wages you are currently on?

That is like me asking my employer for a pay reduction.

lysglimt

Scout
I'm still amazed there's not some legal aspects involved and UEFA/FIFA haven't stepped in.
In fairness - there isnt a law against offering your players lower wages - but of course the players can say no. And if De Jong can take Barca to court if he wants - and probably will...but no...we must not hurt Barca....

lysglimt

Scout
Why would you choose to cut your wages at Barcelona when you can stay at Barcelona on the wages you are currently on?
Well if he stays at Barca with his current wages - he probably will rot on the bench as revenge....but yes, I do agree with your point

pogbasformerbarber

I find it utterly incomprehensible that somehow ten Hag has not been in constant communication with Frenkie, personally, and been given assurances of interest direct from the horsechoker's mouth. Chasing a player unto the end of the window with scant personal interest communicated on a personal level, would be lunacy, so, I can only surmise that what is spoken privately is at odds with certain public utterances from various media sources.
This has to be true. The embarrassment for the club if FDJ is willing to bend this far to stay means he was never going to sign.

If he was never going to sign and we’ve been massive fools to take this as far as it’s gone.

As poorly as we’ve been run in recent years I can’t imagine that level of ineptitude…so either the media is just spewing more absurdities or this club is in serious trouble. So far I still believe in the former.

LordSpud

Its weird how quiet the British journos have been on this during the last few weeks. They've always been spamming the line that he is open to a move but I've not seen a reaffirming post lately from any of them.

Tony247

Its weird how quiet the British journos have been on this during the last few weeks. They've always been spamming the line that he is open to a move but I've not seen a reaffirming post lately from any of them.
Which is a good sign

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Fab doesn't know anything about this saga
He's literally just covering all basis on this one. Also said that the decision isn't just financial due to FdJ's love of Barca. Don't really go together.

Pretty grim listening beyond that - Antony very unlikely unless Utd match Ajax valuation, interest in Sesko but that's because we missed all our ST targets and would only go for talent/prospect at this point. Will only buy in certain positions (RB, etc) until outgoings are confirmed, but Utd also holding out for good prices on expendable players. Reckon we're going to have a mad-rush end to the window, or this is it.

Also - absolutely no alternatives to Frenkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.