g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
The unpredictability principle of chaos theory: Because we can never know all the initial conditions of a complex system in sufficient detail, only muppets or negative cnuts can hope to predict the ultimate fate of a complex system.

fps

They aren't going to keep a player on 300k a week in the reserves that suits nobody especially someone who improves their first team.
It's what we're gonna do with Ronaldo.
J/k Ronaldo doesn't improve our first team.

Syphon Wallet

If they signed new contracts letting Barca pay them over the course of their next contract instead of now then Barca aren’t doing anything wrong legally. Morally maybe?
You are correct, legally it's not wrong.

It's also not wrong if a club is in financial trouble and come to an agreement with the players to reduce or defer wages to help save the club.

What is wrong, is for that club to then go out and splash the money on shiny new players, brought in on high wages also.

Reyoji-Utd

Round and round, round and round, round and round, round and round all through the town....

bosskeano

Can someone who is an expert in Spanish contractual law explain to me how this works? This is very different from how contracts work where I am from.
is that a 50% pay cut on the pay cut/deferred wages he's already taken?? We don't know what frenkie wants however i think his silence and that of his agent is calculating as he doesn't want to give out a hint he's willing to leave as that would weaken his stance on getting the money he's owed

Tony247

How on earth Barca fans defending this shithousery is beyond me. Then they are arguing with united fans which is quite amusing since they don't want Frenkie and united is willing to buy. Some mental somersaults going on there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Can someone who is an expert in Spanish contractual law explain to me how this works? This is very different from how contracts work where I am from.
As others have said - it’s simply what Barcelona want. Frenkie has no obligation to do anything other than carry on the terms he’s currently on, which is why Barcelona are trying their hardest to feck him off, or if he’s going to stay, getting him to massively reduce his salary

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
why does he get in ahead of pique or Kounde, or Biscuits, kessie, Gavi or Pedri?
Better than Kessie/Gavi and Busquets doesnt have eternal life and he will be about their best paid player.

GloryHunter07

Even if what Barca are doing is legally ok, it should be ringing major alarm bells for players.. sadly it looks like agents don't care and just want to fill their pockets.

I would never work for a company who acted like this.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
If they signed new contracts letting Barca pay them over the course of their next contract instead of now then Barca aren’t doing anything wrong legally. Morally maybe?
I'm sure Barca's team of lawyers know what they're doing to keep them out of trouble. I'd agree with the moral part, but what the hell is Frenkies agent doing letting him sign a contract where this was possible in the first place? What do players pay agents for if not to protect themselves from this sort of thing?

Gandalf

Better than Kessie/Gavi and Busquets doesnt have eternal life and he will be about their best paid player.
But Kessie/Gavi are better fits in the system Xavi has implemented. Frenkie's preferred role does not actually exist within the Barcelona team and with Kessie being the shiny new toy and Gavi being part of their future they will get minutes ahead of Frenkie. Xavi has played FDJ as a reserve CB on tour and doubled down on this by essentially saying that is the role he has in mind for him which is a subtle way of letting him know that the only competition he is likely to win if he stays is most minutes spent on the bench versus Donny VDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.