Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
1) He stays at Barcelona on his current contract but he will play as a backup CB.
Is it actually possible for him to stay on his current contract and Barcelona able to reconcile this with registering their new signings for La Liga? I don’t think this is a possibility, is it? Or do they have more dodgy levers they can pull to arrange this?

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

The absolute state of that thread:rolleyes:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Then we just keep buying Ajax players and problem solved ;)
Rather trust ETH with our buy ins than the scouts so it may not be a bad idea. Could just get the Glazers to buy the whole club and use them as our feeder club.

cyberman

If he stays at Barcelona, which seems very likely now, how is he even going to get minutes?

They’ll definitely register everyone one way or another. I count Kessie Busquets Gavi and Pedri all ahead of him in CM

And now Ronald A, Christensen, Kounde and possibly Pique all ahead of him at CB

Am I missing anyone
He’s happy to be a sub. Content to be another Bale.
There really is no other answer, he’ll be off on loan to Juve in 2 seasons as they split the huge wages between them

Rooney1987

It's the whole fanbase, look on Barca twitter, subreddits and Barca forums. THe majority are like it. I thought Liverpool overplayed the victim card but Barca take it to the next level. Nothing is ever the clubs fault always big bad premier league teams.

OrcaFat

Yeah its a very unique situation and a very complicated one, which is why I feel he will stay.

I mean the Spanish reporters have no clue whats going on, didnt Romero say 95% done. They are all trying to get clicks, with limited leaks coming out of United, I agree, it is hard to understand what is actually going on.

If you use logic, then how does it lead to him leaving Barca? because the only reason they want him gone is his wages right? So if they pay him what he is owed, then his wages are back in line with everyone else?
I think one of four options must happen:

1. FDJ stays there on current terms, with his current contract fully honoured. This is the least likely outcome because Barca simply can’t afford it. It will be better for them to pay him off to leave than to pay him the same money and have him stay at his current salary.

2. He takes a salary cut and stays. This is also highly unlikely as he is owed a lot already, is being told he is a reserve CB and would be humiliated by the whole arrangement, all the while knowing he can get paid more and play regularly in CM elsewhere.

3. He leaves without a pay off from Barca. He has no reason to do this. He can refuse which leads back to option 1.

4. Barca pay him a sum of money to agree to leave. The amount of the sum to be determined by negotiation. Barca’s preference €1, FDJ’s preference €20m.

Option 4 seems most likely to me as it is the only option which both parties will accept, however grudgingly, in order to resolve this and get on with their lives.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
As I’ve said in this thread - yet to find a Barcelona fan who wasn’t at least a partial wanker
Barca 2006-2016 was a sight to behold I miss that era, never really met any of their fans though, be interesting to see them in a few years (the club that is).

Skills

Snitch
It's the whole fanbase, look on Barca twitter, subreddits and Barca forums. THe majority are like it. I thought Liverpool overplayed the victim card but Barca take it to the next level. Nothing is ever the clubs fault always big bad premier league teams.
Funnily enough as it's a fan owned club, they're actually responsible for the state the club is in

stoinz

To be fair, if Frenkie is not target of ours, nobody would give a feck with their shenanigans. Think they are genuinely annoyed by the sudden increased of attention on them.

Woziak

Literally who cares, don’t want any player that doesn’t want to play for us. Let’s move on and salvage the rest of the window rather than putting all our eggs in this particular basket then wonder why all of sudden , Ajax now quote us €100m for Antony. Let’s get on with what we’ve got, we don’t want 2nd and third options now. Maybe a cheeky Neves bid for £40/50M 48 hours before window closes or just Baily or Martinez in at CDM for a few games and use Eriksen and Bruno as attacking midfielders.

DeGea’sFeet

Rather trust ETH with our buy ins than the scouts so it may not be a bad idea. Could just get the Glazers to buy the whole club and use them as our feeder club.
I like ETH, everything I’ve seen about him has been great. But every genius coach has a stubbornness that often costs them eg Pep comes to mind lost quite a few key CL SF and Finals because of his lack of pragmatism.

This putting all our eggs on the De Jong basket might prove a fatal error in ETH first season. We all know our midfield is rubbish, we all know we’ve lost a very talented CM in Pogba and a lot of squad depth through the other players who’ve left.

ETH chasing De Jong all summer might end up costing us. We need to improve our CM, we need a striker and probably winger. Still a month of the window left so no panic yet but if at the end of May people had said by the close to August 1st our only signings would have been Malacia, Lisandro, Erikson on a free, and we’d be chasing the same player for 8 weeks plus there’d be laughter from those didn’t believe it and outrage from those that knew it was a possibility.

So while I trust ETH if we don’t get de Jong he’s going to do he’s credibility some harm and it’s not one we can blame on the board.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
17 million reasons to take it to the wire

I'm not sure why Barca would think FDJ could blink at all. Only explanation is they expect us to randomly "solve the problem" out of pocket. That is never going to happen surely.
We did increases our addons actually to help toward that already.

Also it depends what you mean by take it to the wire. They need to register their players so they wont want to take it all the way to the end of the window youd think.

red thru&thru

Literally who cares, don’t want any player that doesn’t want to play for us. Let’s move on and salvage the rest of the window rather than putting all our eggs in this particular basket then wonder why all of sudden , Ajax now quote us €100m for Antony. Let’s get on with what we’ve got, we don’t want 2nd and third options now. Maybe a cheeky Neves bid for £40/50M 48 hours before window closes or just Baily or Martinez in at CDM for a few games and use Eriksen and Bruno as attacking midfielders.
Still not been established that FdJ doesn't want play for United.

pacifictheme

To be fair, if Frenkie is not target of ours, nobody would give a feck with their shenanigans. Think they are genuinely annoyed by the sudden increased of attention on them.
Nah the bayern chairman said they have no money and buy everyone they want.

buckooo1978

would love to know if that was a popular opinion amongst Barca fans

always quite envious of their ownership model and their socios etc especially given our American vulture owners but they need to be very careful what they wish for. Reckon in 5 years they are owned by a Sovereign Wealth Fund or some other organisation

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's my point, it's highly unlikely that he'll stay at half wages given the circumstances. It ridiculous to claim that as the reasonable outcome when there are 17million reasons to suggest why he has taken his current stance.
You are missing the point though. The only sure way to not reduce his wage and also get his 17m is by not leaving Barcelona until the end of his contract and not renegotiate his current deal. Unless Barcelona are willing to pay what they owe him, the most logical outcome is for De Jong to stay at Barcelona.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Funnily enough as it's a fan owned club, they're actually responsible for the state the club is in
That's the issue that I have with that type of ownership, it highly relies on populism and we all know how people as groups are a bit thick and shortsighted.

Last edited:

TheRedHearted

He won’t leave till he gets the deferred payment. Then hopefully he’ll say feck you to barcelona. Or Barcelona wil be a powerhouse and he’ll forget all about it

Status
Not open for further replies.