Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don't think Kroos was ever interested in joining us ahead of Bayern/Real tbf. I think we didn't reject him so much as we knew we weren't going to get him from some point and as a result didn't bother.
Hasn't Kroos come out and said the opposite?

GinobiliTheGOAT

Are rumours true of United actually willing to pay the extra 17-20M to De Jong that Barca owe :lol:

Laporta shouldn’t be off the hook for that, ridiculous if true.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Are rumours true of United actually willing to pay the extra 17-20M to De Jong that Barca owe :lol:

No i'm pretty sure thats just some of Sports BS. I do believe United will make another push to get it over the line soon, and i think it'll be done sometime in the next week or so either way

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
If Barca sell Frenkie & then buy Silva, how does that help their finances ?
I don't get it !!
You have to start to think Barca wanting to get rid of FDJ has more to with them believing he is a squad player not worth the big wages he is on currently rather than selling him is a must to comply with Spanish FFP rules.

Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. Since they pulled their last lever we were told they had money for transfers but needed to cut their wages if they wanted to register new players. This was when they signed the freebies (Kessie, Christensen etc) but before they signed Raphinha. Since then they signed lewa, Kounde and want Silva, and whatever people say, no doubt they all are on fairly big wages.

How the hell can Frenkie's salary cover so many players' salaries?

RedDevil@84

No i'm pretty sure thats just some of Sports BS. I do believe United will make another push to get it over the line soon, and i think it'll be done sometime in the next week or so either way
United unilaterally can't do anything, how much every they push. Somebody has to pay FDJ

peridigm

We should give them 17M up front and tell them to get fecked on any bonuses. The already agreed fee to be paid over 6 years.

Rolaholic

Basically spinning it for the fans that they can't get more shiny toys if he stays

redom

If he does eventually come and our announcement video doesn't contain some sort of lever I'm going to be very disappointed.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Basically spinning it for the fans that they can't get more shiny toys if he stays
Good way of doing it for them though aint it? Sell one player, get 3 in.
The fans will be all over that, seeing as they don't seem too arsed about de Jong anyway

lysglimt

Scout
If de Jong leaves Barcelona for another club than ys - he will be my most hated footballer since Tevez :)

NLunited

Maybe our Barcelona fans care to explain why their new players aren‘t registered yet??

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
New approach from Barca, offer players the chance to play for their dream club unpaid like an internship and when they are tired of them, they can go to a new team and they'll pay their wages.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Keep seeing this but don’t really understand this line of thinking at all. Maybe technically it’s not legal, but I don’t see why the clubs couldn’t agree to add it to the transfer fee, effectively achieving the exact same outcome.
It does but wages are accounted for separate from transfer fees as far as the club accounts are concerned and would have to be recorded as such. This may impact on Barca in terms of FFP and I guess any irregular looking figures could leave both clubs open to investigation if they are seen to be trying to circumvent the rules.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

Who are we fooling here? It doesnt look good at all - Glazers are trying to sell in McFred with the freshness of a fourth manager. How is it even possible? United fans tricked once again - we have yet signed a "bargain" left back for 150m, Eriksen on a free (who for a period struggled to get playtime in Contes Inter) and a descent but not tier 1 centerback that we got in competition with Arsenal after offering 60m.

McFred is starting and Rashford-Martial-Sancho seems to be our strongest attacking trio. Doesnt matter how good ETH is, the mediocracy and lack of ambitions from the board will tell sooner or later. ETH is fooled too - coming with all this energy and feeling of change just as LvG, Mou, Ole and Ralf. But its not possible without proper investments. But United are not getting them this summer either.

Green Yellow Red

I have no idea why we would continue to pursue a player who has stated he wants to stay put, and also why we would keep a player (Ronaldo) who wants to leave. The club appears desperate and is yet again becoming a complete embarrassment.

Ted Lasso

We should give them 17M up front and tell them to get fecked on any bonuses. The already agreed fee to be paid over 6 years.
Absolutely.

Also wondering if paying that upfront for Frenkie would allow us to temper some of the personal terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.