Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Xavi isn’t some magic manager either.

All it really takes is a season where Xavi struggles and gets sacked for him to be on high wages and be useful to a new manager again.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
or he’s a stubborn idiot for dragging this out for so long for the sake of owed wages.
What an absolute idiot, not giving up 17 millions that he’s owed for the sake of convenience!

Castia

Barca able to register their new players:nervous:
Somebody needs to step in here this club is being run into the ground. They’re in a billion Euro debt and now they’re selling off future incomes? They won’t be around within 5 years.

Godfather

Isn't this bad news for our pursuit? I thought the third lever was only going to be activated if they can't get rid off Frenkie?

TrueRed79

Barca hedging their bets on their entire future by selling future earnings is absolute bonkers. Hope it all goes tits up for them.

Superunknown

Somebody needs to step in here this club is being run into the ground. They’re in a billion Euro debt and now they’re selling off future incomes? They won’t be around within 5 years.
That's when Lever 27 will kick in. They'll be selling off the naming rights for Xavi's grandchildren. Also, Laporta will auction off one of his 12 stomachs.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Isn't this bad news for our pursuit? I thought the third lever was only going to be activated if they can't get rid off Frenkie?
Nope i don't think it makes any difference to our pursuit. They still need to get rid of Frenkie to get any new signings in, and this lever only allows them to register current players, not any they want to add in the remainder of the window

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think this is a completely difference scenario is it not?
de Jong absolutely destroys their new wage structure, he's on A LOT more than Lewa, who i imagine they want to be their top earner. Hence why de Jong needs to fall in line with a pay cut, or leave.
Of course he doesn't have to do either, but i think the reality is that if he doesn't go, then it's not going to end up good for him. I don't see him taking that pay cut though, and i don't see him staying around when it's clear that he's not wanted or needed there
Once Barcelona have their players registered FDJs wage hike is largely an inconvenience to deal with for a future window/registration period.

They won't go and stump up 17M to firesell him when they can very likely sell him for as much in January or next Summer. His wages until then are a fraction of that and he is not a terrible player, clearly.

They have essentially sold 25% of Barca studios for 117M, 100M consideration + 17M we will take care of to make the deal happen.

MrSingh2002

Sue for what? Barca don't contractually owe FDJ anything at the moment, afaik. If he puts in a transfer request he writes off the future wages and bonuses which are in dispute.
So its on De Jong to accept 7 he's not actually owed or wait for 17 he's not actually owed?

Laurencio

Barca able to register their new players:nervous:
What's their plan for next year, or the year after that? They can't keep selling their TV rights indefinitely to artificially increase their yearly revenue...

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Ridiculous club. It's going to be funny watching them collapse in the coming years
Yes barca will collaps because of the €40m less from 25% TV rights, which Spotify alone already covered in comparison to Rakuten. Or will barca collaps because they brought in a new investor for their 25% studios, who has the necessary knowledge and menpower to do the groundwork for digital entertainment and products to increase Barca Studio's revenue considerably.
It could be some time until your forecast will come true. Make yourself comfy :yawn:.

Counterfactual

So its on De Jong to accept 7 he's not actually owed or wait for 17 he's not actually owed?
The dispute is that he has *deferred* wages written into his contract. So he believes he's owed, but contractually they're only paid out over the lifetime of the current contract. Hence the impasse. (this is my understanding of it, anyway)

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Once Barcelona have their players registered FDJs wage hike is largely an inconvenience to deal with for a future window/registration period.

They won't go and stump up 17M to firesell him when they can very likely sell him for as much in January or next Summer. His wages until then are a fraction of that and he is not a terrible player, clearly.

They have essentially sold 25% of Barca studios for 117M, 100M consideration + 17M we will take care of to make the deal happen.
So basically if de Jong doesn't go now, thats their window over. No further reinforcements will be brought in, and Xavi will be made to make do with what he has

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
What's their plan for next year, or the year after that? They can't keep selling their TV rights indefinitely to artificially increase their yearly revenue...
Next years plan is to sell off their debt to another bank at a higher interest rate. They’ll call it ‘’financial migration” or some shite.

AndySmith1990

Yes barca will collaps because of the €40m less from 25% TV rights, which Spotify alone already covered in comparison to Rakuten. Or will barca collaps because they brought in a new investor for their 25% studios, who has the necessary knowledge and menpower to do the groundwork for digital entertainment and products to increase Barca Studio's revenue considerably.
It could be some time until your forecast will come true. Make yourself comfy :yawn:.
Keep your head buried in the sand. Presumably that way you can continue to believe that a club can operate with over a billion pounds of debt whilst selling off future income without severe consequences

Cypriot

His value will decrease if he's not playing, or is playing as a centre back.

antohan

Remember Perisic? We kept lowballing Inter and it then turned out they didn't have to sell at all.

See you on July 1st after Barca's deadline has passed and we've wasted a month.
Called it here.

That was with the initial June 30 fictional deadline. Then it was July 31 that they had to submit accounts and argue the case for a higher cap, which is when this latest development arrives and once again they don't need to sell FDJ.

No big club will have another club strong-arming them around a deadline. That's part of a longer game. It's "Running a Big Club 101", while we are run like a corner shop.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah you're right. Such a brilliant ran club. Billion in debt :lol:

lysglimt

Scout
No matter how many levers and players they register, they still need to meet the La liga wage cap limit which doesn’t change. They need rid of FDJ either way.
I just don't get it. With all the new players they have signed, getting rid of FDJ surely is a drop in the ocean. They need to get tid of 3 FDJ the way this is going

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Keep your head buried in the sand. Presumably that way you can continue to believe that a club can operate with over a billion pounds of debt whilst selling off future income without severe consequences
While I give arguments, you just rant without any. Somebody sues barca because they dont get their money? I must have missed it. Otherwise barca pays everything on time so far, no matter how hard social media narrative cj themselves about barcas finances without any true knowledge. And about those levers, I already gave you the details. Not good, but far from crippeling for anybody who understands a bit of economics.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Looks like Barca are still banking their future on the ESL becoming a reality.

Juve Real and Barca are still all in for the ESL. Shame no other club is :lol:

antohan

So what’s this? 50 percent of tv rights gone now?
No, this latest deal is selling 25% of a loss-making outfit for 100M. All predicated on a world where people pay millions for a monkey avatar.

La Liga wage cap calculations apparently written by said monkey who can't differentiate the relevance of one-time revenue from asset sales vs recurring revenue when assessing coverage of recurring wages.

crossy1686

career ending
Barcelona whoring themselves for the 3rd time this window means they're going to have to force De Jong out now by not playing him.

Guess we're all watching their first game then!

antohan

So basically if de Jong doesn't go now, thats their window over. No further reinforcements will be brought in, and Xavi will be made to make do with what he has
That would be a great window. Bernardo sounds great but, oh well, shame.

Our window though... and that's when we pay, not them.

phelans shorts

Because even if we do get Frenkie we still need a midfielder. Unless you want to go into a new season with Fred, FDJ and Mctominay as our only midfield options ?
You’ve forgotten Eriksen. We’ll also keep 2 of Garner, Savage and Iqbal would be my guess. That sounds fine as a selection of midfielders to me. Better than pissing money away on the likes of Neves or Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.